97 replies to this topic

#1 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,456 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 09:08 AM

NFL 2007 Season Preview! (Written 9/3/2007)

Is there really a better time or way to spend a Sunday Afternoon
then in the local bar watching the best regular season sport there is to offer??
Clearly I think NOT... and it's why Labor Day can NEVER come soon enough and
this year more then ever it's so easy to get all pumped up for some NFL
FOOTBALL baby!!
So let's cut the bullsh!t and get to the season!!!!

AFC:
[AFC East:

New England Patriots (Record 11-5)
Yeah they added Randy Moss and got stupid lucky that San Diego forgot to give the BALL TO THE BEST fvckING PLAYER IN FOOTBALL IN THE SECOND HALF (yes I am still bitter!), and the offense should not lose a step with all the weapons it has now (in fact this could be the scariest offense the Pats have had in a long time with Maroney, Brady, Moss and Stallworth)... but the defense is starting to get up there in age, and despite having the coach and the quarterback in their primes, the pieces around them on D are starting to crumble... and well we really don't know what we will see from Moss this year (word is already he's limping around on a hamstring and Stallworth is just as fragile)... but still they're gonna be good... again... and win the division... again... but just not be good enough.... again!

New York Jets: (Record 8-8)
And look... they're already shaking their heads and going "it's Scott hating the Jets again".. but look.. and be honest... this team snuck up on a lot of people, had ZERO injuries last year and even got some breaks (like playing the Titans when that drunken idiot Kerry Collins was the QB), and lead their fans on a wonderful
magic ride last year.... that doesn't happen two years in a row in the NFL...and not to mention this year's schedule is a LOT harder then last year's... are they a better team? YES... but so is their top competition in New England and the NFC East may beat up on them a little this year... and someone important will get hurt... I do think this can be a better team and have a better season... and have a worse record... this may be the old clich take a step back to move two forward season for the Jets if you ask me....

Buffalo Bills: (Record 6-10)
The Bills are a rough team to get a feel for also... JP Losman some weeks looks like mister all pro super universe fantasy QB Stud.. and other weeks he'll make you cry for Rex Grossman... seriously!!! Add to that a defense that took more losses in free agency then even their NHL counter-part, the Sabers, and it just seems like a NOT YET kinda year for the Bills...

Miami Dolphins: (Record 5-11)
I look at this team and this roster and up and down and I go YUCK.. yes Ronnie Brown is good.. Chambers is a borderline above average receiver at BEST... another new coach (you know the genius that forgot about giving he ball to Tomlinson in last year's playoff game I ranted about before) and a roster that needs almost a TOTAL revamp (Trent Green as your QB, come on... even HERM knew better and he throws the ball six times a week!) .... add in an aging defense and it just spells bad times in Miami as well!!

AFC North:[br]
Baltimore Ravens (Record 11-5)

Another one of those teams that just had it's foot in the door only to get it slammed on it's foot by it's own "offensive genius" in charge... and yes I mean YOU HERMAN MUNSTER COACH!!!! This team had all the tools last year (Ok, well maybe Jamal Lewis is finished... and sending him to the Browns will only make that more obvious) and now with Steve McNair getting a full training camp under his belt and a MASSIVE upgrade at running back (and we all know how ex-Bill players THRIVE when they get sent away right?)... and the same awesome defense and solid special teams, it really seems like this could be the year of no excuses allowed with the Ravens (but I still think San Diego and even the Colts might be better)...the sky could be the limit
for an aging team trying for one last hurrah.

Pittsburgh Steelers: (Record 10-6)
New coach... new system... sane good players but a HEALTHY and ready to go Ben Rothelsberger is the difference here and now on this Steeler team as opposed to last year's debacle... all the keys are in place here and while we won't get the magic carpet ride of 2005, to the 25-car pile up (oops... should not mention motor
vehicles and accidents around Big Ben) that was last year's Steelers... but something in between, and that looks like a tough out in the playoffs from here

Cincinnati Bengalis: (Record 10-6)
Could this be the year Marvin Lewis puts it all together, or at least keeps his fvcking team out of jail and OUT of TNA Wrestling rings? I don't know... again this team on paper has the talent the skill and the depth to dominate any team in the league if they wanted too... but it always seems to be about more with this team.. be it heart... or a late missed field goal... or half the team trying out for the prison league... some thing outside of the X's and O's seems to get in this team's way and until proven otherwise I have to believe this will happen again to this team.

