Posted Image

#82 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,720 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 10:58 PM

Wow...even the curse of Satan's Devils is no match for the curse of Clown and Buffalo's sports teams :saddevil:

Although I admit after rooting for Buffalo for 59:58 I rooted against them when they pulled the chintzy timeout trick after the Dallas kicker made that long FG. And Folk became a Folk Hero by making it again :rofl:
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#83 metallidevils

metallidevils

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 11:01 PM

HELL YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
"We had our chances. But Martin Brodeur is a hell of a player."
Posted Image
Posted Image of "It's a power play goal! F*** you Sam Rosen!"

#84 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,855 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 11:01 PM

Oh, that was brutal. That's just one more knife to the heart for Buffalo sports fans. Sooooooo close and nothin'.....

That just sucks beyond all measure of suckitude.
"Lock'n'Load!" - Denny Crane
"Denny Crane!" - Denny Crane
"Trix are for kids!" - Denny Crane
"I hate cling-ons!" - Denny Crane

#85 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 11:02 PM

What an amazing game of football. That rule has to go. We may see that each week for the rest of the season and could kill how many fans?

That game had everything. What did the Bills have to do to win?

That kicker has some leg. To make that kick twice. Wow. Those were going in from 60 or more.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#86 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,836 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 11:10 PM

NICK FOLK HERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Hey Clown... I love ya man... but DAMN!!

Funny how my cell phone kinda died with the bills!!!
un-freaking-REAL!!!!!

and one more add on... how did they review the Owens drop when Romo spiked the ball thusly meaning the next play had happened making it unreviewable???
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#87 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 11:12 PM

un-freaking-REAL!!!!!

and one more add on... how did they review the Owens drop when Romo spiked the ball thusly meaning the next play had happened making it unreviewable???

They probably blew the whistle at the same time. It happened so quickly that I think it was the right call. It is hard to relay that to the refs and then stop the game in 6 seconds.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#88 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,860 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 11:40 PM

un-freaking-REAL!!!!!

You won. Isn't it enough?

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#89 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,836 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 11:50 PM

You won. Isn't it enough?

I'm asking for a clarification on the rules and how they were able to review a play that seemed like had already been one play past...I asked it as it was happening... but I was kinda at a bar with no sound... crabby yankee fans all over and no good answer given.... so I asked here in case it happens AGAIN in the future regardless of team so that I can expand my football KNOWLEDGE and know for the future....

isn't that what asking questions is about???

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#90 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 12:17 AM

:D
'05-'06 Hobey Baker Award Winner (Best Rookie Poster)

*click click* *whistle whistle* "Its my thing, my trademark...its what I do."

#91 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,977 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 12:50 AM

I just got done watching the game on DVR.

I have come to accept, with open arms, whatever this curse is. Whatever is going on in the city of Buffalo, or somewhere in the Western New York area, that causes these things to happen. Maybe Satan lives there, who knows. Maybe there are bad things going on in the neighborhood there, maybe the people there are just not deserving of any joy and deserve to live as a sports fan in dire pain.

In the past, I would normally rant a rave about this kind of loss, but really, what is the point? It has gotten so ridiculous lately, that I am actually enjoying this to some small, twi$ted degree. It is what makes these fans unique, it is what making being a Buffalo fan...well, a Buffalo fan...an obnoxious, obsessive fan who lives and dies by the performances of his/her teams. These two teams, when losing games like this, knock me out for days. You think Ill get work done tomorrow? Heck, I got $ick days, might as well use em!

I'll be back for more later on...a$ for now, I cannot even break this down. Hey, CRA$HER, good game...and I'm $ure Trey Wingo is getting his jolleys off right now as well.

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#92 overtime98

overtime98

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 01:05 AM

Nice win by Dallas.... It wouldve been a LOW point in there seaosn to lose that one.... Romo 5 INTs but a win is a win....... How will the Cowboys do against the patriots?
New Jersey Devils 3 time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003!

Posted Image

#93 Devilish34

Devilish34

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 05:42 AM

I just got done watching the game on DVR.

I have come to accept, with open arms, whatever this curse is. Whatever is going on in the city of Buffalo, or somewhere in the Western New York area, that causes these things to happen. Maybe Satan lives there, who knows.

Well it is kind of down stream from Toronto soooo......
And Satan I beleive still has a residence on the island

86 the Kool Ade -- we need some fvcking icewater for these pussies

Posted ImageRIP Bill 1931-2007
RIP Major/Dr. John Paul Pryor killed in Iraq on 12/25/08. You will be greatly missed and can never be replaced.
What Happened To Dr Pryor?

You might be a Redneck if you brag about running a 11.57@118.14Posted Image

#94 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,836 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 07:42 AM

Hey Clown, just remember even a two and a half year old can say Buffalo STINKS!!! :lol:

(that was the first time we ever got her to say something on queue into the phone too... it was pretty funny... though my sister's eyes popped out when I said Bella should get a good girl candy for that :giggle: )

Thank God I didn't get her to try to say Romo's better!!! :whistling:

#95 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 08:01 AM

All the replay official has to do is buzz the Ref on the field before the snap. I believe there was supposed to be a system in place to be able to tell by a light going on so that there would be no hanky-panky. I saw it used once before. It was a yellow light under on the playclock so you could see the snap, play clock, and this light to be able to get the timing. I was screaming to see that one. Hell even the instant replay wasn't 100% conclusive IMO. I've seen much more blatant drops get by the replay due to inconclusive evidence. But of course the announcers were 100% sold on T.O. dropping the ball.

