134 replies to this topic

#41 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,975 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 12:43 PM

Wow, you just have absolutely no idea what your talking about.

Wow, a mirror is in front of you when you post?

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#42 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,975 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 02:18 PM

She said that Michigan has sucked ever since Bo left. That is retarded.

0-4 since Bo is 'gone' means when he died sizzlechest. They are 0-4 since Bo died. Facts suck.

Read my sports posts....I know plenty so....

Nothing worse then someone who has to try to toot their own horn about being knowledgeable...sad and pathetic.

Edited by LOTCB, 11 September 2007 - 02:20 PM.

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#43 PeteyNice

PeteyNice

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,121 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 02:34 PM

Wow, dumping on PK? What a jackass. You remind me of that "The Yankees always choke in August" guy from the Yankee thread., And she is right. College football >>>>> the NFL. There were nearly 30 college football games on TV Saturday (just Saturday!). This was a big TV week for the NFL with 7 games. The only thing the NFL has over college is a playoff system.
"Yo moms so fat, Russia can see her from THEIR house." -Anil Dash

Palin 2012

"Demand for Portland" -- Consumerist.com

"The New York football Giants marched into Little D and made 'America's Team' their prison bitch....[and next week the G-Men] will push the Packers up and down the frozen tundra like their own private zamboni!" -- Carl from Adult Swim

(No longer) Gotta check this every day

Living in constant fear of Fox Security

A proud member of the Reality Based Community

Official Nemesis of Triumph

"The player is fine." -- Brian Cashman

"[PeteyNice] f off!" --LOULAM1

"Petey, you're MY NEW HERO!!!" -- CRASHER

"bow chica bow wow" - RoughDraft

"I did it with panache and style, that's how I did it" - Mad Sweeney

#44 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,030 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 02:36 PM

At least Notre Dame is rebuilding this year. 2-3 years from now this team will win the national championship. Michigan doesnt have an excuse. Seinor QB, Seinor HB, both were heisman contenders. With a great offensive line. Notre Dame has a Freshman backfield of Jimmy Claussen and Amado Allen.

Ohh yeah, College Football live is saying Chad Henne is out for this week.

#45 TrentonDevils

TrentonDevils

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 02:47 PM

At least Notre Dame is rebuilding this year. 2-3 years from now this team will win the national championship. Michigan doesnt have an excuse. Seinor QB, Seinor HB, both were heisman contenders. With a great offensive line. Notre Dame has a Freshman backfield of Jimmy Claussen and Amado Allen.

Ohh yeah, College Football live is saying Chad Henne is out for this week.

Thats been known for quite some time. With Henne....
Michigans problem is not their offense, its their defense. They only scored 7 against a good Oregon defense because of awful turnovers and bad play calling. but they do just plain suck. so does Notre Dame, i see Michigan beating Notre Dame on the back of Michael Hart (who guarnteed victory, btw)
"If you don't think drugs have done good things for us, then take all of your records, tapes and CD's and burn them" - Bill Hicks
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out."
-Bill Hicks

"Facts are stupid things" - President Ronald Reagan

Posted Image

#46 TrentonDevils

TrentonDevils

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 02:49 PM

Wow, dumping on PK? What a jackass. You remind me of that "The Yankees always choke in August" guy from the Yankee thread., And she is right. College football >>>>> the NFL. There were nearly 30 college football games on TV Saturday (just Saturday!). This was a big TV week for the NFL with 7 games. The only thing the NFL has over college is a playoff system.

