84 replies to this topic

#61 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 01:39 PM

I'll tell you exactly when that Time Out rule will be gone Crash....the moment a kicker goes up kicks the ball that misses only to see that the opposing coach called a time out and then the re-kick is good...after that...we won't see them any more...

Nick Folk is my HERO!!! :D
'05-'06 Hobey Baker Award Winner (Best Rookie Poster)

*click click* *whistle whistle* "Its my thing, my trademark...its what I do."

#62 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,486 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 01:42 PM

I'm hoping they get a clue for next year and make two changes:

1. the coach can not call a time out on defense with less then 5 seconds to go on the game or play clock..
2. the spike the ball rule is idiotic too but this is still the no fun league and it shows :P
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#63 LetsGoDevils

LetsGoDevils

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,177 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 02:58 PM

Bills deserved the loss.

3rd and 8 at Dallas 11. Six minutes left in the game, up by 8 points, they pass and get intercepted. Should've just ran the ball, used up a little more clock if they were stopped and then kicked the FG, going up by 11. Force Dallas to score a TD, 2-point conversion and a FG to tie, or score two TDs to win in the final six minutes. Nope they try a pass.

But they quickly get the ball back as Romo flubs again. They run the first two downs, gaining 3 yards. Then they pass-incomplete STOPPING the clock. Why not run again, even if stuffed for no gain or a loss, they'd chew up a little more of the clock? Heck even take a delay of the game penalty as you were near mid-field when they punted anyway.
So Say We All

#64 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,278 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 04:56 PM

Bills deserved the loss.

3rd and 8 at Dallas 11. Six minutes left in the game, up by 8 points, they pass and get intercepted. Should've just ran the ball, used up a little more clock if they were stopped and then kicked the FG, going up by 11. Force Dallas to score a TD, 2-point conversion and a FG to tie, or score two TDs to win in the final six minutes. Nope they try a pass.

But they quickly get the ball back as Romo flubs again. They run the first two downs, gaining 3 yards. Then they pass-incomplete STOPPING the clock. Why not run again, even if stuffed for no gain or a loss, they'd chew up a little more of the clock? Heck even take a delay of the game penalty as you were near mid-field when they punted anyway.

Agreed and also tack on the bad clock management and decision to try a long field goal, which allowed Dallas 3 more points at the end of the half. Bad coaching lost that game.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#65 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 07:34 PM

eh, the bad calling negated the 7 points they got off the batted ball....horrible horrible luck on a day that looked like everything was completely against the 'Boys...

#66 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,486 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 09:44 AM

Week Five… a time of desperation for some teams… for others it’s time to get on the draft clock… for others… it’s time to try to figure out what the fvck happened this year…and for a few of the NFL’s Elite to flex their muscle again… all in a week in the NFL, which still delivers the best regular season action of ANY sport on the planet! And does anyone else doubt that after that Monday Night MAGIC in Buffalo?

Sunday Oct 7:
Atlanta at Tennessee:

Damn, how bad are the Falcons?? They create new and more absurd ways to lose games…but still.. how can you pull Joey Harrington in the middle of the game for Bryon Leftwich who’s basically had two weeks of practice as the backup?? Good Lord that’s just DUMB! Titans turn the ball over 5 times (see Romo wasn’t the ONLY one!), getting a late punt SACKED (yes I wrote that right)… and by the way… Leftwich… 2 for 8, 28 yards and a pick! The Titans pulled one out of their ass but that is WHAT GOOD TEAMS DO! Glad I didn’t see much of this one, it was heavy on the UGLY from what I saw on NFL Replay

Jacksonville Kansas City:
Thank God for On Demand and the NFL Network… like I said before with the 9 games at one when the NFL makes this moron schedule of 9 games at 1pm and 3 at 4pm… you just CAN’T watch them all….so I watch the 10 minute version!... first thing I noticed… the Chiefs would have a good passing attack if that moron coach would let it… good weapons (this kid Bowe is a PLAYER) and Huard is not TERRIBLE, and it would do wonders for the rest of this team (you know like the sans-TD Larry Johnson (15 yards total on the game… WTF ?!?!) for one)… teams trade field goals (herm’s favorite call)… except the Jaguars make their FG attempt, and speaking of disappointing running backs… Maurice Jones-Drew finds the end zone finally (most likely cause I traded his ass)… the Jags keep poking and chipping away at the Chiefs and bounce up to a 17-0 lead while the Chiefs can do nothing on offense.. hell they even stopped showing the Chiefs at this point of the 10 minute replay…. They put Brody Crolye in for the last drive and the Chiefs get a garbage TD on the LAST play of the day to get the over, but that’s about it… poor Huard… he deserved better then this… then again no offensive player deserves the Herm as their coach!

