#41 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,748 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 12:37 PM

Found this on the Bills site I post on:

Belicheck had a press conference, listen to this, BB refused to talk about the scandal about cheating etc and here was his response:

Bill Belichek: "Does anyone want to talk about the upcoming game?"
Reporter: "Is it going to be harder to score on San Diego without knowing their defensive signals?"

Bill's response: Blank stare!!!!

Priceless!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I have one thing to say to the Cheatriot fans: *
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#42 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,977 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 01:11 PM

I have one thing to say to the Cheatriot fans: *

We can only hope this is the ca$e

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#43 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 04:01 PM

I have no more respect for the Pats.

Thats an article from Sports Illustrated.

They have been doing this since 2000!!!!

Smooth criminals
Patriots bring cheating in the NFL into modern era

Sure, people cheat in sports. In baseball they steal signals. In football they bring in a guy for a week, someone who was just cut by the team they're going to play, pump him for information and let him go on Monday. They'll even plant spies at each other's practices.

But the things that make this Patriots flap so bothersome are the following:

Posted Image

#44 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,853 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 05:11 PM

I have no more respect for the Pats.

Aw. As if you had respect for them before this. :rolleyes:

This will intensify rivalries. Current rivals will hold this dear as yet another reason to hate the Patriots. Patriot fans, while non-plussed by the possibility of losing a draft pick, are more upset at getting caught than the crime itself.

I'm in that camp myself. I think the biggest crime the Pats are guilty of is being incredibly, incredibly stupid about how blatant they were about the whole thing. Every team tries to steal signals. You just can't be idiotically blatant about it, which the Pats did and deserve to be punished for it.
"Lock'n'Load!" - Denny Crane
"Denny Crane!" - Denny Crane
"Trix are for kids!" - Denny Crane
"I hate cling-ons!" - Denny Crane

#45 LetsGoDevils

LetsGoDevils

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,177 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 05:44 PM

Well, I for one, just hate the Pats. But being a Colts fan that should be obvious. ;) :P

Did root for them against the Eagles in the Super Bowl, only because Eagles fans at my job are worse.

Its a level of cheating that will likely cost them a draft pick. :noclue:

It's not too late to embrace the Blue Shoe, Don!

We'll just start you off on a P. Manning film/commercial mental programming. MakingLetting you watch all his commercials for 48 hours straight.

Then, you are strapped, umm, seated in a nice comfy chair listening to Dungy's new book on audio book version for 24 hrs straight.

Finally, as a droolingfanatic new Colts fan, you can impress all your friends by constantly mimicking Manning's checks at the line before a snap.

Come over to the Shoe. :dizzy: Manning is your friend. :dizzy:

Edited by LetsGoDevils, 13 September 2007 - 05:45 PM.

So Say We All

#46 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 06:15 PM

Aw. As if you had respect for them before this. :rolleyes:

This will intensify rivalries. Current rivals will hold this dear as yet another reason to hate the Patriots. Patriot fans, while non-plussed by the possibility of losing a draft pick, are more upset at getting caught than the crime itself.

I'm in that camp myself. I think the biggest crime the Pats are guilty of is being incredibly, incredibly stupid about how blatant they were about the whole thing. Every team tries to steal signals. You just can't be idiotically blatant about it, which the Pats did and deserve to be punished for it.

Gonna love that smiley :rolleyes:

What's ironic is..True, I never liked the Pats.Same goes for the Ravens,Bengals.But I respected those teams, after I took more maturity about the defeat back in the AFC Championship back in 2004-2005, I thought they were the smartest team in the NFL, the team ala the Devils.Good coachs changes, when they draft, they always seems to get the best player available ect...

I think the Pats have to pay for what they did, Though, those signals sure helped the Pats, and even, you can't deny the fact that the Pats had a talented team since B.B came as the Head Coach(Minus 2000-2001..)

But at this moment, I don't respect the Pats. Nono,.

:rolleyes:
Posted Image

#47 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,853 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 08:40 PM

Well, I for one, just hate the Pats. But being a Colts fan that should be obvious. ;) :P

http://www.njdevs.co...&...st&p=413268

Patriots and Colts are the two teams I go looking for on Sunday. And if they play at the same time, I PVR one and try to avoid looking at the score ticker at the bottom.
"Lock'n'Load!" - Denny Crane
"Denny Crane!" - Denny Crane
"Trix are for kids!" - Denny Crane
"I hate cling-ons!" - Denny Crane

#48 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,085 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 08:56 PM

The NFL has decided the penelties to the Pats
NFL throws the book at the Pats. If they make the playoffs (duh) they lose a 1st round pick. If not, its a 2nd and 3rd.
Belicheck fined $500,000
Patriots fined 250,00

ESPN.com

Edited by Devils Pride 26, 13 September 2007 - 09:00 PM.