You're both wrong, the NFL is bigger than College Football its not even funny, check the ratings man...
It doesnt matter if there are 30 games on Saturday when only 5 of them are competitive. and dont get me wrong, I love College ball, but the NFL is an unstoppable behemoth in this country, and is the most popular sport by far. So this is a silly thing to argue, because its a well known fact.
"If you don't think drugs have done good things for us, then take all of your records, tapes and CD's and burn them" - Bill Hicks
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out."
-Bill Hicks

Posted Image

#47 PeteyNice

PeteyNice

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,121 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 02:58 PM

I am not arguing what is "more popular" (although the next time an NFL game has an attendance north of 100,000 let me know) I am arguing which is better. College is so much better than the NFL it is not even funny. You really don't want to bring up competitive games. I mean Sunday afternoon I got to see New England 38 Jets 14 and Minnesota 24 Atlanta 3. Not to mention the NFL's showcase Thursday game that featured a nailbiting 31 point victory by the Colts. Is McDonalds more popular than say Shake Shack? Sure. But there is no contest on who makes a better burger.

Palin 2012

"The New York football Giants marched into Little D and made 'America's Team' their prison bitch....[and next week the G-Men] will push the Packers up and down the frozen tundra like their own private zamboni!" -- Carl from Adult Swim

#48 Bulletproof

Bulletproof

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 02:58 PM

You're both wrong, the NFL is bigger than College Football its not even funny, check the ratings man...
It doesnt matter if there are 30 games on Saturday when only 5 of them are competitive. and dont get me wrong, I love College ball, but the NFL is an unstoppable behemoth in this country, and is the most popular sport by far. So this is a silly thing to argue, because its a well known fact.

Not a big college football fan but I agree...26 games of "West Michigan U - 64, East Bumblef**k State - 3" doesn't appeal to me. Nothing like a close college football game though...very exciting.

NFL = The New National Pastime
Posted Image

DevsCast: The latest and greatest Devils podcast on the Internet or my handle 'aint Bulletproof! Click Here to subscribe via iTunes or Click Here to download mp3 versions of the show. Perfect for wasting time at work!

#49 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,975 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 03:11 PM

I hope you die in a fiery car crash driving home from your job at mcdonalds.

This quote will go in giant letters on my signature to show how much of a prick you are...you really should consider going to anger management classes, or get a woman, or do something. You have issues, serious issues.

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#50 CMONPETEYD

CMONPETEYD

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,574 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 03:16 PM

This quote will go in giant letters on my signature to show how much of a prick you are...you really should consider going to anger management classes, or get a woman, or do something. You have issues, serious issues.

I dont know you but honestly this is a message board.... we are here to talk abotu hockey.. no need to be a prick here.
My name changes every summer
Posted Image

#51 TrentonDevils

TrentonDevils

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 03:17 PM

I am not arguing what is "more popular" (although the next time an NFL game has an attendance north of 100,000 let me know) I am arguing which is better. College is so much better than the NFL it is not even funny. You really don't want to bring up competitive games. I mean Sunday afternoon I got to see New England 38 Jets 14 and Minnesota 24 Atlanta 3. Not to mention the NFL's showcase Thursday game that featured a nailbiting 31 point victory by the Colts. Is McDonalds more popular than say Shake Shack? Sure. But there is no contest on who makes a better burger.

I love when people argue moronic points to the death....
So here are some rebuttals for your ridiculous argument that college football is better than the most popular sport in America, the National Football League

-First of all name one NFL stadium that has a capacity of 100,000....what would posess you to think that was a good point?

-Second of all, let me ask you a question, do the teams in the NFL get better or worse than in college football? answer this.

-One word for this point - Playoffs.

-Wtf is shake shack?

-16 regular season games that all mean something, and if you lose one against a tough team, you arent eliminated from being in title contention.

- Did I mention the teams are infinitely better than in college?

- While were listing blowouts......
Purdue 52 /Easter Ill 6
LSU 48 Va. Tech 7 - in what was supposed to be one of the marquee matchups of the season #2 vs #9....
Oklahoma 51 Miami 13

Some great games too, like Cal/CSU, and Nebraska/Wake

but in the NFL both of last nights games were awesome, the Sunday night game was awesome, the Chargers/Bears was awesome....
NFL=Best Players in the world, much faster, much harder hitting, much more skill
College FB = Upsets, pagentry, bands, best OT system of any sport, and a heinous BCS system

I like them both, but the NFL is king

Once again, I love college football, but to say its better than the NFL is asinine, and i think most people would disagree with you. But hey its your personal opinion, its just wrong. :boogie:

:evilcry: :evilcry:

Edited by TrentonDevils, 11 September 2007 - 03:17 PM.

