• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#81 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,802 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 08:10 PM

Guess who I ran into at the Rock today...????

:koolaid:

Posted Image

and the rest of my pics...

http://uniquephoto.s...89597#211149880
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#82 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 08:38 PM

Lou is the man. I got him to sign a card of him I got in a team set promotion from a game about 5 years ago. Of course I waited until a few minutes ago to read the back of the card and learn that today is his birthday haha.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#83 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 08:39 PM

Posted Image

That dude needs to give back Johnny Cash's wardrobe ... :rolleyes:
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten. •• "Starbuck, what do you hear? ... Nothing but the rain...

"Look for my coming, at first light on the fifth day, at dawn, look to the East"

"I have the libido of a 15-year-old boy. " - Megan Fox

- Proud njdevs keeper of the Boss' Sold Out banner at the CAA -

#84 devils744

devils744

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 989 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 08:42 PM

was anybody else thinking they dont have enough stalls in the men's bathrooms or was it just me?

#85 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,927 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 08:46 PM

was anybody else thinking they dont have enough stalls in the men's bathrooms or was it just me?

No cause theres tons more bathrooms in general.

#86 LA03

LA03

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 08:54 PM

Thanks for sharing the pictures! I've been glancing at the arena this past week as I've been making my drive to Penn Station every morning for my commute and I've just been in awe of it. It's nice to get to see what's inside. I'm even more excited for the game I'm going to next weds. :)

#87 langsgirl

langsgirl

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,684 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 09:16 PM

Let me first say that I love the place....

Second...we were just chilling at the tables that are behind the sections and Parise and brodeur just casually walked by so I felt all special... :)

And third...I clearly have nerve issues... because most of my pictures are blurry... but enjoy

http://pictures.aol....1193019152910.1
Tim O'Connor(my favorite F LIST celeb :) ) :
"Do people still do birthday parties at McDonalds? Like does Ronald McDonald still show up? Whatever happened to Grimace? Do they still run the Hamburgular? They were a hit back in the day. The Hamburgular, Grimace, who else?"
Rob Brink(My favorite writer): "Mayor McCheese."

Tim O'Connor
: Mayor McCheese, oh my God! Holy sh!t how did you remember that?

Rob Brink : "He was wearing a tuxedo and his head was a fvckin’ cheeseburger dude!

#88 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 09:42 PM

So ... does the outside screen look as crappy in person as it does in the pictures?

Lg - nice pics - dont worry I know you were probably still in post Marty-Zach shock .... :o

Edited by El Diablo, 21 October 2007 - 09:42 PM.

Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten. •• "Starbuck, what do you hear? ... Nothing but the rain...

"Look for my coming, at first light on the fifth day, at dawn, look to the East"

"I have the libido of a 15-year-old boy. " - Megan Fox

- Proud njdevs keeper of the Boss' Sold Out banner at the CAA -

#89 langsgirl

langsgirl

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,684 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 09:45 PM

I dont like the outside screen but i only saw it close up and am hoping that from far away its better.

Ya i keep trying to blame the camera... cause lately i have had many blurry pics.. but i really think i just have really unsteady hands...because my handwriting is starting to get atrocious as well :P
"Do people still do birthday parties at McDonalds? Like does Ronald McDonald still show up? Whatever happened to Grimace? Do they still run the Hamburgular? They were a hit back in the day. The Hamburgular, Grimace, who else?"

Tim O'Connor

Rob Brink : "He was wearing a tuxedo and his head was a fvckin’ cheeseburger dude!

#90 mackchi

mackchi

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 11:21 PM

Posted Image

Lou is definitely Da Man! :hail:

The Place will be awesome when it is completed. Today was picture perfect and the atmosphere was very casual. The players,coaches, owners really were accessible. It really was like visiting someone's house.
I didn't bring anything to have signed but I got a few pictures with my cell phone.

There really was not guidance as to what was what but if you asked some of the people working there they tried to help.

The parking for season tickets holders is dissappointing in the locations. It is chaotic at the moment. I hope they make it better. I am in the green zone and it is a 3-4 block walk....not bad...but there where some sketchy dudes hanging around. Hopefully on game nights the police presence will extend 3 to 5 blocks around. At night it will be tough.

As far as shopping or eating anywhere on Broad street....not for me ...I did not feel comfortable at all. Maybe in the future. If Time Square could be cleaned up so could Broad Street...let's hope. Right now there is nothing that interest me. It will be get in and get out.

I will take the train for a few games because the walk from Penn Station is not too bad. I am sorry I spent over $400 for preferred parking.

At least its a start and I hope it all goes well because if it doesnot succeed.it will be a disaster from which Newark will never recover from.
:pray:
LET'S GO DEVILS!

