Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 04:42 PM

LETS GO PHILLIES :ph34r:

86 the Kool Ade -- we need some fvcking icewater for these pussies

Posted ImageRIP Bill 1931-2007
RIP Major/Dr. John Paul Pryor killed in Iraq on 12/25/08. You will be greatly missed and can never be replaced.
What Happened To Dr Pryor?

You might be a Redneck if you brag about running a 11.57@118.14Posted Image

#22 overtime98

overtime98

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 05:28 PM

Mets looked very good in atlanta... Phillies dont scare me... Mets can hold on. If Pedro pitches anywhere near his old self tomorrow... we will have one hell of a rotation! WELCOME back PEDRO!!!
New Jersey Devils 3 time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003!

Posted Image

#23 Devilish34

Devilish34

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 09:45 PM

Mets looked very good in atlanta... Phillies dont scare me... Mets can hold on. If Pedro pitches anywhere near his old self tomorrow... we will have one hell of a rotation! WELCOME back PEDRO!!!

Just had to throw it in there. They're the only Philly team I'd like to see do well.
And since they haven't a snow balls chance in hell no worries for your Mets.

RIP Major/Dr. John Paul Pryor killed in Iraq on 12/25/08. You will be greatly missed and can never be replaced.

#24 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,981 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 10:04 PM

BOOOOOOO!!! Thats almost as bad as rooting for the flyers.

#25 Devilish34

Devilish34

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 10:12 PM

BOOOOOOO!!! Thats almost as bad as rooting for the flyers.

:lol: But no half as bad as being a Yankee's band wagoner

#26 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,981 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 09:22 AM

Thats true

#27 devilsadvoc8

devilsadvoc8

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 11:02 AM

Pedro!!!
Official Keeper of the 3 story statue of a hockey player by the artist J. Krawczyk.
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence- Christopher Hitchens

ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

#28 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,999 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 05:30 PM

The Pedro magic is back B ) Even aside from his pitching he brings so much to the team in terms of his demeanor loosening everyone up and taking pressure off a group that pretty much has been leaderless (other than Wright, who's more a leader by example) for much of the year.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#29 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,981 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 06:43 PM

Yeah, just his pressence alone is a boost. Now if he could win 4-5 games that would be tremendous. For the PLayoffs we have a great problem of too many starters. I think it should be:

1 Perez (big game pitcher this year, beat the Yankees and the braves 3 times)
2 El Duque (only if hes healthy)
3 Glavine
If Willie wants 4 then Maine

Urgh its too tough to decide

#30 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,209 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 06:54 PM

Yay a Mets thread!! LETS GO METS!!

Anyway.. If we end up being top team in the NL i hope the Padres dont get the Wild Card spot.. But so far so good since the Padres are coming back on the D-Backs for the division lead (I much prefer playing the D-backs rather than the Padres).. As for today, I thought Pedro pitched extremely well, he was very sharp and in control on almost all of his pitches.. He even said after he pitched he still felt like he had more in him, which is a good sign.. If it wasn't for Alou's bad judgment of that fly-ball and Beltran's error he would've only given up a run..

But glad to see the Mets kicking Harang's ass.. no way he deserves Cy Young, Alou beat up on him badly.. Only thing I'm worried about is Aaron Sele.. I really hope we dont use him in the playoffs as a relief pitcher, he really isn't that good.. Also glad to see Pelfrey have an awesome outing against the Braves on Saturday!

Edited by nmigliore, 03 September 2007 - 06:57 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#31 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,981 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 07:11 PM

I hope that it ends up like this:
1 Mets
2 Diamondbacks
3 Cubs
4 Dodgers

None of those teams scare me one bit.
Keith was talking in the game about some of the wildcard teams have great 1-2 starters (i.e. Padres, Braves) While I wouldnt want to play them, I like our rotation much better because of the great depht.

#32 SteveStevens

SteveStevens

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,503 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 07:17 PM

I dont think Pedro is the number 1 or 2 pitcher for the playoffs. Maine has been the best throughout the year so i think hes 1, glavine is 2, perez is 3 and pedro is 4. A 4 man rotation for the playoffs works like that. Orlando could be used also in the bullpen as if main, glavine, perez or pedro gets in trouble fast he comes in with his starter role.

#33 Senators Advocate

Senators Advocate

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 07:53 PM

Perhaps you're not as objectionable as first impressions make you seem. ;)

Of course, it should probably read "Let's go (get some pitching) Phillies!" but I won't nitpick.

Sweeping the Mets was fun. :yay:

Every game since has sucked. :doh1:
Go Sens Go!!
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Polish God and first ever Sen Peter Sidorkiewicz and his severely underrated 4 game stint with Your New Jersey Devils.
2008 Philadelphia Phillies: World fvcking Champions!!

