TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 07:29 PM

WTF! Double post.

SORRY!

Edited by TravisZajac, 09 September 2007 - 07:33 PM.

Posted Image

#22 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 07:29 PM

Ill take this a step further, NFL fans at games in general are getting more obnixious by the year, Buffalo fans, I can tell ypou first hand, are as rough of not worse the Eagles fans...trust me on that one....something has to be done to change this...I really do not have much of a desire to go to games.unless it is with close friends etc

Yeah...I saw some videos on youtube, where some away fans would get booed, pushed off, "YOUR TEAM SUCKS, ECT"

That's why also I have no desire to go to a NFL game,(Unless there's one in Montreal, :uni:, and maybe I would go , If there's some friends with me)And also..It all depends the context, if you show your colors and be a jerk, then some people will start pushing you/saying you suck. I knew a guy who would go to Miami games and had no problems.

I'd say the worst fans in the NFL are..

Eagles,Raiders.(Mostly the Raiders.)Eagles threw snowballs to the Santa Claus back in 2004-2005, and they burned jerseys of T.O last year,Booed him, ect.

Edited by TravisZajac, 09 September 2007 - 07:33 PM.

Posted Image

#23 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,505 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 07:30 PM

Ill take this a step further, NFL fans at games in general are getting more obnixious by the year, Buffalo fans, I can tell ypou first hand, are as rough of not worse the Eagles fans...trust me on that one....something has to be done to change this...I really do not have much of a desire to go to games.unless it is with close friends etc

Football's become as viscerally important in America as soccer is in much of the rest of the world. And if you're a soccer fan you know how prevalent riots and looting are. That's the next step here. Especially when you involve alcohol and younger fans, with higher and higher ticket prices. I was reading a local editorial where some Jet fan wrote he gave up his season tickets after 40 years and didn't so much as get asked why (for the record, he said he wasn't too thrilled with sitting around more and more drunken louts each year).

Not for nothing though, Chad was all class after the game completely taking the fans off the hook. He said hey they cheered when I went in (which is true though at least Vinny got hurt on the road and a Vinny injury was the only way Herm would have ever put in Chad :P), I would hope they'd cheer all the Jet players. You just can't help but root for the guy.

And game-related, you know if the defense had actually made ONE SINGLE frigging stop after it got to 28-14 I felt they could have gotten some momentum off that. But the Pats kept the ball the next ten minutes after Chad's inspirational drive.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#24 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 07:35 PM

Jets D-line didn't look impressive.

Neither is their Linebackers.

If they want to win that Division..They better win the next Pats vs Jets game...(Even, I doubt it.)
Posted Image

#25 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,977 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 07:58 PM

Update:

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) - Kevin Everett had surgery Sunday evening, hours after the Buffalo Bills reserve tight end showed no signs of movement after sustaining a severe neck injury in the team's season opener against Denver.

Bills spokesman Scott Berchtold said he was informed by the team's medical staff the player went into surgery at a Buffalo hospital at about 8 p.m. Berchtold said he had no further information, and didn't know whether Everett had shown any signs of movement since he was driven off the field in an ambulance.

Coach Dick Jauron said immediately following the game that the player sustained a cervical spine injury, but wouldn't discuss the severity of the injury.

The player's agent Brian Overstreet was not immediately available for comment.

Everett fell to the ground and never moved after a helmet-to-helmet hit when he tackled Denver's Domenik Hixon during a kickoff to open the second half. Everett was placed on a backboard with his head and body immobilized, and carefully loaded into an ambulance at the Broncos 30.

The game was delayed for about 15 minutes, and the Bills gathered at the sideline while doctors attended to the player.

Everett's injury cast a pall over the Bills following a season-opening 15-14 loss, with several players expressing concern about their teammate.

"It was real hard," cornerback Terrence McGee said. "I watched the whole thing and he never moved. ... It's real sad to see him go off on a stretcher, but we hope he's OK."

"It's real sad," added receiver Roscoe Parrish, who played with Everett at the University of Miami. "When something like that happens to a close friend of yours, and you know how much he loves football, it bothers you."

Denver players expressed concern, including kicker Jason Elam, who kicked the winning field goal as time ran out.

Before taking questions after the game, Elam said: "What we heard is not good, so for our whole team, our prayers go out to him."

