135 replies to this topic

#121 brodeurrocks

brodeurrocks

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,230 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 12:46 PM

It's too bad that this matchup wasn't lat year when winnipeg was the host city...that would have been crazy!

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing...wouldn't that have been a piss up?!

Posted Image

Official Keeper of David Clarkson's Open Ice Hits!

Official Keeper of the stains on Chico's shirt and tie from "Chico Eats" episodes!

#122 annabelle

annabelle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 07:14 PM

Yeah, it would have been crazy..imagine all the imbreds making the trip....:P Actually there were alot of wacko Rider fans here last year..I saw some wearing green grass shirts and cocnut bras by the Bay last year...
This post was brought to you by the letters, D, P & H

"I wasn't trying to be funny. If I was you would have noticed because you'd be laughing.."-C.G 04/14/07

"The winters of my childhood were long, long seasons. we lived in three places, the school, the church, and the skating rink. But our real life was on the skating rink" (from the back of the 5 Dollar bill, proof that Canada IS hockey country..)

Loyalty above all, Save honour

15 seconds left, your team is down a goal...Are YOU in the parking lot or still in the stands?

OFFICIAL MEMBER OF Team Awesome.ca...KEEPING MANITOBA AWESOME!!!!

"FLAMES FANS- the new generation of the 90's Leaf fans, naive and stupid with no actual hockey intelligence..(which is expected when 80% of your fanbase are bandwagoners who started watching April 2004)"- PureTalent#19

Keeper of the Sprite in Marty's water bottle
Posted Image

#123 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,856 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 07:23 PM

I want a Roughriders green cowboy hat. They look cool.
"Lock'n'Load!" - Denny Crane
"Denny Crane!" - Denny Crane
"Trix are for kids!" - Denny Crane
"I hate cling-ons!" - Denny Crane

#124 brodeurrocks

brodeurrocks

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,230 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 10:16 AM

Yeah, it would have been crazy..imagine all the imbreds making the trip....:P Actually there were alot of wacko Rider fans here last year..I saw some wearing green grass shirts and cocnut bras by the Bay last year...

Yeah, we would have had to lock up all the sheep and other small farm animals ...on the plus side the province would have made huge bucks collecting taxes on booze sales. You think McQuade would have had a banjo sale?

Posted Image

Official Keeper of the stains on Chico's shirt and tie from "Chico Eats" episodes!

#125 annabelle

annabelle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 05:56 PM

I think that's pretty much a given, and KFC would have sold out all the buckets of chicken..yeehawww!

Edited by annabelle, 22 November 2007 - 05:56 PM.

"I wasn't trying to be funny. If I was you would have noticed because you'd be laughing.."-C.G 04/14/07

"The winters of my childhood were long, long seasons. we lived in three places, the school, the church, and the skating rink. But our real life was on the skating rink" (from the back of the 5 Dollar bill, proof that Canada IS hockey country..)

15 seconds left, your team is down a goal...Are YOU in the parking lot or still in the stands?

"FLAMES FANS- the new generation of the 90's Leaf fans, naive and stupid with no actual hockey intelligence..(which is expected when 80% of your fanbase are bandwagoners who started watching April 2004)"- PureTalent#19

Posted Image

#126 annabelle

annabelle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 04:16 PM

All right, it's Grey Cup Sunday, the day where it doesn't matter if you like it....you watch it...Lets Go Blue even though that Dinwiddie guy looks like a complete jerkoff

Posted Image

#127 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 04:32 PM

All right, it's Grey Cup Sunday, the day where it doesn't matter if you like it....you watch it...Lets Go Blue even though that Dinwiddie guy looks like a complete jerkoff

Why???

Dinwiddie sounds good.. :D
Posted Image

#128 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,856 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 04:48 PM

They said it today on "TSN Reporters"... if your team is out, fans tend to pull for the Roughriders. And it's true.

My Argos were knocked out last week, so GO GREEN GO!!!

#129 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,378 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 06:02 PM

Lets Go Winnipeg! I am bored and Winnipeg seems cool so for the first Grey Cup I will sort of follow I will cheer for them!

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#130 brodeurrocks

brodeurrocks

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,230 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 07:36 PM

10-7 for the Green Machine at the half. Dinwiddie continuing to try to learn on the go. The Bombers D MUST be HUGE if they want a chance to win this one. The beer and pizza is awfully good though!!

Posted Image

#131 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,856 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 08:53 PM

Man, this game is brutal. It's a matter of which team is the most inept. Fumbles, interceptions, dropped passes..... this definitely won't be going down in history as "a classic". Yeah, the game is close at 16-14, but the only points on the board that looked good was the bomb to Armstrong by Dinwiddie. The rest have been crap points. A badly thrown ball easily intercepted and returned for a TD. A fumble by the inexperienced QB leading to a field goal. This really has been both teams trying their best to lose the game.

#132 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,856 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 09:18 PM

Has the Grey Cup MVP award ever gone to a teams PUNTER?

Winnipeg is in this game because Troy Westwood keeps putting Saskatchewan inside their 10 yard line where they have no room to operate.

I can't think of *anyone* else anywhere near deserving of an MVP trophy. This has been a disgusting display of incompetence by both offenses.

#133 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 09:39 PM

And the Riders wins.... I wanted so hard for the Bombers to win... Stegall reminds me of Jerome Bettis with the Steelers back in 2005-2006.... In 2004-2005, Big Ben told him " I'm going to get you that Super Bowl ring next year" after they lost vs the Pats.. And they did.

Guess it didn't work out for the Bombers and Stegall..... My dad watched the game and he told me that the game was very boring, not a classic at all.(Couldn't watch, I had like... 6+pages of Math homeworks.)

Edited by TravisZajac, 25 November 2007 - 09:39 PM.

Posted Image

#134 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,856 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 10:26 PM

I'm glad James Johnson won the MVP. It absolutely had to be someone from one of the defenses because the offenses didn't bother to show up today.

And, yes, the game was beyond boring.

Sad to see Stegal signaling to the cameraman to go away... he looked like he was about to cry. I don't think CBC should have had a cameraman there in the first place. That's almost as bad as the time I saw Rod Black went up to an Olympic athlete who finished fourth in his event and say "You promised your dying mother that you'd bring back a medal. How do you feel now that you have failed her?"

Edited by Don, 25 November 2007 - 10:26 PM.

#135 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,378 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 10:41 PM

I'm glad James Johnson won the MVP. It absolutely had to be someone from one of the defenses because the offenses didn't bother to show up today.

And, yes, the game was beyond boring.

Sad to see Stegal signaling to the cameraman to go away... he looked like he was about to cry. I don't think CBC should have had a cameraman there in the first place. That's almost as bad as the time I saw Rod Black went up to an Olympic athlete who finished fourth in his event and say "You promised your dying mother that you'd bring back a medal. How do you feel now that you have failed her?"

I am not sure of what instance you are talking about, I'm fairly young at 19, but damn, that is absolutely class-less. I can't imagine anything more rude for a reporter to do. Hell, if I was another athlete there I would have punched that reporter out and told them to go the hell away.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#136 annabelle

annabelle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 11:21 PM

Damn that was horrible, Dinwit..err Dinwiddie didn't look all that broken up about it during the post game interview..meh, Too bad Kahari couldn't have come back for one last half......

Saskatchewan..well good for them..something to cheer about..i mean after all, they live in Saskatchewan...one of the few worst places to live in canada besides Winnipeg, Edmonton, and anywhere on the East coast...

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users