65 replies to this topic

#41 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 04:12 PM

Like I said, youre from Canada, so I dont expect you to understand. I grew up in north jersey, and in my family, its a mortal sin not to root for the Yankees and hate the Red Sox. So you just dont get it, thats all. And im 24. Plus, what made you like the Devils if youre from Quebec, Marty? I mean thats fine I dont care where youre from.

But if your going to sh!te on NJ as a whole and the people that come from here, like that little kid did, then I dont think you should be allowed to root for our team. Its that simple. And if I was from Montreal, Id probably be just as pissed at someone telling me theyre a habs fan and then saying that montreal is full of idiots. Its not acceptable, but the kid is like 13 so whatever, I didnt realize that at first, or I wouldnt have gotten into it with him.

Orly?I'm from Montreal, and the Fans of the Habs are 60% real one's and 40% idiots one..And I'm a bit of a Hab fan.

And where did he sh!te on NJ??Because he roots for the Red Sox?? What's the deal?.

I don't get it??? Orly? Montreal vs Toronto, never heard of that?
Posted Image

#42 Cal914

Cal914

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 09:05 PM

Hum... I'm a Devil fan who lives in Quebec..Am I a jerk because I don't root for the Montreal Canadiens? No.

Calm down with the "Yankees" Geez, How old are you?
10years old???? Because you act like an arrogant homer.

TZ... i love you

Like I said, youre from Canada, so I dont expect you to understand. I grew up in north jersey, and in my family, its a mortal sin not to root for the Yankees and hate the Red Sox. So you just dont get it, thats all. And im 24. Plus, what made you like the Devils if youre from Quebec, Marty? I mean thats fine I dont care where youre from.

But if your going to sh!te on NJ as a whole and the people that come from here, like that little kid did, then I dont think you should be allowed to root for our team. Its that simple. And if I was from Montreal, Id probably be just as pissed at someone telling me theyre a habs fan and then saying that montreal is full of idiots. Its not acceptable, but the kid is like 13 so whatever, I didnt realize that at first, or I wouldnt have gotten into it with him.

if you like the yanks your basically a Rangers fan... so your in the wrong forum so... blahh
-Cal
Official NJDevs.com keeper of "Zajac's first playoff goal
Official NJDevs.com keeper of The Colorado Rockies

#43 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,277 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 02:29 AM

if you like the yanks your basically a Rangers fan... so your in the wrong forum so... blahh

I see where you are trying to make a point, but it doesn't work like that. With no MLB in NJ most of the people seem to choose either one of the NY teams or the Philly team because those become the local teams. I am a Yankee fan but certainly not a Ranger fan, or a fan of any other NY team.

And where did he sh!te on NJ??Because he roots for the Red Sox?? What's the deal?.

I probably shouldn't add any more fuel to this fire, but he did say this:

Bruins suck... they only thing that comes outta NJ is CRASHER... Jim Dowd... and retards...

So I guess that means that over 90% of the posters on this forum (no not you CRASHER :P ) and myself included are retards. Which begs the question, why cheer for a team if you think the fanbase and state sucks? Hopefully it was just a post out of anger and not seriousness. Sometimes things are said in the heat of the moment that a person would not normally say.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#44 Cal914

Cal914

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 08:29 AM

I guess that means that over 90% of the posters on this forum (no not you CRASHER :P ) and myself included are retards. Which begs the question, why cheer for a team if you think the fanbase and state sucks? Hopefully it was just a post out of anger and not seriousness. Sometimes things are said in the heat of the moment that a person would not normally say.

yeah... iknow this is NEW JERSEY DEVILS forum but out in NY i can say stuff about other states and i just forgot how many of you guys are here... for that i apologize to most of you NJ people your all my homies i hope to see you at the home opener which i am hoping to get tickets too when they go on sale!!!
-Cal

#45 TrentonDevils

TrentonDevils

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 08:38 AM

yeah... iknow this is NEW JERSEY DEVILS forum but out in NY i can say stuff about other states and i just forgot how many of you guys are here... for that i apologize to most of you NJ people your all my homies i hope to see you at the home opener which i am hoping to get tickets too when they go on sale!!!

Youre nothing to me. Youre not my homie. Youre not a Devils fan. Youre nothing to me. I dont want to see you around the Prudential Center. I dont want to know you or what you do. When youre on the forum, I want to be notified a day in advance, so i wont be here. You understand?
"If you don't think drugs have done good things for us, then take all of your records, tapes and CD's and burn them" - Bill Hicks
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out."
-Bill Hicks

"Facts are stupid things" - President Ronald Reagan

Posted Image

#46 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,617 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 09:09 AM

Don't use the "I'm from NY" defense. It makes the rest of us New Yorkers look like a$$holes. Remember where you are and act accordingly.