Cleveland Browns: (Record 2-14)
It's a shame because this team REALLY does improve each year... but they are stuck in one of the most BRUTAL 4-team divisions in sports here (put them in the NFC Central and I pick them to win it no doubt)

AFC South:

Indianapolis Colts: (Record 11-5)

Well they won the Super Bowl right? (argh, fvck you again Marty Schottenheimrr)... but I'm still amazed at it... don't get me wrong their offense is still dynamic and the best 1-2 WR combo in football since Rice and Taylor ... but like the Steelers the year before, EVERYTHING fell right for this team (and lest we not forget that Manning was still average at best in the playoffs, as well as the Herm factor which set them on their way in the playoffs) ... they're good.. they're the class of the division, but there ain't gonna be no repeat ..and a few key losses... like the LT and losing Domenic Rhodes to the Raiders (What was HE thinking?!?!).. it's just enough to take them
down a peg they were a bit fortunate to even get to in the first place!

Jacksonville Jaguars: (Record 9-7)
I like this team, I really do... Del Rio has put together a gritty, tough battling team that will punch you in the face until it bleeds type of team, and the RB combo of Jones-Drew and Fragile Freddy Taylor may only be behind the Deuce/Reggie Bush combo in New Orleans! The defense is good and tough and plays well together.. but you know the old saying..."When you have two quarterbacks you have NONE"... so imagine if you had three... so the Jags have minus one quarterbacks :P... and until they get that fixed they ain't going nowhere ....this team is pretty good and I like watching them... but they ain't there yet...(though I like the choice of going with Garrard over Leftwich... at least for now... it's a good start!)

Tennessee Titans: (Record 8-8)
One of the real feel-good fun to watch stories of last year was the in front of our eyes growth and progression of Vince Young from college football to being a real Quarterback and how the Titans almost snuck their way into the AFC Playoffs behind his arm legs and skill for improve (basically take Michael Vick... give him passing talent and remove the penchant for dog fighting and you get Vince!), young team talent all over the place... WELL coached by Jeff Fisher (I wanted him in Dallas)... though speaking of Vick... the loss of Pac-Man Jones
to his own convict ways is gonna bite the Titans in the rump this year as he added a LOT to the secondary and was lethal in the return game (and frankly SUCKS in the wrestling and the fans are sh!tting on him like PETA does to Vick!)... but I don't think the Titans are gonna sneak up on ANYONE this year and much like the Jets, the steps forward may not show in the Win/Loss Column this year.

Houston Texans: (Record 6-10)
Matt Schaub is a massive upgrade at the Quarterback spot (though hope he can stay more upright then David Carr did)... and the Texans have worked a little on the defense and making a team around the guy they passed on Reggie Bush for (who cares what his name is.. he will be forever known for that and only that!)... I'm not a big fan or Armani Green in the backfield... I think he's close to finished and I don't know what he can offer with this crappy line in Houston... though I think they are going in the right way now, just sometimes
it's tough to make the jump out of the basement in this league, but this will be a better team all-around.

AFC West:[br]
San Diego Chargers: (Record 13-3)

Have I ranted enough about the playoffs last year?? I bet I have... well what do you need to know about this team? Best RB in the NFL since Emmitt Smith.. check... best TE in the league... check... good aggressive defense that has stars all over the field... check... improving Quarterback who showed flashes last year... check... head coach who KNOWS HOW TO COACH AN OFFENSE... oh yeah... the Chargers really have everything they need to win it all and the only thing that seems to stunt them is them, and hopefully the upgrade in coach (but be honest.. Wayne Fontes is an upgrade to Marty-Ball), and the sky could be the limit in San Diego!

Denver Broncos: (Record 11-5)
Yes Mike Shanahan is a weasel and douche who threw Jake Plummer under the bus and tossed Jay Cutler into the sh!t before he was ready... but he did it for good reason and with THIS year in mind... another team that has all the tools to succeed in the NFL.. Javon Walker is ready to become a legit WR star in this league... the defense is good again and the secondary is scary good for takeaways and adding Travis Henry behind that Denver O-Line (and to add to that.. we could WALK for 1100 yards the way Denver blocks)... this team looks
like a playoff team that could be scary come January!