Definitely hometown refs there last night. I started keeping track of the B.S. after T.O. got flagged for "spiking" the ball after a first down catch. Guess the refs were pissed he didn't hand it to them.
There was other stuff, for example, they also called T.O. out of bounds on another nice catch where he was OBVIOUSLY forced out.

Frustrating game, but they didn't quit, and did a lot right.

You gotta thank the Almighty the Boys were playing the bIlls and not the Buffalo Parochial Girls School Football team. I mean, how do you lose a game after getting 5 picks and a fumble recovery??!!!! ROFLMAO! wow!

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#96 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,836 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 08:09 AM

All the replay official has to do is buzz the Ref on the field before the snap. I believe there was supposed to be a system in place to be able to tell by a light going on so that there would be no hanky-panky. I saw it used once before. It was a yellow light under on the playclock so you could see the snap, play clock, and this light to be able to get the timing. I was screaming to see that one. Hell even the instant replay wasn't 100% conclusive IMO. I've seen much more blatant drops get by the replay due to inconclusive evidence. But of course the announcers were 100% sold on T.O. dropping the ball.

Definitely hometown refs there last night. I started keeping track of the B.S. after T.O. got flagged for "spiking" the ball after a first down catch. Guess the refs were pissed he didn't hand it to them.
There was other stuff, for example, they also called T.O. out of bounds on another nice catch where he was OBVIOUSLY forced out.

Frustrating game, but they didn't quit, and did a lot right.

You gotta thank the Almighty the Boys were playing the bIlls and not the Buffalo Parochial Girls School Football team. I mean, how do you lose a game after getting 5 picks and a fumble recovery??!!!! ROFLMAO! wow!

I don't watch Cowboy games at home... I need a supply of Jack ready just in case... you know.. like last night.... and there were too many yankee fans crying in their beer (amazing how they only show up in the playoffs :P) for me to get the sound on (and by game's end I was too much in freak out mode to accept that)... I couldn't even think straight to know if the replay was conclusive :P...I've never seen it done before and I watch a LOT of football so I was confused, but hey I'm not allowed to ask those questions cause we won right?? :angry:

the spike has been called like 5 times this year (shockey got one too)... it's a stupid rule but nowhere near as dumb as the freeze the kicker rule...

again I'm happy the defense didn't quit and bailed the offense out this week... now we need to get Henry healthy to cover Welker next week... every team in the NFL has one or two letdown games like that...but to pull it out of their ass like so... DAMN!!!! :boogie:

#97 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,436 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 08:30 AM

What an exciting game last night. Usually ESPN bores the heck out of me, but the game was so intriguing I couldn't stop watching.

My only question for the coverage: Witten, Barber and Crayton are the only things keeping Dallas in the game, so why in the last 6 minutes are they doing close-ups on T.O. when all he had done was drop passes and get penalties???
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#98 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,836 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 08:34 AM

What an exciting game last night. Usually ESPN bores the heck out of me, but the game was so intriguing I couldn't stop watching.

My only question for the coverage: Witten, Barber and Crayton are the only things keeping Dallas in the game, so why in the last 6 minutes are they doing close-ups on T.O. when all he had done was drop passes and get penalties???

you answered your own question

why does an 8:30 game not kick off till 8:50 ??
why do we have to see comments on the Patriots and let Tony Kornheiser breathe air and live?

ESPN is the single worst thing about pro sports now far and beyond

but even they can't make you stop watching when the game is good... now NEXT week.... eeww

#99 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 09:44 AM

the spike has been called like 5 times this year (shockey got one too)... it's a stupid rule but nowhere near as dumb as the freeze the kicker rule...

I'm all for cutting down on the B.S. celebrating for a run of the mill first down or a mediocre tackle.

But the "spike" was actually just one of those dropping the ball spinning things that guys do. It did not delay the game, as there was no official to hand the ball to standing right there. Nor do they have to hand it to someone. They can leave the ball on the ground where they fall, and do so often.

It just seems to me they are calling these weak penalties on guys like T.O., Ocho Cinco, Shockey but not calling them on others Harrison, Holt, Smith, due to their reputations, not the act itself.

If T.O. spiked it or did any flash dancin or talked any smack at all, I'd have sed a flag was warranted, but all he did was get up from the tackle, and drop the ball where he walked with a little spin, nonchalantly to his side. ... weak.

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#100 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,977 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 12:02 PM

Now that I have had some time to reflect on this game, I must say Im proud of the showing the Buffalo Bills, and the fans, put on for this game. The Bills are severly undermanned on defense, and man, they came to play. I'm not even going to get into that Trent Edwards pass when they could just have kicked a FG and ended it, I am just glad for one night Ralph Wilson stadium felt like the early 90's again.

Hopefully better days will be ahead.

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users