136 replies to this topic

#121 mddevsfan

mddevsfan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 07:03 AM

Apparently both Cams and AA's jerseys riped around the fight strap, and this may have been why cam got so bashed up, and injured, so you could be onto something there

:noclue:

Glad to see Reebok and the league really checked out everything during their "two years of development" that led to the new jerseys. :rolleyes:
"The Devils always find a way to win. That will continue." - Scott Stevens

#122 NJDevsFireOnIce

NJDevsFireOnIce

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 07:26 AM

Glad to see Reebok and the league really checked out everything during their "two years of development" that led to the new jerseys. :rolleyes:

i know.

I thought we played a good game last night. First period they were rusty but second and third they were good. We had some key players missing too! (Langenbrunner, Gio, Zubrus, Martin, Brodeur, Elias) While the Flyers had their 1st line out and we didnt have anyone from our first. Jordan Parise really impressed me last night. I have a billion pictures of him because I couldn’t keep my eye off of him! I just keep thinking how it would have been if our whole team was there…because if our team without marty, gio ect ect can get that far imagine what we would have done with them out on the ice too…speaking of the ice it was sh!tty. Ill have pictures of the game up as soon as I can get to a computer!

p.s. colin white did NOT get a penalty! I was surprised =)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Lazy

#123 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,777 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 07:27 AM

September 17, 2007
Janssen injures shoulder

Enforcer Cam Janssen might have injured his shoulder tonight because of the league’s new Reebok Edge sweaters. His sweater ripped during his two first period fights with Philadelphia’s Jesse Boulerice. That might have helped Boulerice pull Janssen’s jersey over his head in both altercations and win both decisively. Arron Asham also had his sweater tear during his fight with Riley Cote.

"These new jerseys are supposed to make you faster, but what good are they if they tear that easily,” Mike Rupp said.

"The Devils did not say tonight which shoulder Janssen injured. He missed 12 games last season after dislocating his right shoulder in a fight with Anaheim’s George Parros.

David Clarkson (win over Jason Smith), Asham (loss to Cote) and Rupp (draw with Ben Eager) also fought for the Devils in the first period.

Odds and ends: No one wore the captain’s C or the alternates A’s for the Devils. Patrik Elias, who was captain last season, remained home with Dainius Zubrus, Brian Gionta, Paul Martin and Martin Brodeur…Although Vitaly Vishnevski had been practicing with Colin White, he was paired with Karel Rachunek tonight. White played with Johnny Oduya. The Devils’ AHL team lost, 3-2, to the Flyers’ AHLers Monday afternoon in Trenton.

#124 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,482 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 08:24 AM

Or maybe this all part of an elaborate scheme to ban fighting!! dun dun DUN. It's a conspiracy!!! :ph34r:
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#125 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,572 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 11:05 AM

I enjoy this picture:

Posted Image

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#126 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,339 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 11:18 AM

I loe all RD's pics!! :lol:

Man I expect him to spin on his glove there (too much So You Think You Can Dance this summer)

I'm here for the party

#127 mddevsfan

mddevsfan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 12:59 PM

I loe all RD's pics!! :lol:

Man I expect him to spin on his glove there (too much So You Think You Can Dance this summer)

We'll see an article in a few weeks saying that Tallackson has retired from hockey to pursue his true passion as a professional breakdancer... :ph34r:
"The Devils always find a way to win. That will continue." - Scott Stevens

#128 Elias26

Elias26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,569 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 01:17 PM

I enjoy this picture:

Posted Image

Me 2.
I hate that tallywacker...
Bobby Holik wouldn't name a (Christmas) song. He said: "Music means nothing to me." When Tom Gulitti of the
Record suggested he'd be called Scrooge, Holik said: "It won't be the first time." -Bobby Holik Christmas 2008

“I made a decision to be here. Just because the team is going through a rough time doesn’t mean you leave. This has become my second home. I love playing here. Patrik Elias January 31, 2011

#129 Cal914

Cal914

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 01:49 PM

Janssen ripped two jerseys i thought...

where do you guys find these pics if you dont take them yourselves...

