CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,454 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 09:14 AM

Sunday, Sep 16, 1pm:
Houston vs Carolina
-- What to look for...I dunno... I think this could be alot like the St.Louis game for the Panthers...they're gonna gang up on that crappy line and pound them like cheap veal! Not really too into this game, because it would be a MAJOR shock to see the Texans win this one..

Cincinnati vs Cleveland
-- What too look for... what kind of end zone dances Chad Johnson will do in the Dog Pound this week... this game should be ugly and one-sided as the Steeler game was.... 14 more losses to go!! :boogie: :boogie:

Atlanta vs Jacksonville
-- What to look for... Jacksonville HAS to win this game after that embarrassment to the Titans... while Atlanta just sucks (they better win one more then the Browns)... Jacksonville better run run run run their way like they are playing the Colts again!

Green Bay vs NY Giants
-- What to look for... Will Eli play? Is he healthy? Can the Giants defense show up against the not-so-hot Packers and an aging, overrated Favre? The Giants REALLY can't afford to start 0-2, the schedule only gets more digusting after......

Buffalo vs Pittsburgh
-- What to look for...Kevin Everett is now moving fingers at least (good news)... this is the week we see if this Steeler defense is any good... the Bills do have some weapons (would be nice if that bum Losman remembers to lob the ball to his receivers today)... I don't think the Bills can win this but can they make it interesting?

San Francisco vs St. Louis
-- What to look for... like the Giants, the Rams can NOT afford to go 0-2... was the 49er defense good last week or was it just bad offense... Steven Jackson would LOVE to know... I think it was more choppy offense and I expect this to be a decent scoring game which could be fun to watch! (May need to focus on this one)

New Orleans vs Tampa Bay
-- What to look for... Tampa's gonna get ROLLED in this one... good luck to them with a pissed off Saints team that got smoked 11 days ago and had all that time to sit on that loss too.. that doesn't spell good for Tampa

Indianapolis vs Tennessee
-- What to look for... the Titans will test the Colts run D far far more then the Saints did.... and while it was a bit easier for the Colts to get up and ready for a big opening night display like they did... but can they keep it up on the road in the division?? I'd take the points here ;)

4pm:
Seattle vs Arizona
-- What to look for... Arizona had no offense outside of Edge running the ball (and he did run well), but the Cardinals have too many weapons for that to keep that trend running... and I'm not sold on the Seattle D either (Tampa was fiarly effective on offense until Garcia and Cadillac got bumped out)... I do expect Seattle to go 2-0, but they may need to score 30 to win it!

Minnesota vs Detroit
-- What to look for... pain... suffering... REALITY...if the Lions go 2-0 I am convinced Atomic Bombs will be lobbed across the country by some crazed terrorist regime!! They're NOT this good... expect John Kitna to get beaten senseless, and Adrian Peterson to run apesh!t on them!!

Dallas vs Miami
-- What to look for... A better showing from the Dallas Defense... they don't have that big Burress/Moss type WR who can exploit the corner issue in Dallas... pass rush should get things going... and I hope to see a lot of 3 WR sets out of Dallas to keep Joey Porter off the field (as seen on the NFL Network, Porter is not up to speed to be out there in Nickel/Dime sets yet)... and this could open up the rushing lanes for Barber and Jones... and Dallas--Miami has always been a mini-rivalry ever since my mother's 2nd marriage (don't worry that marriage lasted as long as most Devils coaches do :P).. damn Dallas better win this !! :rant:

NY Jets vs Baltimore
-- What to look for...Sacks, Interceptions... great defense from a semi-desperate Ravens team beating up on Mr. Clemens (though we all remember the throw Quincy Carter under the bus play by Herm and Company... I remember hearing that sideline conversation and though I was hearing the black box in a plane about to crash!)... I don't care who the Ravens QB is today... McGahee always has big games this week, and I see a long year for the Jets...