#91 Marv4Life

Marv4Life

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 07:29 AM

As far as shopping or eating anywhere on Broad street....not for me ...I did not feel comfortable at all. Maybe in the future. If Time Square could be cleaned up so could Broad Street...let's hope. Right now there is nothing that interest me. It will be get in and get out.

I will take the train for a few games because the walk from Penn Station is not too bad. I am sorry I spent over $400 for preferred parking.

There are plenty of bars/restaurants from Mulberry to the Ironbound. The problem is you didn't bother to look around or ask. You just judged everything by the Broad St. side.

Scully's-Clinton St. 2 blocks north via Mulberry
Arena Bar-Green and Mulberry, block south of the arena
City Cafe(sports bar)-2 blocks south on Mulberry
Hell's Kitchen-Lafayette/Buren, Ironbound, 4 blocks
Market St. Bar/Grill-Gateway Center
Cafe Airlie-Commerce Street, 3 blocks north on Mulberry

As for shopping, go to Newport or Jersey Gardens.

#92 ryani1978

ryani1978

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 08:15 AM

Let me first say that I love the place....

Second...we were just chilling at the tables that are behind the sections and Parise and brodeur just casually walked by so I felt all special... :)

And third...I clearly have nerve issues... because most of my pictures are blurry... but enjoy

http://pictures.aol....1193019152910.1

I see Langs and White were there. Did they say anything on how they are doing, how long till there back?

#93 langsgirl

langsgirl

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,684 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 08:27 AM

I see Langs and White were there. Did they say anything on how they are doing, how long till there back?

\

I didnt wait on lines so I didnt speak to anyone. Whites eye didnt look so bad, but you could def tell it was messed up.

Tim O'Connor

#94 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,279 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 08:50 AM

Terreri isn't on the mural =[ BOO!!

#95 NJDevils_Rock

NJDevils_Rock

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 134 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 09:25 AM

I dont like the outside screen but i only saw it close up and am hoping that from far away its better.

Ya i keep trying to blame the camera... cause lately i have had many blurry pics.. but i really think i just have really unsteady hands...because my handwriting is starting to get atrocious as well :P

The screen looks better from far away. When you ride into Penn it looks very cool.

There are plenty of bars/restaurants from Mulberry to the Ironbound. The problem is you didn't bother to look around or ask. You just judged everything by the Broad St. side.

Scully's-Clinton St. 2 blocks north via Mulberry
Arena Bar-Green and Mulberry, block south of the arena
City Cafe(sports bar)-2 blocks south on Mulberry
Hell's Kitchen-Lafayette/Buren, Ironbound, 4 blocks
Market St. Bar/Grill-Gateway Center
Cafe Airlie-Commerce Street, 3 blocks north on Mulberry

As for shopping, go to Newport or Jersey Gardens.

The Arena Bar is on Mulberry right near Lot 6. If you walk to the Arena on Mulberry you can't miss it.

Edited by NJDevils_Rock, 22 October 2007 - 09:27 AM.

#96 langsgirl

langsgirl

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,684 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 09:32 AM

The arena bar was very small... there were football fans there and I would say like 25 people were in there sitting and maybe another 30 would fit for standing room. Or it could be that most of the football fans were large men and so it was an illusion of being sort of small.

Tim O'Connor

#97 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,468 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 09:35 AM

The arena bar was very small... there were football fans there and I would say like 25 people were in there sitting and maybe another 30 would fit for standing room. Or it could be that most of the football fans were large men and so it was an illusion of being sort of small.

It was small but pretty decent inside. The wings looked good. It will be interesting to see what the clientel is like on a hockey night.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#98 langsgirl

langsgirl

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,684 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 10:22 AM

It was small but pretty decent inside. The wings looked good. It will be interesting to see what the clientel is like on a hockey night.

How on earth did you check out the wings? We like walked in and out... were you snooping?

Ya it was a nice atmosphere.. clean and all inside. I didnt mind it. Just think if people were going to go in to watch a game or pregame.. not to many people are gonna get into that one .

Tim O'Connor

#99 oofrostonoo

oofrostonoo

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 12:33 PM

The out door screen is very vibrant and has a great picture even in daylight. I work in times sq. and although the screen is not really a complete screen, it is much more vibrant outdoors during the day than the screens i see in nyc, except the new samsung one./...
Posted Image

#100 Reverend_Hellh0und

Reverend_Hellh0und

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 12:53 PM

For all those paranoid about the crime in Newark. It is overblown:

http://www.nj.com/news/bythenumbers/

Click crime, click "Newark Crime map" Click "prudential center"

I would be more worried about someone jackin your car than being involved in a violent crime incident even as is without the added police presence...

Edit to add:

Seems the violent crime rate is less than the precint that is home to MSG:

http://home2.nyc.gov...tics/cscity.pdf

Edited by Hellhound, 22 October 2007 - 01:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users