NY Jets at NY Giants:
You watched the first half of this one and you were just SURE…. ah typical Giants feeling too good about themselves…. Too busy patting themselves on the back… Eli looks bad… the defense was sloppy, and nothing was going right for them… but then the second half hit and boy did the Jets UNRAVEL in this one… they can’t run the ball and they stop trying… they can’t pass the ball more then 10 yards at a try (now I like Chad… but this team as it is and what they want to do… they can’t win with this guy).. and his soft arm duck INTs he threw to seal the game for the Giants just kinda PROVES that… now I’m not saying Chad is not a good QB, just not the RIGHT one for the Jets…but then again the whole Jet offense is really drab and predictable right now… the TV guys at one time that when Jones lines up in the I the Jets run 95% of the time from that… is that right?!?!?! Geesh!!!

Miami at Houston:
This game wasn’t much to talk about… the thing that got people talking about this game is the likely last game ever that Trent Green will play in for his NFL career…the play started as disaster when Ted Ginn fumbles the ball on the reverse…but he recovers (and tries to do a Tony Romo)… Ginn comes back to the right… Ronnie Brown makes a MONSTER block… Ginn to the corner (and the big block by Brown is what got me to notice)… and here comes Trent Green to make a (low and sorta dirty) cut block that gets Travis Johnson right smack on the knee (which too could have been a career ending injury… and I got a kick out of his commentary calling it a dirty hit and a possible career ender… I mean dude be upset about it.... yeah… talk smack about it, but still…. dude the OTHER GUY’S CAREER IS OVER… at least say something about that too, I mean I do that in hockey and I take exception to cheap shots on me too… and I get back at them… but if I mess them up… I say something back at least!)…. Anyway… about the game, the only thing you can say is no one plays for the 50 yard plus Field Goal like Kris Brown does!! Texans win, and it gets uglier for Miami… or maybe not… Cleo Lemon looked better then Trent Green did… it might be time to go gracefully….

Detroit at Washington:
You know how I keep saying John Kitna stinks and he’s god awful on the road? Um .. yeah.. bingo! The Redskins look like a better and better team each week (well unless it’s a last second drive to win the game and they are working first and goal….) Jason Campbell almost had 300 yards passing today… the running backs had big days and even Brian’s fantasy football man-crush Chris Cooley found the end zone today! This was a complete and total ass whipping as Joe Gibbs never EVER loses to the Lions (who are still an overrated sham team if you ask me and you did because YOU ARE READING THIS right?) and comes back from the bye STRONG.

Arizona at St.Louis:
Why in the HELL was this game at 1pm? (I really hate when the NFL piles all the games into the early slot and only gives you three games to watch at 4, two games were blowouts and the other was an unwatchable BORE)… but this game was full of drama and excitement… Kurt Warner takes over for Leinart for good this year (Leinart is out with a busted shoulder) and embraced by the town he brought to the promised land.. Edge had a solid game (I’ll take the phantom TD even though it wasn’t!)

Cleveland at New England:
I keep saying about the Patriots that I will believe they can lose a game when a team shows me they can beat or keep up with them…. The Browns are NOT this team… and the Patriots just randomly pick WR names out of a hat and it’s chose THIS guy is going to be the one who has the monster game… this time it was Donte Stallworth… the Browns made a few mistakes early and the Pats just pounced on them to lead big at the half (20-0) … and perhaps seeing the caliber of opponent in store for them next week, they took it a little easy on the Browns and only beat them by 17 :P.. though I will say each week more and more Derek Anderson is looking like the real deal at QB, and Brady Quinn may be riding pine for the rest of the season at least and some team is going to be VERY happy to trade for this guy (Carolina maybe?)

