85 replies to this topic

#41 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,425 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 08:35 PM

Don't understand this one... Lou seemed to really like Luko.

Matvichuk is good for 50 games max. Not sure what the thinking was here.

I agree
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#42 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,405 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 08:41 PM

Good, if Lou's going to be a d-ck and not even offer ANYthing to Lukowich then let him get a good deal from another team.

Three years would have been one more than I wanted, but how do we know Luko wouldn't have taken a two year deal with us? Lou never offered bupkus.

But if the king thinks he can magically make the defense better by letting two of our top guys go without making an attempt to resign either, well okay Lou. Let's see those damn rabbits you're pulling out of that hat.

Edited by Hasan4978, 03 July 2007 - 08:42 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#43 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,848 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 08:45 PM

Good, if Lou's going to be a d-ck and not even offer ANYthing to Lukowich then let him get a good deal from another team.

Three years would have been one more than I wanted, but how do we know Luko wouldn't have taken a two year deal with us? Lou never offered bupkus.

But if the king thinks he can magically make the defense better by letting two of our top guys go without making an attempt to resign either, well okay Lou. Let's see those damn rabbits you're pulling out of that hat.

This is a great point which can get lost in the Zubrus excitement.

Luko and Raffi were our best d-men last year. Their places are being taken by which rabbit?
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#44 elias2600

elias2600

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 08:45 PM

we'll miss you luko. good guy. too bad lou dropped the ball, or maybe luko wanted a payday from lou.

#45 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,405 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 08:48 PM

Maybe next year Lou'll lace 'em up on D. God knows he already has every other job title in the organization and it'll save cap room :P
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#46 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,583 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 08:49 PM

POD.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#47 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,848 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 08:51 PM

POD.

Agree.
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#48 metallidevils

metallidevils

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 08:54 PM

this is unbelievable.
"We had our chances. But Martin Brodeur is a hell of a player."
Posted Image
Posted Image of "It's a power play goal! F*** you Sam Rosen!"

#49 devils26

devils26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 09:15 PM

Maybe next year Lou'll lace 'em up on D. God knows he already has every other job title in the organization and it'll save cap room :P

He'll probably lowball and/or ignore himself, and piss himself off, so he will end up not playing for the Devils.

"The Devils always find a way to win, ... That will continue." -Scott Stevens
"I wouldn't think so. Nothing is broken. It's just a bruise." -Lou Lamoriello

Posted Image

#50 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,948 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 09:56 PM

This is getting disgusting. Luko was our best D-man last season. How the fvck did Lou let him go?? this is horrible timing with the new arena.

#51 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,115 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 09:59 PM

In memory of Brad's passing here's a few nice clips...

we will miss ya buddy

Edited by Satans Hockey, 03 July 2007 - 10:02 PM.

#52 Vinnie

Vinnie

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 10:06 PM

He'll probably lowball and/or ignore himself, and piss himself off, so he will end up not playing for the Devils.

Then $ather will give him a 10 year deal for $80M and Ranger fans will defend the signing with a straight face.

#53 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,264 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 10:44 PM

Thats a very fair deal for Lukowich. I am disappointed Lou was unable to get him signed, especially for that price. He is much better than Rachunek. I wonder who Lou is going to use as the 7th defenseman next year, everyday Fraser's chances grow better and better. Not to be all doom and gloom but next years defense does not excite me at all, it may perhaps be one of the worst they have had in recent years.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#54 Tretyak 20

Tretyak 20

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 10:52 PM

Congrats, Lou. We're now looking at possibly the worst Devils team ever. Real bang-up job!

I wouldn't be half suprised if Marty asks to be traded by the deadline.
Fire Lou Now.

#55 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,115 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 10:55 PM

Congrats, Lou. We're now looking at possibly the worst Devils team ever. Real bang-up job!

I wouldn't be half suprised if Marty asks to be traded by the deadline.

Come on, worst Devils team ever? That's really pushing it.

#56 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,034 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 10:55 PM

I agree with the general sentiment here. Luko should have been re-signed, ESPECIALLY with Rafalski gone.

Maybe Lou knows something we don't, right now the Defense on a defense oriented team isn't looking to good.

#57 Tretyak 20

Tretyak 20

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 11:02 PM

Come on, worst Devils team ever? That's really pushing it.

Then we'll just call it the worst since the '80's. The problem is that the original Devils teams had an excuse for sucking. With this team, we had a championship in '03, and it's been nothing but bad deals and mis-management rivaling that of Lyndon Johnson ever since. This years' team won't make the playoffs.
Fire Lou Now.

#58 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,583 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 11:08 PM

How do we know this is the worst team since the 80s if they haven't even played a single game yet?

Can we at least clarify -- worst team on paper, worst team in the summer, worst team pre-season...you know, something? I hardly think this team is screwed, but then again, they have yet to play a single PRE-SEASON game for crying out loud!

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

#59 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 11:36 PM

Then we'll just call it the worst since the '80's. The problem is that the original Devils teams had an excuse for sucking. With this team, we had a championship in '03, and it's been nothing but bad deals and mis-management rivaling that of Lyndon Johnson ever since. This years' team won't make the playoffs.

Wow....

Won't make the Playoffs?ARE YOU fvckING KIDDING ME? :rant: :argh: :evilcry:

Jesus christ, if you wanna see which teams can't make the playoffs, Montreal Canadiens..........Columbus.......Nashville...Phoenix.....

This site is driving me crazy..Drepressing is the word.Wow, can't believe what i'm seeing.
Posted Image

#60 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,583 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 11:37 PM

Wow....

Won't make the Playoffs?ARE YOU fvckING KIDDING ME? :rant: :argh: :evilcry:

Jesus christ, if you wanna see which teams can't make the playoffs, Montreal Canadiens..........Columbus.......Nashville...Phoenix.....
This site is driving me crazy..Drepressing is the word.Wow, can't believe what i'm seeing.

I think it's a rite of passage. You cannot become a true NJDevs regular until you've experienced THE MELTDOWN.

Sometimes it happens four or five times in a season, sometimes twice in an offseason, always at least once during the trade deadline.

It's fun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users