23 replies to this topic

#21 SteveStevens

SteveStevens

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,503 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 01:30 PM

Against a whole field of teams vs 1 who i dont even think is my favorite to win, it dosent make sense. There isnt a defensive bone in the rags body right now. And Henrik hasnt been injury free, he seems to miss a handful each year. They want him to step it up and honestly, im not sure if he could completly do it.

Edited by SteveStevens, 05 August 2007 - 01:34 PM.

#22 SteveStevens

SteveStevens

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,503 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 01:35 PM

Wouldnt that also be like betting on the Devils because they have Brodeur? Marty is definatly a more accomplished and better all around goalie to Lundqvist.

#23 emptynet

emptynet

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 876 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 08:38 AM

I'm not involved in the bet (but I wish I was!!!!!)

$500 could upgrade some of my equipment nicely.
"He tried to run him into next week and only got a day and a half..." Doc Emeric

I think I need to go home and lie down... nothing makes sense any more. - MDDEVSFAN

Official Keeper of the Devils locker room

#24 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,860 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 05:20 PM

Wouldnt that also be like betting on the Devils because they have Brodeur? Marty is definatly a more accomplished and better all around goalie to Lundqvist.

More accomplished and experienced, yes. Better? I am not so sure. Given his recent postseason performances, what makes you believe he's going to get any better? He'll be 36 next Spring too.

Lundqvist was outstanding during the Rangers' two rounds and is 10-11 years younger. He's also very hungry to win. He's got that edge that you like to see. I'll take my chances with Henke.

Tri, it's a dumb bet because there is no such thing anymore as a lock in this league. This isn't the Oilers or the Pens. The field is more level. Anything can happen.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users