78 replies to this topic

#21 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,975 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 05:24 PM

This guy thinks the Bills will score 16 points? What's next, a Lunar Eclipse accompained with a tsumami hits Buffalo?

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#22 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 05:54 PM

rescanning the article I love how it says that Houston should have a better run game against the bad defense and that Atlanta should have a tough time running...and then they say that the Falcons will win...that's just dumb...
'05-'06 Hobey Baker Award Winner (Best Rookie Poster)

*click click* *whistle whistle* "Its my thing, my trademark...its what I do."

#23 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,688 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 06:51 PM

this is why we should wait on NFL threads until I get a chance to preview the week ;)
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#24 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 07:06 AM

this is why we should wait on NFL threads until I get a chance to preview the week ;)

Ok...

Let me predict Boys vs Rams:

0-54rams.

That sounds good :P
Posted Image

#25 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 08:16 AM

STEELERS VS RAVENS...

SHOULD BE A GOOD GAME!
IMO, the worst win I ever dealt, was the one in 2004-2005 Playoffs vs Pats. That was a heart break as a Steeler fan..

Steelers/Ravens ALWAYS a classic battle of physical football. I will miss Joey Porter for these games.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#26 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,002 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 04:48 PM

Sorry CRASHER... i won't post another NFL thread again, it was just getting late and i wanted to do something, and nothing was happening, so i posted an NFL Week 4 thread... :unsure:

Anyway this hello is from Big D, I'll be at the game Sunday, can't wait...

Talk to y'all later (i'm picking up the accent already hehe)

Peace out girl scouts.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#27 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,688 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 05:06 PM

Sorry CRASHER... i won't post another NFL thread again, it was just getting late and i wanted to do something, and nothing was happening, so i posted an NFL Week 4 thread... :unsure:

Anyway this hello is from Big D, I'll be at the game Sunday, can't wait...

Bah, the accent is scarier at Stars games :P

I was just saying since everyone was blasting the fool writing... let the resident expert get caught up on an awful week of work and get the NFL fans here all riled up! :koolaid: :evil:

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#28 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 05:09 PM

Steelers/Ravens ALWAYS a classic battle of physical football. I will miss Joey Porter for these games.

Porter was on the decline last year, see, he's doing nothing so far this year.

Oh boy, Hampton will have a great week, facing Chucky Okobi, Hampton is one of the best DT'S in the NFL(THe best one for 3-4 DEFENSE)
Posted Image

#29 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,688 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 10:26 AM

So here we go... week 4, in the league where the champion is determined on the field... and not in a voting room!!!

At least the Saints can't suck worse this week.. though I heard the bye has already sacked Drew Brees twice and he's fumbled :P (also off are Jacksonville, Washintgon and Tennesse.... I so liked it better when bye weeks went by DIVISON)

Green Bay at Minnesota:
What to look for... this should be the stiffest test for the Green Bay offense as the Minnesota D is very turnover hungry and has to compensate for embarrassing QB play and joke Wide Receivers, who will be handled quite well by the Packer Defense (I still can't tell what to make of this Green Bay team and if they are for real or not...) but these games are ALWAYS tight and the old myth that Brett Favre hates domes...but he'll break that dopey record this week for sure...

Oakland at Miami:
What to look for... Joey Porter running his mouth again and swearing to all that will hear that the Dolphins will win... I kinda can't argue with him... no way are the Raiders that improved to be 2-2 and a chance to lead this AFC West which has come apart at the seams already!

NY Jets at Buffalo:
What to look for... this is the week we see how bad the Jet defense and pass rush really is... if Trent Edwards gets enough time in the pocket to pick up Tom Brady's Sloppy Seconds.. the Jets are dicked!! If they get a shell of a pass rush and Marshawn Lynch gets squashed... then it's just the Jet D has been owned by better teams... here let me say it for him now.. the LCB prediction..."The Jets will win by 50, Lynch will quit the NFL and the Sabres suck and I hate life"/// see that's much easier ;)

Houston at Atlanta:
What to look for... oh how much revenge will matt Schaub get on the Fraud-filled Falcons this week ??? Not like they needed a guy who can throw the ball at all :P... This was my survivor pick (again, I've gone against Atlanta 3 of 4 weeks already!).. this should be a SQUASH

Chicago at Detroit:
What to look for... yeah Brian Griese is no Rex Grossman... but Cedric Benson is still no running back and the only weapon the Bears have on offense is Berrian who's a #2 guy at BEST.. I don't see Griese being much better then T-Over-Rex was... the Lions won't protect Kitna well and look for the Bears D to win this one somehow...

