152 replies to this topic

#121 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 11:02 AM

Ill tell you what, the Redskins look a LOT better this year now that they have a decent QB who will only get better, that allows them to better utilize their talented WR corps. They also have 2 very good RB's, a very underrated TE in Cooley, and a very underrated defense with good, young talent such as LaRon Landry. Fletcher so far has shown to be a very nice addition to their defense.

I always thought it was funny that a guy named Cooley played "tight end" but that might just be me and my sophomoric humor. Regardless, he's a good player.

#122 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 03:59 PM

well now ya know.. drink less beer... learn more sports history :)

What? I don't drink beers :whistling:

YOU DO!!

:P
Posted Image

#123 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 05:35 PM

http://dallascowboys...D14ABC656D784B9

:boogie:

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#124 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,508 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 07:02 PM

What? I don't drink beers :whistling:
YOU DO!!

I hate beer :P... beer is for pussies... real men drink Jack Daniels during football B )

Lord only knows the damage LCB does to his liver each Sunday :lol:

http://dallascowboys...D14ABC656D784B9

:boogie:

Well business HAS picked up... he better still remember all the Bears signals for Sunday !!! :evil:
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#125 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 07:12 PM

Exactly what i was thnking... boom baby!

Posted Image

#126 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 07:13 PM

I hate beer :P... beer is for pussies... real men drink Jack Daniels during football B )

Jack Daniels...Humm not so bad.

Though, Vodka,Pusle and Bacardi are good :D
Posted Image

#127 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,854 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 07:22 PM

Giants Motto: Defense and tackling optional

In all seriousness, it is disappointing to say the least. Especially with a new D coordinator from Philly who wants to be aggressive. Problem is they're not getting any pressure and that puts too much emphasis on our dreadful secondary who couldn't tackle an intoxicated Britney.

Maybe they should scratch it due to the personnel because they need help.

I don't think it can get worse. I also don't buy the Redskins as being this good. I am calling it right now. The Giants go in and get a win. It's gut check time.

Laugh at me if you like. But I'm willing to put myself out there.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#128 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 07:49 PM

In all seriousness, it is disappointing to say the least. Especially with a new D coordinator from Philly who wants to be aggressive. Problem is they're not getting any pressure and that puts too much emphasis on our dreadful secondary who couldn't tackle an intoxicated Britney.

I don't think it can get worse. I also don't buy the Redskins as being this good. I am calling it right now. The Giants go in and get a win. It's gut check time.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Kidding, I think the Giants might win their next game, though their running game as to work on, and same goes for the D-line, who the pressure is non-existent..And that won't help a very poor weak Giants secondary.

Rebuild year?
Posted Image

#129 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 08:29 PM

All i know is the G-Women won't win the Division this year... its all about the Dallas Cowboys... (now with Tank Johnson!!) :boogie: :boogie:

Posted Image

#130 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 08:36 PM

(now with Tank Johnson!!)

:kill:

#131 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 08:39 PM

:kill:

:giggle:

Posted Image

#132 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,293 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 08:51 AM

Having a new coordinator is one thing, having the tools to make it work right is another.

I also don't buy the Redskins as being very good right now. They are developing....just in time for Bellichek to take over next year.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#133 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 09:01 AM

Having a new coordinator is one thing, having the tools to make it work right is another.

I also don't buy the Redskins as being very good right now. They are developing....just in time for Bellichek to take over next year.

It's a weak division, for sure. And that includes the Cowboys, who will end up as a 12-4 paper tiger in the NFC.

#134 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,293 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 09:16 AM

It's a weak division, for sure. And that includes the Cowboys, who will end up as a 12-4 paper tiger in the NFC.

Well said.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#135 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,943 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 09:18 AM

Lord only knows the damage LCB does to his liver each Sunday :lol:

By the time this season is over, my liver will be doing a dance on it's own :dance:

When is the NFL Draft? My countdown has already begun...

Damn you J.P. :rant:

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#136 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,508 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 09:22 AM

By the time this season is over, my liver will be doing a dance on it's own :dance:

When is the NFL Draft? My countdown has already begun...

