78 replies to this topic

#1 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,002 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 04:00 PM

Bears QB Brian Griese will start this week against a Lions secondary that got picked apart by Donovan McNabb. The Bears' pass defense struggled last week, which is good news for Lions QB Jon Kitna, who passed for 446 yards against the Eagles last week.
Detroit 34, Bears 34

QB Tony Romo will be tested this week against a Rams defense that limited Jeff Garcia to just 151 yards on 14 of 22 passes. Rams RB Steven Jackson will miss this week with a partial tear in his left groin. RB Brian Leonard will face a Cowboys defense that completely shut down the Bears' running game last week.
Dallas 31 Rams 17

Last week, Ravens RB Willis McGahee rushed for 98 yards, including a 37-yard burst. McGahee should have success against a Browns defense that has trouble stopping the run. Browns QB Derek Anderson threw two interceptions after making poor reads last week and could struggle against a tough Ravens' defense.
Baltimore 24, Cleveland 19

Last week, the Jets' offensive line played better than it had in the first two games. QB Chad Pennington should have more success against a Bills defense that got torched last week by Tom Brady, who completed 79.3 percent of his passes for 311 yards and four TDs. The Bills could be without QB J.P. Losman, who sprained his left knee last week and is expected to miss up to two weeks.
Jets 19, Buffalo 16

Houston should have more success running the ball this week against a Falcons defense who allowed Panthers RB DeShaun Foster to rush for 122 yards and a touchdown. The Falcons, who have struggled running the ball, could struggle against a Texans defense that is allowing just 76.6 rushing yards per game.
Atlanta 21 Houstan 20

The Packers had problems running the ball last week, mustering 41 yards on 12 running plays. The Packers face a Vikings defense that held Larry Johnson to 42 yards on 23 carries. The Packers' run defense will be tested this week against Rookie Adrian Peterson, who gained 102 yards on 25 carries last week.
GB- 20, Min 17

Raiders QB Josh McCown left the game last week with a foot injury, but Daunte Culpepper stepped in and completed eight of 14 passes for 118 yards. Culpepper could start against his old team, which is led by QB Trent Green, who led three long touchdown drives of 80, 76 and 90 yards, while spreading the ball around to seven receivers against the Jets.
Miami 19, Oakland 17.

Seahawks RB Shaun Alexander should have a good game against a 49ers defense that had problems stopping Willie Parker, who rushed for 133 yards on 24 carries last week. RB Frank Gore, who gained just 39 yards on 14 carries last week, could struggle against a Seahawks defense that limited Rudi Johnson to nine yards on 17 carries.
SanFran 20, Seattle 19.

Panthers RB DeShaun Foster ran for 122 yards against the Falcons last week and should have similar success against a Buccaneers defense that allowed 115 rushing yards by Steven Jackson. The Bucs' rushing attack will be tested this week against a Panthers defense that limited the Falcons to 91 rushing yards.
Car 20, TB 16

Chargers RB LaDainian Tomlinson should rebound this week against a Chiefs defense that got run over by Adrian Peterson, who had runs of 16, 11, 12 and 14 yards last week. Chiefs QB Damon Huard could have success against a Chargers defense that got torched by Brett Favre, who passed for 369 yards with three touchdowns and no picks.
SD- 27, KC 14

Colts RB Joseph Addai, who rushed for just 72 yards last week, should have more success against a Broncos defense that got pushed around left week. The Broncos were ineffective running the ball last week and could struggle against a Colts defense that limited Houston to just 40 yards on the ground.
Colts 29, Denver 19.

Last week, Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger completed 13 passes for 160 yards and one touchdown. The Steelers' offense should continue its success against a Cardinals defense that gives up too many big plays. The Cardinals could fall behind early and be forced to abandoned the run.
Pitt. 23, Arizona 16.

Eagles QB Donovan McNabb turned in one of the best performances of his career last week, with a 158.3 passer rating. McNabb could have success against an injured Giants defense. Giants QB Eli Manning hopes to take advantage of the Eagles' secondary, which gave up 314 passing yards without Lito Sheppard and Brian Dawkins.
Phi 24, NYG 21.

