65 replies to this topic

#1 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,193 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 10:05 PM

Time to get this started. I am picking Boston in 5. The Rockies have had to sit and besides that, I think there luck is just bound to run out. Still have to give them a ton of credit for making it this far, lets see how far they actually can go. I hate the Red Sox but they deserve to be here. Congrats to them on their comeback over the Indians.

What do you guys think about this series?

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#2 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 11:01 PM

"And the Lord said 'Go Sox'." -- Family Guy
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#3 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 11:06 PM

OH MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS ...

AssRod probably kicking himself or his shrink ...
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten. "Starbuck, what do you hear? ... Nothing but the rain...

"Look for my coming, at first light on the fifth day, at dawn, look to the East"

"I have the libido of a 15-year-old boy. " - Megan Fox

- Proud njdevs keeper of the Boss' Sold Out banner at the CAA -

#4 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,900 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 11:12 PM

OH MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS ...

AssRod probably kicking himself or his shrink ...

Rockies in four.

C'mon, I gotta believe that something magical can still happen in professional sports, that it's not all going to be drug-addled lunatics and safe clean mind-numbing drones controlling the sports world. (Not that I'm accusing the Red Sox of that, in fact, I'll be happy with whoever wins it this year, I'd just like to see the magical/historical Rockies run play out, it'll be good for baseball and sports in general).

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#5 Kicksave Brodeur!!

Kicksave Brodeur!!

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 11:51 PM

whew!!! wow..hehe, now that was fun!! No sooner than we got back from the open house at the rock and drinking some of that fine sanagria at Iberia.. but then I got to witness one of the most satisfying RED SOX victories that I can remeber since 2004: YEAH BABY!!! DEREK EAT YOUR HEART OUT!! nuff said -
OOOOAAAHHHOOOOO!!!!!

Edited by Kicksave Brodeur!!, 21 October 2007 - 11:58 PM.

#6 Kicksave Brodeur!!

Kicksave Brodeur!!

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 01:21 AM

whew!!! wow..hehe, now that was fun!! No sooner than we got back from the open house at the rock and drinking some of that fine sanagria at Iberia.. but then I got to witness one of the most satisfying RED SOX victories that I can remeber since 2004: YEAH BABY!!! DEREK EAT YOUR HEART OUT!! nuff said -
OOOOAAAHHHOOOOO!!!!!

Oh Yeah i forgot to mention...we took the train in and back (bound brook) no prob!! we didn't get shot at once, we were kind of disappointed. And if coorslight doen't like me quoting myself he can go fvck himself!!

Edited by Kicksave Brodeur!!, 22 October 2007 - 01:25 AM.

#7 Vinnie

Vinnie

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 03:35 AM

Never bet against North Delta. Go Rockies.

#8 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,964 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 08:06 AM

Boston: $143,123,714
Cleveland: $61,289,667
Colorado: $54,424,000

Oh, I forgot, monster payroll difference$ can only be mentioned and whined about when it comes to the Yankee$ of the late 90's, and the gap show above is similar is not, greater, then the percentage the Yankee$ enjoyed in the late 90's....payroll was mentioned over and over and over then...why not now?

I am not suggesting payroll IS the reason, what I am suggesting is that fans and the media bitch about this over and over again with the Yankee$, why not the Red $ox?

Keep the hypocri$y train rollin! :rolleyes:

Edited by LOTCB, 22 October 2007 - 08:21 AM.

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#9 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,471 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 08:33 AM

Just for my own knowledge what is the difference between the Yankees and Red Sox payroll?
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#10 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,964 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 09:03 AM

Just for my own knowledge what is the difference between the Yankees and Red Sox payroll?

Yankee$ are at 195

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#11 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,471 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 09:09 AM

So Boston is 82 million over Cleveland. The Yankees would be 42 million over Boston and 124 over Cleveland. Boston definitely spends a ton but I can still see why the Yankees get the most press over it. The gap between Boston and Yankees can almost pay for Colorado's payroll. :D
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

-Anchorman

-Anonymous

#12 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,964 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 09:24 AM

So Boston is 82 million over Cleveland. The Yankees would be 42 million over Boston and 124 over Cleveland. Boston definitely spends a ton but I can still see why the Yankees get the most press over it. The gap between Boston and Yankees can almost pay for Colorado's payroll. :D

Again, bringing the Yankee$ into my specific argument is irrelevant...I was discussing the Red $ox vs Cleveland's and Colorado's payroll and that is it...not the Yankee$,..THAT is something noone will dare talk about...how dare we bring up fact$, man they really do $uck

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#13 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 09:29 AM

colorado will win. they are hot at the right time. 20 of 21 games. It's like the marlins/yankees series. A team on fire cannot be tamed.
Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#14 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,471 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 09:29 AM

Again, bringing the Yankee$ into my specific argument is irrelevant...I was discussing the Red $ox vs Cleveland's and Colorado's payroll and that is it...not the Yankee$,..THAT is something noone will dare talk about...how dare we bring up fact$, man they really do $uck

Well I know you said of the 90's but the post I responded to had the Yankees all over it:

"Oh, I forgot, monster payroll difference$ can only be mentioned and whined about when it comes to the Yankee$ of the late 90's, and the gap show above is similar is not, greater, then the percentage the Yankee$ enjoyed in the late 90's....payroll was mentioned over and over and over then...why not now?

I am not suggesting payroll IS the reason, what I am suggesting is that fans and the media bitch about this over and over again with the Yankee$, why not the Red $ox?"

We're always going to talk about the biggest payroll gaps and the biggest is still between the Yankees and everyone else. When it's Yankees/Red Sox the media doesn't mention that the Yankees spend even more than the Red Sox, no they're just 2 big market teams. I've heard it mentioned plenty of times that the Red Sox are the big market team that spends a lot versus the small market/small payroll Cleveland/Colorado teams. I've had to hear them compared as David vs. Goliath at least 5 times in the Boston/Cleveland series.

-Terry Goodkind

-Anchorman

-Anonymous

#15 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,964 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 09:30 AM

colorado will win. they are hot at the right time. 20 of 21 games. It's like the marlins/yankees series. A team on fire cannot be tamed.

Wah! Wah! Boston has all the $$$$$!!! They buy players!!!!!! Im done with baseball!! It is a farce!! A Joke!!

(sorry, slipped into bitter red sox/met fan face from the late 90's) :lol: :lol:

Edited by LOTCB, 22 October 2007 - 09:30 AM.

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#16 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 09:37 AM

You can make the payroll argument if you like, but there is one reason why the Red Sox payroll is so big. The EVIL EMPIRE. :)

#17 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 09:46 AM

But I suppose with the Yankees home, the Red Sox are the budget bullies. Can't say it's unfair. Their payroll is higher than everyone else's except the Evil Empire's.

Edited by Jerrydevil, 22 October 2007 - 09:46 AM.

#18 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,964 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 09:51 AM

You can make the payroll argument if you like, but there is one reason why the Red Sox payroll is so big. The EVIL EMPIRE. :)

So what the Yankees do makes the Red $ox decide to spend more....I guess blaiming the Yankee$ is never going to end and is the easy way out versus, heaven forbid, smearing the Red $ox image about $.

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#19 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 10:02 AM

So what the Yankees do makes the Red $ox decide to spend more....I guess blaiming the Yankee$ is never going to end and is the easy way out versus, heaven forbid, smearing the Red $ox image about $.

Exactly. :)

#20 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,471 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 10:04 AM

I'm starting to think this problem is more in LOTCB's head than in reality at this point.

-Terry Goodkind

-Anchorman

-Anonymous

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users