Posted 15 October 2007 - 04:54 PM

Cowboys, Terrell Owens get burned by Patriots
BY HANK GOLA
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER
Monday, October 15th 2007, 4:00 AM
Print

Email

Suggest a Story
IRVING, Tex. - The symbolic popcorn in the Patriots' locker room after yesterday's game was all they cared to pop off about Terrell Owens.
The Cowboys' mouthy receiver had clammed up all week, except for a note to the media taped to his locker, in which he promised that the "original 81" would talk about the "other 81" after the game.
"P.S. Getcha popcorn ready," he wrote, hinting that he would outperform that "other 81," Randy Moss.
But while Owens' stats matched those of Moss yesterday, the Patriots' three-touchdown victory more than overshadowed the individual battle.
"We wanted to be one of the elite teams in the league," Cowboys coach Wade Phillips said. "Obviously, we're not."
Owens, as promised, came to the podium after the game but when he was asked to assess Moss' performance, he replied, "Next question.
"I come to play every week," Owens said. "I did that to prevent some of the questions you keep asking me about the other 81. It's not me against him, it's a team game. We lost the game."
Owens led the Cowboys with six catches for 66 yards and a TD while Moss was the Patriots' third-leading receiver with six catches for 59 yards and one TD. But it also appeared that the Cowboys' attention to Moss led to more chances for Donte' Stallworth and Wes Welker, who combined for 18 catches.
"Well, you've got to worry about Moss," Phillips said.
Moss, for his part, sloughed off any questions about being the "other 81."
"I don't really get into that," he said. "You're the media and you know who T.O. is. I just wanted to come out there and do what I could to help my team win this game. I wasn't going to feed off what he was saying or the hype about two 81s. I don't really buy into that. I've got a job to do and that's to catch touchdowns and get first downs."
Owens, who had complained earlier this year that people already were talking about the Pats running the table, refused to get carried away with the praise.
"No, they're a good team. I wouldn't say they're the best," he said. "They beat us today. I tip my hat off to them. We knew we had some opportunities and we let them slip away. There is no confidence loss in the locker room. We will be ready. We're going to be focused on Minnesota this week, get ready for that game and go from there."
Meanwhile, the Patriots were having a grand old time walking around their locker room with boxes of popcorn, throwing some of it in the air.
"T.O. said to get it ready," linebacker Rosevelt Colvin said. "We wanted to know how it tastes."
"Tastes pretty good," said Rodney Harrison. "Like humble popcorn.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#2 Devilish34

Devilish34

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 05:06 PM

:lol:

86 the Kool Ade -- we need some fvcking icewater for these pussies

Posted ImageRIP Bill 1931-2007
RIP Major/Dr. John Paul Pryor killed in Iraq on 12/25/08. You will be greatly missed and can never be replaced.
What Happened To Dr Pryor?

You might be a Redneck if you brag about running a 11.57@118.14Posted Image

#3 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 05:09 PM

:lol:

Are you laughing at your Niners preformance or the Cowboys being 5-1?

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#4 Devilish34

Devilish34

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 05:23 PM

Are you laughing at your Niners preformance or the Cowboys being 5-1?

I'm laughing at TO. My Niners will be back probably nothing like they were when
Joe was at the helm. They are def in deep dodo with Twent Dildo, but I will be laughing
even harder if your cowboys unwind and TO throws a sissy fitt :evil:

RIP Major/Dr. John Paul Pryor killed in Iraq on 12/25/08. You will be greatly missed and can never be replaced.

#5 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,541 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 06:38 PM

hey Owens DID deliver... he did out perform Moss.... by SIX YARDS :P
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#6 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 07:07 PM

I'm laughing at TO. My Niners will be back probably nothing like they were when
Joe was at the helm. They are def in deep dodo with Twent Dildo, but I will be laughing
even harder if your cowboys unwind and TO throws a sissy fitt :evil:

Hmm... why would TO have any reason to have a "hissy fit"? Face it, we're 5 and friggen 1, and the 1 loss came against the best team in the NFL!!! We were in a close game (you don't EVER look at the final score to determine the outlook of the entire game) against the New England Patriots lead by a modern day genious (or damn good cheater) Bill Billicheat. TO outpreformed Randy "I won't play unless my team is winning" Moss by 6 yards, and had one less Touchdown. Randy Moss is going to be "humble" (that gay joke all of the Patriots think is the funniest thing ever) and completely out of the news because his team is WINNING. The season's gonna end and everyone's going to praise the "new" Randy Moss, and how amazing his "transformation" was. Then, next years gonna come, the Patriots are going to have a decent but not crazy start, maybe 4-2, and Randy is going to start coming out, "If Brady would just look here a little more..." or "Take into account who's got the most talent in this corps" and all of that other classic Rany Moss BS! He (and Terrell Owens) don't like it when they aren't winning, there's nothing wrong with that, but if you are anticipationg a TO Meltdown, then i can sure as hell anticipate a Randy Moss meltdown also.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#7 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,541 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 07:13 PM

Dude... really... ease up on the bitter pills.. they won gthey get to talk their little sh!t... don't ruin the good name the Cowboys fans of the forum have :P

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#8 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 07:44 PM

BILLS AND THA STEELERS> COWBOYS.

