1050 replies to this topic

#421 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,777 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 12:42 AM

My boss got me an Arrogant Bastard, Three Philosophers, and Corsendonk for Christmas. Big step up from the $5 gift card to Dunkin' Donuts I got from him last year haha.

Also I don't remember if this beer has been mentioned yet in this thread, but Celebration by Sierra Nevada is definitely a hugely underrated IPA. If anyone here who likes IPAs hasn't had it yet and finds it still on shelves, definitely pick it up. It comes out every year around late November/early December.

And has anyone had Old Man by Southern Tier? I got this for Christmas as well. BeerAdvocate has it listed as an old ale, but it tastes very different from the only other old ale I've had, which is North Coast Old Stock Ale. I find it to be very good, and I must have overlooked it in stores a hundred times for whatever reason. North Coast Old Stock Ale is much better, but it's also pretty expensive.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#422 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,407 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:33 AM

We had Scaldis Noel last night. A little syrupy for me... may have been my mood. I drank it, it was OK but I wasn't thrilled.

I'm here for the party

#423 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,776 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 01:37 PM

Interesting news today:

Yuengling Is Now America's Largest Brewer

#424 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:37 PM

Interesting news today:

Yuengling Is Now America's Largest Brewer

Jeez, never thought I would see the day. I enjoy a good Yuengling black and tan when budget is tight.

#425 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,497 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:27 AM

Driving up to Hyde Park with the fiancee today, hoping to try a sampler from Hyde Park Brewing Company. Will post when I get back.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#426 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:53 AM

Had the Rouge Hazelnut Brown Nectar the other day.....freaking awesome.

Posted Image

I actually drank it while eating fish and chips which worked out pretty well. Then again, anything deep fried with any beer is usually a safe bet.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#427 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,497 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 06:55 PM

Had the Rouge Hazelnut Brown Nectar the other day.....freaking awesome.

Posted Image

I actually drank it while eating fish and chips which worked out pretty well. Then again, anything deep fried with any beer is usually a safe bet.

I love Rogue!

Went to Hyde Park Brewing Co yesterday. They had some decent stuff. The porter was okay, but nothing to write home about. I liked the red lager a lot. Their special right now is a decent dunkel. In general, they tend to make more lighter stuff; they had a good variety of lagers. Overall, solid, fundamentally sound brew pub, worth going to if you end up that far (poor word choice, because it's not actually really far away) upstate.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#428 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,776 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 01:01 PM

A nice article for a good laugh:

Beer Taste Test

The best line is the last:

"None of these beers has enough complexity and balance to be excellent, but Coors comes fairly close."

I didn't know that piss-water can be described as tasting excellent.

#429 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:16 AM

A nice article for a good laugh:

Beer Taste Test

The best line is the last:

"None of these beers has enough complexity and balance to be excellent, but Coors comes fairly close."

I didn't know that piss-water can be described as tasting excellent.

Well its true.....it does taste excellent....when comparied to stomach bile or actual urine.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#430 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 11:40 AM

This month I have been seeking out session beers. Good tasting beer with low ABV%, picked up Bitter American (in cans!) it is pretty decent. A little more hoppy than I like but it was a refreshing change.

#431 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,407 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:33 PM

This month I have been seeking out session beers. Good tasting beer with low ABV%, picked up Bitter American (in cans!) it is pretty decent. A little more hoppy than I like but it was a refreshing change.

You mean Session brand name? I am into Session Fest. Session Black was kind of average. I like their 10oz bottles. I also noticed they're made by Full Sail. See what looking for calorie info teaches you!

I'm here for the party

#432 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:35 PM

session beer

A beer that is low in alcohol and has a balanced flavor of both hops and malt. The purpose being so that it can be drank over a long session of time with out overwhelming the palate or getting the drinker too intoxicated.

Like, duh!, just kidding. I just heard the term myself and it made sense.

#433 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,407 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:39 PM

Well that's why I ASKED. I noticed you didn't capitalize the S. But I also wanted to write about what I was drinking of course. Never heard of Bitter American... oughta send a case to the Politics forum :uni:

Ahh 21st Amendment brewery! I just looked it up -- I think I'd heard of/wanted to try Monk's Blood...

Edited by Pepperkorn, 02 February 2012 - 12:41 PM.

I'm here for the party

#434 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,776 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 02:30 PM

I have been looking for 21st Amendment's Hell or High Watermelon for ages, but haven't found it yet. I know it is seasonal but even in season I have been having a hard time finding it.

Also looks like Flounder Brewing in Hillsborough, NJ is coming along based on his Facebook site. He should start brewing sometime this year and will make his beer available in local bars and liquor stores.

#435 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,407 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 07:33 PM

Kilt lifter!! This is so good Scotch Ale brewed in CA

I'm here for the party

#436 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 12:10 PM

whats up, there is an ok documentary on dogfish and the former partner in sam adams, ill have to look it up, i dont like either.

does anyone know the maker of george killians is it a coors product?

i drink
Posted Image
Posted Image

#437 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,777 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 12:17 PM

whats up, there is an ok documentary on dogfish and the former partner in sam adams, ill have to look it up, i dont like either.

does anyone know the maker of george killians is it a coors product?

i drink
Posted Image

Yes Killian's is brewed by Coors, and FYI Schmidt is brewed by Miller.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#438 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 12:27 PM

Yes Killian's is brewed by Coors, and FYI Schmidt is brewed by Miller.

idk, ty
Posted Image
http://www.hulu.com/...35712/beer-wars
also this started out good

american beer is like making love in a canoe...

...its fvcking close to water

Edited by lazer, 06 February 2012 - 04:17 PM.

Posted Image

#439 hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:29 PM

Miller Lite is not even all that cheap. Here it's like $20 something for a 30. PBR is like $14 for a 30. I like drinking good beers like Sam Adams, but if I'm down to party Miller Lite is the way to go.

Edited by hurricane1091, 07 February 2012 - 03:31 PM.

#440 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,407 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 06:04 PM

Miller Lite is not even all that cheap. Here it's like $20 something for a 30. PBR is like $14 for a 30. I like drinking good beers like Sam Adams, but if I'm down to party Miller Lite is the way to go.

Cousin Robbie... ??? Is that you?!?!?!

One of my husband's cousins nearly got sneered out of a brew pub when he asked if they had Mi... ahhh yes... It was Michelob, not Miller light.

I'm here for the party

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users