#21 Kicksave Brodeur!!

Kicksave Brodeur!!

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 04:59 PM

Subject: golf nut

A bachelor took his vacation every summer at Hilton Head.Being a golf nut, he spent two weeks there each year.Last summer he met a woman there and fell head over heels in love with her. On the last night of his
vacation, the two of them went to dinner and had a serious talk about how they could continue the relationship.They both agreed that total honesty was important so there would be no "surprises" later on
that could destroy their love.It's only fair to warn you, I'm a total golf nut," Ed said to his lady friend.
"I eat, sleep, and breathe golf, so if that's a problem,you'd better say so now.""Well, if we're being honest with each other, here goes," she replied."I'm a hooker." "I see," Ed replied, and was quiet for a moment. Then he added, "You know, it's probably because you're not keeping your wrists straight.

#22 NJayDevil

NJayDevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,126 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 09:57 PM

Umm. This is not the hobbies forum.

Golf == not a sport.

Hey Petey, you think a baseball swing is physically demanding?
Official Keeper of Little G
New Jersey Devils|3|New York Yankees|27|New York Giants|3|Penn State|4|
"They are the loudest and most loyal students in the country. They call this place Happy Valley?
That's an understatement tonight. This is definitely the best place on Earth. I have seen Paternoville,
I have seen these students...there is nothing like this in the country."

-ESPN College Gameday
"We cannot rank Penn State University against other schools
in the party school category because we feel it is unfair to
rank professionals against amateurs."

-Playboy Magazine
"You're driving along with nothing and then it's like
cow... cow... cow... 20,000 hot chicks!
That's Penn State."

-Jon Stewart

#23 Devilish34

Devilish34

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 10:13 PM

Being redundant aren't you?

Or golf with a cooler with no more beer? :P

86 the Kool Ade -- we need some fvcking icewater for these pussies

Posted ImageRIP Bill 1931-2007
RIP Major/Dr. John Paul Pryor killed in Iraq on 12/25/08. You will be greatly missed and can never be replaced.
What Happened To Dr Pryor?

You might be a Redneck if you brag about running a 11.57@118.14Posted Image

#24 Kicksave Brodeur!!

Kicksave Brodeur!!

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 09:51 PM

Police are called to an apartment and find a woman holding a bloody 5-iron standing over a lifeless man.

The detective asks, "Ma'am, is that your husband?"

"Yes" says the woman.

"Did you hit him with that golf club?"

Yes, yes, I did." The woman begins to sob, drops the club, and puts her, hands on her face.

"How many times did you hit him?"

"I don't know, five, six, maybe seven times.....just put me down for a five."

#25 TrentonDevils

TrentonDevils

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 03:44 PM

Just bought a new shaft for my driver.

An Aldila NV Stiff, 78 grams, low tourque, mid/high kick....
Cant wait to try it out!!
"If you don't think drugs have done good things for us, then take all of your records, tapes and CD's and burn them" - Bill Hicks
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out."
-Bill Hicks

"Facts are stupid things" - President Ronald Reagan

Posted Image

#26 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,981 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 09:41 AM

Just bought a new shaft for my driver.

An Aldila NV Stiff, 78 grams, low tourque, mid/high kick....
Cant wait to try it out!!

What kind of driver do you have bro?
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#27 TrentonDevils

TrentonDevils

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 09:47 AM

What kind of driver do you have bro?

I have a Warrior, its a 'custom' driver.......Its a pretty inexpensive club, I think..its got the giant head on it....but I hit the thing a mile and I dont see a reason to get a completely new driver, but I am slicing the ball when I swing hard. I know that I hit the ball in the center of the club consistently, so Ive come to the conclusion that the shaft is whipping too much and the face opens up at the POI....

My swing is in the 115 mph area, and I use extra stiff shafts on my irons, and that works well for me, but I believe my driver is regular flex, unfortunately it dosent say on the shaft....
But I have heard great things about the Adila shaft, so Im gonna try it out...hopefully I can swing as hard as I like to, and hit the ball straight..

Edited by TrentonDevils, 21 August 2007 - 09:48 AM.

"If you don't think drugs have done good things for us, then take all of your records, tapes and CD's and burn them" - Bill Hicks
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out."
-Bill Hicks

Posted Image

#28 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,382 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 09:56 AM

So TD, you signed up for that Warrir promotion?

I swing a MacGregor 10* driver. My irons are Callaway X18, but my sand wedge is 20 years old and a knock off of a Ping Zing Green Dot.

I hit it waaaayyyyy to far, 130-135 yards but won't give it up for anything.

I'm all over the place with my putter. I used an Odyssey Rossie II for years, but am between two right now. A Scotty Cameron and one from MasterGrip, a golf mail company. I used it my last time out and was deadly.

I shoot in the mid to high 80's and can easily get in the low 90's.

I'm no NJayDevils when it comes to FLOG

And I haven't seen gardening on ESPN, but I do see Golf.
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#29 TrentonDevils

TrentonDevils

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 10:11 AM

So TD, you signed up for that Warrir promotion?

I swing a MacGregor 10* driver. My irons are Callaway X18, but my sand wedge is 20 years old and a knock off of a Ping Zing Green Dot.

I hit it waaaayyyyy to far, 130-135 yards but won't give it up for anything.

I'm all over the place with my putter. I used an Odyssey Rossie II for years, but am between two right now. A Scotty Cameron and one from MasterGrip, a golf mail company. I used it my last time out and was deadly.

I shoot in the mid to high 80's and can easily get in the low 90's.