Kansas City vs Chicago
-- What to look for... Will the Chiefs even get a hundred yards of offense in this game?? I really think not.. this is going to be an ugly, painful smash to the face Herm-Fest as the Bears who also can NOT go 0-2 (well they can cause 7-9 can win that ass division, but if they want home games in January they can't).... if you want to sit and watch Herm suffer THIS IS YOUR GAME!!! :boogie:

Oakland vs Denver
-- What to look for... Travis Henry to get about 180 yards and some touchdowns... Dante Culpepper to suck.. umm.. this is a standard take it up the booty game for the Raiders.. so take it like men would ya?

815pm:
San Diego vs New England
-- What to look for... how does Voyeur Belichicken actually game plan a team without knowing their plays?
This really is a MUST game for both teams... the pats wanna get this videotape non-sense (in their eyes), and show it's still all about the talent... the Chargers are still pissed about last year (and I think by now y'all know how upset I was about that playoff game)... this game is really MUST WATCH TV if you are an NFL fan... good thing it's Sunday Night... forget the PPV, this is the place to be!

Monday
Washington vs Philadelphia
-- What to look for... again Phily needs this game to keep NFC Pace, Washington did find a way to squeak their game out last week... but I don't know if the Skins are that good... they win tonight and they throw themselves into the NFC East Picture, and put the Eagles in deep trouble early... I could see big games from the Redskins running backs and Santana Moss always seems to have big Prime Time Games.. but that aside the Eagles are just too GOOD!

Edited by CRASHER, 19 September 2007 - 11:55 AM.

Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#2 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,148 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 09:38 AM

Is it confirmed Kellen Clemens in starting..? I really don't mind, he seems pretty good.. Might not be able to handle the Ravens D though =/.. This gonna be a tough one, Jets REALLY need to be at least decent on D, they were horrible last week.. Moss made that catch in double coverage/triple coverage whatever it was.. sad.. come on Jets get a win
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#3 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,924 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 09:39 AM

Bills will win today.

Book it.

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#4 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,454 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 09:40 AM

Is it confirmed Kellen Clemens in starting..? I really don't mind, he seems pretty good.. Might not be able to handle the Ravens D though =/.. This gonna be a tough one, Jets REALLY need to be at least decent on D, they were horrible last week.. Moss made that catch in double coverage/triple coverage whatever it was.. sad.. come on Jets get a win

FAN is saying Clements is expected to start, they are pretty good with this

I don't think it matters today... the Jets don't match up well with the Ravens

and Clown's been tooting the morning Cali ganja I see ;)
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#5 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,261 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 10:06 AM

Clements might come out of this game alive, but his confidence will be shaky for the next few weeks as a result.

Today, I expect Boller to throw for at least 2 TD's. Even without the great Jonathon Ogden I still expect McGahee and Smith to have at least 200 yards rushing between them.

In terms of Sacks: Suggs 5, Ngata 1, Scott 3. Pete Kendall will be laughing his a$$ets off today.

INT's: McAllister 2, Reed 1.

Fumble recovery's: Rolle 1, Pryce 2.

I hope our lead is so big by half time that Ray Lewis can rest.

YES, I AM VERY CONFIDENT AND PSYCHED to watch this game after the gym.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#6 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,849 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 12:43 PM

I can't wait for hockey season.

Right now I have 10 different channels with NFL games. Each and every one of them showing the Bills game. But I want to watch the Colts.

When hockey season starts, I get the Rogers Sports Pak, which gives me "Centre Ice", "OHL Action Pak" and "Sunday Ticket" which is certainly worth the $30. But I'm not going to pay $30 for 4 Sundays of football.

BTW - Anyone have any details about that channel that plays 4 games on your HDTV at once?
"Lock'n'Load!" - Denny Crane
"Denny Crane!" - Denny Crane
"Trix are for kids!" - Denny Crane
"I hate cling-ons!" - Denny Crane

#7 LetsGoDevils

LetsGoDevils

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,177 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 03:49 PM

But I want to watch the Colts.

I wanted to choke Dungy. Less then two minutes on the clock, driving for an insurance FG in the Titans field. Titans with only two TO left. The Colts go: Short Pass to Harrison-incomplete (stops clock). Long Pass to Harrison-incomplete (stops clock). Now 3-10, Pass play-Manning Sacked. Titans burn a TO.

