Photo

Poll - Who Makes The Cut? - Select 5

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Poll: Who Do You Think Will Be on the Roster? (73 member(s) have cast votes)

Player Choices

1. Rupp (56 votes [16.72%])

Percentage of vote: 16.72%

2. Janssen (53 votes [15.82%])

Percentage of vote: 15.82%

3. Asham (67 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

4. Marshall (9 votes [2.69%])

Percentage of vote: 2.69%

5. Clarkson (66 votes [19.70%])

Percentage of vote: 19.70%

6. Pelley (25 votes [7.46%])

Percentage of vote: 7.46%

7. Viuhkola (37 votes [11.04%])

Percentage of vote: 11.04%

8. Bergfors (13 votes [3.88%])

Percentage of vote: 3.88%

9. Tallackson (1 votes [0.30%])

Percentage of vote: 0.30%

10. Vrana (2 votes [0.60%])

Percentage of vote: 0.60%

11. Fraser (6 votes [1.79%])

Percentage of vote: 1.79%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 bekim

bekim

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 09:14 AM

NJ Fans,

With 9 Forwards who are absolute locks (Elias, Zubrus, Gionta, Parise, Zajac, Langs, Pando, Madden, Brylin), and 7 Defensemen (Martin, White, Visnevsky, Rachunek, Matvichuk, Greene, Oduya)...

Who will the other 5 roster slots go to (3 F's needed, and 2 Scratch players, F or D)?

I've listed the popular prospects and guys who have signed contracts.

Select 5 (3 Forward's Minimum).

This is my first attempt at a poll, so hopefully this is done correctly. If not, I apologize. If it is done incorrectly, maybe someone else can fix it or re-list the topic.

Thanks!

Edited by bekim, 11 September 2007 - 09:24 AM.

#2 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 11:40 AM

Is Rupp even signed?
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#3 Hellcat

Hellcat

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 11:43 AM

Yeah. I remember the announcement. It came really early in the offseason.
Official Keeper of Rod Pelley

#4 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,583 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 11:43 AM

Is Rupp even signed?

Yes.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#5 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,688 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 11:48 AM

I only see four worthy of making the cut with the roster as is, no room for Pelley on the big club and sadly Rupp's gonna make this team.....
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#6 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,499 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 11:51 AM

Rupp was actually really effective last year with the limited role he had, IMO.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#7 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,688 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 11:56 AM

Rupp was actually really effective last year with the limited role he had, IMO.

it's when he got put on the first power play unit I had issues with him... he looked clueless in front of the net ... but I'm hoping Sutter is smarter then THAT!

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#8 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,744 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 12:03 PM

it's when he got put on the first power play unit I had issues with him... he looked clueless in front of the net ... but I'm hoping Sutter is smarter then THAT!

It's not Rupp's fault when he's put into a situation where he can't succeed.

He's totally different from when we had him the first time.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#9 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,688 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 12:07 PM

It's not Rupp's fault when he's put into a situation where he can't succeed.

He's totally different from when we had him the first time.

I'm not BLAMING the guy for not being any good in front of the net... I'm just saying he's not... the blame goes to the people who told him to go out there and try to fulfill a role he's incapable of doing, you know it's like asking Clown to feel good about one of his teams... you can try till you're blue in the face... but ain't gonna happen!

#10 bekim

bekim

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 12:17 PM

The guys that interest me the most are Clarkson and Viuhkola. It will be fun to see how Clarkson performs over an entire season (assuming he makes the cut). However, with the top 2 lines likely set, Clarkson will probably be relegated to 3rd and 4th line duty with possible time on the 1st or 2nd PP unit.

So I wouldn't expect him to have as good a campaign as say, Zajac, but it might not be out of the question to expect 30 points (maybe even 15-20 goals).

Viuhkola is the wild card, for my money, who I guess signed a deal with NJ in hopes of making the big club (not the minors). If he is as talented as some people say, he could really provide a nice 4th line center option, with a potential to play center on any line (if needed or given the chance). I'd much rather see this guy at center than Mike Rupp, who is better as a winger.

A line like Clarkson-Viuhkola-Asham would be a nice skilled/hard hitting 4th line that would be able to play more than 3 minutes a game.

But I don't know what his chances are. If Marshall doesn't make the cut, I'd say very good. If Marhsall does make it, maybe not so good. IMO, Janseen, Rupp, Asham are all near-locks, with Clarkson, Marshall, and Viuhkola on the bubble. Most people feel Clarkson will make it, which leaves only one slot for those last 2 guys.

