Photo

Marijuana

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

Poll: pot. (56 member(s) have cast votes)

Which category do you fall under

1. No, I dont use it. Arrest the potheads. (13 votes [23.21%])

Percentage of vote: 23.21%

2. I don't use it but I think it should be decriminalized (31 votes [55.36%])

Percentage of vote: 55.36%

3. I smoke pot, but it should not be legalized. (2 votes [3.57%])

Percentage of vote: 3.57%

4. I smoke pot and it should be legalized. (10 votes [17.86%])

Percentage of vote: 17.86%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#121 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,429 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 03:41 PM

A person can't get high/effected from second hand alcohol breath. Lawsuits are out now just from second hand smoke. Of course Pot smokers would then argue about smoking bans that are even now in place for cigs.

Unlike a DWI based on BAC, an officer would then be responsible to determine if a driving Pot smoker was Under the influence? BAC can be used in court, what would be the legal limit/medical ruling on the amount of Pot in one's system while driving?

More fodder to the argument.

Point 1: Marijuana smoking (if legalized) should be held to the Dutch standard. Places that cater to the smoker, or keep it in the home. If it was legalized, I doubt it would be across the board and I dont support an across the board legalization. Smoking bans in public places should apply to any type of smoking, be it cigarettes, pipe tobacco or pot.

Point 2: Already been covered. DWI for marijuana is a judgment call, if a cop smells it or sees paraphernalia he has just cause to make an arrest same with seeing the person. Court matters are different because theres no way to measure THC levels in the body for a pertinent call on making the distinction akin to BAC levels. Every person reacts to marijuana differently, where one hit can make you high. Any ingestion + driving would be/is a DWI. Its not like alcohol where the majority of people can get away with one beer and not feel the effects. You can get a DWI now for driving on prescribed drugs like Vicodin.

Edited by ghdi, 10 September 2007 - 03:44 PM.

#122 TrentonDevils

TrentonDevils

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 09:10 AM

Point 1: Marijuana smoking (if legalized) should be held to the Dutch standard. Places that cater to the smoker, or keep it in the home. If it was legalized, I doubt it would be across the board and I dont support an across the board legalization. Smoking bans in public places should apply to any type of smoking, be it cigarettes, pipe tobacco or pot.

Point 2: Already been covered. DWI for marijuana is a judgment call, if a cop smells it or sees paraphernalia he has just cause to make an arrest same with seeing the person. Court matters are different because theres no way to measure THC levels in the body for a pertinent call on making the distinction akin to BAC levels. Every person reacts to marijuana differently, where one hit can make you high. Any ingestion + driving would be/is a DWI. Its not like alcohol where the majority of people can get away with one beer and not feel the effects. You can get a DWI now for driving on prescribed drugs like Vicodin.

Simple solution to point 2 - dont drive when youre high
"If you don't think drugs have done good things for us, then take all of your records, tapes and CD's and burn them" - Bill Hicks
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out."
-Bill Hicks

"Facts are stupid things" - President Ronald Reagan

Posted Image

#123 LetsGoDevils

LetsGoDevils

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,177 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 04:03 AM

Simple solution to point 2 - dont GET high

Fixed. :P
So Say We All

#124 XxLancerHockeyPridexX

XxLancerHockeyPridexX

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 12:41 PM

:D
Now you trust me, I carry that so tight
I'll be there for you, if your wrong or your right
It doesn't matter, just reach out to me
I will never question, any opportunity to show you
And prove to you that I care, always you share and you've always been there
Your my best friend, it's easy to see
No matter how bad things in life can be..
...You've always got me...
Joshua James(06/20/08)

#125 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,855 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 04:02 PM

And *NEVER*, *EVER* go over .08.
"Lock'n'Load!" - Denny Crane