Damn you J.P. :rant:

Damn, this means you will never pick up the phone during a Bills game now :P

Oh just wait till he's looking all pro again in December when they are 4-8 :lol:

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#137 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,943 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 09:31 AM

Damn, this means you will never pick up the phone during a Bills game now :P

Oh just wait till he's looking all pro again in December when they are 4-8 :lol:

I was in the bar at that time...didnt hear the phone for hours...had it in $ilent and I was $urrounded by 20 $tealers fans....it got so bad, that I actually ROOTED for the stealers to run it up at the end...it was a $ad $ad moment, YET AGAIN, to be a Buffalo fan! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh, Ill be at the bar every week...this week should be PURE comedy....

Edited by LOTCB, 19 September 2007 - 09:32 AM.

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#138 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,508 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 10:02 AM

I was in the bar at that time...didnt hear the phone for hours...had it in $ilent and I was $urrounded by 20 $tealers fans....it got so bad, that I actually ROOTED for the stealers to run it up at the end...it was a $ad $ad moment, YET AGAIN, to be a Buffalo fan! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh, Ill be at the bar every week...this week should be PURE comedy....

Good man :thumbsup:
so next time text messages :P

there was a girl next to me who had an Eli jersey on but money on the Packers... needlessly to say by the third quarter I got her jersey off of her :uni: :uni: :lol:

#139 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,508 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 11:53 AM

NFL Week 2 has come and gone and as we learn about the twists and turns in the most exciting regular season in sports were already seeing the shock and surprise teams in the NFL and my new favorite expression NYC Football. Two Teams One City ZERO WINS!!!! OK, I am done gloating for now on to the games!!

Sunday Sept 16:
Houston at Carolina:
Man time to give credit to the Texans eh? Guess David Carr on the sidelines wasnt stealing any signals after all Matt Schaub has only been sacked TWICE this year Carr averaged that per series last yearI am still a little shocked the Panthers front four didnt cause more havoc in this game though when Steve Smith scores THREE touchdowns (oh the fantasy football PAIN) and you still lose maybe the Texans are legit this year (boy how tough is that division all of a sudden if both Houston AND the Titans are legit??)

Cincinnati at Cleveland:
God damn this was insane to watch (and fun to see the bitter Bengals bandwagon fan.. who wasn't even wearing a hat or shirt of the Bengals... come on.. REPRESENT man!... just sit and SUFFER in this one then root against ALL our teams cause he was drunk and depressed all game after !)...but as much as you want to credit the Browns here... you really can't.... If you're a defensive player on the Bengals today, you should be out committing Chris Benoit-iced on yourself because you are an EMBARASSMENT to yourselves and the ENITRE history of football... Jamal Lewis barely had 250 yards LAST YEAR and you let him run ape sh!t on you?!?!? Derek Anderson looked like an old Techmo Bowl QB tossing bombs all over the place to Braylon Edwards and company... and as good as the Bengals offense looked... not good enough... this is the EXACT kind of game I was talking about with the Bengals and they need to GROW UP and learn how to win these kinda games (they had a game just like this in the Dawg Pound last year I think ?)... and I'm more pissed off that this moves the Browns up about 7 spots in the draft next year :P

Atlanta at Jacksonville:
An unwatchable display of maybe the two most worthless offenses the NFL has to "offer" this year... the Falcons have NOTHING on offense at this point, and even got desperate enough to sign Bryon Leftwich this week (good luck getting useful QB play out of him within a month)... while Jacksonville to be honest... ain't much better... and the only reason I paid attention to this game... I had Jacksonville in my survivor pool... and about 3 drinks because of it by the end of the game, it's scary how un-fun bad football can be when money is on the line!

Packers at NY Giants:
Man how ENJOYABLY bad is the Giants Defense? Well they put Favre back into the fountain of youth for one, as he looked as sharp and crisp as he could have 10 year ago... but at least THIS time he didn't lie down and take a sack dive so Strahan could get another worthless sack record (and the sack records mean NOTHING unless they go back and watch all the old games and get totals of some REAL Sack masters in their day... but then Mike Tyson's dumber twin would be about 70th on the list)... as for the game itself... you have one team in a tailspin playing one team playing solid... what do you think happened here?? Though I have to admit I got a yuck when they put the Fatboy QB back into the game to protect Eli (who again played well and with more effort then his whole team combined).. gonna be a long year for NYC Football!

Buffalo at Pittsburgh:
Hrm, did I hear someone guarantee a Bills win?? Blood and urine please :P....It's funny how this time of year when we talk about JP Losman... and the word exposed comes to mind... and by December when the Bills are long done... we use the words "coming around"... go figure... maybe they were blinded by those ugly Gawdawful Steeler uniforms? Maybe it was Willie Parker running apesh!t all over them too.... or the fact that Losman can't complete a pass !??!? Either way the Steelers stomped on the Bills today.... you can't win it for the gimper, if you ain't gots no talent!

