#1 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,012 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 01:40 PM

http://www.dallascow...8C6E984BF10AB26

IRVING, Texas - The Cowboys are 5-0 for the first time since 1983, and quarterback Tony Romo is at the center of all the hype. But, as Romo learned a few weeks ago, winning on the field doesn't guarantee smooth sailing off of the field.

Just days after Romo led the Cowboys to a 34-10 victory over the Bears at Soldier Field, his father Ramiro, was diagnosed with prostate cancer. While the specific details of his condition are unknown, Romo says that his father's surgery is "coming up", a procedure certainly weighing heavily on his mind.

"[Parents getting sick] is part of getting older," a frustrated Romo told reporters here Friday after the Cowboys finished preparation for Sunday's meeting with New England at Texas Stadium (3:15 p.m. CDT). "It happens to a lot of people."

Romo briefly came into the locker room after practice on Friday, telling reporters he didn't want to talk. But the media persisted, wanting to know if the quarterback's mental toughness would be affected during Sunday's "Duel in Dallas."

"Football is football," Romo said. "When you get out on the field everything just kind of goes away. You just keep people in your prayers."

Romo insists that his six turnovers, including five interceptions, Monday night against the Bills had nothing to do with his dad's current condition, and Cowboys owner Jerry Jones agrees.

"I can't say that I didn't expect from time to time to have some turnovers," Jones said in a press conference Friday at Valley Ranch. "I have felt that would happen. What I did see, which is what we all saw, was the ability to come back from that and in fact win a ball game. And I also saw that you can have turnovers, but if you have enough skill, and particularly at that position, you can have a lot of turnovers - more than any of us could have ever imagined - and still win the ball game."

As for this week's much-anticipated battle with the 5-0 Patriots, Jones isn't losing sleep over his starting quarterback's ability to complete his duties on the field.

"The seriousness of [Romo's] concern, we all understand," Jones said, taking a moment to compose his response. "I hope it will allow him to go about his business. My experience is that you do both: It really does affect you, you think about it and Romo had those same kinds of experiences. And you just have to, for the good of that person normally, you just have to zero in on going about your business.

"It wouldn't surprise me at all if at different points of the day his dad is on his mind. Hopefully with that in perspective, he can go on and play like he wants to play and like his dad wants him to play, I'm sure."

One thing is certain: Come Sunday, all eyes will be on Romo.

Edited by Martysb3tt3r, 13 October 2007 - 01:41 PM.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#2 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,693 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 02:32 PM

Man if he really IS Brett Favre, this is good cause no QB is better with family distress then Favre is!
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users