1055 replies to this topic

#1041 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,422 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 04:08 PM

yes!  Dietrich's Meats!  Well I will definitely try more Saucony's then.  Try the Carton Panzenella - well.. I thought it was good.  It didn't growler well but a pint is swell! 

I could use a nice lager right now...  horse show today - then I was painting for the 4H fair.  I really wish there could be a beer tent at the 4H fair.  Why can't we get our priorities straight here like the UK? :P

I'm here for the party

#1042 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:24 PM

Pilsener Haus & Biergarten in Hoboken is pretty cool too.

I recently got my tickets to Oktoberfest in Central Park in September. This'll be the fourth or fifth time I go. It follows the Steuben Parade down 5th Avenue. Anyone else happen to be going?

#1043 Bartholomew Hunt

Bartholomew Hunt

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 08:17 PM

Hey has anyone tried their hand in marinating steaks in beer? I have a few vacuum packed venison tenderloins from last year and I just got a bottle of rogue farms chipotle ale. I was going to cut up some garlic and onions and let them marinate in it overnight.

#1044 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 08:43 PM

Hey has anyone tried their hand in marinating steaks in beer? I have a few vacuum packed venison tenderloins from last year and I just got a bottle of rogue farms chipotle ale. I was going to cut up some garlic and onions and let them marinate in it overnight.

nope never with steaks. slightly off/on topic story though:

I had bought mussels about a month ago, was planning on just cooking them in white wine.  BUT looks like no white wine at the house.  so I just threw some Blue Moon in a pot and cooked the mussels in it.  threw some garlic butter in there and they actually turned out terrific.

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#1045 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,784 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 11:31 AM

One of my friends cooked burgers in Weyerbacher Heresy, they were awesome.

"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#1046 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,014 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 11:36 AM

Hmm that sounds kinda good D26. Ill try that soon. Maybe some sharp cheddar to set it off too

#1047 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,676 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 03:10 PM

Only brats in beer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Daniel, 23 August 2014 - 03:10 PM.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#1048 Bartholomew Hunt

Bartholomew Hunt

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 03:22 PM

I wound up making buffalo tenderloins in Rogue Farms Chipotle Ale. They came out alright, nothing special.

#1049 Bartholomew Hunt

Bartholomew Hunt

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:37 PM

Here's a picture of all the fall selections I have gotten in so far

Attached Files

#1050 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,676 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 06:35 PM

Just got the kentucky bourbon barrell pumpkin ale. Muy bueno

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Posted Image
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.

#1051 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,500 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:35 PM

The epic imperial pumpkin porter is the best pumpkin beer I've ever has. Not sure if it'll make it this Far East, I had it in Utah, but if it does, get it.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#1052 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,868 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 04:21 PM

Looks like Basil T's in Red Bank closed down and will re-open sometime later as Birravino.  Was there once about a year or 2 ago and while the beer was solid, the food was overpriced and bland Italian.

#1053 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,275 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 10:40 PM

anyone know of a good pumpkin beer to try for the fall? i know theres that shipyard or whatever it is anyone ever try it?
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#1054 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,868 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 07:56 AM

anyone know of a good pumpkin beer to try for the fall? i know theres that shipyard or whatever it is anyone ever try it?

I think I posted it here before but I had Shipyard on tap and it was great.  Found it in the store in a 6-pack, took it home and it was awful.  Had about 1-2 and threw the rest of the 6-pack out.  Had my friend say the same thing and he got his at a different store.

For me I think the best pumpkin beer is Triumph in Princeton.  Their New Hope location makes it too, but I think the Princeton brewer makes it a little better.

#1055 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,676 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 08:37 AM

I mentioned it before, but if you can find it, Kentucky Bourbon Ale has a great pumpkin beer. 

Posted Image

#1056 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,784 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 10:32 AM

My favorites are Pumking from Southern Tier, The Great Pumpkin from Elysian, and Pumpkin Ale from Schlafly.

"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users