3 replies to this topic

#1 94Obsession

94Obsession

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 01:54 PM

John "Dewey" Robertson, known to wrestling fans around the world as The Missing Link passed away 3:30 am this morning in his native Hamilton, Canada after a lengthy battle with cancer. He was 68 years old. Robertoon began his career in the 1960's as the prot

#2 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,976 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 02:20 PM

I just think it's sad how many Wrestlers have died this year. It's really awful.

RIP John "Missing Link" Robertson. :(

Well with this guy 68 is still young to die, but not out of the ordinary...but still I agree...too many sudden deaths have taken place in wrestling over the past few years.

I wonder with the increase in usage of all kinds of undetectable drugs to enhance performance etc....we will see these untimely deaths increase in other sports.

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#3 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,583 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 02:26 PM

Yeah but dying at 68 is like wrestling speak for dying at 88, it seems these days.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#4 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,183 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 04:09 PM

Well 68 isn't too bad considering he had some drug addictions. I'm sure that took a bunch of years off his life and being homeless probably didn't help either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users