Photo

WOULD YOU DROP $100.00 A GAME FOR THE DEVS THIS YEAR?

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#41 brodeurrocks

brodeurrocks

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,230 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 11:24 AM

Hey! Nice to see a Canadian! Where do you live? In Ontario?

Later i might try to go to Newark, but at this moment i'm only 15(turning 16 in 3days :boogie: ) I try to covince my father to go a trip to see the Devils in New Jersey but he doesn't want(He's a big Habs fan)It cost less by transport to go see the Habs vs Devils here in the Center Bell, :(

No, I'm from Winnipeg (just added my location to my profile). I travel to Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary or Minnesota to see the Devils. The shortest trip is 9 hours (Minneapolis) but due to the NHL schedule these trips are so few. My plan is to try to get to the new rink this season. Check NHL Roadtrips as they have some good prices.

Posted Image

Official Keeper of David Clarkson's Open Ice Hits!

Official Keeper of the stains on Chico's shirt and tie from "Chico Eats" episodes!

#42 puckrock

puckrock

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 11:34 AM

:clap:

I don't know where LL gets this '$100 a game' crap, not every fan that goes to games can afford to sit in the lower section or even would want to for that matter. Personally I wouldn't pay $100 a game every game for REGULAR SEASON hockey if the Devils were the '76 Canadiens.

Honestly, I don't think the lower sections were priced to target the everyday-fan demographic. I see this arena as highly aimed at corporate patrons and whatnot. There are fairly priced seats in the house for the die-hards as well, don't get me wrong.

Last season I was in section 238, the $20 seats. For this season in The Rock, I have 2 seats in section 228. $32/seat per game. It was a steal considering a similar seat in CAA would run you $70!! I would've been foolish not to upgrade.

Edited by puckrock, 14 July 2007 - 11:35 AM.

This is my 2012 Playoff signature.

#43 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,425 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 11:48 AM

:clap:

I don't know where LL gets this '$100 a game' crap, not every fan that goes to games can afford to sit in the lower section or even would want to for that matter. Personally I wouldn't pay $100 a game every game for REGULAR SEASON hockey if the Devils were the '76 Canadiens.

LL has never been one to be accurate or truthful about anything to do with facts or figures.

To HAS's point: the lower tiers seats for the most part are tax write-offs for corporate sponsors, more so than actual fans.

I would not pay $100 for any sporting event. I am getting a season ticket package though. I think this team is going to be very, very good.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#44 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,115 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 12:21 PM

LL has never been one to be accurate or truthful about anything to do with facts or figures.

To HAS's point: the lower tiers seats for the most part are tax write-offs for corporate sponsors, more so than actual fans.

I would not pay $100 for any sporting event. I am getting a season ticket package though. I think this team is going to be very, very good.

I think there is a good number of actual fans who are sitting in the lower bowl. I'm one of them, and I know from that I just got my seats at the Rock thread in Heaven that there is a decent number of people on these boards who have seats in the lower bowl as well but I do agree that there is probably tons of corporate seats as well.

Edited by Satans Hockey, 14 July 2007 - 12:24 PM.

#45 Dadds

Dadds

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 01:15 PM

i would pay 100 for a devs rangers game on the LL other wise no

Edited by Dadds, 14 July 2007 - 01:16 PM.

"I think I'm going to become a Devils fan so they start never winning again." A sad flyers fan

"**** this. NJ might as well be allowed to build a brick wall in front of the net and let Marty sit on the bench. Would be no difference" A sad penguins fan

#46 LetsGoDevils

LetsGoDevils

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,177 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 01:33 PM

You bought a 4k$$ ticket on Ebay to go to the Superbowl?? :evil: Kidding

Must have been a great time though, but seriously did you go to the Superbowl or?

Watched it on the widescreen TV. Not that rich to blow thousands to just say I was there. Plus stayed alot dryer. :lol:
So Say We All

#47 Matteau#32

Matteau#32

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 01:36 PM

it kicks ass! plus you get full coverage of the saturday HNIC CBC broadcasts, many of the feeds are TSN, sportsnet, some french rds...they also broadcast some international stuff like world jr's and college frozen 4 etc.

i imagine you peeps north of the border would be able to get it...so worth it!

Watching Don Cherry on HNIC is worth the $129 by itself.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#48 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,425 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 06:32 PM

Watching Don Cherry on HNIC is worth the $129 by itself.

Great point.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users