50 replies to this topic

#1 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,021 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 11:06 PM

I didn't see anyone post about him tying Hank's record. I think he is a disgrace. In the age of steroids and juiced baseballs how can anyone defend this guy? ESPN was defending him on Baseball Tonight and I wanted to :puke: It was nice to hear some of the guys on WFAN radio say he is garbage. I don't think he should make the Hall of Fame either. Cheaters shouldn't be allowed to.

Thoughts?

Edited by Satans Hockey, 08 August 2007 - 09:33 AM.

#2 South Jersey Devs Fan

South Jersey Devs Fan

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 11:32 PM

I didn't see anyone post about him tying Hank's record. I think he is a disgrace. In the age of steroids and juiced baseballs how can anyone defend this guy? ESPN was defending him on Baseball Tonight and I wanted to :puke: It was nice to hear some of the guys on WFAN radio say he is garbage. I don't think he should make the Hall of Fame either. Cheaters shouldn't be allowed to.

Thoughts?

I agree with you completely. He is a joke and shouldn't be in the same conversation as Hank. Only consolation is that (as long as he stays healthy) A-Rod is going to obliterate any record that Bonds puts up. Here is a cool article about the pace A-Rod is on--pretty amazing

http://mlb.mlb.com/n...v...s&fext=.jsp
Posted Image
"Martin Brodeur is the gold standard of goaltending -- the model of character, consistency and commitment to the craft. A champion. A winner above all.

"It is difficult to imagine any player who is more universally, and deservedly, respected. The National Hockey League is extremely proud of Martin, his historic achievement and his enduring contribution to our game."

#3 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,790 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 11:33 PM

I don't understand why he is even still allowed to play.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#4 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 11:33 PM

A little tribute to Barry Bonds..

:P
Posted Image

#5 Deke

Deke

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 11:39 PM

This is a dark day for baseball.
Go Carp, go!
Salmonbellies rule!
Hit 'em harder cops!
But a hockey team called the Mighty Ducks?
Aw, man.

#6 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,233 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 11:59 PM

I have a very, very strong dislike for Bonds.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#7 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,849 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 05:25 AM

I love it. I think it's wonderful.

MLB leveraged it's credibility when it drew fans back from the strike by ignoring the abuse of steroids leading to the Mark McGuires and Barry Bonds of the world. And fans bought it up; the fans don't seem to give 2 sh!ts whether someone is on 'roids or not, so long as the ball leaves the park.

You reap what you sow. You think MLB didn't know that they were going to piss on the greats from the past? Integrity doesn't make money, so you sell it off. Money, money, money, money, money, money and money. That's what it's all about.
"Lock'n'Load!" - Denny Crane
"Denny Crane!" - Denny Crane
"Trix are for kids!" - Denny Crane
"I hate cling-ons!" - Denny Crane

#8 LetsGoDevils

LetsGoDevils

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,177 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 05:35 AM

Just another reason to hate baseball.
So Say We All

#9 Devilish34

Devilish34

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 05:44 AM

A disgrace to professional sports.

Posted Image
Bonds before roids and Bonds after roids

86 the Kool Ade -- we need some fvcking icewater for these pussies

Posted ImageRIP Bill 1931-2007
RIP Major/Dr. John Paul Pryor killed in Iraq on 12/25/08. You will be greatly missed and can never be replaced.
What Happened To Dr Pryor?

You might be a Redneck if you brag about running a 11.57@118.14Posted Image

#10 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,271 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 06:07 AM

MLB leveraged it's credibility when it drew fans back from the strike by ignoring the abuse of steroids leading to the Mark McGuires and Barry Bonds of the world. And fans bought it up; the fans don't seem to give 2 sh!ts whether someone is on 'roids or not, so long as the ball leaves the park.

You reap what you sow. You think MLB didn't know that they were going to piss on the greats from the past? Integrity doesn't make money, so you sell it off. Money, money, money, money, money, money and money. That's what it's all about.