Youre nothing to me. Youre not my homie. Youre not a Devils fan. Youre nothing to me. I dont want to see you around the Prudential Center. I dont want to know you or what you do. When youre on the forum, I want to be notified a day in advance, so i wont be here. You understand?

Memo to Cal: Please be on this forum every single day.

Edited by RowdyFan42, 10 August 2007 - 09:12 AM.

Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#47 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,902 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 09:09 AM

Note to Cal. Do not go on a fishing trip arranged by TrentonDevils.

#48 Cal914

Cal914

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 09:49 AM

i didnt say you... i said MOST OF THE PPL OF NJ... most does not in clude you... and real fans call it the "Rock"

Don't use the "I'm from NY" defense. It makes the rest of us New Yorkers look like a$$holes. Remember where you are and act accordingly.
Memo to Cal: Please be on this forum every single day.

i am on every day... haha oh and rowdy... where im from i can say that cause... its anything goes... i got a friend who likes the stars and another whos a tampa fan... its anything goes hockey wise in baseball its either yanks or sox and sox have it up here in central NY

Note to Cal. Do not go on a fishing trip arranged by TrentonDevils.

dont worry Jerry i wont lol...
-Cal

#49 TrentonDevils

TrentonDevils

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 10:14 AM

i didnt say you... i said MOST OF THE PPL OF NJ... most does not in clude you... and real fans call it the "Rock"
i am on every day... haha oh and rowdy... where im from i can say that cause... its anything goes... i got a friend who likes the stars and another whos a tampa fan... its anything goes hockey wise in baseball its either yanks or sox and sox have it up here in central NY
dont worry Jerry i wont lol...

Posted Image
"If you don't think drugs have done good things for us, then take all of your records, tapes and CD's and burn them" - Bill Hicks
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out."
-Bill Hicks

Posted Image

#50 Cal914

Cal914

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 10:22 AM

Posted Image

im gonna say one thing then im done w/ you... GROW UP... im 17 and im way more mature thatn you... your about 30... wow... i bet everyone is laughing at you... they expect it from a teen... haha wow... would anyone like to join me in a chuckle... :rofl:
-Cal

#51 TrentonDevils

TrentonDevils

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 10:40 AM

im gonna say one thing then im done w/ you... GROW UP... im 17 and im way more mature thatn you... your about 30... wow... i bet everyone is laughing at you... they expect it from a teen... haha wow... would anyone like to join me in a chuckle... :rofl:

It was a joke and a quote from a movie. Godfather 2. its a good one.
Listen, youve done nothing but call me an idiot, and all sorts of other sh!t, non stop, even when I dont insult you. I dont know what youre refering to in the maturity department. However, I have, since learning of your young age, gone easy on you, and not tried to attack you personally. But so far you have told me,
1)the Yankees always choke in August.
2)You need speed guys on the checking line
3) That NJ sucks and is full of retards
4)That I am a sh!t whore, and all sorts of other ridiculous names.

So really I have had no reason to respect you at all....so deal with it
-Bill Hicks

Posted Image

#52 Cal914

Cal914

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 10:45 AM

It was a joke and a quote from a movie. Godfather 2. its a good one.
Listen, youve done nothing but call me an idiot, and all sorts of other sh!t, non stop, even when I dont insult you. I dont know what youre refering to in the maturity department. However, I have, since learning of your young age, gone easy on you, and not tried to attack you personally. But so far you have told me,
1)the Yankees always choke in August.
2)You need speed guys on the checking line
3) That NJ sucks and is full of retards
4)That I am a sh!t whore, and all sorts of other ridiculous names.
So really I have had no reason to respect you at all....so deal with it

i wasnt refering to the pic as being imature... i was reffering to you pickin fights w/ people... like ME and TravisZajac and RD... i only said the yanks choke in August.. you insulted me first... i later apologized to my homies of NJ for the Retard coment... and you insulted me after apologizing... were you on another forum doing the same thing and got kicked off... so grow up... i dont pick fights... i just coment and defend myself if it is nessacary... :P
-Cal

#53 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,617 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 10:51 AM

You're BOTH lucky the administrators have the patience of saints, otherwise you'd be out of here by now.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#54 TrentonDevils

TrentonDevils

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 10:51 AM

i wasnt refering to the pic as being imature... i was reffering to you pickin fights w/ people... like ME and TravisZajac and RD... i only said the yanks choke in August.. you insulted me first... i later apologized to my homies of NJ for the Retard coment... and you insulted me after apologizing... were you on another forum doing the same thing and got kicked off... so grow up... i dont pick fights... i just coment and defend myself if it is nessacary... :P

what?