Carolina at New Orleans:
How BAD is it for the Saints now? How about owned by David Carr bad?? (though it is funny it took this awful statue and his faggit gloves to be the victim of the Saints ONLY sack this year.. you read that right… ONE SACK IN FIVE GAMES)… Reggie Bush is scared of being a running back and is close to being the Michael Vick of RB’s (you know the QB who can’t throw, so now we have an RB that can’t run).. and when your biggest play of the game is the punter being rushed so hard and fast he has to pull the ball down and run for his LIFE.. and a first down.. yeah… you’re fvcked eh?? The Saints can’t do anything right and when you have guys like Drew Brees walking around going… I don’t know what we are.. AFTER FIVE WEEKS OF FOOTBALL?
Yeah the Aints are back folks… so something IS right with the world! And oh yeah, somehow Carolina found a way to be less bad then the Saints… yippie kai yey futhermucker!

Seattle at Pittsburgh:
Total stompage… there was going to be no bad calls here to win the games for the Steelers… they just came out and WHIPPED the Seahawks shutting down every aspect of that high powered offense… shutting them out and holding them to under 200 yards total and even got Hasselbeck taken out of the game at one point.. and when you pound a team THAT bad with your defense… the offense is going to come, and in this one it was one good Roethelsberger pass… and the Todd Heap of running backs (yes that’s a joke fired ONLY at Mike).. Willie Parker has a nice day, but it’s Najeah Davenport who gets the 2 TDs and the Steelers roll!

Ravens at 49ers:
The untalented force met the unwatchable object as two of the worst offensive teams I can ever recall watching butted heads in this vintage ANTI-CLASSIC football game… a game that made 2-1 15 shot total trap-fest hockey games look full of speed, high tempo and pure excitement!! There is really nothing good that can be said about this game, unless you were getting free shots while you watched it (ok… so I did... big deal.. I’m allowed... it’s how I roll!!) and I can really bring myself to say nothing good about this… you know your team sucks when they MISS Alex Smith, any questions??

Tampa Bay at Colts:
Does it really seem to matter who’s playing on offense for the Colts.. no Harrison.. no Adaai… NO PROBLEM… well it didn’t hurt that Tampa lost for the season maybe their two most important guys in LT Petitgout, and Cadillac Williams… this game was a recipe for an ass whipping, and it didn’t take long for it to happen… in fact we thought this was a 4:15 game, and by the time we flipped to it… 14-0… next!!! Tampa REALLY tried, but they ain’t even allowed to sniff the jocks of the NFC Elite, so forget about being close to the AFC Elite!

San Diego at Denver:
I’ve been hearing a lot in the last two days… hey the Chargers are back… look out… here they come.. it’s gonna be just like last year now… ummm.. NO!!! Congratulations, you beat the bloody PISS out of a team that is more pathetic, inept, overrated and coming apart at the seams then you are…. WHOOPIE DAMN DO!!! The Broncos are a joke, and it’s finally looking like the time for that rotten weasel Shanahan’s time has run out in Denver (only so many years can you fail and fail again before you see the genius of the Broncos Super Bowls was that of John Elway and Terrell Davis and not the runt with the headset)… though LT fans how big of a dagger was it to see Michael Turner run that 78 yard TD and have an LT day on the Broncos?? All that aside the Chargers did put a quick and easy end to the reeling Broncos by recovering a fumbled kick return back into the end zone to make it 14-0 before you could blink.. and it was good game, now run up the score on that rotten ass and we all can enjoy our Sunday!

8:15pm:
Bears at Packers:

Damn did I call THIS one on NJDevs this week eh ?? (for those of you who read elsewhere I have expanded my NFL Coverage into a preview column that I do exclusively on NJDevs.com in the locker room… sounds cooler then saying “I rant before the games too and not just after” doesn’t it??)…perhaps the Packers feel a bit too good about themselves now and the needed a good old pimp slap back to Earth… and this was the game to do it in… after dominating the Bears (who looked as lost as the Saints) they only lead by 7-0, and had a few bad fumbles close to end zone which kept the game too close… and no matter how bad an NFL offense is doing and how lost as a team they are… you let a team hang around, and more so your Number One Rival, it’s gonna bite you in the ASS… and the Bears have nothing at WR and RB, but they got two pretty good Tight Ends now and they used them well in the comeback drive… Brett Favre is now YOUR ALL TIME INTERCEPTION LEADER… talk about THAT for 3 months now ESPN would ya?? The Bears REALLY needed this game and it showed in the 4th Quarter… I think they can kiss the divison goodbye, but I’d say only the Saints are out of the NFC Wild Card Race (maybe the 49ers too)