49ers at Rams:
Man the Rams lost two home games to open the year? YUCK.. they're a mess.. Marc Bulger got sacked six times, lost three fumbles, and they just can't get the offense in gear... Frank Gore pulled a Brett Favre and played GREAT after a family member dying, the 49er defense is playing decent enough (we'll see about this with the Steelers next week) and the Niners look like a solid contender this year.. while the Rams are just coming apart at the seams and just can't seem to get it started... did I mention, THANK GOD I didn't get a high pick in my fantasy drafts and waste one on Steven Jackson! Though to be fair to the Rams they were a stupid long field goal (57 yards) away from being 1-1 and maybe righting the ship, maybe they get it right against Tampa this week....

Saints at Tampa Bay:
Man oh man.. how quickly the Saints have fallen eh?? The offensive line is a MESS the defense seems lost and worn out Joey Galloway ran crazy on then in the secondary, even the Cadillac parked in the end zone for the first time in like 200 carries! And NOTHING is going right for the Satins right now who need to get back to using Deuce McAllister first and setting up the run and letting Reggie Bush slash and cut and catch passes and do all the things that made him so SCARY last yearthen again the Saints have yet to suck at home so we shall see..

Colts at Titans:
Yeah the Colts won the game and did what they needed to do on offense and defense and AGAIN start the year 2-0 but still I was more impressed by the Titans heart guts and effort to keep this game close and like it or not.. Vince Young finds ways to win games and keep his team in the game (yeah hes like the real deal and stuff :P) much credit to the Colts for hanging in with this team (Titans/Saints should be one HELL of a Monday Night game too) I really hate when Dallas plays on Sunday afternoon I so ignore the other games!

Seattle at Arizona:
I get the feeling this game is gonna surmise the entire season for both of these teams Arizona comes out gnus BLAZING (guess they remembered how to throw the ball down the field after that Week 1 Mess), Matt Leinart looked solid with his quasi-300 yard game (only one TD though).. Edgarrin James is looking like the mid-round stud I had hoped for! Seattles defense couldnt make any big stops when they needed to, and it showed even at the end when Seattle hurried back to tie the game, they let Arizona march down the field and kick the winning field goal to put the Cardinals in the win column and just start to muddy the waters in the NFC West a little more Like I said I think both teams are going to have games like this one often this year.

Vikings at Lions:
HOW IN THE BLOODY BLUE HELL ARE THE LIONS UNDEFEATED !!?!?! God that is depressing! Well Tavars Jackson throwing 4 picks didnt hurt (talk about a team that could have gone over the top with Leftwich.).. then again the Lions matched with that with 3 picks of their own scatter in 3 more fumbles and an overtime field goal and its upset city I suppose its a shame if Jackson was even Rex Grossman, the Vikings could run with this NFC North though I am still NOT sold on the Lions either.

Dallas at Miami:
I dont care what conferences say.. I dont care how many years its been in between things, but ever since my mothers awfully-fated second marriage Cowboys/Dolphins is a damn RIVALRY game Leon Lett on the blocked field goal (and Dallas not losing again after) family members friends they are seem to like those Dirtbag Dolphins so how happy was I when we squished the (non)Fish?? Ah it does me good even though this game was HANDED to Dallas on a shiny silver platter by Trent Green who pretty plainly showed us the NFL is past him now and I hope he likes his new job as QB Mentor! And with the change in power in the NFC East, the door seriously looks WIDE open for Dallas to run with it this year! Its nice to be back on top! Though I am still wondering how Tony Romos TD count doubled on my fantasy football sheet. Hrrmm more Sun Tavern Shenanigans abound!!

Jets at Ravens:
Wow, it's kinda funny... the Jets season is going so bad.. even that dopey fireman is on injured reserve!! For the first three quarters of this game it was a total unwatchable squash... then for some reason.. maybe it's the Ravens not having the weapons (or the coaching mindset) to finish a team off... maybe it was the Jets just getting it and desperate (Jets are another decent team that's started the year 0-2 at home)... but considering the Ravens just did the SAME THING last week with the Bengals (how ironic and similar is McCairns' dropped pass in the end zone to Todd Heap's End Zone Blunder last week??)... but the Ravens escape this one, but still show maybe they ain't as good as the other teams in that division?