You said the Yanks choke in August, ppl from nj are retards, and that you need speed on the checking line, no?
I mean dude, Im at my job when Im on here, Im just keeping myself amused....Im not trying to pick fights with anyone, but when you constantly make ridiculous statements, and then when someone tells you youre wrong, you call them a sh!t whore, its not going to turn out pretty
But I will be the older one (although im not 30 yet, jerky, lets not push it :evilcry: ) and say lets stop the fussin and a feudin, b/c this is not a forum where you can launch obscenity-laden tirades at each other, although I do find that amusing.

Anyway I will be the 'big man' and be the first to say, I apologize for anything I said to insult you personally, and lets move on. We are both, after all, Devils fans.

Edited by TrentonDevils, 10 August 2007 - 10:52 AM.

-Bill Hicks

Posted Image

#55 Cal914

Cal914

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 10:54 AM

what?

You said the Yanks choke in August, ppl from nj are retards, and that you need speed on the checking line, no?
I mean dude, Im at my job when Im on here, Im just keeping myself amused....Im not trying to pick fights with anyone, but when you constantly make ridiculous statements, and then when someone tells you youre wrong, you call them a sh!t whore, its not going to turn out pretty
But I will be the older one (although im not 30 yet, jerky, lets not push it :evilcry: ) and say lets stop the fussin and a feudin, b/c this is not a forum where you can launch obscenity-laden tirades at each other, although I do find that amusing.

Anyway I will be the 'big man' and be the first to say, I apologize for anything I said to insult you personally, and lets move on. We are both, after all, Devils fans.

alright dude... i could go on and on but im gonna be mature and say im sorry too... sorry for the disturbance people... go back to pretending to work play time is over... ok guys... the Admins are no longer needed
-Cal

#56 TrentonDevils

TrentonDevils

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 12:48 PM

alright dude... i could go on and on but im gonna be mature and say im sorry too... sorry for the disturbance people... go back to pretending to work play time is over... ok guys... the Admins are no longer needed

Well, it sure got boring without all that fighting huh?

ummm...lets see......

Edited by TrentonDevils, 10 August 2007 - 12:48 PM.

-Bill Hicks

Posted Image

#57 Kicksave Brodeur!!

Kicksave Brodeur!!

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 01:39 PM

I always like to pull this out of the archives when a good Red Sox/Yankmees argument unsues:
oct. 21,2004
Bill Simmons is a columnist for Page 2 and ESPN The Magazine:

You have to be from here to understand. You just do. It wasn't just that the Yankees always win. It was everything else that came with it -- the petty barbs, the condescending remarks, the general sense of superiority from a fan base that derives a disproportionate amount of self-esteem from the success of their baseball team. I didn't care that they kept winning as much as they were a-holes about it. Not all of them. Most of them. In 96 hours, everything was erased. Everything. It was like pressing the re-start button on a video game. And yeah, I know. We need to win the World Series to complete the dream. But you can win the World Series every year. You only have one chance to destroy the Yanks. As my friend Mike (a Tigers fan) wrote me last night, "Everyone outside of Yankee brats are celebrating quietly with you guys. It's like you killed Michael Myers, Jason, Freddie Kreueger and Hannibal Lecter in one night."It was the choke of chokes, an unprecedented gag job. For once, finally, the Yankees have some baggage. Just like every other baseball team. One last story: I rolled into my dad's house at 1:30, only to find him in the living room, sound asleep, holding the TV remote in his hand like he'd been cryogenically frozen. On the television in front of him, Fox25 was showing live footage from Kenmore Square, as thousands and thousands of Boston fans were celebrating the impossible. After I muttered "Dad!" a few times, he finally jolted awake, glanced at me, then glanced at the TV. I can't believe it," he mumbled. "We beat the Yankees."And it wasn't a dream.
http://sports.espn.g...=simmons/041021

hmmm... "petty barbs, the condescending remarks, the general sense of superiority from a fan base that derives a disproportionate amount of self-esteem from the success of their baseball team."..." Deja vu all over again", sorry yogi. Oh what the hell...LETS GO RED SOX!!!

Edited by Kicksave Brodeur!!, 10 August 2007 - 01:41 PM.

#58 TrentonDevils

TrentonDevils

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 01:52 PM

"We beat the Yankees."And it wasn't a dream.
http://sports.espn.g...=simmons/041021

Its never gonna happen again, so enjoy it :P
-Bill Hicks

Posted Image

#59 Kicksave Brodeur!!

Kicksave Brodeur!!

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 02:14 PM

Its never gonna happen again, so enjoy it :P

Thanks,I did. ;)

#60 TrentonDevils

TrentonDevils

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 02:30 PM

Thanks,I did. ;)

That Grand Slam Damon hit in game 7 was literally like somebody stabbing me in the chest with a dull butter knife covered in hot sauce.

bad.

But on the other hand, the Aaron Boone homer in game 7 was one of the best moments of my life. I thought that game was so done, and they came back.
-Bill Hicks

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users