FACE IT,!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nah, in reality, what could pretend the Cowboys to win a Superbowl? Their Pass DEF/O-line.

Humm..Lets see who the Cowboys played in their first 5games.

Giants(Won 45-35..But still allowed 35points.)
Rams(They're pitiful and had no-offense.)
Bears(With Grossman as the QB..Any team can win, and BEARS D didn't deliver their best perfomence)
Dolphins(Poor OFF, POOR DEF, POOR TEAM. What else Do I need to say?)
Bills(The Bills were without Lot of Key players in their Defense...And they were still able to win)

Yeah, you could argue that you have to win those games, but even though, the Cowboys didn't have a real test, untill the Pats.

Now watch-out for the whole divison, the Redskins,Giants and the Eagles are looking good and are getting their rythm.

Watch out also for.. THA PACKERS!!!!(Yarly.)

My dream would be..Steelers vs Cowboys, and the Steelers would blown out tha Boys :)(YEAH, 11YEARS AGO fvckING NEIL ODONEL THREW A fvckING INT....THAT fvckING INT, STILL HUNT STEELERS FANS, AND THIS YEAR, THA SUPERBOWL IS IN ARIZONA..COINCIDENCE?)
Posted Image

#9 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,541 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 07:51 PM

Dude... lose the booze... PLEASE... man it's not healthy to drink that much while posting :P

#10 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 07:53 PM

Dude... lose the booze... PLEASE... man it's not healthy to drink that much while posting :P

SHUT UP CRUSHER, I DONT DRINK DURING SCHOOL DAYS.... IF I EVER SEE NEIL ODONNEL, I'LL KICK HIS POOR ASS OF FUGGIN QB.

:P Kidding of course.
Posted Image

#11 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 08:54 PM

I'm tired of the BS already....nothing but how the Cowboys got whipped and the Patriots are so great...oh the Patriots didn't play that great and still won....bull....going into the season the Cowboys secondary was suspect....no surprises there....still we got behind 14-0 and still scored on them 24-7 to take a lead....we shot ourselves in the foot with the penalties and the brain fart coaching call to kick the field goal instead of the TD...are they a better team? of course, they have better players overall and have been in the same scheme for years....so what, we showed we could hang with the big dogs plain and simple...I'll be anticipating a rematch come February...but for now, one game at a time.....next up the Vikes!!
'05-'06 Hobey Baker Award Winner (Best Rookie Poster)

*click click* *whistle whistle* "Its my thing, my trademark...its what I do."

#12 Mike441

Mike441

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 09:23 PM

The Giants are winning the Divison write it down, the 7-1 Cowboys will lose to the 6-2 Giants in the meadowlands. I grew up hating the Eagels and the Cowboys so i was happy when the Pats spanked them.

Edited by Mike441, 15 October 2007 - 09:23 PM.

#13 Devilish34

Devilish34

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 06:22 AM

hey Owens DID deliver... he did out perform Moss.... by SIX YARDS :P

I still enjoyed his post game sunglasses interview

#14 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,541 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 08:14 AM

Personally i want to know the mind-numbing drugs the Patriots give their players since they all say the same flipping thing in the post-game stuff... EVEN MOSS :blink: they're even more robotic then hockey players!!!

#15 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 12:10 PM

Personally i want to know the mind-numbing drugs the Patriots give their players since they all say the same flipping thing in the post-game stuff... EVEN MOSS :blink: they're even more robotic then hockey players!!!

That's easy enough. The same spiked kool aid Lou gives his.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#16 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,541 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 12:13 PM

That's easy enough. The same spiked kool aid Lou gives his.

I think the Patroit flavor might even be stronger then Lou's honestly :P

#17 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 12:16 PM

I think the Patroit flavor might even be stronger then Lou's honestly :P

Extra rum? :blink:

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#18 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,541 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 12:52 PM

More like Zholoft or Xanax or something mind numbing like that :lol:

#19 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,086 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 01:07 PM

The Giants are winning the Divison write it down, the 7-1 Cowboys will lose to the 6-2 Giants in the meadowlands. I grew up hating the Eagels and the Cowboys so i was happy when the Pats spanked them.

Quoted to serve with foot on 11/11. :P

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#20 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 02:54 PM

so what, we showed we could hang with the big dogs plain and simple

Is that what Patriots 48, Dallas 27 is ... "hanging with the big dogs"?

More like eaten by the big dogs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users