97 replies to this topic

#21 Devilish34

Devilish34

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 10:17 AM

I LOVE that everyone thinks the Dolphins will suck this year. Love it. Maybe this will finally be the year we surprise people in a good way for once.

:rofl:

86 the Kool Ade -- we need some fvcking icewater for these pussies

Posted ImageRIP Bill 1931-2007
RIP Major/Dr. John Paul Pryor killed in Iraq on 12/25/08. You will be greatly missed and can never be replaced.
What Happened To Dr Pryor?

You might be a Redneck if you brag about running a 11.57@118.14Posted Image

#22 TrentonDevils

TrentonDevils

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 10:39 AM

Why? Because he did not overhype your Niners?

Exactly.
"If you don't think drugs have done good things for us, then take all of your records, tapes and CD's and burn them" - Bill Hicks
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out."
-Bill Hicks

"Facts are stupid things" - President Ronald Reagan

Posted Image

#23 TrentonDevils

TrentonDevils

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 10:43 AM

It was actually painful for me to predict the Cowboys as being good... people who've been on here long enough know it's like drawing blood for me to get pumped up about one of my teams before they do anything... but this year I just can't see it... the talent IS there... and the coach is even letting the talent play to it's strength instead of the coach trying to make the talent play his way (hrrmmm :P).... I get a bit like clown who gives up on the season before pre-season starts!!! :noclue:

the Niners will be fun to watch and I do like their scrappiness... but I see them taking a step back this year (kinda like the Jets)... and I said ANY of those four teams could win that division and it'd not shock me any!

Yeah. I mean the Cowboys on paper are great. THey SHOULD win 11 games they could pull out 12.

The Niners could really go either way...at best I have them at 11-5, and at worst 8-8. They will definitely improve, they got infinitely better on defense, with Nate Clements (i know hes overrated, still a great corner) and Tully Banta-Cain, and even Michael Lewis is a good run support safety. Alex Smith should continue his ascent into being a top ten QB in the leauge, and with a few more weapons around him and a healthy Vernon Davis, they should be alright. If everything gels, they are a playoff team that could scare some people. But I think they are a year or two away from being a lock for postseason play. Mike Nolan has done an amazing job after inheriting a 2-14 club.

Also, in Madden 08', their secondary intercepts about 4 -5 passes per game. hahahah.

Edited by TrentonDevils, 04 September 2007 - 10:46 AM.

"If you don't think drugs have done good things for us, then take all of your records, tapes and CD's and burn them" - Bill Hicks
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out."
-Bill Hicks

Posted Image

#24 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,452 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 11:50 AM

the NFC East has a pretty light schedule this year... it's why maybe some of the records are 1-2 games inflated... and I'm sorta taking the Kurt Warner theory on Romo (when Trent Green went down I drafted Warner cause there was so much talent around him it was bound to make him better and a more servicable QB then he should be... and he took off based on the personnel around him)... I think with a smarter more in touch coaching staff and an improved team around him built on using those weapons... Romo will be a better QB then he SHOULD be at this point... maybe I shoulda made that an 11-5 pick (always sounds a bit nicer)...but hey at least i'm not resorting to using the ever-effective "Madden Defense" :lol:
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#25 TrentonDevils

TrentonDevils

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 11:52 AM

the NFC East has a pretty light schedule this year... it's why maybe some of the records are 1-2 games inflated... and I'm sorta taking the Kurt Warner theory on Romo (when Trent Green went down I drafted Warner cause there was so much talent around him it was bound to make him better and a more servicable QB then he should be... and he took off based on the personnel around him)... I think with a smarter more in touch coaching staff and an improved team around him built on using those weapons... Romo will be a better QB then he SHOULD be at this point... maybe I shoulda made that an 11-5 pick (always sounds a bit nicer)...but hey at least i'm not resorting to using the ever-effective "Madden Defense" :lol:

Well in Madden, I beat the Rams 45-3 last night. so :P
-Bill Hicks

Posted Image

#26 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 12:05 PM

Despite the talent, I don't like the Charger pick to make the Super Bowl. Stability and good coaching usually means a lot in the NFL, and the Chargers have gone through a lot of change and have made a questionable decision to not only fire Schottenheimer but hire Norv Turner, who has been a brilliant assistant but a failure as a head coach. You want to say he had bad teams, fine, but I think there's more to Norv's story than that.

#27 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,452 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 12:08 PM

You want to say he had bad teams, fine, but I think there's more to Norv's story than that.

Guess we'll find out this year eh?
He's got NO excuse this year if they don't get to the big show... well unless Rivers and Tomlinson and Gates all get hurt :P
(they even have good backups in Volek and Turner as well)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#28 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 12:13 PM

Guess we'll find out this year eh?
He's got NO excuse this year if they don't get to the big show... well unless Rivers and Tomlinson and Gates all get hurt :P
(they even have good backups in Volek and Turner as well)

They are unquestionably loaded with talent on both sides of the ball but it would not shock me if Denver finished ahead of them. It would shock me if the Chiefs did, though. :)

#29 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,452 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 12:20 PM

They are unquestionably loaded with talent on both sides of the ball but it would not shock me if Denver finished ahead of them. It would shock me if the Chiefs did, though. :)

I am very high on that Bronco team too... lots of good players all over the place as well...I can see Cutler having a bit more growing pains then Rivers will (Shanhan is not as player nice a coach as Norv is... and may toss Cutler under the bus a bit more... and may HAVE too)... but the only places I can see Denver having an edge on SD are Coach, WR and CB... Denver is a playoff team though... least in my football watching eyes!

