A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,327 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 01:13 PM

Can't we all just get along? I'll start by saying I love you all! <3

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#43 TrentonDevils

TrentonDevils

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 01:15 PM

:rofl: :rofl:

That wasn't a joke. Why am I off?

Your kid is ugly. :rofl: :rofl:

Edited by TrentonDevils, 09 August 2007 - 01:16 PM.

"If you don't think drugs have done good things for us, then take all of your records, tapes and CD's and burn them" - Bill Hicks
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out."
-Bill Hicks

"Facts are stupid things" - President Ronald Reagan

Posted Image

#44 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,327 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 01:18 PM

Back on topic, big series against Cleveland coming up. Here are the pitching matchups:

Friday: RHP Phil Hughes (1-1, 5.87) vs. RHP Fausto Carmona (13-6, 3.17), 7:05

Saturday: RHP Mike Mussina (7-7, 4.66) vs. RHP Paul Byrd (10-4, 4.13), 7:10

Sunday: LHP Andy Pettitte (8-7, 4.00) vs. RHP Jake Westbrook (3-6, 5.00), 1:05

I am confident they will win with Hughes, he just had to work out the kinks his last start. Hopefully Moose and Andy pitch well. The Yankees need to take at least 2 out of 3, but I hope for a sweep.

Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#45 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,919 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 01:26 PM

Back on topic, big series against Cleveland coming up. Here are the pitching matchups:

I am confident they will win with Hughes, he just had to work out the kinks his last start. Hopefully Moose and Andy pitch well. The Yankees need to take at least 2 out of 3, but I hope for a sweep.

It's good you're missing Sabathia.

#46 TrentonDevils

TrentonDevils

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 02:16 PM

That carmona kid is nasty though. Watching that Hughes game, he seemed to have his stuff, just some control issues maybe. We need him to be solid. WEstbrook should be a slugfest and paul byrd we should be able to hit as well.. If im not mistakin, isnt it now Minnesota who we are chasing? I know Minn and Cle are real close..also Seattle
"If you don't think drugs have done good things for us, then take all of your records, tapes and CD's and burn them" - Bill Hicks
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out."
-Bill Hicks

Posted Image

#47 PeteyNice

PeteyNice

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,121 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 03:12 PM

at the end of august... hm.. im 10 years younger than you and im owning you... you're not winning your just repeating yourself and im not gonna repeat what i said before... and i can feel that you soon will be suspended for being so ignorant... and retarded

You couldn't own toast. First you say "the Yankees always choke in August". Then when I break out the lovely stats that prove that was a load of crap you change it to "the end of August". Then you say the Yankees have "no shot" at the Wild Card. A position they currently sit ONE HALF GAME behind.

August 20 and later...
2006: 7-4
2005: 9-3
2004: 5-6
2003: 7-5
2002: 7-5
TOTAL: 35-23 a.614(!) winning percentage. That's right the Yankees do better in late August than they do in August overall. What's next? The Yankees "always lose on August 14"? Give it a rest.

Just for completeness, Yankee records in September and regular season October:
2006: 18-12
2005: 20-10
2004: 20-11
2003: 18-9
2002: 19-8

Edited by PeteyNice, 09 August 2007 - 03:21 PM.

"Yo moms so fat, Russia can see her from THEIR house." -Anil Dash

Palin 2012

"Demand for Portland" -- Consumerist.com

"The New York football Giants marched into Little D and made 'America's Team' their prison bitch....[and next week the G-Men] will push the Packers up and down the frozen tundra like their own private zamboni!" -- Carl from Adult Swim

(No longer) Gotta check this every day

Living in constant fear of Fox Security

A proud member of the Reality Based Community

Official Nemesis of Triumph

"The player is fine." -- Brian Cashman

"[PeteyNice] f off!" --LOULAM1

"Petey, you're MY NEW HERO!!!" -- CRASHER

"bow chica bow wow" - RoughDraft

"I did it with panache and style, that's how I did it" - Mad Sweeney

#48 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,860 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 04:35 PM

You couldn't own toast. First you say "the Yankees always choke in August". Then when I break out the lovely stats that prove that was a load of crap you change it to "the end of August". Then you say the Yankees have "no shot" at the Wild Card. A position they currently sit ONE HALF GAME behind.

August 20 and later...
TOTAL: 35-23 a.614(!) winning percentage. That's right the Yankees do better in late August than they do in August overall. What's next? The Yankees "always lose on August 14"? Give it a rest.

Ain't nothing like the truth.

Maybe he's related to Lupica?

What's that saying about the blind squirrel? :P

How many players have the Mets drafted that are on their roster? Or how about that pitching staff? :doh1:

It's good you're missing Sabathia.

True but it's also good that the Braves don't have a bullpen or the Mets would've gotten swept.

Edited by Derek21, 09 August 2007 - 04:34 PM.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#49 Cal914

Cal914

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 09:03 PM

Yeah that seems about right that youre 14. Go jerk off to the mens underwear flyer you little bitch.

you spelt flier wrong you dumb bimbo...

