45 replies to this topic

#41 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,924 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 09:53 AM

You're smelling an excess of open bug fumigators and modelling glue my friend :P

I think you can chalk up my post to Sam Adams beer yesterday!!!

Manta, something has to change with the Ravens...jut amazes me to see how bad that offense is...and it is not like they are totally void of talent....

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#42 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,452 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 10:09 AM

Manta, something has to change with the Ravens...jut amazes me to see how bad that offense is...and it is not like they are totally void of talent....

You shoulda seen the looks from my friends (and bartenders) ... they know your ringtone.. and when I siad PLAYOFFS !?!?!?!? :blink:... peoples head were like WTF !?!?!?

it was pretty funny!!!

Well the Ravens have ZERO QB's and NOTHING in the playmaking WR position (and look around the NFL you win and lose now on offense at the WR spot)

when you don't have the playmaker in the passing game you're TOAST nowadays
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#43 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,452 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 09:36 PM

Wow... it's gotten quiet in this thread :P

Is it just me or does the year go too goddamn fast when the NFL season kicks off ?? I KNOW it does I guess just because I treasure my NFL Sundays like the GOLD that they are but hey with a weekend full of people smoking cigarettes on their way to a WALK TO RAISE CANCER AWARENESS (idiots!!) and well 603 viruses found on a computer that was REALLY just used to go to wrestling sites (hey you keep me up till 2am scanning the fvcker I must comment!!). Why wouldnt the NFL week be just as weird!!!

Sunday October 21:
Arizona at Washington:

What a messed up little game the Redskins again looked ready to ROLL on a badly depleted Cards team with Warner even bobbling snaps with his hurt left arm and TIM RATTAY of all people looking semi-decent (but then again look at their weapons on offense) I still think Arizona shoulda called the Jets and offered a second round pick for Chad personally though its amazing how the Redskins can AGAIN come up big on a team (despite 95 yards passing from Jason Campbell) and just take the foot off the gas AGAIN like they did to the Giants but this time they BARELY pull this one out on a missed long Rackers FG, after a weird onside kick play which had the Redskins coaching staff wondering what the HELL was going on then again they wonder that a lot dont they?? Damn Redskins are GOOD, but the coaching staff gets too good for its own out of date brain-trust sometimes that Redskins-Cowboys game soon is gonna be a SLOBBERKNOCKER!!!!

Falcons at Saints:
If you watched this game WHY?? Well ok, you have Dunn, Bush or Brees in your fantasy league. But dont look now the Saints have won two in a row and might actually have a legit chance to crawl back into this awful divisional race (Carolina and Tampa are only 2 games up and neither is very good at all) Reggie Bush is getting more used to being THE guy in the backfield and Drew Brees is getting time to throw playing defeated and limp teams, who have their season saving black QB get his ankle rolled in the first quarter I kinda think theyve folded in the tents in Atlanta this year LONG ago anyway but like I said keep an eye on the Saints if they get back to 4-4, this team may not be as dead as well assumed they were (though I did warn ya that the lack of talent in the NFC South made this not TOTALLY out of reach)

Ravens at Bills:
You know a team is bad (the Ravens) when a deluded Bills fan can smoke some glue and crystal meth and think off this game the Bills can make the playoffs (*insert Jim Mora speech here*).. and like I told him imagine if Derek had the teams you root for man Fun TIMES !!,,, but still this game was an exercise in brutality to even glance at when I had the time and its not even like it was a good defensive game this was two garbage offenses battling for ineptitude rights!!! Give the Bills some credit with some of the painful and scary injuries and more painful losses (Nick Folk anyone??) you could see this team just saying ok next year but nope theyve rallied behind Trent Edwards and are trying to make a smiliar late season pass at glory like they did last year (jiust to throw more salt on Buffalo wounds eh?) now watch theyll go beat the Jets AGAIN next week too!.... As for the Ravens I said it all before.. just now they start playing teams with real offenses and that small window they had left gets SHUT on their awful faces!