The Bengals had two interceptions last week, but couldn't stop Seattle's passing game. The Bengals' defense could struggle against Patriots QB Tom Brady, who has completed nearly 80 percent of his passes. Bengals QB Carson Palmer, who completed 27-of-43 passes for 342 yards, could struggle this week against a tough Patriots defense.
NE 28, Bengals 21.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#2 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 04:41 PM

Ooh...the Rams only allowed 151 yds with Jeff Garcia...it's Jeff Garcia...really...it's Jeff Garcia...if not for a big string of luck last year he'd still be a second stringer sitting on the bench in Philly...
'05-'06 Hobey Baker Award Winner (Best Rookie Poster)

*click click* *whistle whistle* "Its my thing, my trademark...its what I do."

#3 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,002 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 08:03 PM

Ooh...the Rams only allowed 151 yds with Jeff Garcia...it's Jeff Garcia...really...it's Jeff Garcia...if not for a big string of luck last year he'd still be a second stringer sitting on the bench in Philly...

Thats exactly what i was thinking... (I'm going to the game in big d this weekend!!)

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#4 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,324 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 11:25 AM

I'm headed to Miami this weekend to watch what surely will be a barn-burner between my 'Phins and the Raiders. :rolleyes: Needless to say, I will be consuming large quantities of alcohol.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#5 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,693 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 11:39 AM

I'm headed to Miami this weekend to watch what surely will be a barn-burner between my 'Phins and the Raiders. :rolleyes: Needless to say, I will be consuming large quantities of alcohol.

Oh baby this is a 4 star bad football beauty that I will DEMAND a TV for (no seriously I love two crappy football teams running up and down the field in a shootout... heh... if the Raiders win, they could lay a claim to first place :rofl:)

I will be rooting for Miami though.. they must move above the browns in the draft order!
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#6 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 11:44 AM

Its the bloody HOBOKEN festival this Sunday, so I won't be able to watch my Ravens in my favorite pub as it will be overrun by "outsiders".
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#7 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,693 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 11:58 AM

Its the bloody HOBOKEN festival this Sunday, so I won't be able to watch my Ravens in my favorite pub as it will be overrun by "outsiders".

the dude you seriously go to the WRONG bar... no joking!!!
I set the law on my side of Sun Tavern (I also bribe them with large tips, free PC check ups and Pumpkin Bread at the end of the season)... but I get ALL the games nice and spread out for all to enjoy !!! It's not that far of a trek for ya if you are THAT annoyed B ) :koolaid:

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#8 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,324 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 12:03 PM

Oh baby this is a 4 star bad football beauty that I will DEMAND a TV for (no seriously I love two crappy football teams running up and down the field in a shootout... heh... if the Raiders win, they could lay a claim to first place :rofl:)

I will be rooting for Miami though.. they must move above the browns in the draft order!

Culpepper is coming back to Miami this week, which means he will probably throw for 300 yards and 4 TD's, furthering my misery for this season. :rolleyes: But it's gonna be a fun time down there. I have a couple of friends who are big Raider fans so we're headed down for the weekend. Gonna do a lot of partying. The game could go either way- just two bad football teams, which means it actually might be a pretty good game from a competitive standpoint. I just want a freaking win already. For me and my Raider fan buddies, this is our SB. :P

Any town that would plan some gay-ass festival on a Sunday during football season should be disbanded and sold back to the indians.

