23 replies to this topic

#21 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,115 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 12:46 PM

I think they should get suspended like 5 games and fined for the first offense, and than make it more and more for each offense. It might cause players to think about what they are doing more and it might cut down the number of them doing this.

#22 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 06:22 PM

I really don't care if an athlete goes our and gets drunk and sleeps with Paris Hilton. I'd care if he drove while intoxicated and put other peoples lives in danger because of his or her own stupidity.

Drunk driving is never excusable and no one should be above it.

Of course it's not. It's irresponsible. He took an awful chance. Fortunately, he was okay and didn't injure others.

You can't toss him out for that. But a fine would make sense unless he's a repeat offender such as the troubled Mark Bell who apparently might not play at all this year for Toronto.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#23 SteveStevens

SteveStevens

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,503 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 06:33 PM

They need to start somewhere because all of these drunk NHL players is a bad way to get publicity.

#24 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,849 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 08:47 PM

They need to start somewhere because all of these drunk NHL players is a bad way to get publicity.

Bah. Try to find an article about this in an American newspaper. Micheal Vick is still taking up 10x the column space that Bouwmeester is gathering. This is a non-event.
"Lock'n'Load!" - Denny Crane
"Denny Crane!" - Denny Crane
"Trix are for kids!" - Denny Crane
"I hate cling-ons!" - Denny Crane

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users