#1 insanity_gallops

insanity_gallops

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 11:59 AM

http://www.tsn.ca/nh...628&hubname=nhl

Los Angeles Kings forward Mike Cammalleri was awarded a two-year contract by an arbitrator on Monday. Reports indicate the deal is worth $6.7 million. The judgment followed a five-hour hearing in Toronto on Thursday....

Reports indicate Cammalleri will make $3.1 million this season and $3.6 million the following year, after which he will become an unrestricted free agent at the age of 27.

----------

An arbitration ruling that actually seems reasonable? What the hell?

Sergei Brylin Award Winner: '04-'05, '05-'06
RD Avatar Award Winner: '05-'06, '06-'07, '07-'08, '09-'10

Thanks to LüZZo for the avatar!

"How can it be bullsh!t to state a preference?"

#2 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 12:03 PM

*gasp* HOCKEY NEWS!

I thought the same thing, iggy. Cammalleri ain't gonna be happy though, didn't he want six mill for ONE year? I wanted to say that I think the Kings will be significantly better this season, but with their mess in goaltending, they still won't be able to really contend.

Any team that thinks Dan Cloutier can still be a viable starter is, well, probably taking those silly mushrooms.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#3 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,964 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 12:20 PM

I have completely come to the realization that:

1. Regier must go...
2. There is my arbitrator hockey god...

Ok, I'm done :evil:

What a day for the Kings...who get this guy for great value...

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#4 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,321 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 12:58 PM

Wow. An actual fair judgement for 2 years!
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#5 insanity_gallops

insanity_gallops

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 01:01 PM

To put this in perspective, the following Kings will make more money than Cammalleri this upcoming season:

Blake - $6mil
Handzus - $4mil
Nagy - $3.75mil
Stuart - $3.5mil
Cloutier - $3.1mil (same as Cammalleri for this year)

How many of those players would you take over Cammalleri if you were building a team?

Sergei Brylin Award Winner: '04-'05, '05-'06
RD Avatar Award Winner: '05-'06, '06-'07, '07-'08, '09-'10

Thanks to LüZZo for the avatar!

"How can it be bullsh!t to state a preference?"

#6 elias2600

elias2600

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 01:52 PM

good, freaking point.

#7 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 01:53 PM

Dan Cloutier is the best player in the history of hockey.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

#8 elias2600

elias2600

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 02:02 PM

too bad he was referring to Rob Cloutier (Dans brother). Their mother frequently watches her two sons play. In fact, Dan may retire this offseason though no one knows for sure.

#9 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 02:04 PM

too bad he was referring to Rob Cloutier (Dans brother). Their mother frequently watches her two sons play. In fact, Dan may retire this offseason though no one knows for sure.

YEAH BUT GUESS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT DAN CLOUTIER

EDIT: That would be amazing if there were two Cloutiers though. EVEN MORE CLOUTIER GREATNESS!

Edited by RD, 07 August 2007 - 02:06 PM.

#10 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 03:10 PM

Dan's older brother Sylvain used to play for the River Rats.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#11 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 03:12 PM

I remember that!

#12 devils26

devils26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 03:14 PM

To put this in perspective, the following Kings will make more money than Cammalleri this upcoming season:

Blake - $6mil
Handzus - $4mil
Nagy - $3.75mil
Stuart - $3.5mil
How many of those players would you take over Cammalleri if you were building a team?

Great point. I think Blake is the only one who I might take over Cammalleri, although he is old and 6 mil is a little too much for a guy of that age. I think this shows how desperate the Kings were this off-season as soon as they could not make deals with some of the bigger names.

"The Devils always find a way to win, ... That will continue." -Scott Stevens
"I wouldn't think so. Nothing is broken. It's just a bruise." -Lou Lamoriello

Posted Image

#13 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,964 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 03:39 PM

Turgeon?

Oh...wait... :P

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#14 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 05:48 PM

*gasp* HOCKEY NEWS!

I thought the same thing, iggy. Cammalleri ain't gonna be happy though, didn't he want six mill for ONE year? I wanted to say that I think the Kings will be significantly better this season, but with their mess in goaltending, they still won't be able to really contend.

Any team that thinks Dan Cloutier can still be a viable starter is, well, probably taking those silly mushrooms.

It's a reasonable deal. He wanted six? Too bad. LOL

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#15 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 05:52 PM

It's a reasonable deal. He wanted six? Too bad. LOL

Did I say it wasn't reasonable? He's not going to care about reasonable -- he wanted the money. I don't see him being like "well, I wanted six million, but damn, I'm just being greedy...I totally deserve the three instead. GOOD FOR ME!!!"

#16 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 05:57 PM

Did I say it wasn't reasonable? He's not going to care about reasonable -- he wanted the money. I don't see him being like "well, I wanted six million, but damn, I'm just being greedy...I totally deserve the three instead. GOOD FOR ME!!!"

I know you realize it's fair. It's just that well if he's upset when he got that kind of money (still a nice raise considering it was arbitration), I just don't see him crying about it. :lol:

Man. Don't you wish it was us?

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users