65 replies to this topic

#61 Cal914

Cal914

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 03:38 PM

um... not startin anything but... Sox do have a better chance than the Yanks as of the current moment i do have to say... whoo

(i never knew so many NJ fans were Yanks fans... i hate all NY teams)
-Cal
Official NJDevs.com keeper of "Zajac's first playoff goal
Official NJDevs.com keeper of The Colorado Rockies

#62 TrentonDevils

TrentonDevils

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 03:55 PM

um... not startin anything but... Sox do have a better chance than the Yanks as of the current moment i do have to say... whoo

(i never knew so many NJ fans were Yanks fans... i hate all NY teams)

Most people from NJ (90% i would say) are either Yankees or Mets fans, I guess real south jersey is all Phillies.
Its because most people from NJ have some link in their families to NYC, either parents/grandparents grew up there, work in the city, whatever. And Baseball gets passed from generation to generation I think more than any sport, especially Yankees and Sawx fans. If I wasnt a Yankees fan, my family would crucify me..Ive been one ever since I could watch baseball

And obviously the sox have a better chance at the moment they are six ahead. DUH. BUt the Yankees have been playin well, and they are one back of the WC.
"If you don't think drugs have done good things for us, then take all of your records, tapes and CD's and burn them" - Bill Hicks
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out."
-Bill Hicks

"Facts are stupid things" - President Ronald Reagan

Posted Image

#63 Cal914

Cal914

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 04:32 PM

Most people from NJ (90% i would say) are either Yankees or Mets fans, I guess real south jersey is all Phillies.
Its because most people from NJ have some link in their families to NYC, either parents/grandparents grew up there, work in the city, whatever. And Baseball gets passed from generation to generation I think more than any sport, especially Yankees and Sawx fans. If I wasnt a Yankees fan, my family would crucify me..Ive been one ever since I could watch baseball

And obviously the sox have a better chance at the moment they are six ahead. DUH. BUt the Yankees have been playin well, and they are one back of the WC.

i see... i like the Mets though... um... lets start a MLB team in NJ... i wish MLB 2k7 had create-a-team but they dont... big jerks at espn
-Cal
Official NJDevs.com keeper of "Zajac's first playoff goal
Official NJDevs.com keeper of The Colorado Rockies

#64 SteveStevens

SteveStevens

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,503 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 08:22 PM

Yankees are almost at the wildcard spot but i think the Tigers are going to wake up and give them a fight. Overall since they traded Proctor i would say they will miss the playoffs.

#65 Nature's Minister

Nature's Minister

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 08:54 PM

Proctor and his amazing WHIP of 1.5 with a significantly diminished K rate? Yeah, okay.

That Joba guy they brought up to replace him is such a scrub, too. He only has two ++ pitches and two more that are at least league average (with one bordering on being a plus pitch). How could that possibly stack up to Proctor's amazingly inaccurate and straight (albeit fast) fastball and mediocre breaking stuff.

If they lose the wildcard, it'll have been their starting pitching. You can't trust Mussina, Pettitte has reverted to the numbers his WHIP and K / 9 have suggested he should have all season long, Hughes is a rookie and Clemens is old. All the pitchers on the staff are capable of shutting down an opposing line up - it's just a matter of consistently doing so.

Also, the Yankees wildly underperformed their pythagoreans earlier in the season. The baseball they're playing now is what the stats suggested they should have been playing all season. So I wouldn't necessarily count on them cooling off, really.
Is that a Japanese configuration?

#66 TrentonDevils

TrentonDevils

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 10:38 AM

Yankees are almost at the wildcard spot but i think the Tigers are going to wake up and give them a fight. Overall since they traded Proctor i would say they will miss the playoffs.

Dude, trading the proctologist was the best thing we couldve done. The Yankees are taking the east, its really just a matter of time now. That lineup is firing on all cylinders, and that should frighten other teams. Because theyve been under acheiving all year
"If you don't think drugs have done good things for us, then take all of your records, tapes and CD's and burn them" - Bill Hicks
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out."
-Bill Hicks

"Facts are stupid things" - President Ronald Reagan

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users