Kansas City Chiefs: (Record 8-8)
Herm, oh Herm... Herm.. Herm... Herm...how can we count the ways that you've broken this team?? Let us begin with that playoff game and the lovely visual of Ty Law screaming HOLY fvckING sh!t into the camera as the Chiefs yet AGAIN went three and out as you again and again and again shoved Trent Green and his broken down ways onto the field to suck it up hardcore in the playoffs with more bad predictable offense and bland vanilla offensive ways... hopefully Damon Huard wins the job and gets a chance to show that last year was no fluke (and make no mistake it was HUARD running the team that got them into the playoffs)...and that he can lead this team... and as long as Herm doesn't kill Larry Johnson with inside draws and left guard trap plays until he snaps... the Chiefs will be in the playoff hunt, but I have faith that Herm will fvck it up somehow!!

Oakland Raiders: (Record 5-11)
Sometimes life just takes a heaping sh!t on you and all you can do is sit in the bowl and hope to take a LONG shower when it's all over and cleanse the mess... the Raiders are in such a bowl this year... LOOK AT THE OTHER TEAMS IN THIS DIVISION... you look at them and they START in an 0-6 hole on that alone!! Will the offense be better??? Better question is could it possibly be WORSE? ..Well Herm could be the coach... anyway ....they'll make steps.. and Russell will eventually come in and add some excitement but this is the very
beginning of starting over in Oakland... so don't expect much this year but it will be interesting to see if Jerry Porter and Russell can learn to gel as a WR/QB combo over time...other then that... not much to see here!

Playoffs:Chargers, Colts, Ravens, Patriots, Steelers, Broncos[/font]
AFC Champion: Chargers

NFC:
NFC East:
Dallas Cowboys: (Record 12-4)

I really really do hate talking good things about the teams I root for ... but there's so much to like about this Cowboys team, the defense is good and has stars at almost every key position... the offensive line is improved the running game is solid and deep... the Receivers are as good as any in football... and you'd have to think that the Tony Romo, the Pro Bowl player is more of what you will get then the Tony Romo who was handcuffed because Bill Parcells could not adapt on offense and defense to the NFL's adjustments....I don't think Wade Phillips needs to be Super Coach to take this team far (hell look what Barry Switzer did :P) ... and player for player only the Saints and maybe Seattle can match the Cowboys player for player!

Philadelphia Eagles: (Record 10-6)
I like this team as well (if they weren't in that cesspool called Phily I'd root for them).... McNabb was having an MVP Season before he got hurt... again... last time McNabb played a full season they ended up in the Super Bowl... I don't think McNabb will last the season anymore... but hopefully he is smart enough to stay healthy until late... and since you can't predict injuries... they have 10-6 type talent so that will be my prediction!

Washington Redskins: (Record 7-9)
The big million dollar question here is Jason Campbell... is this guy the real deal? Hell if this guy is even better then Mark Brunell two years ago this could be a playoff team as well... Clinton Portis makes McNabb look tough and unbreakable as well... but I think Ladell Betts has stepped up and is the better back now even... the defense should improve with a year under their belt, and this team may be on the up here... but not sure if old man gibbs is the dude for the job anymore.....

New York Giants: (Record 6-10)[/font]
Yes I DO hate the Giants (but more for their personnel and the fans I deal with each week more then the uniform they are wearing :P)... but I can't see ANY way and any person who is going to tell me this team is better then it was last year... and last they barely found a way to scratch and claw up to 8-8 and sneak in the playoffs because the NFC is bad comedy now!! Take away maybe the best RB the team has ever had, add a mediocre back like Droughns, no one knows if Brandon Jacobs can handle the load.... the uncertainty of Michael Strahan (who yeah did end his holdout.. but he's old and close to broken down now anyway)... and oh yeah... the team HATES the coach and this is as "me centered" a team as the NFL has... it's not gonna be pretty for the Giants this year!

NFC North:
Chicago Bears: (Record 9-7)

Division winners again almost by default, as this division is as PUTRID as you will find in ANY sport (if the Browns were in the NFC North I'd pick them to win it ... seriously)...Rex Grossman is about as inconsistent and
erratic as Sybil would be as a quarterback... Cedric Benson for YEARS has been trying to take the starting job from Thomas Jones (who is a solid but average back at best in himself and if Benson can't be better then that I'm NOT sold on him)... the WR core is average but Berrian will put the fear of God in you, and the defense is taking more hits then David Stern with referees on the take (though no sports commissioner is a bigger weasel and deserve the agony)... I really see a large and heavy fall for the Bears this year.... so why Scott do
you pick them to win the North ?? BECAUSE THIS DIVISION SUCKS THE BIG HAIRY MAN SIZES BOLOGNA COCK!!!!!