Patriots at Miami:
This game made Rutgers/Brown look like a competitive slugfest this game was so in hand I swear to God Tom Brady spent more time hitting on the Dolphin cheerleaders on the sidelines .. WHILE HE WAS PLAYING you can see it now back to the play hey babe how are you wanna see a real man with some rings?? *doesnt even look and turn. Tosses the ball* there ya go Randy.. thanks!!! I swear it was THAT easy for New England. And not only that but they squash ANY hope Miami had of winning when Ronnie Brown blows out his knee trying to make a tackle! Though I have to say the Pats are making football a little un-fun to watch I mean its TOO EASY and they dont even CARE about it being so (after all WHAT WAS THE POINT IN RUNNING A FAKE SPIKE PLAY up 42-7 with 30 seconds left?? I talk about college football teams running up the score for no reason thats a DISGRACE like I saidif I was the Dolphin coach and Brady came out in the 2nd half Id have put a bounty on him seriously TAKE HIM OUT).. what can I say about the Dolphins?? Nine more losses to perfection?? I dunno I still wanna see them do something against the Giants next week.. but UGH

49ers at Giants:
How bad are the Niners too? The Ginats tried play after play early on in this one to HAND the game to the 49ers.. missed PATs, bad FGs a turnover or two but the Niners couldnt run an efficient offense on a bunch of two year olds trying to potty train.. again its just almost unwatchably bad to see this now! The Giants have somethings you need to stop to beat them stop the pass rush and slow down Burress and you got a chance needless to say the pass rush killed the most inept offense this side of the Ravens in the NFL!

Tampa Bay at Detroit:
Both of these teams have had nifty seasons so far and have given their fans some hope but Tampa with all their injuries and the problems they have on offense noe and the Lions with as many weapons as they DO have. You could just see this coming Garcia had a nice game but they cant make the BIG PLAY (and now more then ever if you want to win in the NFL you need a big time QB, and a game breaking WR or two.. look at all the top teams its the formula now) a nd Tampa aint got the guns to keep up with the Lions Kitna plays strong at home and the Lions win!

Titans at Houston:
The game of the week the duel between Sage Rosenfelds and KERRY COLLINS!?!?!? Holy Hell what a weird NFL world we live in! And well the insanity carried right into this game.Vince Young did not play and then Schaub goes down early in this game after getting SMOKED by Haynesworth!! And the Titans look like theyre gonna roll.. 7 FGs, 2 TDs on the gounrd they run the ball enough that Kerry Collins cant screw it up but BACK COME THE TEXANS (even though half the stadium had left too) including a late TD to Putizer (damn remember when he was semi-relevant) the onside kick is RECOVERED.. but theres like 15 penalties called they GET IT AGAIN (when does THAT ever happen??).and then you top it off with that stupid Andre Davis DIVING CATCH over two defenders in the end zone and then Kerry Collins gets them in range for Rob Bironas EIGHT field goal to WIN IT!!! Farooqing CRAZY man!!!

Here.. watch for your damn self!!!
http://www.nfl.com/g...8...r&week=REG7

4pm:
Chiefs at Raiders:

22 points??? No WONDER this game was nowhere to be fonud!! But I have to say hey Jet fans you think you might want Herm back?? Hes built a defense and an identity in KC now they run the ball.. and muchly and now even the great Priest Holmes is back in the mix (what a story THAT is) both defenses played well but the Chiefs shut down the Raiders mutli-headed running attack and without it Culpepper is NOT good enough to do it on his own anymore and somehow the Chiefs are atop the AFC West weird!

Jets at Bengals:
Wow, I dont know what was the bigger shock. Seeing Chad throwing deep down the field or the Bengals show heart and effort and come back in this one??? Probably should have watched more of this but as the ratings showed when the Dallas Cowboys get a better rating then the Jets hrrmm (sorry Im enjoying that).. but even against the dead in the water Bengals, the Jets cant run the ball well they passed the ball all over the place but STOP in the second half and the Bengals find a way to win umm go figure? Least it will be fun to see the NY Media turn heel on Mangini this year (who should just gut the damn team and put the players he actually WANTS in there) I should say maybe the Bengals are back but um no!

Vikings at Dallas:
DAMN Adrian Peterson is GOOD aint he?? Hes almost good enough by himself (and this O-Line) to make the Vikings a big pain in the neck this year and the Dallas offense did struggle with the Vikings never seemed to really get on track again and this bad first half ah well go get them in the 2nd half nonsense HAS to stop hell dont spot the Pats 14 points with your heads up your ass and maybe you WIN that game), but the Cowboys defense played solid and made its plays (another week with a defensive TD too), and they just found a way to WIN the Vikings will be solid this year but if they ever get that game-breaking WR I was talking about damn they are gonna be a pain in the neck!