St. Louis at Dallas:
What to look for... well I'll take a similar result to the Rutgers game for Brian Leonard :evil:.. but I dunno.. this game stinks of TRAP all over it for Dallas... but this is a game they need to put away early and OFTEN.. the Rams WR's can give the Cowboys fits... provided Bulger has time to throw which he hasn't yet this year... this game makes me VERY nervous!

Baltimore at Cleveland:
What to look for... Jamal Lewis is gonna try to remind the Ravens of how good he was... but odds are he'll just show why they got RID of him...I get the feeling the Raven receipe for not covering the spread will hit here... expect a 17 or 20-3 Ravens lead... Mister ANDERSON (Woot Matrix Reference :boogie: :boogie: ) will lead them back and the Ravens win by a field goal :P

4pm
Tampa Bay at Carolina:
What to look for... who starts at QB for the Panthers? I don't think it matters... Tampa seems on a roll early, and the Panthers are a mess... the D-Line's been DEAD this year and I don't like very much about the Panthers... look for Tampa to put a Benoit... chokehold on the NFC South in this one!

Seattle at San Francisco:
What to look for.... the 49ers beat the Hawks both times last year... don't think they've forgotten... the Niner offense stinks on ice with a skunk stuffed in there for flavor and look for Seattle to beat some revenge out of them this week!

Kansas City at San Diego:
What to look for... turnovers... sloppy play.. highly touted RB's doing squat... herm on herm action!!! :lol:.. San Diego HAS to have this game and get stuff right... while ... yeah we just hope poor Chiefs Guy doesn't bring the family to this one!

Pittsburgh at Arizona:
What to look for... another revenge game as the Ken Wissenheint wants to show the Steelers what they coulda had in him and his coaching skills... no Heinz Ward and the fact that the Steelers ain't played anyone good.. and Arizona's 2 QB system I get the feeling is gonna be too much for the Tin Foil curtain in a game Pitt can afford to lose and the Cardindals NEED for some pride and to show it's not the same old mess in the desert!

Denver at Indianapolis:
What to look for... bad coaching... arrogant play calling... and Mike Shanahan FINDS WAYS to lose this game... usually Denver gives the Colts FITS in the regualr season... not this time.. I see an Indy squash in the making as Manning exposes this overrated puffed up crap-tastic defense of the Broncos!

8:15pm:
Philadelphia at NY Giants
What to look for .... I think Eagles made their statement and righted the ship... now if only they could smuggle those BUTT UGLY jerseys in...the Giants were LUCKY last week's game was GIFT wrapped to them by the $10 million brain-less trust of the Redskins... and I don't think they get that lucky this week and the Eagles re-assert themselves this week!

Monday:
New England at Cincinnati
What to look for... offense... lots of offense... this is a MAJOR "Over" game ;)... Just look and expect the team with superior and healthy weapons (that would be New England) to stomp a mudhole on this soft gutless Bengals team.. and whip them good... here I'll add a fun on for this... over/under on New England PUNTS... I'll leave it at two!!!

#30 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 11:03 AM

Here's my predictions for the teams who are going to win!

Green Bay @ Minnesota
Oakland @ Miami
NY Jets @ Buffalo
Houston @ Atlanta
Chicago @ Detroit
St.Louis @ Dallas
Baltimore @ Cleveland
Tampa Bay @ Carolina
Seattle @San Francisco
Kansas City @ San Diego
Pittsburgh @ Arizona
Denver @ Indianapolis
Philadelphia @ NY Giants
New England @ Cincinnati

So here's my picks , more clearer.

Green Bay,Oakland,NY Jets, Houston,Detroit,Dallas,Baltimore, Tampa Bay, Seattle, San Diego,Pittsburgh, Indianapolis,Philadelphia, New England.

