61 replies to this topic

#21 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,518 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 01:38 AM

I already said the cop didn't act properly but stuff like that is going to happen when you're purposefully being a jerk to anybody, be they cops, waiters, teachers, etc... so it doesn't shock me.

BTW, we still didn't determine if he was going to "illegally ruin the kids life" so to say that is to again try and throw up something false to support yourself.

Edited by Devils731, 11 September 2007 - 01:38 AM.

Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#22 Nature's Minister

Nature's Minister

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 01:40 AM

You do understand what the word threaten means, right
Is that a Japanese configuration?

#23 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,518 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 01:42 AM

You do understand that to state that he could arrest that kid is reasonable if true, which is probably was since you saw him almost hit the cop and then partially drive off the road.

Edit: And just to say again, i don't think the cop acted properly, but to give the kid all the benefit of the doubt and then to give the cop none isn't fair. Just trying to provoke the cop and purposefully pulling him off the speed trap is probably enough to get him thrown in jail.

Edited by Devils731, 11 September 2007 - 01:46 AM.

Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

-Anchorman

-Anonymous

#24 Nature's Minister

Nature's Minister

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 01:47 AM

Absolutely, and if he had done that, there'd be no issue. But at 2:20, he says that if the kid talks back again, he'll say he resisted arrest. A little later on, he says that he's writing him a ticket for failure to use turn signal when he obviously did. Several times he mentions taking him to jail for "some fvcking reason that [he comes] up with."

At 5:06, he talks about, "never taking it out on a cop," because the cop will, "ruin your career and your life."

Edited by Nature's Minister, 11 September 2007 - 01:49 AM.

#25 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,518 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 01:49 AM

As long as that reason to arrest the kid is a valid one, which I think I've already come up with a few that he could have used, then the officer isn't stating anything false. It's a warning he is giving the kid for not cooperating and while not being very couth it doesn't make it illegal.

As for the turn signal perhaps the office has trouble seeing it or just missed it? Remember, we got to see it all on video tape, not real time. Also, we don't know his turn signal hasn't burned out, we're making the assumption it isn't but it doesn't have to be.

Edit: You dont have to argue with me that the cop was over the top, I've said he was, but I think I can see the kid being a prick and wanting this to happen is what starts all this. If the kid doesn't want this to happen it doesn't happen.

Edited by Devils731, 11 September 2007 - 01:50 AM.

-Terry Goodkind

-Anchorman

-Anonymous

#26 Nature's Minister

Nature's Minister

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 01:54 AM

I never said anything about the grounds for arrest. If they were present, and he arrested the kid, there would be no story.

He was threatening to fabricate charges (resisting arrest), had already fabricated charges (the turn signal), and telling the kid that sassing a cop is grounds to have his life and his career ruined. That is the story, and it's a disgusting one.

If he wasn't in a position to see the turn signal, he had no right to assume it wasn't used. If it were burnt out, that is another matter entirely. But chances are, the cop was bullsh!tting.

#27 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,598 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 01:57 AM

C'mon people, I want to see eight pages by morning! :P
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#28 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,518 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 01:58 AM

But chances are, the cop was bullsh!tting.

That's what I'm saying, you're ready to assume the worst of the cop the whole time but not about the kid. The cop probably is just making up the turn signal thing because he didn't see it either way but we don't know that either way, we weren't there.

Have you gone back and read what this kid has written or watched his other video? The kid obviously has a problem with cops and looks to cause trouble with them. If I go out looking for a fight eventually I'll find a fight. The cop was wrong but this kid is also wrong for trying to create these situations.

-Terry Goodkind

-Anchorman

-Anonymous

#29 Nature's Minister

Nature's Minister

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 02:04 AM

I agree with everything you wrote, basically, except the cop SHOULD be held to a higher standard, given that he's in a position of authority and an adult. Dislike the kid all you want, but in no universe should that man hold a position of such power, given his actions in that situation.

#30 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,518 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 02:05 AM

The cop said some bad things and should be disciplined for them but he is still human and at the end of the day this situation has some extenuating circumstances and nobody was harmed.

-Terry Goodkind

-Anchorman

-Anonymous

#31 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 02:25 AM

The cop stopped him for parking in a lot in which he was allowed to park in.

He doesn't even mention anything about the turn signal or any of that until the cop knows that he can't stop the kid for being in the lot.

Brett: Did I do something wrong?
Officer #1: Yeah you're a suspicious vehicle right now.
Brett: I'm what?
Officer #1: [Leans into the car and yells] You are a suspicious vehicle right now.
Brett: In a commuter parking lot?
Officer #1: Yeah you are cause we have car thieves in here. Yeah you're right.
Brett: Cause I can park right here.

Here is where the cop realizes that the kid is aware that he has no right to stop him for being in the lot.

Officer #1: You want me -- You wanna come out of the car? Come on out. Come on out.

1:32
[I exit the vehicle]
Officer #1: Let me see your ID.
[I give him my valid Missouri License]
Officer #1: Let me see your insurance card for the vehicle.
Brett: Did I commit a moving violation?