-Bill Hicks

Posted Image

#52 PeteyNice

PeteyNice

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,121 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 04:04 PM

I love when people argue moronic points to the death....
So here are some rebuttals for your ridiculous argument that college football is better than the most popular sport in America, the National Football League

-First of all name one NFL stadium that has a capacity of 100,000....what would posess you to think that was a good point?

Because there are several college football stadiums that can seat over 100,000. If the NFL owners thought they could fill 100,000 seat stadiums they would build them. They are not in the business of making less than maximum profit.

-Second of all, let me ask you a question, do the teams in the NFL get better or worse than in college football? answer this.

I do not understand what you are attempting to say.

-One word for this point - Playoffs.

As I said, the only thing the NFL has on college football.

-Wtf is shake shack?

wtf is Shake Shack?!?!?! The finest hamburger one can buy. 23rd St & Broadway, NYC.

-16 regular season games that all mean something, and if you lose one against a tough team, you arent eliminated from being in title contention.

Yeah just because 8-8 makes the playoffs often times. This makes college better. The drama and perfection demanded is better than some .500 team making the playoffs.

- Did I mention the teams are infinitely better than in college?

So what? Doesn't mean they are entertaining. Are the Oakland Raiders better skill wise than LSU? Probably, doesn't mean I would want to watch them play football.

but in the NFL both of last nights games were awesome, the Sunday night game was awesome, the Chargers/Bears was awesome....
NFL=Best Players in the world, much faster, much harder hitting, much more skill

I wouldn't know since the second game didn't start until around 10:30 and Criminals/Ravens just sounds boring.

The NFL is boring. It is a handful of great teams, a handful of bad teams and a lot of vanilla, middle of the road teams that are just plain boring. The archaic TV rules, late starting weeknight/Sunday night games and team killing salary cap just can't get me excited about the NFL. Give me 94.200 screaming in Baton Rouge or even 1,500 at my alma mater on a crisp Saturday in Autumn over 80,242 at Giants Stadium any day. Give me kids playing because they love football not because they'd love to do another commercial for DirecTV. Give me wake up and watch football straight for 13 hours over blackout rules and my crappy hometown team getting blown out instead of the top two teams in the league because of the NFL's TV rules any day. Give me Hail to the Victors over Hail to the Redskins. Give me New Years Day over what will soon be a March Super Bowl once the NFL decides they need four weeks of hype between the Conference Championships and the Super Bowl. College football, for the most part, is pure. The NFL is manufactured.

Edited by PeteyNice, 11 September 2007 - 04:09 PM.

Palin 2012

#53 NJayDevil

NJayDevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,126 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 06:16 PM

You ain't going to find this in the NFL:
http://www.cstv.com/...07_whiteout.wmv

That is Penn State. The greatest place on Earth.
Official Keeper of Little G
New Jersey Devils|3|New York Yankees|27|New York Giants|3|Penn State|4|
"They are the loudest and most loyal students in the country. They call this place Happy Valley?
That's an understatement tonight. This is definitely the best place on Earth. I have seen Paternoville,
I have seen these students...there is nothing like this in the country."

-ESPN College Gameday
"We cannot rank Penn State University against other schools
in the party school category because we feel it is unfair to
rank professionals against amateurs."

-Playboy Magazine
"You're driving along with nothing and then it's like
cow... cow... cow... 20,000 hot chicks!
That's Penn State."

-Jon Stewart

#54 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 06:20 PM

I don't see why you have to belittle other posters making them feel like crap. When did that become cool exactly?