Monday, October 8:
Dallas at Buffalo:

If you did not stay and watch all of this game… I don’t think I can really help you on this one…but let’s see what I can do….Tony Romo played as BAD an NFL Game as you will see a QB have (Hell this is RUTGERS BAD now)… 5 Int’s … and a fumble… but the Dallas Defense bent a LOT but never broke (allowed 3 points and got a KEY 4th Quarter INT on 3rd and goal from about the 8)…and despite allowing 2 TDs on OFFENSE and a third on special teams, the defense kept the Bills out of the end zone and forced some key plays to set up what is maybe the most amazing but ABSURD comeback you will ever see in Monday Night Football!!...and it just sweetened the pot to have the bitter Yankee fans left in the bar (most were so loyal they left after 6 innings) come over and try to mock the game….but this was my actual dialogue here….
“nice game ++++”
“don’t worry they’ll score and blow the 2 point conversion”
… they did… the Yankee ex-wagoneers laugh and agree…. I smirk and go… ahhh.. but the onside kick… and then the kick bounces out of Crayton’s hands… past the Bills guy.. RECOVERED BY DALLAS!!! Here we go…. Romo to Witten… 14 yards… and they hurry and spike the ball… no wait… replay judges are in (I had no sound to be able to hear when they decided to review it, but again I ask because I was not sure and assumed Romo got the spike off before they can review….)… anyway…play is no good… 2 more quick dump-offs… and there’s the ball on the 37 yard line…. They line up for the FG…and we all know this AWFUL time out is coming…. The kick is good… but so is the time out (this rule HAS TO GO)… so they go again… and it’s GOOD AGAIN!! COWBOYS WIN… THEEEEEEEEE… COWBOYS…. WIN!!! (there you go Yankee fans… a little John Sterling for ya to enjoy !!!)…. Just another Monday Night!!

Power Rankings for Week 4
NFC:

1. Dallas … out of the ass the game was pulled, but still to even be able to win a game like that when you get that BAD a game from the QB, a testament to the rest of the team!
2. Green Bay … no one else in the NFC deserves the spot… wonder if teams will learn from what the Bears did
3. Arizona… the POWER OF CHRIST… errr.. WARNER compels them!! Beating the teams they are SUPPOSED to … a welcome change in the desert!
4. Washington… hey they are 4-1, and they PASTED the “mighty” Lions
5. NY Giants… purely a default pick showing how bad the NFC really is

AFC:
1. New England… Garbage TD late to cover the spread pissed off a few patrons!
2. Indianapolis… Their B Team is better then most A Teams
3. Steelers… no bad call required to win this one!
4. Houston… a Wild Card game is not out of the question here
5. Jacksonville… loves beating up on the AFC West, don’t they?

Edited by CRASHER, 10 October 2007 - 09:45 AM.

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#67 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,278 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 12:04 PM

Ravens at 49ers:
The untalented force met the unwatchable object as two of the worst offensive teams I can ever recall watching butted heads in this vintage ANTI-CLASSIC football game… a game that made 2-1 15 shot total trap-fest hockey games look full of speed, high tempo and pure excitement!! There is really nothing good that can be said about this game, unless you were getting free shots while you watched it (ok… so I did... big deal.. I’m allowed... it’s how I roll!!) and I can really bring myself to say nothing good about this… you know your team sucks when they MISS Alex Smith, any questions??

Sadly, I can't disagree.

I don't understand how we can have 350+ offensive yards per game and NOT score.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#68 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,854 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 02:01 PM

Power Rankings for Week 4
NFC:

1. Dallas … out of the ass the game was pulled, but still to even be able to win a game like that when you get that BAD a game from the QB, a testament to the rest of the team!
2. Green Bay … no one else in the NFC deserves the spot… wonder if teams will learn from what the Bears did
3. Arizona… the POWER OF CHRIST… errr.. WARNER compels them!! Beating the teams they are SUPPOSED to … a welcome change in the desert!
4. Washington… hey they are 3-1, and they PASTED the “mighty” Lions but blew a 17-point lead at home to the default fifth pick showing just how flawed the Crasher system really is. :hah: :doh1:
5. NY Giants… purely a default pick showing how bad the NFC really is even though I rate the Cards ahead in a pathetic division.