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#26 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 08:33 PM

Wow..I hope Everett gets well. :(
Posted Image

#27 Cal914

Cal914

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 08:58 PM

Panthers victory... whooo
-Cal
Official NJDevs.com keeper of "Zajac's first playoff goal
Official NJDevs.com keeper of The Colorado Rockies

#28 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 09:06 PM

You expect better from Jets fans ? These are the same that pissed in the seats and set the sections on fire years ago ... :rolleyes:
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten.

#29 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,196 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 09:49 PM

This Giants defense sure sucks

#30 JesterDevil

JesterDevil

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,115 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 09:53 PM

Lions win! :o
Undefeated woo! :clap: :clap:

#31 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,056 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 09:58 PM

WTF!!! Giants defense- o wait isnt that an oxy moron or something? OMG!! Eli is playing amazing without a starting fullback or running back. if the defense could just hold them to a field goal oce in a freaking while. URRRGHHH!!!

#32 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 09:58 PM

Lions win! :o
Undefeated woo! :clap: :clap:

This is nice for those Lions fans...And those Michigan fans, I'm sure they'll jump to the Lions bandwagon :P
Posted Image

#33 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,716 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 09:59 PM

Cowboys offense looks better then it's looked in like 10 years, but the weather, the Giants wearing out and the injuries are helping... Dallas D better get it going in the secondary though... and they need to make some of those "almosts" into SACKS though....
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#34 Senators Advocate

Senators Advocate

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 10:24 PM

let's see the Eagles slap them back to Earth!

:rofl: :boogie:

Eagles threw snowballs to the Santa Claus back in 2004-2005

Actually, that was two separate incidents.

They booed a Santa Claus bit back in the 1960's and threw snowballs at the Cowboys in the 1990's. Oh, and Giants fans have thrown snowballs as well.

I don't know where '04-'05 comes from. :noclue:
Go Sens Go!!
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Polish God and first ever Sen Peter Sidorkiewicz and his severely underrated 4 game stint with Your New Jersey Devils.
2008 Philadelphia Phillies: World fvcking Champions!!

#35 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,849 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 10:43 PM

Not for nothing though, Chad was all class after the game completely taking the fans off the hook. He said hey they cheered when I went in (which is true though at least Vinny got hurt on the road and a Vinny injury was the only way Herm would have ever put in Chad :P), I would hope they'd cheer all the Jet players. You just can't help but root for the guy.

Good call by Olbermann on "Worst Person in the NFL" being a tie between 77,000 people. The way that Chad was trying to fight through the pain and get up and go again... while his own fans cheer him hobbling to the sidelines. Don't give me this "the people are emotionally tied to the game" crap.... cheering for an injury to a player on another team is absolutely despicable. Doing it to someone on the home team in unconscionable.
"Lock'n'Load!" - Denny Crane
"Denny Crane!" - Denny Crane
"Trix are for kids!" - Denny Crane
"I hate cling-ons!" - Denny Crane

#36 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,716 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 10:46 PM

Good call by Olbermann on "Worst Person in the NFL" being a tie between 77,000 people. The way that Chad was trying to fight through the pain and get up and go again... while his own fans cheer him hobbling to the sidelines. Don't give me this "the people are emotionally tied to the game" crap.... cheering for an injury to a player on another team is absolutely despicable. Doing it to someone on the home team in unconscionable.

I dunno .... I cheered when Testaverde got hurt in Dallas... but I hate him so bad I wish his family ill :P... always have... sometimes in the situation when you KNOW you wanna see what the other guy can do and your coach is being a stubborn ass... it's the only way the other guy GETS IN... not the case for the jets though... Chad does deserve better
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#37 metallidevils

metallidevils

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 10:55 PM

bromo was pretty solid tonight.
"We had our chances. But Martin Brodeur is a hell of a player."
Posted Image
Posted Image of "It's a power play goal! F*** you Sam Rosen!"

#38 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,977 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 01:13 AM

Lions outscore the Wolverines season so far in 1 game :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#39 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 07:03 AM

Lions outscore the Wolverines season so far in 1 game :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:rofl: This is going to be a long season for the Wolverines...
Posted Image

#40 TrentonDevils

TrentonDevils

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 08:04 AM

LMMFAO @ NFL in Montreal....

Thats like having a curling tournament in Miami beach
"If you don't think drugs have done good things for us, then take all of your records, tapes and CD's and burn them" - Bill Hicks
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out."
-Bill Hicks

"Facts are stupid things" - President Ronald Reagan

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users