130 replies to this topic

#121 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,693 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 12:10 PM

In Clown's defense, we've won 3 Cups since Matteau, and the Cowboys have won 5 SB's. I understand his pain.

I didn't say I don't understand the pain, I do... I'm just saying you can't wear it like a badge of honor and expect it to NOT happen again that's all

I'm sure plenty of us remember when the Patriots were the biggest joke in the NFL too....
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#122 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 01:13 PM

I'm sure plenty of us remember when the Patriots were the biggest joke in the NFL too....

I lost every dime I had that first SuperBowl. But I loved the underboob. I mean underdog.

I lost a pile against friggin GB too.

But they have been veryverygoodtome lately. ;)

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#123 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,975 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 01:36 PM

I bet if you poll 10000 Pat$ fans, 9000 will say the franchise was founded when the Tuna arrived

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#124 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,693 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 01:37 PM

I bet if you poll 10000 Pat$ fans, 9000 will say the franchise was founded when the Tuna arrived

Poor dumb bastards :P
another team that did not become a success until fatso walked away from them!!

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#125 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 02:10 PM

Well like I told you on the phone man... this is what you get for a franchise that sits there and EMBRACES it's failures like they do my man :evil:

You don't see Cowboy fans embracing "the catch" or "the fumble" or the 1-15 season
You don't see Devil fans running around Matteau Matteau, etc :P

You need to put yout failure past you or they consume you sir!! :koolaid:

How many of today's Dallas fans know who Leon Lett is?

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#126 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 02:22 PM

c'mon! The man dominated!

but...

He show boated too. That made me ill. Good thing it didn't cost em anything that time. (It was the bIlls) Don Beebe earned a lotta respect that day.

His Thanksgiving Turkey he did in the snow against Miami was worse. THE VERY NEXT YEAR!! I was watching that one in St. Thomas.
What an ass that day!

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#127 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,693 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 02:24 PM

hey we can accept the Leon Lett muff on the Thanksgiving Day thing, cause it was the last time the Cowboys lost again that year !!! :boogie: :boogie:

#128 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 06:27 PM

I like to think of Leon Lett as the guy who stopped the Cowboys from becoming the team with the highest ever Super Bowl score....thanks a bunch buddy!!
'05-'06 Hobey Baker Award Winner (Best Rookie Poster)

*click click* *whistle whistle* "Its my thing, my trademark...its what I do."

#129 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,693 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 06:30 PM

I like to think of Leon Lett as the guy who stopped the Cowboys from becoming the team with the highest ever Super Bowl score....thanks a bunch buddy!!

Think of how much money flipped hands on Super Bowl Boxes ALONE that day!!

#130 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,012 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 06:34 PM

Yeah.. Leon Lett is infamous for his Pre-Touchdown celebration.. but let me tell you, he is one of the classiest guys there is. I was in the Dallas pro shop 2 weeks ago with my 8 year old son.. he comes in, and out of nowhere starts playin football with my son, pickin him up and grunting when my son tries to mow him over. Never met the guy before, never seen him before, and he just came in and had fun. He autographed a ball and signed a personal message, one for me and one for my son, which was easily 3 sentences long, saying to my son "Work on that power move!!" on the ball. He is one class act.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#131 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 11:52 PM

Yeah.. Leon Lett is infamous for his Pre-Touchdown celebration.. but let me tell you, he is one of the classiest guys there is. I was in the Dallas pro shop 2 weeks ago with my 8 year old son.. he comes in, and out of nowhere starts playin football with my son, pickin him up and grunting when my son tries to mow him over. Never met the guy before, never seen him before, and he just came in and had fun. He autographed a ball and signed a personal message, one for me and one for my son, which was easily 3 sentences long, saying to my son "Work on that power move!!" on the ball. He is one class act.

Very nice. B )

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users