• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

Poll: ? (56 member(s) have cast votes)

Which party do you align yourself with?

1. The Republicans (18 votes [32.14%])

Percentage of vote: 32.14%

2. The Democrats (14 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

3. Im an Independent (24 votes [42.86%])

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 BenedictGomez

BenedictGomez

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 09:40 AM

I guess just like in America, the Silent Majority is repubican.

I always thought the Republican Silent Majority was a funny name. It's more likely they just seem silent since virtually every major media outlook besides FOX News and Wall Street Journal is 100% controlled by Democrats.

#42 Devilsdude530

Devilsdude530

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,643 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 12:49 AM

As an 18-year old, I gotta say, a life's worth of Daily Show, FOX News, and George W. Bush have made me comitted to staying independent for the rest of my life.

You will see more and more people my age refusing to join parties because of the way partisan politics have steered our country.
Steve is now at Kukla's Korner, so check him out.

Keeper of Mr. Overtime, Patrick Elias.
Keeper of Johnny Oduya
Keeper of Kevin Weekes
Keeper of the NJ Rock 'n' Rollers
Keeper of The NHL On VERSUS and THE NHL On NBC

"Not every player is a Devil" - Lou Lamoriello

#43 NJTank99

NJTank99

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 01:20 AM

Proud Regan Conservative
ALL-TIME Wins
Martin Brodeur 595

ALL-TIME Shuouts
Martin Brodeur 108

#44 XxLancerHockeyPridexX

XxLancerHockeyPridexX

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 07:22 AM

Republicannn.
Now you trust me, I carry that so tight
I'll be there for you, if your wrong or your right
It doesn't matter, just reach out to me
I will never question, any opportunity to show you
And prove to you that I care, always you share and you've always been there
Your my best friend, it's easy to see
No matter how bad things in life can be..
...You've always got me...
Joshua James(06/20/08)

#45 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,013 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 08:04 AM

As an 18-year old, I gotta say, a life's worth of Daily Show, FOX News, and George W. Bush have made me comitted to staying independent for the rest of my life.

You will see more and more people my age refusing to join parties because of the way partisan politics have steered our country.

Every generation says that until they get into life roles and suddenly realize they think one party has their goals in mind.

#46 HelenaHandbasket

HelenaHandbasket

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 08:37 AM

I agree with Leeds in the political forum for the first time ever. Yikes. Ron Paul is a crazy person. He knows enough to not be talking about the New World Order and the gold standard and the rest on the national stage, but the nuts over at Storm Front love him for a reason, folks.

Anyhow, how many of y'all went out and voted on Tuesday? The whole New Jersey state legislature was up, along with a significant number of county and municipal level seats.

#47 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 09:55 AM

I agree with Leeds in the political forum for the first time ever. Yikes. Ron Paul is a crazy person. He knows enough to not be talking about the New World Order and the gold standard and the rest on the national stage, but the nuts over at Storm Front love him for a reason, folks.

Anyhow, how many of y'all went out and voted on Tuesday? The whole New Jersey state legislature was up, along with a significant number of county and municipal level seats.

are you implying that he's a white supremicist? Its foolish to play identity politics, every politician is supported by some group of wackos.

http://www.huffingto...-b_n_68575.html
Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#48 JesterDevil

JesterDevil

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,115 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 10:42 AM

I agree with Leeds in the political forum for the first time ever. Yikes. Ron Paul is a crazy person. He knows enough to not be talking about the New World Order and the gold standard and the rest on the national stage

Yeah because the dollar right now is doing so freaking great.
http://ftalphaville....falling-faster/

Ron Paul is one of the only candidate I've heard that at least acknowledges there's a problem. All the other ones are about spending money, Ron Paul is about saving money and getting the dollar back to where it used to be if not better.

edit: link may be slow, it's getting the "digg effect" at the moment.

Edited by JesterDevil, 08 November 2007 - 10:43 AM.

#49 Comandante

Comandante

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 08:12 AM

You mean you didn't read the part where Al Qaeda even said that they hate us because of our interventionist foreign policies? It's not our freedoms they hate. It's not because of the American dream. It's because we stick our nose where it doesn't belong. We need to stop policing the world when most of the time it's none of our business.

As a europe and swede.. Your damn right! I think the US should try to act globaly together with other countries instead of the arrogant way their doing now! And another tip, war ain't the way to solve problems!

Violence can only be right if there ain't no other way, For example if you're oppressed by a government or similiar! That's my opinion..

But after checking that guy, ron paul, i can just say he stinks.. Against WTO and FN isn't really good.. And lower taxes and "against the state"-politics are not good..

Edited by Comandante, 08 December 2007 - 11:11 AM.

#50 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,383 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 03:15 PM

As a europe and swede.. Your damn right! I think the US should try to act globaly together with other countries instead of the arrogant way their doing now! And another tip, war ain't the way to solve problems!

Violence can only be right if there ain't no other way, For example if you're oppressed by a government or similiar! That's my opinion..

But after checking that guy, ron paul, i can just say he stinks.. Against WTO and FN isn't really good.. And lower taxes and "against the state"-politics are not good..

Would you just shut up and go back to wherever the hell it is your from.
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#51 Deke

Deke

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 11:57 PM

Every generation says that until they get into life roles and suddenly realize they think one party has their goals in mind.

I'm 32, I've worked blue collar jobs my entire life and I'd say my "life role" is pretty well secure at this point.

I consider myself an independent, if theres any one party who's ideals i side with its the Green Party

Who knew? :noclue:

Also, Ron Paul lost any shread of support with his stance on Abortion. I'm sure since Ron Paul loves life he can adopt all those children from impoverished mothers who couldn't have abortions because the government took away her right to do so. :rolleyes:
Go Carp, go!
Salmonbellies rule!
Hit 'em harder cops!
But a hockey team called the Mighty Ducks?
Aw, man.

#52 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 01:05 AM

Again, ron paul's stance on abortion:

The federal government has no say on the matter, states should decide for themselves whether or not abortion should be legal, just as: States decide whether or not murder should be legal. Ron Paul believes Roe V. Wade should be overturned because he does not believe the constitution gives women the right to abort.
Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#53 Comandante

Comandante

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 02:05 PM

Would you just shut up and go back to wherever the hell it is your from.

Why should I?

#54 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,098 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 12:27 AM

To All My Democrat Friends:

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all. I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2008, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great. Not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country nor the only America in the Western Hemisphere. Also, this wish is made without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wished.

To My Republican Friends:
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#55 Devilish34

Devilish34

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 09:28 AM

To All My Democrat Friends:

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all. I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2008, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great. Not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country nor the only America in the Western Hemisphere. Also, this wish is made without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wished.

To My Republican Friends:
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

That rings of a Hallmark card :rofl:

86 the Kool Ade -- we need some fvcking icewater for these pussies

Posted ImageRIP Bill 1931-2007
RIP Major/Dr. John Paul Pryor killed in Iraq on 12/25/08. You will be greatly missed and can never be replaced.
What Happened To Dr Pryor?

You might be a Redneck if you brag about running a 11.57@118.14Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users