6 replies to this topic

#1 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 01:08 PM

Alot of other forums have this option. Is there a way to jump to first unread post when you enter a thread? One forum I use to post on all the time actually had the option in the controls menu where when I clicked on a thread it would automatically jump to the first unread post which I've always like the best but I know most other forums just have a button at the beginning of the thread. Is there an option similar to those with these forums? Maybe I just missed it...

1dun.jpg

#2 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,547 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 02:13 PM

Alot of other forums have this option. Is there a way to jump to first unread post when you enter a thread? One forum I use to post on all the time actually had the option in the controls menu where when I clicked on a thread it would automatically jump to the first unread post which I've always like the best but I know most other forums just have a button at the beginning of the thread. Is there an option similar to those with these forums? Maybe I just missed it...

you hit the "1" button on the thread list??
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#3 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 02:25 PM

you hit the "1" button on the thread list??

The what on the what list?

Let's say it's a 3 page thread that I read through before work. I get home and now it's 6 pages. I want a button that will just jump me to the first unread post so I don't have to skim through page 3 to figure out where I left off before work to read all the new posts made while at work.

1dun.jpg

#4 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,547 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 02:57 PM

here... look above to the top sticky-ed thread in this forum... see how there is a number 1 and a number 2 next to the thread?

Click on the 1... page 1... click on the 2... page 2 B )
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#5 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 03:04 PM

here... look above to the top sticky-ed thread in this forum... see how there is a number 1 and a number 2 next to the thread?

Click on the 1... page 1... click on the 2... page 2 B )

I know how to jump to different pages I wanted to know if it's possible to jump to the last specific post you read. I guess it's not to big of a deal I'm just lazy and hate re-reading posts I already read to find the new ones I haven't. :whistling:

1dun.jpg

#6 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,008 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 03:30 PM

if you are logged in on the topic screen there is a little orange box next to the thread title. That should bring you to the first unread post.

#7 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 03:32 PM

if you are logged in on the topic screen there is a little orange box next to the thread title. That should bring you to the first unread post.

WOO HOO!!! That's exactly what I was looking for :boogie: Thanks DevilMinder!

1dun.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users