Edited by Cal914, 18 September 2007 - 01:50 PM.

-Cal
Official NJDevs.com keeper of "Zajac's first playoff goal
Official NJDevs.com keeper of The Colorado Rockies

#130 jkrdevil

jkrdevil

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,872 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 01:54 PM

Janssen ripped two jerseys i thought...

where do you guys find these pics if you dont take them yourselves...

Check Yahoo sports page. They usually have a photo gallery of each league and sport that is updated constantly.

#131 Cal914

Cal914

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 01:55 PM

Check Yahoo sports page. They usually have a photo gallery of each league and sport that is updated constantly.

there is only like 4 that i can find...
-Cal
Official NJDevs.com keeper of "Zajac's first playoff goal
Official NJDevs.com keeper of The Colorado Rockies

#132 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,572 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 02:02 PM

there is only like 4 that i can find...

http://sports.yahoo....eams/njd/photos

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#133 FlyerCub

FlyerCub

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 05:53 PM

I didn't take too many Devils pics other than trying to snap away during the fights, but I have pics from last night's game on my site. Pics from the AHL game are up there, too.
We may not share a favorite team, but we can agree on one - no, make that two - things: We hate the Rangers and Islanders!

#134 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,267 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 05:59 PM

who scored the 2nd goal? Yahoo's tracker sucks so badly..

The goals were by Parise and Greene, both were powerplays. I was listening to the game.

"THREW ONE IN FRONT IT’S BLOCKED THERE, SCRAMBLE FOR IT THERE THEY POKE AWAY AT IT, STILL ITS LOOSE, POKED AT BY KOVALCHUK-
THEY SCOOOOOOOOOREEEEEEE!!!!! HENRIQUE!! ITS OVER!!”

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

#135 SteveStevens

SteveStevens

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,503 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 07:52 PM

The one of Rachunek is good on flyercubs photos. Thanks for posting.

#136 threestars

threestars

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 09:25 PM

For those interested (I wasn't sure where to post this), all pre-season games that are televised (any team) are available through the NHL TV portal. It might take a bit to get it going, but it plays OK.

To get there follow this link (only an example, any team works) senators.nhl.tv/team Then click to get the portal.

Once it loads click the Center Ice tab on the right. Put the game you want into one of the 4 boxes, then in that box click on the little square-within-a-square icon it should load then.

Edited by ThreeStars, 18 September 2007 - 09:25 PM.

Posted Image

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Lowell Devils' Goalies: Frank Doyle and (co-keeper) Jordan Parise; Keeper of former Ottawa Senator Dean McAmmond; co-Keeper of David Clarkson; Keeper of the first goal at The Rock (thank you Meszaros/Neil) and the first EN goal at The Rock (thanks Alfie); and co-Keeper of NJDevs.com Keepers.

Proud recipient of the 2008 NJDevs.com Joe Nieuwendyk Award for Best Non-Devils Fan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

GO SENS GO!!!Posted ImageGO SENSGO!!!

I curse you Noah Webster for your defamation of the English language. I spit on you.

#137 threestars

threestars

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 09:27 PM

Oh, and from watching the Flyers-Sens game earlier, the Flyers new duds annoy me. They have the "A" on the seam between the white and black, it looks utter crap.

Posted Image

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Lowell Devils' Goalies: Frank Doyle and (co-keeper) Jordan Parise; Keeper of former Ottawa Senator Dean McAmmond; co-Keeper of David Clarkson; Keeper of the first goal at The Rock (thank you Meszaros/Neil) and the first EN goal at The Rock (thanks Alfie); and co-Keeper of NJDevs.com Keepers.

Proud recipient of the 2008 NJDevs.com Joe Nieuwendyk Award for Best Non-Devils Fan

GO SENS GO!!!Posted ImageGO SENSGO!!!

I curse you Noah Webster for your defamation of the English language. I spit on you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users