152 replies to this topic

#81 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,492 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 12:27 PM

McGahee is good, but I was expecting great. After what Jamal Lewis did yesterday, it kind of makes you wonder. Your right, this is an Ozzie issue.

don't!! don't take ANYTHING more of that game then a PATHETIC effort from the Bengals...and like I said at the beginning of the season... can the bengals get out of their own way ???

I have this weird feeling too next year we see Cowlher coaching the Chargers :P
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#82 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 12:33 PM

I have this weird feeling too next year we see Cowlher coaching the Chargers :P

Or the Giants. Or is that going to be Belichick's job next year?

#83 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,492 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 12:37 PM

Or the Giants. Or is that going to be Belichick's job next year?

can't see it... there's gonna be WAY better jobs for Cowlher then the Giants out there.... the Giants need to tear a lot apart (more so on defense)... my gut feeling is you wanna keep rooting for Notre Dame to lose and get Weiss!
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#84 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 12:45 PM

can't see it... there's gonna be WAY better jobs for Cowlher then the Giants out there.... the Giants need to tear a lot apart (more so on defense)... my gut feeling is you wanna keep rooting for Notre Dame to lose and get Weiss!

Can you imagine if Charlie Weis bolts N.D. after a three-win season? Not saying it couldn't happen, but how freakin' funny would that be?

I think the Giant job is a good one, by the way. Just as the Jet job was a good one when Parcells took it. I think you want to come in when expectations are low and build from there. Plus, working for the Maras, from what I hear, is a good experience for coaches.

By no means do I think Norv Turner is in a good situation in San Diego. His team is expected to at least reach the AFC championship game. That's not a good situation for him, IMO, no matter how many talented players he has.

Edited by Jerrydevil, 17 September 2007 - 01:04 PM.

#85 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,960 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 12:53 PM

There's a team I can think of that Bill Cowher would be perfect for. I'll give you a hint: the team is named after a marine mammal and plays in Florida.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#86 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 12:58 PM

There's a team I can think of that Bill Cowher would be perfect for. I'll give you a hint: the team is named after a marine mammal and plays in Florida.

The Brevard County Manatees?

#87 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,483 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 01:08 PM

Giant job is not a good job IMO - the franchise has been poorly run ever since George Young's last days. They wasted two HOF talents' primes (Strahan and Barber) with nothing to show for it. They've consistently signed poor free agents on both sides of the ball - they've been especially good at signing injury prone linebackers.

With how poorly Weis is doing, I don't know that I want him in the NFL. Sure seems like the guys he recruited can't play football.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#88 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 01:34 PM

Giant job is not a good job IMO - the franchise has been poorly run ever since George Young's last days. They wasted two HOF talents' primes (Strahan and Barber) with nothing to show for it. They've consistently signed poor free agents on both sides of the ball - they've been especially good at signing injury prone linebackers.

Let's be fair, they've had some good teams since George Young kicked. Regardless, you hire a guy like Cowher because you want to turn things around. The biggest problem with the Giants (besides the linebacker and secondary personnel) is respect for the head coach. You bring in Cowher, instant respect. I tell you, I think it's a great job for Cowher. He would have a chance to put his mark on a franchise that's dying for new leadership. And it's New York, for god's sakes.

#89 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,960 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 01:41 PM

Giant job is not a good job IMO - the franchise has been poorly run ever since George Young's last days. They wasted two HOF talents' primes (Strahan and Barber) with nothing to show for it. They've consistently signed poor free agents on both sides of the ball -

This sounds like a good synopsis of the Dolphins over the past 12 years. Just substitute Young's name with Shula's, and Strahan and Barber with Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor.

#90 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 01:54 PM

I think the Dolphin job is a good one, too. It's a franchise that has a lot of fans. Maybe the Giants job is a little better because they already have a young QB who has a decent future (I think) and has had some success. But are they firing Cam Cameron after one season?

Edited by Jerrydevil, 17 September 2007 - 01:55 PM.

#91 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,960 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 03:14 PM

I think the Dolphin job is a good one, too. It's a franchise that has a lot of fans. Maybe the Giants job is a little better because they already have a young QB who has a decent future (I think) and has had some success. But are they firing Cam Cameron after one season?

Nah, we're not gonna fire him after only one season. It's not like he inherited the Colts here. But I haven't been too impressed with Cameron thus far. Granted the offense has very little talent to work with, but some of his play-calling has been suspect. When we actually ran the ball with some effctiveness yesterday, he immediately got away from it and put the ball back in Green's hands (which proved disasterous). There was a sequence when Ronnie Brown started to get rolling a bit, as we started attacking the middle of the Dallas d-line, who was missing Jason Ferguson. Ronnie breaks off a few good gains in a row, and then he calls a freaking reverse that we lose yardage on. Stupid. It makes me worry if this will continue to be a problem, because he pulled the same thing with San Diego last year when he had LT and started abandoning the run against New England. Predictably, the Chargers lost. Not to mention his clock management in the Washington game left me and the rest of Dolphin Nation scratching our heads.

I'm not expecting anything different against the Jets, but I will be going to the game this week if any of you Jet fans want to meet up for a brew or something and we can talk some Devils hockey. I bought a parking pass from a ticket site online so I don't have to deal with the bullsh!t of parking 8 miles away from the stadium.

Edited by MadDog2020, 17 September 2007 - 03:25 PM.