So because someone gives an opinion that doesn't match up with yours, they don't know what they're talking about and are a moron? Come on. It's a message board. There are bound to be differing opinions on a plethora of topics. Wishing bad stuff on people is nonsense even though I'm pretty sure it wasn't meant that way. He probably just touched off a nerve and you panicked and made a dumb remark which I see was deleted. It looks even worse though cause you were quoted.

You want to gain respect here? Show some class and take others' criticism well instead of coming back with immature cheapshots which make you look even more childish.

Okay. I'm not going to say anymore about this because it's a waste of space.

As for my opinion on what's better? I think both college and the NFL have their appeal. I guess it depends on what floats your boat. Some people live for NFL Sundays while others like my friend John get all amped up for college Saturdays.

College football has their share of blowouts much like the NFL even in games which are hyped like the LSU/Va Tech game. How did that turn out?

The NFL sometimes has that too. Who had the Pats devouring the Jets? They had to cheat to do it.

If you love more high profile match-ups, I guess I'd say college because sometimes you'll get those big games between two top 20 schools which decide so much in terms of the BCS.

Not that the NFL doesn't have that. There are games that you want to see like next week's Pats-Chargers clash.

It depends what you enjoy better. College has a lot more games to choose from. You might be impacted depending on who you root for. As a Canes' fan, it's kind of tougher to get into it when they're not even in the Top 25 and got their asses handed to them by Oklahoma who btw looks legit. But I'll still try to catch some of the big games.

NFL, you now have three days to watch which is a little over the top. But if the game is good, cool.

Anyway, I think I've said enough here. It's just nice to be able to watch a game and enjoy it unless it's the Giants blowing what should've been a big win because they didn't go to tackle school.

See ya all later.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#55 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 07:44 PM

I don't see why you have to belittle other posters making them feel like crap. When did that become cool exactly?

So because someone gives an opinion that doesn't match up with yours, they don't know what they're talking about and are a moron? Come on. It's a message board. There are bound to be differing opinions on a plethora of topics.

....Its TD, I don't know actually what he wrote, since I ignored him.
Posted Image

#56 metallidevils

metallidevils

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 10:53 AM

pepperkorn are you going to the game on friday?
"We had our chances. But Martin Brodeur is a hell of a player."
Posted Image
Posted Image of "It's a power play goal! F*** you Sam Rosen!"

#57 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,975 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 10:30 AM

Some good matchups today...

USC at Nebraska is a big time matchup...will USC be rusty?

Tennessee at Florida...always an interesting matchup...

Alabama vs Arkansas...

Michigan vs Notre Dame, will be worth some laughs!

and of course the gritty Norfolk State Spartans come in with all their mega-talent to play at Rutgers :rolleyes:

Edited by LOTCB, 15 September 2007 - 10:31 AM.

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#58 PeteyNice

PeteyNice

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,121 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 10:43 AM

Alabama vs Arkansas...

and of course the gritty Norfolk State Spartans come in with all their mega-talent to play at Rutgers :rolleyes:

Those will be good games but the two games I am most excited to see today are Ohio State vs Washington and BC/GA Tech. The latter primarily because it will be my first GT game but also two ranked teams in a game that will go a long way to determine the best team in the ACC. That and I farking hate BC.

Palin 2012

#59 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 11:13 AM

Alabama vs Arkansas...

Man, I can't wait to see Erik Ainge To lead the Volunteers on victory road vs the Gators.

Michigan will win..At least they have a better Offense than ND..ND Has weak OFF/DEF.

There's also Miami vs Florida Intl.

Remember last year brawl between these two?Should be a good match-up.

Edited by TravisZajac, 15 September 2007 - 11:15 AM.

Posted Image

#60 metallidevils

metallidevils

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 10:13 PM

oh my god, that lville game was unreal
"We had our chances. But Martin Brodeur is a hell of a player."
Posted Image
Posted Image of "It's a power play goal! F*** you Sam Rosen!"