Minnesota Vikings: (Record 7-9)
One of those types of teams I always seem to like to pull for, that's what the Vikings are now... an NFC version of the Jaguars, they run the ball good (and that will only get better with Adrian Peterson getting carries now), they play stellar defense (well until they play New England who just embarrasses and exposes them for all the league to see), good special teams... but Tavares Jackson as your quarterback? Come on!! Is this REALLY the best you can do? Well not anymore since they added Kelly Holocomb in the last week.. but it's going to take him at least a month to get into the system and the play calling the Vikings have (shame this isn't Techmo Bowl where you just plug them in and call pass play B!)...if they can get ANYTHING from the Quarterback position and the rest of the team plays like it does last year I could be wrong and this could be your NFC North winners... but I ain't buying till I see a better sales pitch from the man under center!

Green Bay Packers: (Record 7-9)
People called the Packers 8- season last year a testament to Brett Favre and his ability with a young cast of nobodies around him... I tend to be a bit more realistic about it (and I still think as long as Favre is on this team they will never properly rebuild and be stuck as an average to bad team for as long as number 4 hangs around) and realize that all the Packers did was beat up on some really sh!tty teams! (Losses to the Bears, Saints, Eagles, Rams, Bills, Pats, Seattle and Jets... while only beating the Lions (twice), Miami, Arizona, the Vikings (twice), the 49ers.. and a Bears team that was too busy having their New Year's Party to bother playing a football game!) their defense is awful and there are holes all over this team and not to mention Brett Favre ain't what he used to be! (18 TD to 18 INT)...the Packers were the darlings of the NFL Schedule and I think everyone else got better around them and they won't have it this easy this time around!

Detroit Lions: (Record 6-10)
Oh Lord Matt Millen... is there a more entertaining exec in all of football?? Are people already taking bets on what WR he takes next year in the draft? Can this team develop an offensive line and a REAL QB (I don't
care what his numbers were JOHN KITNA STINKS!!!) Can Kevin Jones come back from his knee ligament tear? and if not is Tatum Bell the answer? This team may actually be on the right way to fixing the ship (sad to think they STILL miss Wayne Fontes though ain't it?)... but it's not all going to happen this year... so sit back and enjoy that buffoon Mike Martz's offense and watch for Kitna to get spilt in two because of it... same old Lions here!

NFC South:
New Orleans Saints: (Record 11-5)

For an NFC Team, this team is pretty loaded... skill and depth and talent in the backfield... capable receivers and a defense that was 3rd against the pass, and middle of the pack in the all important points allowed,
this team seems to have it all. They will need to improve on that 23rd against the run ranking but they have the next big time coach in Sean Peyton who is going to prove that last year no fluke, and his team may be the most dangerous, and fun to watch team in the NFC... I would not be shocked to see them running
through the NFC and representing them in the Super Bowl this year!

Carolina Panthers: (Record 10-6)
Is there a more up and down and hard to predict team then the Panthers? Every year they seem to have all the talent and all the pieces to get back to the Super Bowl... and every year something derails this team.. last year it was partially injuries and a total crappy year out of Jake Delhomme (2800 yards, only 17 TDs but only 11 INT)... this lead to the off-season pickup of Texan castoff David Carr (a QB who is better then the numbers will provide because he spent more time on his ass counting the lights then the legendary Brooklyn Brawler!).. adding Dewayne Jarrett in the draft is a big move too... but is it enough to put them over the hump? History says they have a big year every other year and they were WAY down last year so I'll say they bounce back
this year!

Tampa Bay Buccaneers: (Record 7-9)
Tampa sure had it rough last year eh? Chris Simms was their starter... oh wait he damn near died on the field after rupturing his spleen...and no one on the Bucs emerged to take the reigns and lead to a 4-12 debacle... the defense is still getting older and is now without Simeon Rice who was cut this pre-season.. but enter Eagles Playoff Hero (I know.. an oxymoron) Jeff Garcia to try to save the day like he did in Phily... now the guy has the ability but the (multimillion dollar question will be yet again, can John Gruden make an offense that uses Garcia's strengths (mobility and short to mid-ranger accuracy) and not work on his weak parts (you know like a Bill Parcells offense would do!)... I think he can, and I think the offense will be serviceable and certainly not the worst in the division.. but I don't think it's enough to make this team legit this year.....