#34 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,209 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 08:51 PM

I hope that it ends up like this:
1 Mets
2 Diamondbacks
3 Cubs
4 Dodgers

None of those teams scare me one bit.
Keith was talking in the game about some of the wildcard teams have great 1-2 starters (i.e. Padres, Braves) While I wouldnt want to play them, I like our rotation much better because of the great depht.

Yeah the Padres have the good "1-2 punch" with Peavy and Young as Keith stated.. As of now, Padres are up a game on the D-Backs (leaving the D-backs in the Wild Card spot up 3 games on the Dodgers and Phillies for the wild card race).. So I'm pulling for the Padres to win their division, but hopefully the Mets keep winning to stay ahead of them to earn the top spot in the NL..
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#35 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,854 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 07:54 PM

The Pedro magic is back B ) Even aside from his pitching he brings so much to the team in terms of his demeanor loosening everyone up and taking pressure off a group that pretty much has been leaderless (other than Wright, who's more a leader by example) for much of the year.

Wright should get some MVP consideration. He's in line for a 30/30 season and will drive in over 100. Since May, he's been the one constant in their lineup.

There are plenty of candidates from Prince Fielder to Matt Holliday to Chase Utley. Ryan Howard and maybe Jimmy Rollins too. Of course Pujols too.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#36 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,209 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 08:29 PM

Perez was below par tonight, good thing he didn't pitch the 6th.. Nice to see that 5-run 6th inning to tie the game and take the lead.. I really hope Green continues to get more playing time than Milledge, hes wayy better in the field and with the bat.. Also nice to see Mota with a good inning, hes been doing good lately.. Lets just hope the 'Pen keeps this for us..

edit (8/5): Well I just knew the sweep wasn't gonna happen with the line-up, but this loss doesn't hurt us since the Phillies lost as-well.. My big worry from this game though is with John Maine.. He looked very bad and much like Perez was last night except even worse.. If he does get that post-season rotation spot I really hope we don't see any of these kind of Maine games (same goes for Perez and his walks).. But overall its just good the Phillies lost too.. Next up is Houston, I think its a must sweep with Phillies/Braves coming after.. Phillies have Florida next, I have a feeling they're gonna sweep them.. Lets just hope everything goes well versus Houston.

Edited by nmigliore, 05 September 2007 - 08:14 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#37 njdevils2003champs

njdevils2003champs

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 01:46 PM

After pretty much eliminating the Sox as one of my teams, I cant wait to see the Mets have a deep run this year.
Its Game Time! Are You Ready? Devils Hockey...Next!

NJDevs Keeper of the original 1987-88 Patrick Divison Champions banner, the Ken Daneyko banner, Devils Dawg's cape, 25th anniversary basher board ad, the Utica Devils, the Lowell Devils franchise, the Devils first win at the Rock, Newark Arena's first car-jacking victim, Lowell's pre-"Devil Dawg" mascot's cape, Sections 128 and 129 at "The Rock", Pork Sandwich at The Rock, Jumbotron clapping Godzilla, Mucho Nacho, Grant Marshall first edition Lowell Devils jersey, The first "Rangers suck" chant at the Rock (25th Oct. '07 at Bon Jovi), Bob Gilderstein, the PA voice from 2005-2007, NJ Iromen soccer team, and the Postponed and Continued Lightning/Devils game 1/8/10 and 1/10/10

"Elias, is going to chase it down. Right in front to Arnott, HE SCORES!!!!! JASON ARNOTT HAS SCORED AND THE DEVILS HAVE WON THE CUP!!! JASON ARNOTT!!! JASON ARNOTT has score and the Devils win it 2-1!!!!"-Mike Miller

"The Championship to New Jersey. The Devils win the Stanley Cup"! -Mike Emrick- -June 24, 1995

R.I.P. Mom 2/22/09

#38 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,999 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 09:18 PM

Bye Bye Braves! :hi:

Great job by the Mets kicking it into another gear after that disasterous Philly trip. Even though the race is pretty much over now (thanks to the Phillies going in the tank since then) revenge would still be nice this weekend :evil:

After that just a matter of getting everyone healthy for the playoffs which is no guarantee. Duque's foot acted up again, Delgado just started hitting off a cage and Castro apparently had something of a setback in Brooklyn.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#39 overtime98

overtime98

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 09:35 PM

Bye Bye Braves! :hi:

Great job by the Mets kicking it into another gear after that disasterous Philly trip. Even though the race is pretty much over now (thanks to the Phillies going in the tank since then) revenge would still be nice this weekend :evil:

After that just a matter of getting everyone healthy for the playoffs which is no guarantee. Duque's foot acted up again, Delgado just started hitting off a cage and Castro apparently had something of a setback in Brooklyn.

WOOOOOOO!

Wagners 34th save!

LETS GO METS!
New Jersey Devils 3 time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003!

Posted Image

#40 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,981 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 08:31 AM

Thats how we get it done. All eyes on playoffs now time to turn it up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users