#9 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,693 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 12:22 PM

Culpepper is coming back to Miami this week, which means he will probably throw for 300 yards and 4 TD's, furthering my misery for this season. :rolleyes: But it's gonna be a fun time down there. I have a couple of friends who are big Raider fans so we're headed down for the weekend. Gonna do a lot of partying. The game could go either way- just two bad football teams, which means it actually might be a pretty good game from a competitive standpoint. I just want a freaking win already. For me and my Raider fan buddies, this is our SB. :P

I felt that way about the Miami-Dallas game... hence why I ribbed you on it being Dallas 9th home game since we don't play Arizona every year anymore B )... The Miami/Dallas game has been a HUGE rivalry in my house for YEARS now... and I couldn't stomach the idea of losing to that awful team... well unless it worked out like the Leon Lett game did way back when :evil:

Just stuff Lamont Jordan so I see the guy I work with do shots till he falls into a coma ;)

#10 Kicksave Brodeur!!

Kicksave Brodeur!!

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 12:37 PM

Any town that would plan some gay-ass festival on a Sunday during football season should be disbanded and sold back to the indians.

It should be a great time down there! Drink a few for me eh?!! I got a couple of good friends who are phin fans too,one lives down by AC, so I'll be heading that way this weekend to see the game with him! you are right about this being our SB..for all the bragging rights! Good luck and stay outta jail down there :D

#11 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,324 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 12:51 PM

I felt that way about the Miami-Dallas game... hence why I ribbed you on it being Dallas 9th home game since we don't play Arizona every year anymore B )... The Miami/Dallas game has been a HUGE rivalry in my house for YEARS now... and I couldn't stomach the idea of losing to that awful team... well unless it worked out like the Leon Lett game did way back when :evil:

Just stuff Lamont Jordan so I see the guy I work with do shots till he falls into a coma ;)

Yeah, the Dolphins-Raiders rivalry has been strong among us for years. I've had the bragging rights for the regular season most years, but the ONE TIME we played them in the playoffs back in 2000 the Raiders throttled us 23-0, thanks to another incompetent performance by the great Jay Fiedler. :rolleyes: I still have the image of Tory James running 90 yards with that pick in my nightmares...

#12 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,324 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 12:53 PM

It should be a great time down there! Drink a few for me eh?!! I got a couple of good friends who are phin fans too,one lives down by AC, so I'll be heading that way this weekend to see the game with him! you are right about this being our SB..for all the bragging rights! Good luck and stay outta jail down there :D

Thanks man- have a good time down in AC too!! I don't think I'll have any problems with the law, but if I have to watch Knees sling the ball all over the yard on our defense, I might need to be talked off the Dolphin Stadium light stansions. :P

#13 Kicksave Brodeur!!

Kicksave Brodeur!!

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 12:56 PM

Yeah, the Dolphins-Raiders rivalry has been strong among us for years. I've had the bragging rights for the regular season most years, but the ONE TIME we played them in the playoffs back in 2000 the Raiders throttled us 23-0, thanks to another incompetent performance by the great Jay Fiedler. :rolleyes: I still have the image of Tory James running 90 yards with that pick in my nightmares...

Ahh Tory James...dude the raiders NEVER should have gotten rid of him! What a great CB, and I loved the fact that we got him from the hated broncos!

#14 Kicksave Brodeur!!

Kicksave Brodeur!!

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 01:03 PM

Thanks man- have a good time down in AC too!! I don't think I'll have any problems with the law, but if I have to watch Knees sling the ball all over the yard on our defense, I might need to be talked off the Dolphin Stadium light stansions. :P

I don't know if DC will do all that,I see it as a FG fest...maybe kiffin will get a chance to perfect the "shanny" last second icing technique :rolleyes:

#15 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,324 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 01:10 PM

Ahh Tory James...dude the raiders NEVER should have gotten rid of him! What a great CB, and I loved the fact that we got him from the hated broncos!