Atlanta Falcons: (Record 4-12)
What a rough off-season for the Falcons indeed!! First they go and trade their best Quarterback in a show of faith in that overrated Fraud Michael Vick, and how does he repay this loyalty back to them? Well the most
overrated QB in the league since Boomer Esisason, goes out and pleads guilty to federal dogfighting and other charges sending his sorry ass to 18 months plus in the pen.. good job there! But then again y'all knew that and I just wanted to kick one more nail on the coffin of Vick since I never liked him anyway... and if you look at the rest of the team... YUCK... Joey Harrington gets yet another last shot to prove he can play QB in this league (least based on his predecessor... expectations ARE low!) Warrick Dunn is beat up... Algae Crumpler got dinged in the pre-season and this year just has clusterfvck written all over it in Atlanta... well the Braves and Thrashers made the playoffs at least... oh yeah... there's more real sports fans in LA then Atlanta anyway so those fickle bastards won't even notice! (Oh yeah and to make the Atlanta QB scenario WORSE... they are talking about getting Chris Simms from the Bucs... yeah you know the only starting QB in the league last year with LESS talent then Vick!)

NFC West:
Seattle Seahawks: (Record 10-6)

It's amazing how close to disaster Seattle was last year with both Hasselbeck and Alexander both missing extended time to injuries... good thing for them no one else in the NFC West was good enough to walk in and Ninja away the Division from them... and we won't even talk about that garbage playoff game win they got either... but this year Seattle comes back healthy and with some players with a LOT to prove...can the stars stay healthy... does Alexander have it in the tank still ? Is this still a top NFC team or is the house starting to fall out in Seattle... I think they can do just enough to keep the division but I don't see them as a contender unless Alexander has some kind of amazing season, which I'm not sure he's capable of doing anymore....

San Francisco 49ers: (Record 9-7)
Fantasy Football tidbit here, Frank Gore WILL go from fantasy football darling to odds-on most overrated player taken too high in the draft... he still has hand problems... he fumbles too much and he doesn't get into the
End Zone enough for my liking ...and losing Norv Turner who just knew when to call the plays and why will hurt him... damn shame St Louis took him because Brian Leonard would have been SO PERFECT on this team... Alex Smith also is quietly getting better each and every year and now an actual REAL receiver to throw to in Darrel Jackson will boost this team (hell it will even negate the eternal bust in Ashley Lelie coming here does to lessen the passing attack)... this team still can't play a lick of defense but again they will be a fun scrappy team to watch that like everyone else here can put the fear of losing into the Seahawks!

St. Louis Rams: (Record 9-7)
I like this team alot now... I like how they have gotten the Martz out of their system and are actually trying to play real tough NFL football... I LOVE the addition of Brian Leonard as a spot back for Steven Jackson as well as full back and goal-line monster. I do think this division is COMPLETELY wide open and any of the 4 teams could win it, it's just going to be a matter of who beats up on who the most... and unlike a lot of teams I really
have nothing bad to say about the Rams or anything they did... ok so they lost Kevin Curtis cause Phily got desperate but they not only rebounded, but upgraded, in getting the other good white WR in the NFL Drew Bennett, they won't dazzle you... they won't blow you out.. but they'll be a tough team all 16 weeks
and they will scare a good team or two on the way!

Arizona Cardinals: (Record 7-9)
Wow.. another division where the teams are not so far apart from
best to worst... must be the NFC :P... but the Cardinals may ACTUALLY BE GETTING IT RIGHT... heh... I like the new coach from Pittsburgh (I'm too lazy to go check the spelling on his name), the guy has a rsum and pedigree that should be able to turn things around with the Cardinals... he's already worked on upgrading the offensive line, which will make Edgarin James viable again which will only make this offense scarier... Anquain Boldin is a Heinz Ward clone pretty much and we know this guy know how to use a player like him...and for
once things may be on the UP in Phoenix! This is a legit sleeper team in the NFC where anything can truly happen!

Playoffs:[br]
Dallas, New Orleans, Seattle, Chicago, Phily, Carolina[/p]
NFC Champion: New Orleans Saints

Edited by CRASHER, 03 September 2007 - 09:56 AM.

Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#2 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,849 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 12:24 PM

RE Patroits:

... but just not be good enough.... again!

How much of that is unbiased opinion and how much wishful thinking? :P

I am so much looking forward to next Sunday. It will be my first NFL Sunday since I got the plasma TV. :)

I don't think the Browns are as bad or the Rams as good as you think, but a very good preview.

Edited by Don, 03 September 2007 - 12:25 PM.

"Lock'n'Load!" - Denny Crane
"Denny Crane!" - Denny Crane
"Trix are for kids!" - Denny Crane
"I hate cling-ons!" - Denny Crane

#3 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 12:26 PM

Afc EAST.