#30 TrentonDevils

TrentonDevils

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 12:52 PM

Despite the talent, I don't like the Charger pick to make the Super Bowl. Stability and good coaching usually means a lot in the NFL, and the Chargers have gone through a lot of change and have made a questionable decision to not only fire Schottenheimer but hire Norv Turner, who has been a brilliant assistant but a failure as a head coach. You want to say he had bad teams, fine, but I think there's more to Norv's story than that.

I agree, Norv is a great OC, not so sure about HC
-Bill Hicks

Posted Image

#31 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,891 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 01:33 PM

:rofl:

Pile it on, please!! Keep it coming!! :lol:
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#32 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 02:06 PM

Death, taxes, Dolphins make the playoffs. All 3 used to be sure things ... but I am really dating myself with that comment.

#33 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,891 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 02:12 PM

Death, taxes, Dolphins make the playoffs. All 3 used to be sure things ... but I am really dating myself with that comment.

Yes you are bro. You can now replace "make" with "miss". :(
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#34 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 04:05 PM

Yeah. I mean the Cowboys on paper are great. THey SHOULD win 11 games they could pull out 12.

The Niners could really go either way...at best I have them at 11-5, and at worst 8-8. They will definitely improve, they got infinitely better on defense, with Nate Clements (i know hes overrated, still a great corner) and Tully Banta-Cain, and even Michael Lewis is a good run support safety. Alex Smith should continue his ascent into being a top ten QB in the leauge, and with a few more weapons around him and a healthy Vernon Davis, they should be alright. If everything gels, they are a playoff team that could scare some people. But I think they are a year or two away from being a lock for postseason play. Mike Nolan has done an amazing job after inheriting a 2-14 club.

Also, in Madden 08', their secondary intercepts about 4 -5 passes per game. hahahah.

Michael Lewis got benched at the end of the season,he wasn't playing very goodly...As for Alex Smith, he won't be a Top 10 QB next season, maybe in 2-3seasons.

Their defense is still a question, Look at their D-line, Young is like 35?And their secondary is decent.Their linebackers though are a good one, But when you have Kwame Harris as a Starter O-liner, that O-line is weak.

So... 8-8 or 9-7 seems realistic.
Posted Image

#35 TrentonDevils

TrentonDevils

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 11:09 AM

Michael Lewis got benched at the end of the season,he wasn't playing very goodly...As for Alex Smith, he won't be a Top 10 QB next season, maybe in 2-3seasons.

Their defense is still a question, Look at their D-line, Young is like 35?And their secondary is decent.Their linebackers though are a good one, But when you have Kwame Harris as a Starter O-liner, that O-line is weak.

So... 8-8 or 9-7 seems realistic.

Kwame isnt a starter anymore. Its 1st round BEAST Joe Staley.
Michael Lewis was a Pro Bowler two years ago and I said hes a good RUN SUPPORT safety. Youre right though he played terribly in coverage for the iggles so thats why they let him go. Hes still a really hard hitter, and hell be on Nate Clements side, so he wont have to help on coverage too often.

Alex, like I said, will continue his ascent to a top 10 QB...He wont be one this year, but I think he could surprise people a lot. Havin D Jackson and a healthy V. Davis is crucial.
-Bill Hicks

Posted Image

#36 devilsadvoc8

devilsadvoc8

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 11:34 AM

I think you have the eagles and the cowboys records reversed.

The coaching on the cowboys is horrid and the impact of letting the inmates run the asylum will haunt this team all year long up to and beyond another TO episode.

I am still not sold on Romo as well.

The eagles should come out on top IMO especially with McNabb who is the best QB in the division.

Edit: I also think Curtis will be the FA acquisition of the year.

Edited by devilsadvoc8, 05 September 2007 - 11:35 AM.

Official Keeper of the 3 story statue of a hockey player by the artist J. Krawczyk.
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence- Christopher Hitchens

ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

#37 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 12:05 PM

The impact of letting the inmates run the asylum will haunt this team all year long up to and beyond another TO episode.

You can bet on another TO episode. Money in the bank.

#38 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,924 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 12:59 PM

"The View From the Banner" AFC East Picks:

AFC East:
1. New England 11-5: More problems here then E$PN wants to admit because they won't. Richard Seymour is a monster loss (6 weeks), but this team will still find a way to win this division.

2. NY Jets 9-7: Tougher schedule this year will result in a similar season, 1 win less. Pennington will be the QB, for now.

3. Buffalo 6-10: Toughest schedule in the NFL, poor CB play, injuries mounting already, and a simmering QB controversy which is ready to burst will reinforce that the Bills are the new Arizona Cardinals of the AFC.

5. Miami 6-10: If this OL can improve, they might do better, and the future will get better for Miami, not just yet though.

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#39 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 03:50 PM

Kwame isnt a starter anymore. Its 1st round BEAST Joe Staley.
Michael Lewis was a Pro Bowler two years ago and I said hes a good RUN SUPPORT safety. Youre right though he played terribly in coverage for the iggles so thats why they let him go. Hes still a really hard hitter, and hell be on Nate Clements side, so he wont have to help on coverage too often.

Alex, like I said, will continue his ascent to a top 10 QB...He wont be one this year, but I think he could surprise people a lot. Havin D Jackson and a healthy V. Davis is crucial.

Sure, But hell, In maybe 2-3seasons, The 49niners will definately be beast in the NFC WEST division.

Just need to wait..And upgrade that D-line/O-line/Secondary.
Posted Image

#40 TrentonDevils

TrentonDevils

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 04:19 PM

Sure, But hell, In maybe 2-3seasons, The 49niners will definately be beast in the NFC WEST division.
Just need to wait..And upgrade that D-line/O-line/Secondary.

The O-line was just ranked #10 in the NFL, actually..The Secondary is good, (need a safety or two though), and youre right, our D-line needs revamping...Thats what the first rounder next year will be
-Bill Hicks

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users