I hate that guy man. I hate Jay Fiedler more though. Quick story about that game: The Devs and Rangers actually had an afternoon game the same day. After it was over, I clean the snow off my car to make the quick drive over to my friend's house to watch the game with him and his entire family, who are all Raider fans. As I'm driving, I have the beginning of the game on the radio, and Fiedler is actually leading a nice drive- getting 1st downs, moving the ball. THE MINUTE I get to the door of the house and walk in, Fiedler throws the pick to James. It set the tone for the day, as I was kindly welcomed by my friend and his family with chants of FIED-LER FIED-LER, in addition to them high-fiving and celebrating the TD. I had a feeling we were done for the day right there, and I was right. My Raider fan friends never let me forget that fvcking game to this day. :angry:

I don't know if DC will do all that,I see it as a FG fest...maybe kiffin will get a chance to perfect the "shanny" last second icing technique :rolleyes:

It could go either way- I could see it being a 9-6 kind of game or a 38-35 kind of game. You never really know when you have two crappy teams going at it.

#16 Kicksave Brodeur!!

Kicksave Brodeur!!

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 01:17 PM

I hate that guy man. I hate Jay Fiedler more though. Quick story about that game: The Devs and Rangers actually had an afternoon game the same day. After it was over, I clean the snow off my car to make the quick drive over to my friend's house to watch the game with him and his entire family, who are all Raider fans. As I'm driving, I have the beginning of the game on the radio, and Fiedler is actually leading a nice drive- getting 1st downs, moving the ball. THE MINUTE I get to the door of the house and walk in, Fiedler throws the pick to James. It set the tone for the day, as I was kindly welcomed by my friend and his family with chants of FIED-LER FIED-LER, in addition to them high-fiving and celebrating the TD. I had a feeling we were done for the day right there, and I was right. My Raider fan friends never let me forget that fvcking game to this day. :angry:

It could go either way- I could see it being a 9-6 kind of game or a 38-35 kind of game. You never really know when you have two crappy teams going at it.

LOL.. yeah thats a classic story!! My cousin is a huge bronco fan so you can imagine some of the phone calls I've got from him over the years :argh: The game will be fun regardless of the outcome when you have good friends busting each others balls! Just my opinion I could be wrong :whistling:

#17 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,324 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 01:29 PM

LOL.. yeah thats a classic story!! My cousin is a huge bronco fan so you can imagine some of the phone calls I've got from him over the years :argh: The game will be fun regardless of the outcome when you have good friends busting each others balls! Just my opinion I could be wrong :whistling:

Absolutely man!! Hey you never know- whoever loses this game might have the bragging rights in April!! :P

#18 Kicksave Brodeur!!

Kicksave Brodeur!!

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 01:53 PM

Absolutely man!! Hey you never know- whoever loses this game might have the bragging rights in April!! :P

ahahah...don't start! :P I hope we don't EVER get another 1st pick again! At least not till AD kicks the bucket.. i don't think i could go through that crap again!

#19 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 02:10 PM

the dude you seriously go to the WRONG bar... no joking!!!
I set the law on my side of Sun Tavern (I also bribe them with large tips, free PC check ups and Pumpkin Bread at the end of the season)... but I get ALL the games nice and spread out for all to enjoy !!! It's not that far of a trek for ya if you are THAT annoyed B ) :koolaid:

This bar has several variables going on in its favor:

Its in stumbling/crawling distance from my gym and apartment, they have great food, cheap beer, I essentially get my own section, and a good percentage of my tab goes to my sons U-Promise account for Harvard.

Plus all the Steeler fanatics are at Texas Arizona.....which I can't wait to taunt them again this year when we play Pittsburgh. The booing and hissing at my Suggs/Lewis or Ed Reed jersey is music to my ears.

Can't say I disagree.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#20 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 04:11 PM

This bar has several variables going on in its favor:

Its in stumbling/crawling distance from my gym and apartment, they have great food, cheap beer, I essentially get my own section, and a good percentage of my tab goes to my sons U-Promise account for Harvard.

Plus all the Steeler fanatics are at Texas Arizona.....which I can't wait to taunt them again this year when we play Pittsburgh. The booing and hissing at my Suggs/Lewis or Ed Reed jersey is music to my ears.

STEELERS VS RAVENS...

SHOULD BE A GOOD GAME!

IMO, the worst win I ever dealt, was the one in 2004-2005 Playoffs vs Pats. That was a heart break as a Steeler fan..
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users