84 replies to this topic

#41 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 04:30 PM

Derek your hate gives me tears of joy :)

I expect them to lose to New England (hell I picked them as 12-4.. that's still 4 losses isn't it??)... really you are seriously taking the bitter fan pill a little too far... it's not healthy

so far in each and every comment comeback and analysis I've made about your team I've KEPT IT to ON the field stuff and game performances and LEGITIMATE game analysis... and I'll keep it that way... but if all you got is fan comments (and Giant fans SHOULD talk... I still hear the ever cleverless Romo the ++++ or fumble jokes, y'all ain't no better)

so really...
get off the high horse
lose the bitter pills

I've been through some BRUTAL sh!t in my 26 years of Dallas Cowboy fandom go I DESERVE SOME fvckING SLACK FOR BEING HAPPY ABOUT MY TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AMEN! Us big Cowboys fans deserve to cheer and talk about our cowboys! I've been a huge Cowboys fan since i was 7, 28 long, agonizing, exciting and depressing years.

So right now we are 4-0, giants are 3-2, so we'll either be 1 or 2 games behind the G-women after this week. Needless to say, I'm excited about my team, so all i can, will, and want to say, is HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#42 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,052 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 05:23 PM

They had a MONSTER second half. It seemed as if the first half they were determined to hand the game to the Jets. The Jets are going nowhere fast with Chad.

Eh the Jets are just an awful football team period. Defensively they can't stop the run, sack the QB or defend the pass (other than Revis). When you can't stop the run, sack the QB or defend the pass your chances of stopping the other team aren't that good :P Other than Revis and Rhodes you can pretty much take anyone off the Jets' defense and I wouldn't care, in fact I would want you to take them.

And Chad has been awful the last two weeks in the crunch, for supposedly one of the three smartest QB's in the league he just can't have the INT's he's had the last couple of weeks. He'll be benched probably sometime within the next couple of weeks and Clemens will have an extended audition but let's not hang the man in effigy here. Benching Chad is not going to fix the Jets by any stretch.

Even the balleyhooed acquisition of Thomas Jones has done nothing, although it's hard for me to understand how he ever got 1200-1300 yards in a season lining up like eight-nine yards behind the line of scrimmage on every down :blink:
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#43 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,849 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 08:45 PM

I just finished watching the Colts-Bucs game.

Ken Keith, who finished last year 4th in rushing in the CFL for the Roughriders, just ran all over Tampa today. Holy crap.... Joseph WHO?!?!?

I didn't think that ex-Stampeder Garcia played poorly. He was 19 for 23. And the 4 that were not completed hit guys on the hands and they just didn't hold on. But I'd bet that the Bucs ended up with negative rushing yards on the day. They couldn't go anywhere. So Indy must have plugged the holes that they had last week when the run was working against them.
"Lock'n'Load!" - Denny Crane
"Denny Crane!" - Denny Crane
"Trix are for kids!" - Denny Crane
"I hate cling-ons!" - Denny Crane

#44 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,320 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 09:14 AM

Yea! We won another nail biter against a pop warner team!!
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#45 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 10:43 AM

Yea! We won another nail biter against a pop warner team!!

Your 3-2 atleast..

So far the Divison is looking like this:

Steelers 4-1
Ravens 3-2
Browns 2-3
Bengals 1-3.

Humm.. I'm looking forward for the Steelers vs Ravens games :uni:
Posted Image

#46 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,320 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 04:51 PM

Your 3-2 atleast..
So far the Divison is looking like this:

Steelers 4-1
Ravens 3-2
Browns 2-3
Bengals 1-3.
Humm.. I'm looking forward for the Steelers vs Ravens games :uni:

We are 3-2 against inferior teams, now our schedule gets tough.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#47 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,535 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 11:15 PM

the week in review might be a tad late for the near heart attack and coronary the writer experienced tonight :lol:
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#48 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 11:21 PM

Two words. Only Buffalo.

I feel sorry for my friend. He asked not to get any calls. Now he'll destroy his DVR watching that joke. I'm even aggravated. I blogged that depressing Game 4 and then had to watch that? Geez.