:argh: No...don't run on first or second down and let the clock run. God forbid you make the Titan's burn a TO then.

Colts hang on to win as the Titans last drive to get into FG range fails thanks mostly to their WR dropping a pass.

Hey, did I mention the COLTS are now 2-0?! :boogie: (despite the idiot play calling at the end).

Edited by LetsGoDevils, 16 September 2007 - 03:50 PM.

So Say We All

#8 LetsGoDevils

LetsGoDevils

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,177 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 03:51 PM

Figures I go against a guy who has Palmer as his QB. :evilcry:
So Say We All

#9 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,975 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 04:01 PM

OMG the giants defense is pathetic. I am embaressed to be a giants fan today.

Edited by Devils Pride 26, 16 September 2007 - 04:01 PM.

#10 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,938 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 04:43 PM

Sunday, Sep 16, 1pm:
Houston vs Carolina
-- What to look for...I dunno... I think this could be alot like the St.Louis game for the Panthers...they're gonna gang up on that crappy line and pound them like cheap veal! Not really too into this game, because it would be a MAJOR shock to see the Texans win this one..

Wasn't a shock at all. The Texans have a good offense and the Panthers D is brutal. Carolina has no offense besides one guy in Smith who had another amazing game. I ask everyone to watch the highlights. Smitty had 3 touchdowns including one where he broke 6 tackles at once to go 74 yards.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#11 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,148 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 05:25 PM

Looks like a loss for the Jets again, even though its only a 2 TD game with over a quarter left to play.. But we haven't even scored 1 TD yet.. ick.. BTW i really hate these CBS announcers.. are they the regular Jet-game announcers? they seem to favor the Ravens..
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#12 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 06:10 PM

My Steelers won the game vs the Bills!!!!

Woopidoo! I'm still waiting to face good teams, (Pats,Ravens ect..) Since, facing the Browns and Bills , 49niners,Seahawks,Cardinals...If the Steelers don't go 4-1 or 5-0, there's a big problem :)
Posted Image

#13 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,148 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 06:16 PM

WOW McCairns how the fvck do you drop a ball right to you? That woulda tied the game..
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#14 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 06:17 PM

who booked the Bills to win?? :D

I think I've figured out my fantasy jinx...as long as I'm going against someone who has a Cowboys player the Cowboys will win and my players will turn to complete crap :)
'05-'06 Hobey Baker Award Winner (Best Rookie Poster)

*click click* *whistle whistle* "Its my thing, my trademark...its what I do."

#15 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,148 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 06:24 PM

OMG AGAIN McCairns.. Just costed the Jets from tieing the game.. game over

edit: almost forgot: fvck you McCairns you cant catch a ball for sh!t

Edited by nmigliore, 16 September 2007 - 06:24 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#16 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,940 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 06:38 PM

I'm actually not that annoyed (especially in comparison to the Met disaster this weekend). Clemens proved in one game he belongs. Both with his poise in the first half and his efficiency in the fourth quarter against one of the three top defenses in the league, on the road. The Jets now have two good QB's, and most teams don't even have one.

But McCariens should either be cut or on ST's. I'm sorry, he may be a team player but he has never lived up to the billing he had when we got him from Tennessee.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#17 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,975 posts

At least the Jets have a good defense.

#18 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,940 posts

double post

Edited by Hasan4978, 16 September 2007 - 06:40 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#19 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,796 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 06:39 PM

At least the Jets gave you a glimmer of hope today, the rest of the division stinks and if the Belicheats lose today they'll only be 1 game out. I think they Jets win next week vs. Miami, they finally came to life today though it was just not enough.

Giants...meh, looks like a long year.
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#20 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,148 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 06:40 PM

The last attempt to McCairns was a little tough but that one that when right between his fingers was ridiculous - clearly should've caught it.. terrible day man, Mets get swept, Jets lose a close one because a WR cant catch a ball.. and tomorrow's Monday! wonderful ..
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users