153 replies to this topic

#121 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 03:57 PM

meh. You may be right, but maybe a back to back will fall right. ;)

...he beat alex the great and the caps. you gotta give him a little bit he never got a chance to show his true skill sitting on the bench.

Nice point from the bleachers Mr. RD!

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#122 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 04:26 PM

Didn't Weekes play for the Isles?.... so now he joins Nemchimov & Malakhov as the only one who have played for the 3 NY/NJ teams.

This is correct. He also had brief stints with Vancouver and Tampa. Weekes began his career with Florida but was then dealt to Vancouver as part of the Bure deal.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#123 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,674 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 04:27 PM

I think he's played for Florida, Islanders, Lightning, Canucks, Canes, Rangers

#124 Vinnie

Vinnie

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 04:31 PM

There's a reason nobody wants him.

#125 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 04:34 PM

I think he's played for Florida, Islanders, Lightning, Canucks, Canes, Rangers

Yep. This will be his seventh NHL team.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#126 LizDevil30

LizDevil30

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,761 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 04:37 PM

Yep. This will be his seventh NHL team.

And Sather gave him, I think it was 2mil a yr? We got him for $700,000 per. Not too shabby. He may have found home?
"Why is a puck called a puck? Because dirty little bastard was taken."-New Jersey Devils Goaltender Martin Brodeur, of whom I am happy co-keeper with poohbear.
His lean, limber muscles tensed under the skin are ready to contort his body into unnatural goal stopping positions. Tara Sullivan, Bergen Record.
A person's a person, no matter how small. Horton the Elephant, "Horton Hears a Who"
NEW JERSEY home of the Devils, Giants, Jets, Red Bull, Nets and the Statue of Liberty--standing on our front porch waving to the neighbors.

#127 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,116 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 05:16 PM

Don't like Weekes because of 2002, but he's better than Clemmensen. This is a sign that Marty will get a lighter workload next season because Weekes is a top echelon backup.

Are you forgetting about Vanbiesbrouck?

Pat Conacher too.
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#128 metallidevils

metallidevils

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 06:45 PM

why does a kevin weekes signing thread have over 100 responses
"We had our chances. But Martin Brodeur is a hell of a player."
Posted Image
Posted Image of "It's a power play goal! F*** you Sam Rosen!"

#129 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,635 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 06:46 PM

why does a kevin weekes signing thread have over 100 responses

coz we all wait the first to post " In Lou We Trust "

#130 NYGDevils32

NYGDevils32

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 06:47 PM

Haha I made a joke about this in the OT forum, but I said we would trade Marty for him. :P

I bet he will get booed whenever he plays at home or at Rangers now. He always got booed at Rags for some reason and he will get booed for what happened in '02. Oh well, as long as he can win the two games that he plays, I have no problem.

#131 dmitri

dmitri

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 06:48 PM

Didn't Weekes play for the Isles?.... so now he joins Nemchimov & Malakhov as the only one who have played for the 3 NY/NJ teams.

You forgot Beezer.
The Official Keeper of the Devils Anthem: <a href="http://www.songfacts...=1456&">Runnin' with the Devil by Van Halen</a>

#132 dmitri

dmitri

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 06:50 PM

You forgot Beezer.

Heh, people here are fast. Sorry for superfluous post.
The Official Keeper of the Devils Anthem: <a href="http://www.songfacts...=1456&">Runnin' with the Devil by Van Halen</a>

#133 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,218 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 07:00 PM

Haha I made a joke about this in the OT forum, but I said we would trade Marty for him. :P

I bet he will get booed whenever he plays at home or at Rangers now. He always got booed at Rags for some reason and he will get booed for what happened in '02. Oh well, as long as he can win the two games that he plays, I have no problem.

At NYR im pretty they were chanting "Weeekess" not "boooo" .. and i doubt anyone will bother boo'ing him besides Rag fans this year..
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#134 FightCommies77

FightCommies77

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 07:12 PM

If we boo him in Newark, theres a good chance we might not make it home that night. :lol:

We'll be getting shanked at the concession stands and getting mowed down by drive bys on the way home

(Just a joke for the touchy feely)

Edited by FightCommies77, 05 July 2007 - 07:13 PM.

#135 Sickman

Sickman

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 07:13 PM

Don't forget Mike Dunham. For some reason I think there is one more
New Jersey Devils - Three Time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003

" 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1!! And the oldest trophy competed for in North America, LORD STANLEY'S CUP, has made it's way through the Lincoln Tunnel! To the Meadowlands! To the Garden State! THE NEW JERSEY DEVILS ARE THE 1995 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!" Mike Miller, June 24th, 1995

" I have for some time been thinking that it would be a good thing if there were a challenge cup which should be held from year to year by the champion hockey team in the dominion" Frederick Arthur, Lord Stanley of Preston

#136 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,161 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 07:24 PM

If we boo him in Newark, theres a good chance we might not make it home that night. :lol:

We'll be getting shanked at the concession stands and getting mowed down by drive bys on the way home

(Just a joke for the touchy feely)

oh i get it. Only black people work at concession stands, do drive bys and shank people. :rolleyes:

Edited by Satans Hockey, 05 July 2007 - 07:24 PM.

#137 IceThief

IceThief

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 08:06 PM

If Marty is about the team, instead of pseudo individual records or awards, he will suck it up.

He has too look at the long term benefit, in that he will add a few years to his career.

Yup.

It definitely appears that we're going to find out how much of a team guy, Marty is now.

If Lou is going to force him into more games off, in order to let Weeks carry some of the burden, he's going to have to put individual records aside and adapt.

B )
In honor of one of the greatest dmen to ever play the game, I remain to this day and forever after a lifetime member of the Scott Stevens Fan Club:

"If you ever had to describe what a Devil player would be," said Devils general manager Lou Lamoriello, "the name would be Scott Stevens."

"He was just huge," Devils left wing Patrik Elias said of walking into training camp the first time in 1995. "I was afraid of him. You had a 170-pound guy coming here and he was 220, 225 with these paws like a bear. I was pretty intimidated the first few years. I'm happy he was on my side the whole time."

#138 Matteau#32

Matteau#32

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 08:32 PM

Don't forget Mike Dunham. For some reason I think there is one more

I think there is, maybe Peluso? Pat Flatley?

At NYR im pretty they were chanting "Weeekess" not "boooo" .. and i doubt anyone will bother boo'ing him besides Rag fans this year..

we wont boo him, we don't whine and cry when the players move on. We can understand it is a business first and foremost and the players have just as much right as anyone else to make as much money as they can. Even if that means going to another team.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#139 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,583 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 08:34 PM

I think there is, maybe Peluso? Pat Flatley?
we wont boo him, we don't whine and cry when the players move on. We can understand it is a business first and foremost and the players have just as much right as anyone else to make as much money as they can. Even if that means going to another team.

Ah, self-righteous are we?

Please, you guys would boo a player in a second. Hell, you've booed your own players before. Every team's fans do it from time to time. No one's an exception -- we do it, you do it, hell, Columbus does it.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#140 Matteau#32

Matteau#32

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 08:40 PM

Boo players, yes. However if Leetch or Messier had signed with the Devils, we would not have boo'd him solely for that reason. Hell, they'd get standing ovations everytime they played at MSG.
Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users