#49 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 09:10 PM

The NFL has decided the penelties to the Pats
NFL throws the book at the Pats. If they make the playoffs (duh) they lose a 1st round pick. If not, its a 2nd and 3rd.
Belicheck fined $500,000
Patriots fined 250,00
ESPN.com

Good news.

I'm glad Goodell took the good decision.These penalties seems really fair
Posted Image

#50 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,821 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 09:58 PM

Blah

suspend the weasel for the big Charger game

HAVE MORE BALLS NFL!
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#51 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,202 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 12:23 AM

Instead of the fine, suspend Belichick for two games.
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#52 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,821 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 06:08 AM

Just to add to this...

Wade Wilson gets FIVE games for taking HGH claiming it's helping him with his diabeties, and I have yet to see how a steroid helps you coach better......

Beli-chicken (who looks like the effing Emperor with the hoodie up in this NFL Network pic they use) and staff pulls one of the biggest and game altering cheats possible (hell I saw a whiny article from the Eagles and their Super Bowl Failure, that if I had a link for I'd post), and they get a nice crack on the wrist ?? :noclue:
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#53 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,694 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 06:24 AM

Blah

suspend the weasel for the big Charger game

HAVE MORE BALLS NFL!

What good would that do really, he's already put together the game plan. I do agree it would have been nice to see a two-week or more suspension in there down the road. It is kind of hard to actually enforce the suspension though unless the NFL puts an ankle bracelet on him or something :P

Can't complain about the rest of it, the draft pick(s) do send a message as does the personal fine. The team fine should be a bit higher, especially after what that Formula One team got for spying :lol: Then again the Patriots would probably just defray the cost off on increased ticket prices and concessions anyway.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#54 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,748 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 09:33 AM

Instead of the fine, suspend Belichick for two games.

I agree, although I think it should be more along the lines of 4 or 5 games. This is a serious infirngement on the integrity of the game. I like that Goodell gave him the maximum fine allowed and is stripping the Cheatriots of draft picks, but I really think a suspension is in order here.

#55 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,085 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 09:39 AM

Suspending him wouldnt do anything. The assitant coaches would be able to get it done without him. Giving him the fine was much better IMO.

#56 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,977 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 10:12 AM

Suspending him wouldnt do anything. The assitant coaches would be able to get it done without him. Giving him the fine was much better IMO.

The embara$$ment was enough alone for his ma$$ive ego

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#57 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 10:50 AM

The embara$$ment was enough alone for his ma$$ive ego

True.

They went from... "America team" to the Bad guys(EX: Yankees, )

Ersch, I don't think so any Coachs, Fans outside of NE respect them anymore.

Maybe some....But not for me.
Posted Image

#58 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 11:09 AM

Dear Pats..

Pretty soon, it might be easier just to list the teams that aren't accusing the Patriots of cheating.

The latest accusations of Patriot treachery come from the Bengals and the Lions, who, according to Paul Zimmerman of Sports Illustrated, both say that the headsets in their quarterbacks' helmets suspiciously malfunctioned at the worst possible times during games at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, Mass.:

"At one point we had a good drive going against the Patriots," said one Lion who doesn't want his name involved in this mess, but was willing to talk about it. "Mike Martz really had 'em going. They were getting fouled up, lining up wrong, we were moving the ball. Then boom, the headset from the sidelines to the coaches' booth goes out.

"Next possession we were moving the ball again and the same thing happened. You know it only takes two or three plays to mess up a drive."

Matt Millen, the Lions' GM, was talking to Bengals' coach Marvin Lewis at the league meetings. He started telling him the story.

"Yeah, I know," Lewis said. "Headset went out. It happened to me in Foxboro, too."

There is talk that NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell will announce the Patriots' punishment as soon as tomorrow, but he should take his time and investigate all of these claims. If the Patriots are sabotaging the opposing team's methods of communications, that may be an even bigger scandal than stealing signs.

This isn't helping your case.

Posted Image

#59 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,748 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 12:11 PM

Best... video...ever. :rofl:

#60 devils26

devils26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 01:07 PM

Best... video...ever. :rofl:

:rofl: :hail: That was great. It had me laughing the whole time.

"The Devils always find a way to win, ... That will continue." -Scott Stevens
"I wouldn't think so. Nothing is broken. It's just a bruise." -Lou Lamoriello

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users