#92 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 03:31 PM

Nah, we're not gonna fire him after only one season. It's not like he inherited the Colts here. But I haven't been too impressed with Cameron thus far. Granted the offense has very little talent to work with, but some of his play-calling has been suspect. When we actually ran the ball with some effctiveness yesterday, he immediately got away from it and put the ball back in Green's hands (which proved disasterous). There was a sequence when Ronnie Brown started to get rolling a bit, as we started attacking the middle of the Dallas d-line, who was missing Jason Ferguson. Ronnie breaks off a few good gains in a row, and then he calls a freaking reverse that we lose yardage on. Stupid. It makes me worry if this will continue to be a problem, because he pulled the same thing with San Diego last year when he had LT and started abandoning the run against New England. Predictably, the Chargers lost. Not to mention his clock management in the Washington game left me and the rest of Dolphin Nation scratching our heads.

I'm not expecting anything different against the Jets, but I will be going to the game this week if any of you Jet fans want to meet up for a brew or something and we can talk some Devils hockey. I bought a parking pass from a ticket site online so I don't have to deal with the bullsh!t of parking 8 miles away from the stadium.

All isn't lost in Fin Nation... (I am a cowboys fan first and foremost, but my best friend roots for the Dolphins, and we hang out probably every Sunday, so I've gotten pretty used to watching the Fins games). Anyway... if the Fins lose to the Jets next weekend, i think the absolutely best thing Cam Cameron could do is start, who i think is going to be a top-notch qb, JOHN BECK. This guy looks great, i watched plenty of film from him (again courtesy of my FinFanFriend). Come on FinFans.. maybe this season will be lost with a loss next week.. but getting Beck some of what matters most for a young QB, GAME EXPERIENCE. Just think, if the Cowboys never gave Romo a chance.. maybe this week would have been a lot different.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#93 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,960 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 03:41 PM

All isn't lost in Fin Nation... (I am a cowboys fan first and foremost, but my best friend roots for the Dolphins, and we hang out probably every Sunday, so I've gotten pretty used to watching the Fins games). Anyway... if the Fins lose to the Jets next weekend, i think the absolutely best thing Cam Cameron could do is start, who i think is going to be a top-notch qb, JOHN BECK. This guy looks great, i watched plenty of film from him (again courtesy of my FinFanFriend). Come on FinFans.. maybe this season will be lost with a loss next week.. but getting Beck some of what matters most for a young QB, GAME EXPERIENCE. Just think, if the Cowboys never gave Romo a chance.. maybe this week would have been a lot different.

I'm with ya on Beck bro. I want to see him starting sometime this year, and I would have NO PROBLEM seeing him start the rest of the season if we lose to the Jets this week. This team just flat-out isn't that good, period. There would be no harm in looking at the future in a season that is going to be lost anyway. Green was a joke yesterday. All his throws take a day and a half to reach their intended receiver, and he gets rid of the ball too damn quick to avoid getting hit. This led to a multitude of stupid decisions yesterday. If we're gonna suck, I'd rather suck with John Beck than Trent Green. Let Beck start learning.

Edited by MadDog2020, 17 September 2007 - 03:43 PM.

#94 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 03:53 PM

I'm with ya on Beck bro. I want to see him starting sometime this year, and I would have NO PROBLEM seeing him start the rest of the season if we lose to the Jets this week. This team just flat-out isn't that good, period. There would be no harm in looking at the future in a season that is going to be lost anyway. Green was a joke yesterday. All his throws take a day and a half to reach their intended receiver, and he gets rid of the ball too damn quick to avoid getting hit. This led to a multitude of stupid decisions yesterday. If we're gonna suck, I'd rather suck with John Beck than Trent Green. Let Beck start learning.

Exactly

Posted Image

#95 MDPucks

MDPucks

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 04:06 PM

Bills-Jets in two weeks should be a barnburner.

That same week on national television the Bengals "defense" (I term that losely) will try to keep New England from breaking 90 points.

Edited by mdsieve, 17 September 2007 - 04:12 PM.

#96 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 04:09 PM

Anyone else here have NFL Sunday ticket?

Posted Image

#97 MDPucks

MDPucks

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 04:11 PM

Problem is most Dolphin fans don't live in South Florida and trying to sell out that stadium is tough. The Dolphins don't sell out unless the Jets, Patriots, or a "national" team such as Pittsburgh, Chicago, or Green Bay at in town. The Giants job is definately the better job between franchise tradition, off-field business opportunities, the franchise QB already in place in Eli (the lone bright spot of Big Blue's season so far), the new stadium, and the ego boost of being the head coach of the cornerstone franchise of the NFL.

#98 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,960 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 04:13 PM

Anyone else here have NFL Sunday ticket?

Couldn't live without it.

#99 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 04:14 PM

Not a chance.

And your welcome to Overratedburger and your Steelers for a cakewalk at Heinz ketchup field yesterday :P

They did a poll, and Steelers/Packers were having the most fans everywhere.

Bills ,Cowboys , are followed.

BIG BEN ISN'T OVERRATED!

:)
Posted Image

#100 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 04:15 PM

Problem is most Dolphin fans don't live in South Florida and trying to sell out that stadium is tough. The Dolphins don't sell out unless the Jets, Patriots, or a "national" team such as Pittsburgh, Chicago, or Green Bay at in town. The Giants job is definately the better job between franchise tradition, off-field business opportunities, the franchise QB already in place in Eli (the lone bright spot of Big Blue's season so far), the new stadium, and the ego boost of being the head coach of the cornerstone franchise of the NFL.

Where can you prove that Eli is the franchise QB (the 2 games he played were against awful pass defenses, and I'm a cowboys fan) What makes this the "cornerstone fanchise" of the NFL?

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users