69 replies to this topic

#1 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,206 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 03:58 PM

What a shock, BB acting like scum again.

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=3012989
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#2 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 04:07 PM

Woww.....That really sucks.

That happenned also to the Packers back in 2006...(It could have happen to any team they played, also..)

WOW is the word.I though BB was one of the best Coachs since 2000...Now I'm less confident.

Makes you wonder why Golden Boy has all that time to throw the ball....

Edited by TravisZajac, 10 September 2007 - 04:08 PM.

Posted Image

#3 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,615 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 04:16 PM

Makes you wonder why Golden Boy has all that time to throw the ball....

Cause the Jets have no pass rush and 4-3 talent trying to play 3-4 football??? :P
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#4 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 04:30 PM

Cause the Jets have no pass rush and 4-3 talent trying to play 3-4 football??? :P

True, but you can't deny the fact that the Pats cheated and that helped them a little bit.

Woopidoooooooooo!@
Posted Image

#5 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,478 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 04:37 PM

So this wasn't the first time this has happened but there was no disciplinary action taken on the past action? Or was the past action ultimately found not to have any wrong doing? Is this just some paranoia or truth? I sure didn't see much difference in the game to be able to say when this guy was taken away and the Pats were stopped from "cheating"
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#6 Devilish34

Devilish34

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 05:25 PM

Maybe he was filming the cheerleaders

86 the Kool Ade -- we need some fvcking icewater for these pussies

Posted ImageRIP Bill 1931-2007
RIP Major/Dr. John Paul Pryor killed in Iraq on 12/25/08. You will be greatly missed and can never be replaced.
What Happened To Dr Pryor?

You might be a Redneck if you brag about running a 11.57@118.14Posted Image

#7 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,206 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 06:05 PM

Honestly I don't think the Pats needed to steal signals to beat the Jets, but I do think it helped them EMBARASS the Jets which is really the only thing that will satisfy his highness. Beliquit has an irrational hatred of the Jets that makes CRASHER's of Parcells (or Vinny) pale in comparison :P He wants to beat the Jets 40-0 every time. Hell he was running up the score late yesterday.

And to me it's below the belt to use a camera to steal signs anyway. Now things like bringing in a player recently cut by the other team as the Jets did with Reche Caldwell and the Pats did with Bobby Hamilton, that to me is gamesmanship and fair game.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#8 insanity_gallops

insanity_gallops

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 06:11 PM

True, but you can't deny the fact that the Pats cheated and that helped them a little bit.

'til I have conclusive proof staring me in the face, I can deny it - or at least remain skeptical.

Good thing claims like this never happen in other signal-based sports, like baseball. Oh, wait...

Sergei Brylin Award Winner: '04-'05, '05-'06
RD Avatar Award Winner: '05-'06, '06-'07, '07-'08, '09-'10

Thanks to LüZZo for the avatar!

"How can it be bullsh!t to state a preference?"

#9 insanity_gallops

insanity_gallops

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 06:14 PM

Honestly I don't think the Pats needed to steal signals to beat the Jets, but I do think it helped them EMBARASS the Jets which is really the only thing that will satisfy his highness. Beliquit has an irrational hatred of the Jets that makes CRASHER's of Parcells (or Vinny) pale in comparison :P He wants to beat the Jets 40-0 every time. Hell he was running up the score late yesterday.

Jets did a nice job of embarrassing themselves.

Pats running up the score? Up 28-14, kicking that field goal really was excessive, wasn't it? And the touchdown with 2 minutes to go... you think Brady should have just taken a knee for four consecutive snaps and given the ball back? :rolleyes:

#10 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,206 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 06:20 PM

Having Brady throw a 30-yard pass up top to Moss up 17 with two and a half minutes to go I'd call running it up. He'd have had a lot to answer for if Moss had gotten injured or Brady had somehow twisted an ankle. Even Peyton Manning can't score that many points that quick.

Not to mention throwing a challenge flag to try to get a half-yard on the goalline - on FIRST DOWN no less - was excessive. What was the point of that exactly?

Edited by Hasan4978, 10 September 2007 - 06:23 PM.

#11 insanity_gallops

insanity_gallops

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 06:23 PM

You call it running up the score, I call it sealing the victory. Could the Pats have opted to act otherwise? Sure. But do you really expect the team to hold back when they could definitively put the game away? That's just silly.

And Manning's had his fair share of late-game point boosters.