AFC:
1. New England… Garbage TD late to cover the spread pissed off a few patrons!
2. Indianapolis… Their B Team is better then most A Teams
3. Steelers… no bad call required to win this one!
4. Houston… a Wild Card game is not out of the question here
5. Jacksonville… loves beating up on the AFC West, don’t they?

*fixed*

Tennessee should get the fourth spot. They're a better team than the Texans.

Also, Tampa is just as good as Arizona.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#69 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,932 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 02:07 PM

*fixed*
Tennessee should get the fourth spot. They're a better team than the Texans.

Also, Tampa is just as good as Arizona.

Texans and Arizona in the Top 5 of Power Rankings $peak$ volume$ about how bad the league is right now...wait, I thought there was all this parity in the NFL? Seems to be baseball has less parity, if you can believe that.

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#70 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,854 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 02:12 PM

See. You should be more upset about that loss. The Bills could've been alive. LOL

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#71 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,486 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 02:19 PM

You know what Derek.....

BLOW ME!!!!!!

I spent the entire weekend driving back and forth from DC, desperate to get as much football information as I could and get my ass back here for the 1:00 games, had 4 computer crisises... as well as a 5th today going on... and I MADE A SMALL TYPO (you know 4 is right next to three in my exhaustion to get sh!t done)... but there's your panties all in a huff... and I thought we can't judge teams by wins and losses right ??

Let's see... Giants... Losses (Cowboys 5-0, Packers 4-1) Wins (Jets 1-5, Redskins 3-1, Eagles 1-3)
Redskins.... Wins...(Eagles 1-3, Detroit 3-2, Miami 0-5) Losses (Giants 3-2)... and the Redskins are getting IMPROVED play from the QB (while Eli gets more sporadic week by week) and they seem to really believe in themselves... this is the one team I am worried about beating out Dallas for the NFC East

I'd say Tampa is on the verge of a collapse and a 6-10 finish, but the rest of the NFC South is even MORE hideous.... Tampa's not very good at all... and Arizona beat the Steelers, let's see either Tampa, the Redskins or your precious Giants pull that kind of win off!!

but hey pat your self on your little back and feel all better about yourself

least I actually put my sh!t out there and work on using facts and reasons why I see things like I do... and how many of these games do YOU watch every week?? I know I'm a devotee to the Sunday Football and as many games as I can watch!

So go take your nitpicking and your Donne Baseball security blanket and go watch the 94 Rangers DVD yet again, I'm sure it will make you feel good about yourself again... stick to hockey whining... it's truly what you write best about!

#72 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,954 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 03:43 PM

The Carolina Panthers have just signed a 43 year old QB. This QB is turning 44 next month. The Carolina Panthers have just signed Vinny Testaverde. John Fox believes he could start this week.

Help me!

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#73 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,486 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 04:40 PM

The Carolina Panthers have just signed a 43 year old QB. This QB is turning 44 next month. The Carolina Panthers have just signed Vinny Testaverde. John Fox believes he could start this week.

Help me!

Dude as a Vinny rehab sufferer... I really ... do truly.... feel your pain...there's no lower point in the NFL then having Vinny throw interceptions for your team... like I said in the review... trade for Derek Anderson next year... seriously!!

#74 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,954 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 06:21 PM

Dude as a Vinny rehab sufferer... I really ... do truly.... feel your pain...there's no lower point in the NFL then having Vinny throw interceptions for your team... like I said in the review... trade for Derek Anderson next year... seriously!!

I like Delhomme. He was doing great this year. 8:1 touchdowns to interceptions was as strong as anyone in the league. Just a weird injury. I don't think we need another starter.

Vinny is older than our QB coach. When he played in the National Championship our other QB, Matt Moore wasn't even born.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#75 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,991 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 08:30 PM

Eh it could be worse dr, you could be a fan of any of the three stooges in the AFC East :P

Signing Vinny's just scary though. I think Dan Henning's still in Carolina? That's why you signed him but man his last meaningful passes were like two and a half, three years ago.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#76 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,954 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 10:19 PM

Henning got canned last year. Apparently they wanted Rattay but the Cardinals beat them to it.

I have heard all these amazing things about Vinny from the Pats camp from Brady but I think I've seen how bad he has been over the last 6-7 years not to get excited.

Edited by devilsrule33, 11 October 2007 - 01:01 AM.

logokx.jpg

#77 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,854 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 11:49 PM

You know what Derek.....

