44 replies to this topic

#1 empulse27

empulse27

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 12:25 AM

HFBoards rumors the Devils have interest in Lindros. Yeah right, like that's gonna happen. There is no reliable source listed in that thread. Like the Devils would take the guy who was put on his @$$ by our greatest captain multiple times in his career. Begin the "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em" jokes now.

Edited by empulse27, 12 July 2007 - 12:26 AM.

Posted Image
of Randy McKay
of the old video intro song "Standing in Motion" by Yanni

#2 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 01:06 AM

I think the sentiment would be opposite. I dont think the organization would hesitate with Lindros at the right price, but no chance in hell would he ever come to NJ because of the past.

#3 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 05:59 AM

HFBoards rumors the Devils have interest in Lindros. Yeah right, like that's gonna happen. There is no reliable source listed in that thread. Like the Devils would take the guy who was put on his @$$ by our greatest captain multiple times in his career. Begin the "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em" jokes now.

Hey..Eric was traumatized by the hit of Stevens..When he hears the name of 'Scott Stevens' He starts to scream like a little girl: HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII, THE HITTT, THE HITTT!!

So going to the Devils would not help yah :D

(Btw: That was a joke, its not true :evil: )
Posted Image

#4 harpua19

harpua19

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 07:15 AM

I cant see him coming over here...but stranger things have happened
"We're coming to your town
We'll help you party down!"

#5 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,657 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 07:17 AM

I actually wouldn't mind a 88, or even a Yashin here, but only for 1.5M. Those guys aren't worth more than that. I'm not exactly sure where a guy like Big E would fit in though. I haven't even seen him play all that often in the last year to see what kind of game he plays.

EDIT: I just checked his stats. I'll give Big E 800K - 1M :-D

Edited by HellOnICE, 12 July 2007 - 07:19 AM.

#6 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,468 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 08:19 AM

Lindros isn't the same player he used to be, he's worse, but from what I can tell as a person he has matured a lot. I wouldn't be unhappy with Lindros if he was willing to accept being a role player on the team.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#7 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,456 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 08:21 AM

I cant see him coming over here...but stranger things have happened

Bingo, the right price and right terms ANY player will go ANYWHERE... one day y'all might just figure that out :P
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#8 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 08:21 AM

I'd love to have lindros on the roster
Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#9 brodeurfanatic

brodeurfanatic

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 08:26 AM

Lets sign him at 50million for 7 years.
Posted Image
Thanks for the sig UnderdogX

---

"He loves the game, he has God-given talent and we're just glad he's in our pipes," - Lou Lamoriello vs Flyers on 4/1/06

---

Official NJDevs.com Keeper Of Brodeur's Coach Jacques Caron
Official NJDevs.com Keeper Of Special Assignment Coach Pat Burns

Starting a Game Thread Record ~ 4-1-0-1

#10 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,824 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 08:31 AM

I doubt you will see Lindros in the NHL this year.
Certainly not next year. He's done.

#11 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,806 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 08:53 AM

No link.
No real source.
Not a Rumor.
Topic Title Changed.
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#12 Anhkheg

Anhkheg

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 09:07 AM

Personally, from what I have seen and heard, E. Lindros is a good team player and has a very nice personality. The problem is not him or his character, but his father who is also his agent. Would I want to see Eric on this team? If he was healthy, yes. For his own sake, I wouldnt want to see him playing hockey, its too risky considering the concussions he's suffered in the past.

Edited by Anhkheg, 12 July 2007 - 09:10 AM.

#13 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,456 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 09:12 AM

Personally, from what I have seen and heard, E. Lindros is a good team player and has a very nice personality. The problem is not him or his character, but his father who is also his agent. Would I want to see Eric on this team? If he was healthy, yes. For his own sake, I wouldnt want to see him playing hockey, its too risky considering the concussions he's suffered in the past.

Last year 5g, 21a, -1, 49 games
Not too terrible... remember the Stars were more offensively pathetic then we were...don't expect him to be a top 6 forward

wonder how he'd do on the cheap with madden and pando......

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#14 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,806 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 09:14 AM

Last year 5g, 21a, -1, 49 games
Not too terrible... remember the Stars were more offensively pathetic then we were...don't expect him to be a top 6 forward

wonder how he'd do on the cheap with madden and pando......

On the checking line? That would mean he'd have to hit and play defense. This is a Lindros thread isn't it?

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#15 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,261 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 09:19 AM

I wouldn't mind Lindros for the right price (its seems his value has plummeted since the days when Mommy and Daddy were bossing around Clarke).

We should just have a "Who would you like us to look at next" thread since this all these phoney "rumors" are just being randomly posted without any validity or thought for that matter.

Edited by MantaRay, 12 July 2007 - 09:20 AM.

I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#16 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,439 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 09:26 AM

Lindros can't be expected to score. 5 goals out of him is pathetic.

I wouldn't sign him and I'm not sure who will. It seems like he's a man without a role these days.

Shame - Lindros's first 7 years in the league are some of the best in NHL history when you consider what a force he was physically. Now I doubt he makes the HOF. Of course he spent his career with three teams I hate, sooo...

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#17 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,456 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 09:27 AM

On the checking line? That would mean he'd have to hit and play defense. This is a Lindros thread isn't it?

Our other options are not much better with Brylin and Clarkson (love the kid but he is a COMPLETE unknown and I'd rather see him on the 4th line playing Randy McKay light personally)... least Lindros offers some size, decent speed... and seemingly a good ethic and willing to re-prove himself in this league again

#18 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,806 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 09:29 AM

Our other options are not much better with Brylin and Clarkson (love the kid but he is a COMPLETE unknown and I'd rather see him on the 4th line playing Randy McKay light personally)... least Lindros offers some size, decent speed... and seemingly a good ethic and willing to re-prove himself in this league again

Clarkson, Langenbrunner, and Rass are all better checking line choices over Eric (soft shell) Lindros.

Brylin should never have been there and I have said that ad naseum.

#19 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,657 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 09:35 AM

No link.
No real source.
Not a Rumor.
Topic Title Changed.

Yea I like Lindors too! :evil: