272 replies to this topic

#121 themiddle91489

themiddle91489

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 08:51 PM

Y'all gotta be more patient. I know it's frustrating, but realize ALL of these workers are new to their jobs, and it will take an adjustment period. And I know what the reply will be "Well they should learn to do their job!", and to that I say, think about any job you've ever started. Didn't you mess up on some pretty simple stuff your first couple weeks on the job? We all have. It's not like we're dealing with pros to the whole system who are just too lazy to do their job. The system of the Rock is new to everyone, fans and workers.
Attended Games: 2-1-1.
GDT's: 0-0.

#122 devils26

devils26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 08:54 PM

:hail:

Posted Image

"The Devils always find a way to win, ... That will continue." -Scott Stevens
"I wouldn't think so. Nothing is broken. It's just a bruise." -Lou Lamoriello

Posted Image

#123 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,931 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 02:12 PM

I'd make an appearance but I kinda doubt I'm even going to get up from my seat once I sit down. I did most of my exploring of the arena the other day and I'll probably just explore more Wednesday but I kinda want to just sit down and take everything in from my seat tonight.

#124 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,774 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 11:22 PM

I was planning on showing up, but I was on line for nachos for most of intermission because I was originally on the beer line at Mucho Nacho thinking I was waiting for nachos until I got to the stand and they told me to wait on the other line, then I had to wait on that line. By the time I got my nachos the 3rd was starting.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#125 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,900 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 11:23 PM

So whoall was there? I'm bad with remembering names and relating them to faces (or screennames, in this case). I was the one in the Brodeur jersey (oooh, that narrows it down!)

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#126 metallidevils

metallidevils

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 11:23 PM

I hope you guys do this every game!
"We had our chances. But Martin Brodeur is a hell of a player."
Posted Image
Posted Image of "It's a power play goal! F*** you Sam Rosen!"

#127 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,492 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 12:12 AM

I wasn't able to get off the upper level once we headed up there... not like we didn't see most of ya's anyway... but need to walk my lap of the place and use the bathroom... priorities!!! :thumbsup:

Maybe if they let us in the place before 545 it would have worked :P
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#128 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,900 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 12:15 AM

I wasn't able to get off the upper level once we headed up there... not like we didn't see most of ya's anyway... but need to walk my lap of the place and use the bathroom... priorities!!! :thumbsup:

Maybe if they let us in the place before 545 it would have worked :P

Agreed. It didn't help that the esculators were both going up at the first intermission, forcing anyone from the second level who wanted to participate to bound down six flights of stairs.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.

#129 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,492 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 12:17 AM

Agreed. It didn't help that the esculators were both going up at the first intermission, forcing anyone from the second level who wanted to participate to bound down six flights of stairs.

We also sit in 209 (love the Section 217 people behind us... minus the silly spray in the nachos which BRIAN STILL ATE :puke: ... and by the time I get to the escalator and back.. it's not happening... saw enough peeps on the upper level as is though!! :)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#130 Devilish34

Devilish34

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 12:41 AM

So whoall was there? I'm bad with remembering names and relating them to faces (or screennames, in this case). I was the one in the Brodeur jersey (oooh, that narrows it down!)

I was the late arrival with my wife.
I saw you Sammy,Sweet,G9,Punkrock but no clue on who else was there.
I got the in time to say HI Cheese and bye.

Ran into Crasher up stairs(he forgot to kick me in the shins :giggle: )

Might of seen 3*'s but she didn't have her monocle on so :noclue:

Also might of seen RD when I was turnin on to Edison to park

86 the Kool Ade -- we need some fvcking icewater for these pussies

Posted ImageRIP Bill 1931-2007
RIP Major/Dr. John Paul Pryor killed in Iraq on 12/25/08. You will be greatly missed and can never be replaced.
What Happened To Dr Pryor?

You might be a Redneck if you brag about running a 11.57@118.14Posted Image

#131 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,900 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 01:06 AM

I was the late arrival with my wife.
I saw you Sammy,Sweet,G9,Punkrock but no clue on who else was there.
I got the in time to say HI Cheese and bye.

Ran into Crasher up stairs(he forgot to kick me in the shins :giggle: )

Might of seen 3*'s but she didn't have her monocle on so :noclue:

Also might of seen RD when I was turnin on to Edison to park

Yeah I missed RD and Crasher entirely all night (though I've got no idea what Crasher even looks like). Most of the folks at the meet I didn't recognise, which is why I ask who was around. I know for sure I met msweet, puckrock, gordie, and sammy on the way back to the upper level. And I heard JerseyGirl mention the screenname but I never got to talk to her. I do remember when you got there...maybe another meet when the esculators work and we know where the hell we're going should be in order.

I was looking for a girl in a Sens jersey wearing a monocle but was unsuccessful. :(

Hopefully when sweet's around he'll post the pic, I think it was his camera.

#132 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,492 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 01:13 AM

When did what I look like EVER matter on people finding me?? :P

it's more about hearing me comin!!!! :giggle:

#133 njdevils2003champs

njdevils2003champs

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 01:15 AM

hmm... I think between periods would be better.. we're hoping to hang at Hell's Kitchen and don't know when exactly we're getting there.. have to see but it would be fun to put faces with names...

Definetly should have a hang out at Hells Kitchen.
Its Game Time! Are You Ready? Devils Hockey...Next!