BLOW ME!!!!!!

I spent the entire weekend driving back and forth from DC, desperate to get as much football information as I could and get my ass back here for the 1:00 games, had 4 computer crisises... as well as a 5th today going on... and I MADE A SMALL TYPO (you know 4 is right next to three in my exhaustion to get sh!t done)... but there's your panties all in a huff... and I thought we can't judge teams by wins and losses right ??

Let's see... Giants... Losses (Cowboys 5-0, Packers 4-1) Wins (Jets 1-5, Redskins 3-1, Eagles 1-3)
Redskins.... Wins...(Eagles 1-3, Detroit 3-2, Miami 0-5) Losses (Giants 3-2)... and the Redskins are getting IMPROVED play from the QB (while Eli gets more sporadic week by week) and they seem to really believe in themselves... this is the one team I am worried about beating out Dallas for the NFC East

I'd say Tampa is on the verge of a collapse and a 6-10 finish, but the rest of the NFC South is even MORE hideous.... Tampa's not very good at all... and Arizona beat the Steelers, let's see either Tampa, the Redskins or your precious Giants pull that kind of win off!!

but hey pat your self on your little back and feel all better about yourself

least I actually put my sh!t out there and work on using facts and reasons why I see things like I do... and how many of these games do YOU watch every week?? I know I'm a devotee to the Sunday Football and as many games as I can watch!

So go take your nitpicking and your Donne Baseball security blanket and go watch the 94 Rangers DVD yet again, I'm sure it will make you feel good about yourself again... stick to hockey whining... it's truly what you write best about!

:rofl:

Looks like I won. Crash. You showed your true colors here. Don't give the Giants credit. I don't care.

#78 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,486 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 12:05 AM

Looks like I won. Crash. You showed your true colors here. Don't give the Giants credit. I don't care.

What that I said the Redskins are a better team then the Giants??
I admit I'm pissed off at the NY Market since I can't hear thirty seconds of NFL talk on the damn radio (and don't start me again on Fatcessa cutting out on his NATIONALLY AIRED Football Show Sunday Morning half way through to whine about Torre getting fired either :rant:).. but I've ONLY been impressed with about 5 teams so far in the NFL.... New England, Indy (amazing how many injuries they are ignoring now), the Raiders (yes really, they got nothing, but first place in their division), Dallas, and Washington too... there's a lot of average to not so average teams in the NFL this year (and when you are prepping for 3 fantasy leagues in the off-season... you STUDY for this crap)

and what are you basing the level of good the Giants on anyway?? Enlighten me! Eli's showed a little guts this year playing hurt when needed too, but he's still been spotty.. and only gets worse as the weahter does.... Plaxico is FEASTING on smaller DB's (he still drops the easy passes.. but what top level WR doesn't now?)... Ward's been a NICE surprise and I'm still not sold on that defense, if you block the ends... the rest is bad... but if you can't... your D is only as good as the pass rush (true for any team)... the kicker misses too many field goals... add it up.. and you get an average team, that still has a history of feeling too good on itself ignoring the coaching staff and up and falling over dead in the second half!

and like I said.. how many games DO you actually watch each Sunday? I average 8 to 12 of them (depending on conflicts and how soon I can corner off my half of the bar B ) ), and then listen to the NY Teams since they put the sound on and have them on the big screens out of my view

If you didn't care you'd not have replied :P

#79 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 06:55 AM

What that I said the Redskins are a better team then the Giants??
I admit I'm pissed off at the NY Market since I can't hear thirty seconds of NFL talk on the damn radio (and don't start me again on Fatcessa cutting out on his NATIONALLY AIRED Football Show Sunday Morning half way through to whine about Torre getting fired either :rant:).. but I've ONLY been impressed with about 5 teams so far in the NFL.... New England, Indy (amazing how many injuries they are ignoring now), the Raiders (yes really, they got nothing, but first place in their division), Dallas, and Washington too... there's a lot of average to not so average teams in the NFL this year (and when you are prepping for 3 fantasy leagues in the off-season... you STUDY for this crap)

What about tha Steelers?
Winning vs Seahawks, without Holmes,Ward,Hampton,Polamalu,McFadden?
And they're 4-1.

:P
Posted Image

#80 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 09:38 AM

Crasher, Derek, awww....you guys....so cute

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users