31 replies to this topic

#21 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,005 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 11:54 AM

Yep. LOTCB's got it. Chambers stinks, and the Chargers are going to find that out the hard way.

They needed a receiver though - so I like the trade for both sides. The Chargers are deluded if they think they're getting a top wideout - Chambers would need a lot of reps and practice just to hold their jocks.

On the contrary. Chambers has been decent to good the past seven years, and the BEST quarterback he's had throwing to him was Gus Ferrotte... now what can he do with a good quarterback, and basically the entire defense worrying about LT. He'll be good... maybe better.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#22 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,762 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 12:27 PM

On the contrary. Chambers has been decent to good the past seven years, and the BEST quarterback he's had throwing to him was Gus Ferrotte... now what can he do with a good quarterback, and basically the entire defense worrying about LT. He'll be good... maybe better.

Chambers has consistently been at the bottom of the league in catch rate - that's passes caught/passes thrown to. His teammates have often been better, so it's not just been the awful QBs. He runs bad routes and drops the ball a fair amount too.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#23 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,005 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 03:46 PM

Chambers has consistently been at the bottom of the league in catch rate - that's passes caught/passes thrown to. His teammates have often been better, so it's not just been the awful QBs. He runs bad routes and drops the ball a fair amount too.

There really needs to be 2 categories in dropped passes. I am a Cowboys fan, but a 'Fins follower. Last year, Chambers was second in the AFC in 'dropped' passes. According to the score sheet, if the reciever gets a hand on the ball which causes the ball to change directions, it is considered a drop. I would say about half of Chambers' 'dropped' passes were awful passes from Joey Harrington or Cleo Lemon, which Chambers made a completely acrobatic move to give the ball a chance. Chambers made the Pro Bowl 2 years ago with Guss Ferrote throwing to him.. give him a quarterback, he'll be fine.

Posted Image

#24 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,693 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 03:49 PM

When was the last time Chambers had a legit QB and offensive team around him to be in a chance to make good plays... Jay Fiedler... Cleo Lemon !?!?!? Dante last year !??!?! Come on... he's gonna be MUCH better by nature of the team and offense he is going to!
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#25 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,005 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 08:17 PM

When was the last time Chambers had a legit QB and offensive team around him to be in a chance to make good plays... Jay Fiedler... Cleo Lemon !?!?!? Dante last year !??!?! Come on... he's gonna be MUCH better by nature of the team and offense he is going to!

I definately didn't say that in the 4 messages prevoius :P

Posted Image

#26 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,693 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 08:25 PM

I definately didn't say that in the 4 messages prevoius :P

yeah but unlike you people actually listen to me.. hell they might even take me seriously :evil:

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#27 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,005 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 08:37 PM

yeah but unlike you people actually listen to me.. hell they might even take me seriously :evil:

:angry:

Posted Image

#28 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 09:30 PM

GO CHAMBERS GO.......

CUFKING a$$hole!
Posted Image

#29 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,005 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 06:30 AM

GO CHAMBERS GO.......
CUFKING a$$hole!

What could you possibly have wrong with Chris chambers?

Posted Image

#30 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,693 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 08:19 AM

What could you possibly have wrong with Chris chambers?

Chambers thinks beer is a wimp's drink too :P

#31 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,005 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 07:00 PM

Can you believe it?!? Ronnie Brown is now out for season... so they have to live with Booker being their best reciever, Chattman being their best running back, and Cleo Lemon running the show. Yikes? Can you say JOHN BECK??

Posted Image

#32 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 08:05 PM

Let Beck play, let Booker play, and for god sakes.. RELEASE THAT WASHED-UP JOEY PORTER!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users