#1 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,618 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 07:07 PM

As if anyone cares...

http://timesunion.co...sdate=6/29/2007

I didn't realize the league was based mostly in Germany.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#2 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,182 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 07:09 PM

It seemed like they were drawing good crowds, so who knows what they were doing wrong. I don't care enough to find out but I remember every time I put the games on when skipping threw channels the stadiums looked pretty full. Sucks for the fans over there.

#3 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 07:14 PM

This is terrible. Now on the rare occasion that I play Madden, what team will I make the other guy use in order to give me a fair chance?
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#4 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 09:23 PM

Why are they still playing NFL games in Europe?
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten.

#5 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,694 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 09:28 PM

it was an attempt at a minor leagues in the NFL

oh well

BRING BACK THE XFL!!!
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#6 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 02:18 PM

This is terrible. Now on the rare occasion that I play Madden, what team will I make the other guy use in order to give me a fair chance?

The Texans? :evil:

it was an attempt at a minor leagues in the NFL

oh well

BRING BACK THE XFL!!!

HELL NO!

I think Vince lost a lot of money for this :D
Posted Image

#7 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,849 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 02:22 PM

They were talking about this last night during the game here....

NFL Europe was supposed to be a developmental league for the NFL. It was losing money and was costing the NFL $30M each year. Now, losing $30M per year is no big deal for the NFL which is just rolling in money and they would have been happy to keep spending it *IF* the league actually was working as a developmental league. But there were more guys developing in the CFL going to the NFL than from NFL Europe. Very few star players were coming out of this money-losing venture. Why pour good money after bad?

What they said last night is that this is great news for the CFL as the talent won't be split. There will be more good players looking for jobs here.
"Lock'n'Load!" - Denny Crane
"Denny Crane!" - Denny Crane
"Trix are for kids!" - Denny Crane
"I hate cling-ons!" - Denny Crane

#8 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,193 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 11:33 AM

It started out as a European wide league but only the Germans really cared about it. In the end the league consisted of 5 German and 1 Dutch based team. The plan to establish (American) Football Europe wide clearly failed. In many cases they sell tickets only on e 1 side of the stadium and put the cameras on the other side. That is why it looked fuller than it was.

#9 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,976 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 06:26 PM

HE HATE ME!!!!!

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#10 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,130 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 07:30 PM

At one point this was really big.

It lasted like a year.

They used to play games at Stamford bridge, Chelsea FC's ground, until they decided the pitch got so damaged from it that it wasnt in their intrest.

I dont think anyone will care, American football is just seen in europe as "rugby for whimps".

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users