:clap:

I will add I think it's the height of irony that Bonds hit #755 off a guy that has been suspended once for performance enhancements :P Pitchers were doing it too, although no big names have really been fingered (yet).

There are other reasons not to like Bonds though, I was hoping he would do it in LA where he would have been booed but oh well.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#11 JesterDevil

JesterDevil

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,115 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 07:01 AM

I don't know if I missed it or not but, has it actually been 100% proven that he's taken roids?

#12 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,849 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 07:27 AM

I don't know if I missed it or not but, has it actually been 100% proven that he's taken roids?

Depends on what you consider proof. He has never failed a drug test. However, in 1999 (when Bonds started beefing up) MLB's testing was (and still is) a farce. If there was any kind of real testing for 'roids in MLB, the Tour de France would look pristine in comparison.

But there seems to be a lot of evidence from the people who gave him the drugs. I think that if this was a court case, he would be convicted.

#13 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,039 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 10:20 AM

But wait...Canseco has dirt on A-Rod in his next book!

What I love is how everyone in baseball hates Barry yet in LA when he was walked intentionally, the fans would boo their own manager and in San Diego, when he hit the damn thing, they all cheered and applauded.

A poll on ESPN asked what everyone’s reaction was to Bonds hit 755 and only 21% booed.

Nobody really cares. People just want to see a record broken.

Edited by devilsrule33, 06 August 2007 - 10:34 AM.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#14 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,849 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 10:24 AM

Nobody really cares. People just want to see a record broken.

But that's more a reflection on humanity rather than morality.

#15 devilsadvoc8

devilsadvoc8

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 10:25 AM

I think that in leaked testimony, bonds has admitted to using a creme that others have said contained steroids. But he says he didn't know what was in it.

As for Bonds himself, I hope that he somehow screws up so that all of his records can be expunged from the game. He is a contemptible human being, not on the level of Mike Vick, but contemptible all the same.
Official Keeper of the 3 story statue of a hockey player by the artist J. Krawczyk.
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence- Christopher Hitchens

ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

#16 Cal914

Cal914

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 01:38 PM

he is cheating... i know someone who played w/ him and they saw him taking the roids... so... i hope he takes forever beating it and someone just beats it before him and sky rockets the record wayy up there... this has to be his last year... isnt he like 42 or something...
-Cal
Official NJDevs.com keeper of "Zajac's first playoff goal
Official NJDevs.com keeper of The Colorado Rockies

#17 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 04:57 PM

A-fvcking men. I don't hate Bonds. I respect the kind of calibre player he is. Best of our generation. Love him or hate him, that's the truth. It's unfortunate that such a great record can't be celebrated.

It's still a great accomplishment. A-Rod will probably supplant him. So that's something to watch.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#18 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,970 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 10:05 AM

Maybe if Mr. Griffey Jr used the cream and the clear unknowingly..you know, like all people do, who just 'happen' to take stuff like the cream and the clear without having any knowledge he was taking it :rolleyes:....maybe Griffey could have been roided up, stayed MUCH healthier, recovered quicker, and we would be having a altogether different discussion...but I digress....

I'm not going to watch the record...I could care less personally.if it makes Bonds happy good for him....HR records have been tainted by small ballparks, watered down pitching, and wound up baseballs too...500 now IMO equals 350 all time....600 equals 450...too many guys at once have hit the 500+ HR club...

Bond$ is racist too, but I guess that is ok too....not implying that older players were not racist..but still...

Edited by LOTCB, 07 August 2007 - 10:16 AM.

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#19 harpua19

harpua19

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 10:53 PM

just broke the record *
"We're coming to your town
We'll help you party down!"

#20 NYGDevils32

NYGDevils32

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 11:07 PM

just broke the record *

I like how you added the * :lol:

Barry Bonds: 756* Homeruns - most all time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users