Bears at Eagles:
Not a game to be trying to enjoy an early dinner too indeed neither one of these offenses are anything specials and the defenses have been flat all year tooshown very much so by the SIX field goals to two touchdowns in this game not the best of reasons to turn away from the Cowboys game. In fact these two teams play very much the same.. average at best days on the ground and dink and dunk with the offense well until Brian Griese got hot at the end of the game and marched the Bears 90+ yards in a drive that only be called simply season saving. And amazing how FAST the Eagle fans stopped showing up at Sun tavern and I think like their team theyre done for the year now!!!

Rams at Seattle:
When a team as average as every team in the NFL is (I miss the days of 5-8 top tier teams battling for it all all this crap fighting to find the shine in their pile of sh!t is not fun to watch each week) can pound you 33-6 I dont really know what to say anymore.Marc Bluger throws 3 picks (SHUT HIM DOWN and SAVE HIM FOR NEXT YEAR).. the only really alarming stat is that Alexander only had 47 yards rushing and hasnt been the same since he drove me to my first Fantasy Football Championship!... I dunno if you watched this one good for you I salivate at Browns and Rams next week!!

8pm:
Pittsburgh at Denver:

OK, Ill admit this game annoyed me not that I have ANY love for the Steelers., but I am ticked off enough the fickle town of Denver has forgotten how bad the Broncos have been because of this little baseball thing (my goal this year is to see that runt Shanahan FIRED), but now the are unfer the radar and on the verge of three losses at home in a ROW. Both teams really played sloppy miserable turnover filled football in the cold, mistakes all over the place, and the Steelers stabilize and make a nice run late to score 14 unanswered points to take the lead with 70 seconds left and the Broncos come right back and mister long field goal Jason Elam (where was the time out to ice him guys?? Or better yet since Shanahan was acting like it was going to be called DONT call it and make them take the delay of game penalty!) whos the only reason the Broncos have won 3 games as it IS nails the game winning field goal then again maybe the Steelers too are a little overrated this year??

Monday:
Colts at Jaguars:

Well so much for this being a close game at ALL, the Colts stormed out early often and it was good game, time for Raw the minute David Garrard was rolled up in the first half (I swear the NFL is like Mortal Kombat this year the last QB standing WINS!). Nothing really much to say here the Colts just unleashed a balls out assault that the Jags simple have NO answer for.and the Jacksonville backup QB was brutally bad I still wonder when Drew Bledsoe is gonna get a call from one of these teams..

Power Rankings, Week 7:
AFC:
1. New England running up the score like it was college football
2. Indianapolis. 2 more weeks to take the top spot.
3. Tennessee KERRY COLLINS TO ROB BIRONAS (man what a mess the NFL is indeed!)
4. Kansas CityHerm-a-mania LIVES brotha!
5. Denver well I was gonna put SD or Cleveland ahead but ahh I dunno.. the AFC is only the top 2 anyway.

NFC:
1. Dallas youre still the onneeeee
2. NY Giants still rolling until they are shown otherwise I guess.
3. Washington pulled one out their ass.. but have been owed TWO since the losses to the Giants and Packers
4. Detroit quality win at home
5. Seattle still shining the sh!t but playing messier sh!t at the moment!

Edited by CRASHER, 23 October 2007 - 09:44 PM.

Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#44 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,935 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 03:43 PM

4pm:
Chiefs at Raiders:

22 points??? No WONDER this game was nowhere to be fonud!! But I have to say hey Jet fans you think you might want Herm back?? Hes built a defense and an identity in KC now they run the ball.. and muchly and now even the great Priest Holmes is back in the mix (what a story THAT is)

Go ahead, twist the needle in further :P Besides Herm never had a defense with the Jets either, it was the same bs (let second-string backs run for 130 and 3 TD's) then too.

I will say this, as many problems I had with the man's ability to coach, the players do play for him. We'll find out if that's true for Mangini this year. Even worse he's been COACHING like Herm lately with the same stubbornness towards making a change to a sinking ship :blink:

Edited by Hasan4978, 24 October 2007 - 03:44 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#45 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,941 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 07:05 PM

Well i was at the game (Cowboys) last sunday, and got a stadium tour the day before... look--

Posted Image

Meee in Dallas catching a TOUCHDOWN!!!

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#46 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,260 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 10:15 PM

Mason was to be our big receiver, McNair was supposed to be our big QB and Willis was supposed to be the runner. The tools are there, but too me its all about the coaching getting them on the same page.

I WISH we had an OC like Brian Schottenheimer calling our plays, he has nothing to work with in NY but he could do wonders the Ravens. Billick needs to let go. Oh yeah, we had four rookies playing on our offensive line last week, which didn't help.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users