:rofl: :rofl:

Your kid is ugly. :rofl: :rofl:

your an ass... jerry... its iight... your still the man
-Cal
Official NJDevs.com keeper of "Zajac's first playoff goal
Official NJDevs.com keeper of The Colorado Rockies

#50 bostondevil11

bostondevil11

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 09:08 PM

August 20 and later...

As a lazy Red Sox fan what is their record Aug. (just to prove my point that they suck at the end of the season). I watched too many season in the last few years with the Sox starting off so great and not so good at teh end that I find it odd that a "red sox" fan can say the Yankees choke at the end of the season.

#51 TrentonDevils

TrentonDevils

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 09:03 AM

As a lazy Red Sox fan what is their record Aug. (just to prove my point that they suck at the end of the season). I watched too many season in the last few years with the Sox starting off so great and not so good at teh end that I find it odd that a "red sox" fan can say the Yankees choke at the end of the season.

There have been a couple times in recent memory where the Sox really rolled over and let the Yankees take it. But to say the Yanks are the ones that choke in August is just crazy idiot talk. :doh1:
This years race should come down to the wire, should be very exciting. And Football will be on, and then Hockey! I love the fall.
-Bill Hicks

Posted Image

#52 bostondevil11

bostondevil11

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 10:55 AM

There have been a couple times in recent memory where the Sox really rolled over and let the Yankees take it. But to say the Yanks are the ones that choke in August is just crazy idiot talk. :doh1:
This years race should come down to the wire, should be very exciting. And Football will be on, and then Hockey! I love the fall.

What as recent as last year? Oh that 5 game sweep at home was painful. :argh:

#53 TrentonDevils

TrentonDevils

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 11:01 AM

What as recent as last year? Oh that 5 game sweep at home was painful. :argh:

Whew, man that was nice for us....That NEVER happens....But you know what, we went up and lost 3 to you guys this year, so it really was payback. Then lost 2 of three at the stadium

There is nothing in sports, (save Devils Playoffs) that gets me as pumped as Yankees/Sawx
-Bill Hicks

Posted Image

#54 bostondevil11

bostondevil11

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 11:44 AM

Whew, man that was nice for us....That NEVER happens....But you know what, we went up and lost 3 to you guys this year, so it really was payback. Then lost 2 of three at the stadium

There is nothing in sports, (save Devils Playoffs) that gets me as pumped as Yankees/Sawx

Well I guess you will have to practice your smack talk for the 28th.

#55 TrentonDevils

TrentonDevils

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 12:14 PM

Well I guess you will have to practice your smack talk for the 28th.

When youre a pro, you dont need practice, my friend :D :P
-Bill Hicks

Posted Image

#56 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,327 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 08:53 PM

Great pitching by Hughes and Joba tonight.

#57 PeteyNice

PeteyNice

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,121 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 10:35 AM

I saw this in the Daily News today and it is certainly something to think about.
On August 11, 2005 the Yankees were 62-51, five games behind Boston. They won the division.

On August 11, 2007 the Yankees were 64-51, 5 games behind Boston.

Palin 2012

"The New York football Giants marched into Little D and made 'America's Team' their prison bitch....[and next week the G-Men] will push the Packers up and down the frozen tundra like their own private zamboni!" -- Carl from Adult Swim

#58 South Jersey Devs Fan

South Jersey Devs Fan

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 02:31 PM

Im Devils, Yankees, 49ers....(I stuck with them for the past 7-8 years, so I think I deserve the 'true fan' title.

I'll give you that plus Gore is a beast so that is something to be happy about
Posted Image
"Martin Brodeur is the gold standard of goaltending -- the model of character, consistency and commitment to the craft. A champion. A winner above all.

"It is difficult to imagine any player who is more universally, and deservedly, respected. The National Hockey League is extremely proud of Martin, his historic achievement and his enduring contribution to our game."

#59 PeteyNice

PeteyNice

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,121 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 05:13 PM

And Eric "Canadian for Kyle Farnsworth" Gagne strikes again! Gives up a tying HR to Tejada and the Orioles come back to beat Boston in 10 innings.

Meanwhile in Cleveland....Andy Pettitte was brilliant, the Juice continues to be loose, and Rivera gets a Wetteland-esque save as the Yankees sweep the Indians 5-3.

So the Yankees cut Boston's AL East lead to 4. The lowest it has been since April.

And while this doesn't mean anything, who has the best record in New York? (hint: it ain't the Mets).

Palin 2012

#60 westcoastdevfan

westcoastdevfan

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,984 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 06:06 PM

Let the hating commence.... :blahblah:

The Yankees are back and out for blood. :dance:

A huge sweep for the Yanks. This is the perfect way to start the trip through the upcoming gauntlet.

Baltimore
Detroit
and our arch nemesis Anaheim.

Let's Go Yankees! :hail:
Posted ImageOF LOU'S SACRED KOOL-AID!
Follow me on Twitter @westcoastdevfan
Check me out at dekingdevils.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users