The point of throwing the challenge flag - oh, I dunno, how about trying to get his hardworking do-whatever-is-asked-of-him fullback Heath Evans a TD? Who knows if he'll get another one this year. What if the Pats fumbled on the next snap and the Jets recovered? Your team has a chance to get a touchdown, you go for it - and they were in such a position.

Yeah, the Pats & Jets hate each other - but something tells me that, if the tables were turned and this happened by the Jets at Foxboro, you wouldn't be whistling the same tune.

Edited by insanity_gallops, 10 September 2007 - 06:25 PM.

#12 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,206 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 06:34 PM

There's already more than enough to kill Jets management on without inventing hypotheticals :P Starting with having no adequate replacement for Kendall (and by losing Kendall D-Brick's also become exposed as a bust in the making), continuing to try to shove a 3-4 defense down the throat of 4-3 players and also the silly Revis holdout over a sixth contract year that no other picks around him had to get.

And I killed Jet fans yesterday too for that disgusting display. I like ya but you're barking up the wrong tree accusing me of bias here. I do hate the Patriots probably more than even the Rangers or Yankees at this point (and pretty much solely because of Beliwhiner and Kraft), but I'd be coming down on any team doing this.

If the rule says they lose a draft pick and there's enough evidence to finger them then boo freaking hoo. From what I gather it's a rule that's always been on the books but only really started being enforced late last year.

BTW I know your esteemed coach has run it up on the Jets on at least one or two other occasions too.

Edited by Hasan4978, 10 September 2007 - 06:39 PM.

#13 SteveStevens

SteveStevens

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,503 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 06:47 PM

Every team dose it, it was just that the Patriots did it to obviously. I like the Jets as my team but honestly this is nothing new.

#14 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 07:26 PM

Every team dose it, it was just that the Patriots did it to obviously. I like the Jets as my team but honestly this is nothing new.

Show me reports of others teams doing it.
Posted Image

#15 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,849 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 07:31 PM

Show me reports of others teams doing it.

Show me test results showing Barry Bonds took steroids.

BTW - I was a third base coach for a team of 15 year old baseball players. I was usually able to figure out the opposition third base coach's signals by the fifth inning. Guess I'm scum. :)

Edited by Don, 10 September 2007 - 07:34 PM.

"Lock'n'Load!" - Denny Crane
"Denny Crane!" - Denny Crane
"Trix are for kids!" - Denny Crane
"I hate cling-ons!" - Denny Crane

#16 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,206 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 07:40 PM

BTW - I was a third base coach for a team of 15 year old baseball players. I was usually able to figure out the opposition third base coach's signals by the fifth inning. Guess I'm scum. :)

Were you using a camera to do so? :P

This is verbatim, a post I made on another board:

[Stealing signs is one thing, if you're careless and the other team can decipher your signals then tough noogies. But using cameras to do so is outright spying and against the written rules of the NFL (which granted haven't been enforced to this point).]

#17 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 07:50 PM

I can't , since there's no reports saying "Bonds took steroids, results=GOOD!"

SteveStevens wrote that:

"Every team dose "

Can we prove it?

no.

Can we prove it for the Pats?

Yes.

There maybe some others teams that may doing it, but we don't know.

The Pats are the only team SO FAR that we know they're doing this
Posted Image

#18 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,901 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 10:59 AM

I do hate the Patriots probably more than even the Rangers or Yankees at this point (and pretty much solely because of Beliwhiner and Kraft).

Yeah, and someone should tell Krafty that striped shirts with the solid white cuffs and collars went out of style 10 years ago. But I digress....

I'm also sick of that team ... but I'm even more disappointed in the Jets. The 4-3 vs. 3-4 thing is an easy target for fans and media (one that I think is way overblown), but the Pete Kendall thing baffles me. I can't find the upside there, anywhere.

Edited by Jerrydevil, 11 September 2007 - 11:00 AM.

#19 TrentonDevils

TrentonDevils

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 11:02 AM

Yeah, and someone should tell Krafty that striped shirts with the solid white cuffs and collars went out of style 10 years ago. But I digress....

No way dude, I love those shirts. And im about as stylin as they come.....
Posted Image
"If you don't think drugs have done good things for us, then take all of your records, tapes and CD's and burn them" - Bill Hicks
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out."
-Bill Hicks

"Facts are stupid things" - President Ronald Reagan

Posted Image

#20 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,901 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 11:08 AM

No way dude, I love those shirts. And im about as stylin as they come.....
Posted Image

That's all Kraft has in his closet though. Wear something else!

I liked it better when Victor Kiam ran that team. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users