When is hockey going to start already!!

#11 Dadds

Dadds

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 12:39 PM

on that list i want janssen to make it the most because he bring a whole diffrent type of energy to the Devs

Edited by Dadds, 11 September 2007 - 12:40 PM.

"I think I'm going to become a Devils fan so they start never winning again." A sad flyers fan

"**** this. NJ might as well be allowed to build a brick wall in front of the net and let Marty sit on the bench. Would be no difference" A sad penguins fan

#12 Devil Fan

Devil Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 12:40 PM

Janssen, Marshall, Clarkson, Bergfors and Asham.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Chocolate + Devil = My life

#13 Bulletproof

Bulletproof

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 01:28 PM

on that list i want janssen to make it the most because he bring a whole diffrent type of energy to the Devs

That and Janssen has his fancy new contract so he should be on that list. Funny thing about it though is that we also have Asham who is basically a Janssen style player with more skill...it would be interesting to see them on a line together...switch Janssen to LW and see if he can learn some offence from Asham....just a thought :D

I sill think Asham would be best suited to play shutdown with Madden and Pando, but thats a discussion for another thread :D
Posted Image

DevsCast: The latest and greatest Devils podcast on the Internet or my handle 'aint Bulletproof! Click Here to subscribe via iTunes or Click Here to download mp3 versions of the show. Perfect for wasting time at work!

#14 SteveStevens

SteveStevens

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,503 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 01:39 PM

My selection is easy for me. Rupp, Janssen Asham will definatly be on the club. I believe Clarksonn would make the final cut. Hes definatly worthy of playing on the team. I dont think past those 4 anyone is a clear cut but Viuhkola is the best choice i believe, if not its Pelley.

#15 TrentonDevils

TrentonDevils

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 01:52 PM

My selection is easy for me. Rupp, Janssen Asham will definatly be on the club. I believe Clarksonn would make the final cut. Hes definatly worthy of playing on the team. I dont think past those 4 anyone is a clear cut but Viuhkola is the best choice i believe, if not its Pelley.

Agreed. Clarkson is a classic devils mold player.
"If you don't think drugs have done good things for us, then take all of your records, tapes and CD's and burn them" - Bill Hicks
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out."
-Bill Hicks

"Facts are stupid things" - President Ronald Reagan

Posted Image

#16 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,029 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 02:26 PM

Rupp- Yes, he should have some linemates that can finally create some offense.
Janssen Yes, he brings energy that no one else can bring.
Asham- Yes we had just signed him and I think he is very underated will fit great on the 4th or sometims 3rd
Marshall- No, too old, just isnt good enough. Great leadership for Lowell
Clarkson- Yes, hits hard and I think he will surprise and score quite a few goals
Pelley- No needs some more time, will replace Madden in a few years
Viuhkola- Yes, it should be interesting with him. 3rd, 4th line player who is unkown to the rest of the league
Bergfors - No not ready yet, hopefully next season
Tallackson- No hes been givin chances a few times and never did anything that stands out
Vrana - No dont know much about him
Fraser- No keep him in Lowell

#17 Die_Hard_Devil

Die_Hard_Devil

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 03:01 PM

I Think we should definatly bring marshall back up!
Posted Image

" Elias Holds and Drives Scoooooores!!!! [Doc Emrick] "" Haho Baby, Patrick, You are Dominating Man, ill tell U Not Only Did the Goal get Scored But there was going to be a Penalty" [ Chico]

Posted Image

#18 Eltab213

Eltab213

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 03:05 PM

Ide go with Rupp, Asham, Marshall. If Marshall struggles early in the season, or shows that he just doesnt have it anymore, send him down, call up Clarkson
Posted Image

Official Keeper of Pascal Rheume
Official Keeper of Valeri Kamensky
Official Keeper of Alexander Korolyuk

#19 bostondevil11

bostondevil11

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 03:54 PM

What the hell is the love affair with Marshall? Don't you people remember his last year up with the Devils? The guy played all last year in Lowell and wasn't called up. Why in the world would he play in NJ?

#20 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,744 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 03:57 PM

What the hell is the love affair with Marshall? Don't you people remember his last year up with the Devils? The guy played all last year in Lowell and wasn't called up. Why in the world would he play in NJ?

In fairness to Marshall, the reason he wasn't called up is that his 760,000 salary would've put us over the cap.

Oh, and he sucked balls in 06 and was most likely the worst forward in the league that season.

He also can only play one forward position, whereas Rupp, Asham, and Viuhkola can play multiple positions.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users