The cop doesn't even make any mention of a moving violation until the kid specifically asks if he committed one. If that's what he was stopping the kid for, why didn't he just say that the first time the kid asked if he did something wrong instead of just saying he's a suspicious vehicle?

Officer #1: Yeah you did, when you were coming in here.
Brett: Really? What was that?

The kid asks what the moving violation he committed was. The cop has no answer since is he clearly full of sh!t, so he just goes on harassing the kid until he can think of something.

Officer #1: Yeah, you wanna try me? You wanna try me tonight? You think you've had a bad night? I will ruin your ****ing night.
[Officer starts to get close up to my face]
Officer #1 You want to try me?
[Officer is inches away from my face, screaming as I'm pinned between him and my vehicle]
Officer #1 Do you wanna try me young boy? Do you want to try me tonight young boy?
Brett: No I don't.
Officer #1: Do you want to go to jail for some ****ing reason I come up with?
Officer #1: Do you wanna see who knows the law better, me or you. My experience compared to your young ass. Huh? Don't ever get smart mouthed with a cop again. I show you what a cop does. Do you understand me?
Brett: Yes sir.
Officer #1: Try and talk back -- Talk back to me again. I bet I could say you resisted arrest or something. You want to come up with something? I come up with nine things. Do you wanna try something?
Officer #1: Wait here.

2:52
Officer #1 Oh, while you were coming towards me you were swerving back and forth within the roadway. Okay? I might give you a ticket for that. You want me to come up with some more? When you turned in, you failed to use your turn signal, your right turn signal [Turn signal was used, see video at 0:06].

Finally the kid gets an answer
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#32 Nature's Minister

Nature's Minister

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 02:32 AM

It should also be noted that the "swerving" looked to be surprise at seeing a car parked in the middle of a roadway, rather than any drunken action.

#33 LizDevil30

LizDevil30

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,761 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 07:48 AM

Maybe it was a sting operation by the kid? Perhaps there were other complaints by students of abuse of power by police? Who is going to believe the kids without proof? So he decided to get said proof. Police do it all the time. Citizens have a right to protect themselves. Unfortunately, bad guys do wear blue sometimes. Sure makes it tough for the cops doing their jobs properly, but it's like that in EVERY profession. My husband is an electrician, and didn't you know they are all crooks?
"Why is a puck called a puck? Because dirty little bastard was taken."-New Jersey Devils Goaltender Martin Brodeur, of whom I am happy co-keeper with poohbear.
His lean, limber muscles tensed under the skin are ready to contort his body into unnatural goal stopping positions. Tara Sullivan, Bergen Record.
A person's a person, no matter how small. Horton the Elephant, "Horton Hears a Who"
NEW JERSEY home of the Devils, Giants, Jets, Red Bull, Nets and the Statue of Liberty--standing on our front porch waving to the neighbors.

#34 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,390 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 08:04 AM

except the cop SHOULD be held to a higher standard,

Should a cop lose his job if he gets an off-duty DWI, with no motor vehicle accident?
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#35 Devilish34

Devilish34

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 08:31 AM

Should a cop lose his job if he gets an off-duty DWI, with no motor vehicle accident?

No but her should go thru everything a civi would.
I would say there should be a suspension.
But we all know the odds of a cop giving another cop a DWI. :whistling:

86 the Kool Ade -- we need some fvcking icewater for these pussies

Posted ImageRIP Bill 1931-2007
RIP Major/Dr. John Paul Pryor killed in Iraq on 12/25/08. You will be greatly missed and can never be replaced.
What Happened To Dr Pryor?

You might be a Redneck if you brag about running a 11.57@118.14Posted Image

#36 TrentonDevils

TrentonDevils

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 08:49 AM

http://video.google....2...77759&hl=en

Kid pulled over. Cop goes nuts, threatens to invent charges to have him put in prison. Starts backing down a bit once he realizes he's being caught on tape.

This kind of sh!t happens all the time, cops are just security guards with guns. oink oink
"If you don't think drugs have done good things for us, then take all of your records, tapes and CD's and burn them" - Bill Hicks
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out."
-Bill Hicks

"Facts are stupid things" - President Ronald Reagan

Posted Image

#37 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,390 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 11:14 AM

This kind of sh!t happens all the time, cops are just security guards with guns. oink oink

oink oink?
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#38 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,584 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 11:42 AM

Can open, worms everywhere.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#39 TrentonDevils

TrentonDevils

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 11:54 AM

oink oink?

As in pig.

Posted Image

hey pig
yeah you
hey pig piggy pig pig pig

Edited by TrentonDevils, 11 September 2007 - 11:55 AM.

"If you don't think drugs have done good things for us, then take all of your records, tapes and CD's and burn them" - Bill Hicks
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out."
-Bill Hicks

"Facts are stupid things" - President Ronald Reagan

Posted Image

#40 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,390 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 12:38 PM

As in pig.

Posted Image

hey pig
yeah you
hey pig piggy pig pig pig

What a coward you are.

You would turtle in a country second tough guy.
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users