1.New England Patriots: 12-4

Last year Pats weakness were their Wide reiceivers. This Off-season, they added Donte Stallworth,Randy Moss,Wes Walker,Kelley Washington.Well, we all know Moss isn't the WR that he used to be in his prime time(Back in with the Vikings) But that could change, with a QB such as "Mister Clutch" Tom Brady .Donte Stallworth..He's a good WR, but he's still an injury prone.As for Welker and Washington they were Depth moves(#3-5WR.)You look at that defense, They have so much depth.Linebackers?Thomas,Vrabel,Bruschi,Colvin.That's a hell of a group if you ask me, But the 2middle guys, are getting older(33 and 35..) And both of them, Are getting less effective...Overall, the Pats Offense/Defense are very good, and this team are definately a Contender for the Superbowl..Wouldn't surprise me.

2.New York Jets: 9-7

Humm...I always thought, last year Jets were a lucky team.They had an easy schedule, and they still managed to win 10games with a ranked 20defense-20Offense, .This year..They won't have a chance for it, Just look at the schedule, .The loss of Kendall on the O-line will be reflected, (Redskins got a good trade..) still, the Jets got better by getting Thomas Jones,Darelle Revis(Via Draft.)They've got a good O-line, Good RB's , Good Wr's, but again, their D-line is still a question, and same goes for Chad Pennington..Last year, He had a 17tds-16ints season..That's decent, not the best one.His arm is less stronger, but he still has a Good accurancy.Overall, they play in a tought division, controlled by the Pats, and with a tought schedule..9-7 seems realistic.

3.Buffalo Bills: 6-10

Ouch.Thats the word to describe Bills off-season.They lost Fletcher,Clements,McGahee,Spikes for... Poluszny,Lynch...Now their Defensive is unproven, their Linebackers are still a question since the lost of Spikes and Fletcher, same goes for the O-line...Losman proved some times he was the QB..And some times, he didn't.THis season will be a break-out season for him..

Too many losses during their Off-season ..With a difficult season..6-10 seems ok.

4.Miami Dolphins: 6-10

Humm ok..There were lot of questions during the Dolphins Off-season.They passed on Quinn for Ginn Jr(I still think Ginn Jr is an amazing Punt/Kick returner and decent WR..)They draft Johny Beck out of BYU, Lorenzo Booker out of Florida St(To help Brown as his Back-up)..And after they Trade up for Trent Green...I mean, the guy is out of it, he isn't that QB back in Chiefs days, .You take a look at that O-line, and wonder why Culppepper got sacked so many times..That's a weak O-line, and with Defenses such as Baltimore,Pittsburgh,Pats(2times),ect..Ronnie Brown hasn't shown so far , a Good season...This might be a difficult year for the Dolphins Offense, ...Their defense is still among the best units in the NFL...Capers is a very good D-Coordinator, You have as your Line-Backers: Crowder,Porter,Thomas,...Taylor/Holliday/Roth as your D-line, and their Secondary is Decent.
Overall..Miami Defense might be the only thing that the Miami fans will enjoy this upcoming season..

AFC NORTH

1.Baltimore Ravens: 11-5

Ravens Defense even with the loss of Thomas, is still one of the best, They have an agressie secondary with Rolle,McCalister,Ed Reed,Lawdry(?)And Lewis is still there to captain the guys..They have a young and talented O-line, and with the additiob of Willis McGahee they have finnally a RB that has versality, ( can catchs passes,Lewis was weak in that section..) McNair has still his weapons to throw to: Mason,Heap,Clayton..And with a talented RB in McGahee..They have all the weapons to win the AFC North divison...

2.Pittsburgh Steelers 10-6

The key this year,will be Big Ben.If he can regain his form from his first 2years in the NFL, excellent.The Pittsburgh O-line is still a weakness , they accored for about 46sacks last year(Wonder why Big Ben had to force the play all time?)But still, Willie Parker showed to the fans, he was the real feature back, with 1.4k yards, 10tds..The Steelers lost Porter, and replaced him by Timmons/Woodley, which is a good thing, since Joey play's wasn't good last season..You have a new system,new coach,new philosophy.The new OC ,Bruce Arians, will use more Heath miller/Matt Spaeth as Receivers than blockers, and there'll be more WR'S formation.That defense is healthy and talented.Hampton,Farrior,Polamalu.

