Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 06:44 PM

Great Story of sportmanship.
article

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#122 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 08:59 AM

Great Story of sportmanship.
article

This was actually the raging debate on Mike & Mike this morning. Some people think it's noble and the right thing to do, others say it's an embarassment to the game its competitors. Personally I would rather believe that I won the playoff than have it be so obvious that my opponent threw the game for my sake. Maybe if the guy had just hit his approach to the side of the green, came up with a bad chip, and then two or three-putted, it wouldn't have been so clear.
Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#123 MDPucks

MDPucks

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 10:03 AM

I've played more golf in the last 5 weeks than I had in the previous 4 years so you can say I've caught the illness.

Played Eisenhower in Crownsville, MD back in June and duffed it around. What killed me was my putting.

Last week played Eagle Ridge in Lakewood, NJ and played okay on the front 9 but completely duffed on their new 9-hole linx course which we played after the turn. It was quite fitting that you could see the old blimp hangers at NAS Lakehurst from 3 of the holes because my game went down like the Hindenberg.

On Thursday played Eisenhower again in 100 degree heat. Course was waterlogged from recent heavy rain meaning cart paths only and hoofing it most of the course. To my suprise my irons and short game came alive and its looking like playing multiple times is giving me improvement.

Looking to play again in 2 weeks.

#124 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,220 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 10:19 AM

I've also been playing an inordinate amount, so I too have the bug. I'm upset, though. 2 weeks ago I was a 12 handicap, which for someone who played once a month previous to this summer was pretty solid. So I went out with my grandfather to Shark River and shot a 79, playing the best golf of my life. He shot an 83, but was overly impressed with my game. He said there were a few things I could "do" to my swing to make my more consistant (I thought shooting 7 over was pretty damn good), so he took my to a range to "try" those things out. It screwed something up, I don't know what, and it's ruined my golf game. I went out with some friends and tried to "go back" to my old swing, and nothing would take. I shot a 102 at the same course I had just shot 79, and that was only because my short-game was incredible. I couldn't hit the ball anywhere with any consistency. Help?

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#125 MDPucks

MDPucks

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 11:30 AM

I've also been playing an inordinate amount, so I too have the bug. I'm upset, though. 2 weeks ago I was a 12 handicap, which for someone who played once a month previous to this summer was pretty solid. So I went out with my grandfather to Shark River and shot a 79, playing the best golf of my life. He shot an 83, but was overly impressed with my game. He said there were a few things I could "do" to my swing to make my more consistant (I thought shooting 7 over was pretty damn good), so he took my to a range to "try" those things out. It screwed something up, I don't know what, and it's ruined my golf game. I went out with some friends and tried to "go back" to my old swing, and nothing would take. I shot a 102 at the same course I had just shot 79, and that was only because my short-game was incredible. I couldn't hit the ball anywhere with any consistency. Help?

I litterally grew-up in the Hills neighborhood across Route 18 from Shark River GC. I've never played the course because I didn't start playing golf until I moved to New England in 1993. I'm looking at playing Charleston Springs and a course down in Somers Point the next time I'm coming up to the shore in 2 weeks.

#126 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,220 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 11:43 AM

I litterally grew-up in the Hills neighborhood across Route 18 from Shark River GC. I've never played the course because I didn't start playing golf until I moved to New England in 1993. I'm looking at playing Charleston Springs and a course down in Somers Point the next time I'm coming up to the shore in 2 weeks.

I'd also suggest Hominy Hill.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users