I'm no NJayDevils when it comes to FLOG

And I haven't seen gardening on ESPN, but I do see Golf.

You know what, the Warrior is actually a found club...hehehe......
But i tried it out, and I can hit it about 270-280 in the air when I pure it....so obviously I kept the thing haha

But like I said I swing like Im beating a zombie to death, so I bought the stiff adila, and i heard that it can add 20-30 yards to your drive....so if thats true, Ill be hitting 330 yard drives....but Im not counting on that haha

I have Mizuno mp-30's, which are hard as hell to hit cause theyre blades essentially.....But Im getting there and I shoot in the low 90's

Edited by TrentonDevils, 21 August 2007 - 10:12 AM.

-Bill Hicks

Posted Image

#30 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,382 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 10:35 AM

I think my brother hits Mizuno blades. He's a 6 or so. Lives in Florida.
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#31 TrentonDevils

TrentonDevils

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 10:43 AM

I think my brother hits Mizuno blades. He's a 6 or so. Lives in Florida.

I will be a 6 or so someday..... :pray:
-Bill Hicks

Posted Image

#32 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,981 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 11:08 AM

I have a set of Square Two's that I got about 4 years ago, and I love 'em. Not a well-known brand, but they get the job done. I've been using the same Ping putter for 10 years, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. My putting is probably the most consistent part of my game and that putter is a big reason why, lol.

Edited by MadDog2020, 21 August 2007 - 11:08 AM.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#33 mddevsfan

mddevsfan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 11:14 AM

My best ever was an 82 and it was on a hard course. Chesapeake Bay in Md. :noclue: My short game was on.

The Chesapeake Bay Club? Which course, Rising Sun or North East? Just curious, as I'm only a half-hour south of there, and I just played Rising Sun twice in the last month.
"The Devils always find a way to win. That will continue." - Scott Stevens

#34 TrentonDevils

TrentonDevils

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 11:19 AM

I have a set of Square Two's that I got about 4 years ago, and I love 'em. Not a well-known brand, but they get the job done. I've been using the same Ping putter for 10 years, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. My putting is probably the most consistent part of my game and that putter is a big reason why, lol.

Square twos haha
Thats what I had before I bought my Mizunos...
My set, however was bought in 1995 when I was 13 years old, so I thought it was time to upgrade.
Love the Mizunos....when I make a nice shot with my PW it hits the green and stops, literally....my ball mark usually ends up about 3 inches from my ball, its really amazing.
-Bill Hicks

Posted Image

#35 mddevsfan

mddevsfan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 11:28 AM

Back in high school and early college I used to play 3-4 times a week. I got down to a 14 handicap and my low round was a 78 at Shaker Ridge County Club in Albany when I was 16. I couldn't miss a shot if I tried that day.

Now that I've moved down to Maryland and have to work a full week and pay for my own golf, I only get out about once every week or two. I'm up to a 16 handicap and I usually shoot in the high 80's. I can actually hit the ball better now than I used to, but I'm much less consistant. I'm trying to play more now and get a little better again, but it's difficult with a newborn in the house.

My favorite club is my old Titleist 975D driver that I got back in college. It's the only club I hit consistantly now, and I can really crush it at times. I also love my Odyssey White Hot 2-Ball putter. Three-to-four foot putts used to be my nemesis, but I make them routinely ever since I got the new putter. :hail:
"The Devils always find a way to win. That will continue." - Scott Stevens

#36 TrentonDevils

TrentonDevils

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 11:33 AM

Back in high school and early college I used to play 3-4 times a week. I got down to a 14 handicap and my low round was a 78 at Shaker Ridge County Club in Albany when I was 16. I couldn't miss a shot if I tried that day.

Now that I've moved down to Maryland and have to work a full week and pay for my own golf, I only get out about once every week or two. I'm up to a 16 handicap and I usually shoot in the high 80's. I can actually hit the ball better now than I used to, but I'm much less consistant. I'm trying to play more now and get a little better again, but it's difficult with a newborn in the house.

My favorite club is my old Titleist 975D driver that I got back in college. It's the only club I hit consistantly now, and I can really crush it at times. I also love my Odyssey White Hot 2-Ball putter. Three-to-four foot putts used to be my nemesis, but I make them routinely ever since I got the new putter. :hail:

Im thinking about purchasing the 2ball, I love that putter....I still use my old semi blade putter, and my putting is poor, at best.....Im a good ball striker (most of the time) and can hit the crap out of the ball, but my putting is just awful and its really hurting my score. Last week I went out and I cant count how many times I was on in reg. and would 3 or four putt....I think thats the most infuriating thing, is when youre on in reg and three or four putt.... :evilcry:
-Bill Hicks

Posted Image

#37 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,382 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 12:10 PM

I won this on a closest to the pin and want to sell it. I used it once.

Odyssey Two Ball Putter
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#38 TrentonDevils

TrentonDevils

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 12:13 PM

I won this on a closest to the pin and want to sell it. I used it once.

Odyssey Two Ball Putter

Damn you.....Ive already spent far too much money on golf in the past two months, so I will hold off...also you can probably get a lot more than I would want to pay you on ebay.
-Bill Hicks

Posted Image

#39 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,382 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 12:18 PM

Damn you.....Ive already spent far too much money on golf in the past two months, so I will hold off...also you can probably get a lot more than I would want to pay you on ebay.

If you actually had wanted it....what would have been your offer?
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#40 TrentonDevils

TrentonDevils

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 12:25 PM

If you actually had wanted it....what would have been your offer?

60 bucks.
-Bill Hicks

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users