Chiefs at Bears:
Poor Chiefs Guy... really... I know none of y'all know who he is... but every other week he comes into Sun Tavern and sits down to loyally watch his Chiefs and now he has to watch this unwatchable disaster as Devon Hester gets more yards returning then the Chief OFFENSE basically (and has almost out-scored them for the season :P) and even Rex Grossman eventually wore out and beat the Chiefs up Cedric Benson still STINKS though, but the Bears could not afford an 0-2 start at home, even more so with a MAJOR task coming up next Sunday Night! Good luck not getting liver damage watching this game in entireity!

Raiders at Denver:
I seem to mention once an HOUR on how much I HATE Mike Shanahan dont I ?? Well only cause I do this Viagra-Induced Hard-On he has for Jay Cutlet is going to BURY this team.. yes this kid has the skills and the arm Chad Pennington cant even have using all the madden card power-ups but still he makes WAY TOO MANY what the fvck is he DOING plays and your vaunted defense BLEW A SEVENTEEN POINT LEAD TO THE AWFUL RAIDERS maybe you should run the ball more fvckface!!!! I give the Raiders credit, they are showing signs of life AND offense this year which is impressive Lamont Jordan is back and the offense has some weapons and may be squeezing a few wins out as the season goes on (like next week for example!) and Denvers gonna start losing some games with this arrogance of this weasel douche coach of theirs and their OVERRATED defense!!

San Diego at New England:
Talk about running into the BUZZSAW here... poor Chargers... they walk into New England and play a PISSED OFF and sick of hearing about the spy-gate scandal and video cameras and cheating on defensive signals and just come out and open a 6-pack (forget a can) of pure Whoop-Ass on the overmatched Chargers, who are still learning their way in the Norv Turner way of offense... I am not ready to write the Chargers off yet... too much talent, and maybe like Cincinnati they need to mature some, and it's too early in the year... but this was a MAJOR wake-up call to the Chargers about getting their sh!t in order if they are thinking Super Bowl this year... and the same to Phillip Rivers cause he STUNK too last night... as for the Patriots.. they came they saw.. they spit out... just another game, as they may clinch the AFC East by the first week of October :P

Monday Sept 17
Washington at Phily:

Good God, the Redskins are 2-0 also ??? Thank God the Cowboys are as expected or the whole world would be lost!! But anyway... for anyone else who PAINFULLY sat through this awful, sloppy... miserable to watch game... hope you had money or fantasy football wins on the line... otherwise this game was as boring as Monday Night Raw of late!! It's not as much that McNabb is not back from his injury (he's throwing OK.. not great... but is afraid to run... but not lost like Culpepper was last year)... but his receivers are TOTALLY useless... all the Eagles can do is dink and dunk with Westbrook.... they make ZERO big plays... the defense is out too much and Jason Campbell (who gets better each week) out-did McNabb in this game spreading the ball and using his offense FAR better then McNabb did.... funny story in this one though... Redskins get the ball to the three....delay of game... back em up... false start... back em up again... I go to call Dave to make fun of him and say what the hell is this... as he picks up the phone... corner router... touchdown!... Holy hell... almost no sense in calling... I think the Eagles are in a LOT of trouble as I can't see them getting the top-tier WR they badly need (can they send Curtis back to St Louis cause he STINKS ON ICE, TURF AND GRASS).. and they got nothing else on offense.... I hope I never have to see as boring a game again!!

#140 JesterDevil

JesterDevil

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,115 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 03:01 PM

Vikings at Lions:
HOW IN THE BLOODY BLUE HELL ARE THE LIONS UNDEFEATED !!?!?! God that is depressing! Well Tavars Jackson throwing 4 picks didnt hurt (talk about a team that could have gone over the top with Leftwich.).. then again the Lions matched with that with 3 picks of their own scatter in 3 more fumbles and an overtime field goal and its upset city I suppose its a shame if Jackson was even Rex Grossman, the Vikings could run with this NFC North though I am still NOT sold on the Lions either.

You know, I've been a Lions fan since I was a wee little lad, and I haven't felt this optimistic about my team since we had Barry. And with Kevin Jones coming back soon where we'll actually have a running game, that will keep teams defense honest where they can't stack up against the pass. If Kitna can stop throwing red zone picks and the defense keeps playing the same way, I could see this team going 10-6 and possibly getting the wild card.
This team actually has heart and the attitude to win.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users