3.Cincinnati Bengals 9-7

They have one of the best Offenses in this league, but again, Their defense is still weak, with the suspension of Odell Thurman(Will he play in the Nfl..WILL HE??!?!)The return of some O-liners(Levi Jones ect..) Might help Palmer/the running game....The Bengals again, have too much distaction out of the field(Chris Henry suspension,Thurman suspension..) Wonder when Lewis will finnaly say: "THERE ARE NO PLAYERS WHO ARE SUSPENDED IN MY TEAM"!!!

4.Clevelend Browns 5-11

They have Brady Quinn...Fine, but he won't get any starts for the 7first games..The Browns plays 5-6 top 10 ranked Defense last year, Thats not the way you want to start your Rookie QB..The Browns O-line might improve with Joe Thomas, but their D-line is very weak,(Todd Washington is 39!)And having Charlie Frye as your Starting Qb, isn't confident....An other gloom and doom year for the Browns fans.

(I'll do the other Divisions later..I have to go ;()

Edited by TravisZajac, 03 September 2007 - 12:27 PM.

Posted Image

#4 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,456 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 02:11 PM

RE Patroits:
How much of that is unbiased opinion and how much wishful thinking? :P

I am so much looking forward to next Sunday. It will be my first NFL Sunday since I got the plasma TV. :)

I don't think the Browns are as bad or the Rams as good as you think, but a very good preview.

Don, they've already had a major injury AND suspension on defense (don't tell Ayl... he thinks Rodney Harrison is MARVIN :giggle: ).... I really hold no ill will to the Pats... I just don't think as whole they are as complete a team as some of the other teams in the AFC (I put them 3rd behind SD and Baltimore personally)

and I DON'T think the Browns are bad... their schedule is brutal
(I should make a note of this... I made my win loss predictions on the plane going up and down the schedule writing W and L next to them and counted)

that first football Sunday is like Christmas morning for men ain't it ??? B )

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#5 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,908 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 02:19 PM

I LOVE that everyone thinks the Dolphins will suck this year. Love it. Maybe this will finally be the year we surprise people in a good way for once.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#6 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 03:08 PM

I LOVE that everyone thinks the Dolphins will suck this year. Love it. Maybe this will finally be the year we surprise people in a good way for once.

Man, Sorry but I can't think Trent Green can lead the Dolphins with that O-line into the Playoffs.They have everything they need, They have a good running game,Good Defense, but that O-line and QB just cut it off.

Hey...Maybe they'll surprise every one..Who knows?
Posted Image

#7 LetsGoDevils

LetsGoDevils

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,177 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 07:34 PM

:clap: COLTS!! :clap:

Division Title and a 12-4 record! Book it.

Repeat! :boogie: Repeat!
So Say We All

#8 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,170 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 09:05 AM

J! E! T! S! .. JETS! JETS! JETS!!

Too bad we have to face New England opening game =(.. at least we're Home though
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#9 TrentonDevils

TrentonDevils

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 09:09 AM

Who wrote this garbage?
This is one of the worst analyzations of the upcoming season Ive seen so far...
"If you don't think drugs have done good things for us, then take all of your records, tapes and CD's and burn them" - Bill Hicks
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out."
-Bill Hicks

"Facts are stupid things" - President Ronald Reagan

Posted Image

#10 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 09:10 AM

New England may very well win, but let's put it this way: I wouldn't go near that game if I was in a King of the Hill pool.

#11 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,456 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 09:16 AM

Ah, you know as much and as nice as the compliments always are

there is nothing that brings me greater joy then pure hate and disdain of my work.... I feel I can work a full day now... thank you!!! :koolaid: :thumbsup:

#12 TrentonDevils

TrentonDevils

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 09:25 AM

Ah, you know as much and as nice as the compliments always are

there is nothing that brings me greater joy then pure hate and disdain of my work.... I feel I can work a full day now... thank you!!! :koolaid: :thumbsup:

Whats Norv Turners record as HC?
"If you don't think drugs have done good things for us, then take all of your records, tapes and CD's and burn them" - Bill Hicks
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out."
-Bill Hicks

Posted Image

#13 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,456 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 09:29 AM

Whats Norv Turners record as HC?

Who cares?
When did he have the talent he has NOW in front of him?

You can't compare those crap Redskin and Raider teams to this MACHINE he's in charge of now
even that moron Schottenheimer would have won playoff games with this Charger team if he runs the best fvcking running back we've seen in the last 20 years MORE THEN EIGHT TIMES IN THE SECOND HALF
When you have the talent in the NFL winning is easier... ask Barry Switzer :P

How many years did Cowlher and Dungy choke year after year before getting over the hump??