I'm looking forward to see Steelers @ Cardinals on SOPCAST at 4:15pm!
Posted Image

#31 Mike441

Mike441

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 02:16 PM

Nothing would make me happier then to see ny giants beat the sh!t out of the eagels tonight on national TV. I hate the Eagels more then any other sports team

#32 devils26

devils26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 02:24 PM

This guy thinks the Bills will score 16 points? What's next, a Lunar Eclipse accompained with a tsumami hits Buffalo?

:whistling:

"The Devils always find a way to win, ... That will continue." -Scott Stevens
"I wouldn't think so. Nothing is broken. It's just a bruise." -Lou Lamoriello

Posted Image

#33 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 03:57 PM

Here's my predictions for the teams who are going to win!

Green Bay @ Minnesota YAY!
Oakland @ Miami YAY!
NY Jets @ Buffalo DOOOOOOOOOOH.
Houston @ Atlanta DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH.
Chicago @ Detroit YAY!
St.Louis @ Dallas YAY!
Baltimore @ Cleveland DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH
Tampa Bay @ Carolina
Seattle @San Francisco
Kansas City @ San Diego
Pittsburgh @ Arizona
Denver @ Indianapolis
Philadelphia @ NY Giants
New England @ Cincinnati

4 out of 7predictions, were right.
Posted Image

#34 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,849 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 04:26 PM

Edwards played very well today. However, I think everyone is being completely unfair to Losman. They were comparing stats between the two QBs showing how Edwards is beating J.P. in almost every category.

But Losman played 3 teams that had a combined record of 8-1 coming into today. Edwards played the Jets.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Watchin' the Colts play the Broncos. Both defenses look terrible. Particularly the Colts rush defense. The defensive line looks like swiss cheese.
"Lock'n'Load!" - Denny Crane
"Denny Crane!" - Denny Crane
"Trix are for kids!" - Denny Crane
"I hate cling-ons!" - Denny Crane

#35 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,421 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 04:29 PM

Edwards played very well today. However, I think everyone is being completely unfair to Losman. They were comparing stats between the two QBs showing how Edwards is beating J.P. in almost every category.

But Losman played 3 teams that had a combined record of 8-1 coming into today. Edwards played the Jets.

Too true.

Typical Jets, they always find a way to lose to the Bills at least once no matter how bad they are :P
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#36 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 05:03 PM

and my reign of ruining QB's by making them my fantasy starters continues...anyone wanna trade for Eli or McNabb?? :D
'05-'06 Hobey Baker Award Winner (Best Rookie Poster)

*click click* *whistle whistle* "Its my thing, my trademark...its what I do."

#37 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 06:26 PM

PATHETIC.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#38 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 06:28 PM

PATHETIC.

Calm down, you lost vs browns.

Steelers lost vs Cardinals...

Oh wait, Browns are worst ! :P Kidding.

Today Steelers O-line played like sh!t, same goes for W.P(Due to the O-line) The factor "ward" as a Blocker was missing.

I just hope we can fix those issues, when the Seahawks visit the Steelers next week.

And then, we can go 4-1, 5-1,6-1,6-2-6-3,7-3,8-3,9-4,10-4,-10-5,11-5.

Woopidoo :dance:

Edit: Lot of Steelers fans, felt if the Steelers weren't going to be 4-1 or 5-0 after 5games, There should be a BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGG problem.

Browns,Bills,49niners,Cardinals,Seahawks.

4-1 or 5-0.

3-2 is ..weak.

Edited by TravisZajac, 30 September 2007 - 06:29 PM.

Posted Image

#39 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,849 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 06:31 PM

Watchin' the Colts play the Broncos. Both defenses look terrible. Particularly the Colts rush defense. The defensive line looks like swiss cheese.

Colts win DESPITE not being able to stop the run very well. But a costly win with Addai and Harrison getting injured.
"Lock'n'Load!" - Denny Crane
"Denny Crane!" - Denny Crane
"Trix are for kids!" - Denny Crane
"I hate cling-ons!" - Denny Crane

#40 JesterDevil

JesterDevil

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,115 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 06:35 PM

And then, we can go 8-3,9-4

Didn't know you could win a game and lose a game at the same time. :whistling:

Lions first half SUCKED. They were way out of sync, but they played an awesome second half and beat the NFC champs. Defense played some smash mouth football this week unlike last week against the Eagles where they just didn't feel like tackling. Next up Skins.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users