Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,980 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 06:54 PM

Oh my...

Milton

Padres' Bradley injured by own manager

SAN DIEGO - Padres left-fielder Milton Bradley tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee when he was spun to the ground by his manager Sunday during a blowup with an umpire and will miss the rest of the season.

The diagnosis came from an MRI exam, according to a person with knowledge of the situation, who spoke Monday on condition of anonymity because a formal announcement had yet to be made.

Bradley, who helped spark the wild-card leading Padres during the season's second half, was ejected by Mike Winters. He then hurt his knee during a bizarre scene when manager Bud Black spun him to the ground to keep him from going after the first base umpire in the eighth inning of Sunday's 7-3 loss to Colorado.

The Padres, trying to reach the playoffs for the third straight year, entered Monday night's game at San Francisco with a one-half game lead over Philadelphia in the wild-card race.

San Diego was 2

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#2 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,872 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 11:55 PM

After seeing this on TV, I have a different view entirely. Umpires do sometimes cross the line. Maybe this one wasn't Bradley's fault. But still, to get hurt like that and be done for that sucks.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#3 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,923 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 01:29 PM

Game over for Milton Bradley.

#4 Devilish34

Devilish34

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 02:55 PM

Game over for Milton Bradley.

Posted Image

86 the Kool Ade -- we need some fvcking icewater for these pussies

Posted ImageRIP Bill 1931-2007
RIP Major/Dr. John Paul Pryor killed in Iraq on 12/25/08. You will be greatly missed and can never be replaced.
What Happened To Dr Pryor?

You might be a Redneck if you brag about running a 11.57@118.14Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users