#14 TrentonDevils

TrentonDevils

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 09:38 AM

Who cares?
When did he have the talent he has NOW in front of him?

You can't compare those crap Redskin and Raider teams to this MACHINE he's in charge of now
even that moron Schottenheimer would have won playoff games with this Charger team if he runs the best fvcking running back we've seen in the last 20 years MORE THEN EIGHT TIMES IN THE SECOND HALF
When you have the talent in the NFL winning is easier... ask Barry Switzer :P

How many years did Cowlher and Dungy choke year after year before getting over the hump??

Youre right that Turner has a lot more talent, and I could lead the Chargers to 10 victories....but hes not a good HC, so dont fool yourself, I see your obviously a Chargers fan. But he is much better suited to an OC positon than a HC one.

Also, SD still runs his offense from when he was there the first time, so the play calling will change very little. If anything itll just be more LT.
-Bill Hicks

Posted Image

#15 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,456 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 09:49 AM

heh, that's a first... no I'm a Cowboys fan (it's kinda blatantly said in the preview :P)
I do like Norv though... he was a good OC in Dallas (and better then Wandstat as a HC)
and I had Tomlinson, Rivers and Gates in my leagues last year so I grew a following for them

and I was still pretty pissed at how they blew the Super Bowl appearance that was HANDED to them based on their regular season

this Charger team doesn't really need a hands-on head coach... they need a Joe Torre type who can manage the stars they have and let them do their thing... there's no positional weaknesses or blatant flaws on this whole roster, and that's why I pick them to win it all... I don't look at what ya got... I look at what ya DON'T got... and they don't have much in the "don't got" list

#16 TrentonDevils

TrentonDevils

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 09:52 AM

heh, that's a first... no I'm a Cowboys fan (it's kinda blatantly said in the preview :P)
I do like Norv though... he was a good OC in Dallas (and better then Wandstat as a HC)
and I had Tomlinson, Rivers and Gates in my leagues last year so I grew a following for them

and I was still pretty pissed at how they blew the Super Bowl appearance that was HANDED to them based on their regular season

this Charger team doesn't really need a hands-on head coach... they need a Joe Torre type who can manage the stars they have and let them do their thing... there's no positional weaknesses or blatant flaws on this whole roster, and that's why I pick them to win it all... I don't look at what ya got... I look at what ya DON'T got... and they don't have much in the "don't got" list

I agree, for the most part. They dont need to be micromanaged, so to speak. And now I see why you have the boys going 12-4.

Also, it must just be like a phermone thing for me to hate your analysis, since Im a niners fan and youre a boys fan..... :rant:

BTW...The niners D will surprise you this year. They WILL win that division. Write it down

Edited by TrentonDevils, 04 September 2007 - 09:53 AM.

-Bill Hicks

Posted Image

#17 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 09:53 AM

this Charger team doesn't really need a hands-on head coach... they need a Joe Torre type who can manage the stars they have and let them do their thing

Just 'cause it worked for Barry Switzer ...

#18 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,924 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 10:10 AM

Who wrote this garbage?
This is one of the worst analyzations of the upcoming season Ive seen so far...

Why? Because he did not overhype your Niners?

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#19 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,456 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 10:11 AM

I agree, for the most part. They dont need to be micromanaged, so to speak. And now I see why you have the boys going 12-4.
Also, it must just be like a phermone thing for me to hate your analysis, since Im a niners fan and youre a boys fan..... :rant:

BTW...The niners D will surprise you this year. They WILL win that division. Write it down

It was actually painful for me to predict the Cowboys as being good... people who've been on here long enough know it's like drawing blood for me to get pumped up about one of my teams before they do anything... but this year I just can't see it... the talent IS there... and the coach is even letting the talent play to it's strength instead of the coach trying to make the talent play his way (hrrmmm :P).... I get a bit like clown who gives up on the season before pre-season starts!!! :noclue:

the Niners will be fun to watch and I do like their scrappiness... but I see them taking a step back this year (kinda like the Jets)... and I said ANY of those four teams could win that division and it'd not shock me any!

#20 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,446 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 10:17 AM

pretty good there crasher

i really don't see the cowboys going 12-4 - romo is overrated and barber/jones doesn't scare anyone

the bears are also better than 9-7. they still have a ridiculous defense - grossman will lose 2 games for them by himself but he isn't *that* bad.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users