179 replies to this topic

#1 empulse27

empulse27

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 12:38 PM

Lou's comment gives me the feeling he's going to be a fourth line forward and not down in Lowell.

Link

I like the idea of the signing, but I'm not convinced on the player signed. I would have went with Adam Hall or Josef Vasicek for a fourth line forward.
Posted Image
of Randy McKay
of the old video intro song "Standing in Motion" by Yanni

#2 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,856 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 12:41 PM

newjerseydevils.com
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#3 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,856 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 12:43 PM

Rass is done :evilcry:

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#4 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 12:45 PM

Solid pick-up for the 4th line. I like it.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#5 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,583 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 12:45 PM

I LOVE this signing. He's a feisty lil' bugger.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#6 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,288 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 12:47 PM

I really like how Lou is putting together a solid fourth line. This is a good signing and his feistiness will definitely add something to the fourth line.

Kudos to Voros for sort of predicting this as when he put his lines for this next season he had Asham in on the fourth line.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#7 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,856 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 12:47 PM

I wonder if Sutter asked for this one?

Lou is building a mean team... and I like it.

#8 Elias26

Elias26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,576 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 12:51 PM

Holly S!!!!

I love this signing great job Lou!!!!!

Solid pick-up for the 4th line. I like it.

I think he would look real nice on the 3rd Pando-Madden-Asham
Bobby Holik wouldn't name a (Christmas) song. He said: "Music means nothing to me." When Tom Gulitti of the
Record suggested he'd be called Scrooge, Holik said: "It won't be the first time." -Bobby Holik Christmas 2008

“I made a decision to be here. Just because the team is going through a rough time doesn’t mean you leave. This has become my second home. I love playing here. Patrik Elias January 31, 2011

#9 Bulletproof

Bulletproof

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 12:54 PM

Agreed....Asham is a definate upgrade for the checking line. He also adds a touch of offense, which is important if you are going to roll four solid lines.

This has been the off season of classic "Lou Moves"...small pieces and parts that end up making a huge difference in October.
Posted Image

DevsCast: The latest and greatest Devils podcast on the Internet or my handle 'aint Bulletproof! Click Here to subscribe via iTunes or Click Here to download mp3 versions of the show. Perfect for wasting time at work!

#10 insanity_gallops

insanity_gallops

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 12:56 PM

Rass is done :evilcry:

Yep. The writing was on the wall.

Asham's a pain in the ass to play against, and he can be moved to whatever line needs him most. He saw time with Yashin on the top pairing (and again on the 4th line, heh). He's willing to drop the gloves if need be, too.

Sergei Brylin Award Winner: '04-'05, '05-'06
RD Avatar Award Winner: '05-'06, '06-'07, '07-'08, '09-'10

Thanks to LüZZo for the avatar!

"How can it be bullsh!t to state a preference?"

#11 metallidevils

metallidevils

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 12:56 PM

Holly S!!!!

I love this signing great job Lou!!!!!
I think he would look real nice on the 3rd Pando-Madden-Asham

Madden, if given someone to work with, can generate a few points. You can't give him Pando AND Asham.

Asham seems like another great addition to our two 4th lines.
"We had our chances. But Martin Brodeur is a hell of a player."
Posted Image
Posted Image of "It's a power play goal! F*** you Sam Rosen!"

#12 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,431 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 12:57 PM

This has been the off season of classic "Lou Moves"...small pieces and parts that end up making a huge difference in October.

This is the best way to describe our moves this year. But it should have been June, not October.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#13 Elias26

Elias26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,576 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 12:58 PM

This is the best way to describe our moves this year. But it should have been June, not October.

Could have been that Asham wanted too much at first? Or maybe Lou was deciding between Rass and Ash....
Bobby Holik wouldn't name a (Christmas) song. He said: "Music means nothing to me." When Tom Gulitti of the
Record suggested he'd be called Scrooge, Holik said: "It won't be the first time." -Bobby Holik Christmas 2008

“I made a decision to be here. Just because the team is going through a rough time doesn’t mean you leave. This has become my second home. I love playing here. Patrik Elias January 31, 2011

#14 ice dog

ice dog

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 12:59 PM

former red deer rebel, i'm sure sutter approves. :koolaid:

i have always like asham!
this is a GREAT move!
"Wendy...I'm home."
-Jack Torrance
Sherry Ross ‏@SherryDarlingNJ
"Little did we know the C on Parise's jersey stood for "C-ya, suckers!" Yes, I was fooled. And it is the collusion vibe that taints it."

#15 xxchaznjxx

xxchaznjxx

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 12:59 PM

solid signing and player who can play the 3rd or 4th line switching with clarkson. i love this signing. lou is definitely adding some grit to this team.

and i like asham more than i like rass.

#16 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 01:01 PM

I always liked Aaron when he was here as a Habs..He can produce decent offensive numbers, and he does lay some good hits in the game..Good signing, Better than Rass or Dowd on the 4rth line though :)
Posted Image

#17 titans04

titans04

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

I bet this cuts into Jannsens playing time in a big way.

#18 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,856 posts

Also means Vikhuola is not see the big club without trade or injury.

#19 njdjlc

njdjlc

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 01:02 PM

Yep. The writing was on the wall.

Asham's a pain in the ass to play against, and he can be moved to whatever line needs him most. He saw time with Yashin on the top pairing (and again on the 4th line, heh). He's willing to drop the gloves if need be, too.

My feelings exactly. I watch a lot of Islander games (when I am not watching the Devs of course) and he is a good pickup

#20 Elias26

Elias26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,576 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 01:03 PM

I kind of feel bad for Rass cause I liked him. If Lou does sign him it will get real interesting...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users