Maybe he's right. They just shouldn't exist. What torment.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#49 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,535 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 11:23 PM

Well to be a little fair.. the Cowboy defense did play VERY well in this one.. stufifng that 4th and 1 and the late Newman INT, and only kept Buffalo to 3 points also... that too should be factored into Dallas being ABLE to right the ship and come back in what may be the most retarded comeback in sports history!!

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#50 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,849 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 11:27 PM

and the late Newman INT

True. It was that INT that set everything in motion for the comeback. If Edwards didn't force that pass where it shouldn't have gone, that was a chip-shot field goal and game over.
"Lock'n'Load!" - Denny Crane
"Denny Crane!" - Denny Crane
"Trix are for kids!" - Denny Crane
"I hate cling-ons!" - Denny Crane

#51 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 11:32 PM

I just can't fathom it. I didn't pay attention much to it cause of the Yanks. But good god. Has anyone ever seen a kicker frozen and then make the kick again with it on the line? And from that distance?

Only Buffalo.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#52 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,535 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 11:33 PM

I just can't fathom it. I didn't pay attention much to it cause of the Yanks. But good god. Has anyone ever seen a kicker frozen and then make the kick again with it on the line? And from that distance?

Only Buffalo.

you know I know it's not in your nature, how about giving the KICKER credit for making the longest kick of his career twice??

I said in week 2... I said it in week 3... this time out rule HAS to go!!!

#53 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 11:38 PM

I just did with that post. How about you now admit that Romo isn't a great QB.

If Dallas is the best team in the NFC, there's hope yet. :) :dance:

Edited by Derek21, 08 October 2007 - 11:39 PM.

#54 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,535 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 11:44 PM

and Brett Favre NEVER had a game like this??
well no... he usually LOST when he put up a stinker like this :P

As if Pennington didn't gift wrap the Giants game either?? (I'll get to that when I settle down from this one...) good teams find ways to win this kinda game... bad teams LOSE it

despite all the bad play, and all the mistakes... they STILL went down the field and made all the plays and still WON THE GAME, isn't that what we play to do??? :koolaid:

a miracle win from a letdown game against a who cares opponent except for some nostaliga and a few jabs at Clown.. I'll take it... the style points can wait for next week... though I am enjoying how much it's pissing you off... did ya slam the yankee hat and A-Rod jersey in disgust Derek?? please tell us you did !! :evil:

#55 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,535 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 11:46 PM

Posted Image

:boogie: :boogie: :boogie:

#56 metallidevils

metallidevils

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 11:24 AM

A little bitter here? hmm, jeter didn't have a good series at all, howbout you throw away everything else he's done and admit he's not a great SS!

Also, how is this good news for the rest of the league? The quarterback/offense was AWFUL, and the team still won!

Edited by metallidevils, 09 October 2007 - 11:25 AM.

"We had our chances. But Martin Brodeur is a hell of a player."
Posted Image
Posted Image of "It's a power play goal! F*** you Sam Rosen!"

#57 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,535 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 12:02 PM

Well to be fair this wasn't Derek's weekend... his little yankees got smoked... his love child in Avery is out a month... Scott Gomez is still mowing lawns, and life has been mean to him... we should just embrace his bitterness and feel the same!!

Funny how Clown.. you know the BILLS FAN... is taking it better then he!! :P

#58 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,964 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 12:06 PM

Posted Image

:boogie: :boogie: :boogie:

:evilcry:

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#59 metallidevils

metallidevils

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 01:06 PM

I was watching the game with a Giants fan and a Jets fan...they were both Yankee fans, and they were still intent on making fun of me 'when' the cowboys lost, even though we just watched the end of the Yankees game...boy was it a sweet night :)
"We had our chances. But Martin Brodeur is a hell of a player."
Posted Image
Posted Image of "It's a power play goal! F*** you Sam Rosen!"

#60 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,535 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 01:08 PM

I was watching the game with a Giants fan and a Jets fan...they were both Yankee fans, and they were still intent on making fun of me 'when' the cowboys lost, even though we just watched the end of the Yankees game...boy was it a sweet night :)

I had a BAR full of them around me that night
and I tell you wholly...a nice lil John Sterling.... THEEEEEEE COWBOYS.... WINNN!!!!

oh it sends em home STEAMING!!! :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users