NJDevs Keeper of the original 1987-88 Patrick Divison Champions banner, the Ken Daneyko banner, Devils Dawg's cape, 25th anniversary basher board ad, the Utica Devils, the Lowell Devils franchise, the Devils first win at the Rock, Newark Arena's first car-jacking victim, Lowell's pre-"Devil Dawg" mascot's cape, Sections 128 and 129 at "The Rock", Pork Sandwich at The Rock, Jumbotron clapping Godzilla, Mucho Nacho, Grant Marshall first edition Lowell Devils jersey, The first "Rangers suck" chant at the Rock (25th Oct. '07 at Bon Jovi), Bob Gilderstein, the PA voice from 2005-2007, NJ Iromen soccer team, and the Postponed and Continued Lightning/Devils game 1/8/10 and 1/10/10

"Elias, is going to chase it down. Right in front to Arnott, HE SCORES!!!!! JASON ARNOTT HAS SCORED AND THE DEVILS HAVE WON THE CUP!!! JASON ARNOTT!!! JASON ARNOTT has score and the Devils win it 2-1!!!!"-Mike Miller

"The Championship to New Jersey. The Devils win the Stanley Cup"! -Mike Emrick- -June 24, 1995

R.I.P. Mom 2/22/09

#134 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,900 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 01:17 AM

When did what I look like EVER matter on people finding me?? :P

it's more about hearing me comin!!!! :giggle:

Touche.

Definetly should have a hang out at Hells Kitchen.

That's my next goal now that I found the Gateway Complex, to find Hell's Kitchen from the arena. I'm so glad so many people seem to be hitting it up, I wish I could get there more often.

#135 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 01:18 AM

Sorry I didn't go to the meet...my knee was hurting too much, I just couldn't make the walk.

Anyway, I saw Hasan, Petey, MadDog2020, puckrock, gordie, and I'm pretty sure IAC27 there.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#136 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,492 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 01:20 AM

there's a bar between my parking spot (lot 6) and the arena... the East Cylinder.... we stopped in before the game... it's a good place... it should be an NJDevs spot of meeting, I'd recommend it!! :thumbsup:

#137 njdevils2003champs

njdevils2003champs

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 01:25 AM

How about Hells for a after game spot. :)
Its Game Time! Are You Ready? Devils Hockey...Next!

NJDevs Keeper of the original 1987-88 Patrick Divison Champions banner, the Ken Daneyko banner, Devils Dawg's cape, 25th anniversary basher board ad, the Utica Devils, the Lowell Devils franchise, the Devils first win at the Rock, Newark Arena's first car-jacking victim, Lowell's pre-"Devil Dawg" mascot's cape, Sections 128 and 129 at "The Rock", Pork Sandwich at The Rock, Jumbotron clapping Godzilla, Mucho Nacho, Grant Marshall first edition Lowell Devils jersey, The first "Rangers suck" chant at the Rock (25th Oct. '07 at Bon Jovi), Bob Gilderstein, the PA voice from 2005-2007, NJ Iromen soccer team, and the Postponed and Continued Lightning/Devils game 1/8/10 and 1/10/10

"Elias, is going to chase it down. Right in front to Arnott, HE SCORES!!!!! JASON ARNOTT HAS SCORED AND THE DEVILS HAVE WON THE CUP!!! JASON ARNOTT!!! JASON ARNOTT has score and the Devils win it 2-1!!!!"-Mike Miller

"The Championship to New Jersey. The Devils win the Stanley Cup"! -Mike Emrick- -June 24, 1995

R.I.P. Mom 2/22/09

#138 Devs4LIFE

Devs4LIFE

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 01:28 AM

I saw some people I recognized from the boards, I didn't say anything though.
Posted Image

#139 langsgirl

langsgirl

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,684 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 10:39 AM

I saw Crasher... who looked like he was on line for Mrs. Fields, but insisted it was for Carvel :)

I am pretty sure I saw Msweet... I know I met him once for ticekts and someone walked out of section 129ish and looked like him.. could be wrong though.

i SAW 731 :) ha.

thats it from the board. Didnt make it to the meet up because I ran into like 6 different people from my high school all who were not together... and another friend. So by the time I finished socialziing between each intermission, it was time to head back.

BUT - I got yelled at by the guy who sits in front of me to stop talking... little bit obnoxious at a game,... I was talking hockey because my friend was in Italy for a month, just came home a few days ago and heads back to Italy Tuesday. Hes been in a village with 51 people so he isnt exactly caught up on Hockey. I was updating him and telling him about some things in arena we couldnt go see and about 8 minutes in the game the guy turned around and said "Would you cool it"
He was an old grump. Didnt see him clap or stand or speak or anyhting. I continued to talk the whole period... really just to tick him off. BUT then I ran out of hockey talk.. and I felt like the guy won, cause i was much quieter during hte second and third :(

In all honesty, I get a little annoyed when people are near me talking the whole game.. but thats when its like non hockey related... I would never tell them to stop, and I certainley wouldnt be bothered by 8 minutes of on and off hockey talk.
Tim O'Connor(my favorite F LIST celeb :) ) :
"Do people still do birthday parties at McDonalds? Like does Ronald McDonald still show up? Whatever happened to Grimace? Do they still run the Hamburgular? They were a hit back in the day. The Hamburgular, Grimace, who else?"
Rob Brink(My favorite writer): "Mayor McCheese."

Tim O'Connor
: Mayor McCheese, oh my God! Holy sh!t how did you remember that?

Rob Brink : "He was wearing a tuxedo and his head was a fvckin’ cheeseburger dude!

#140 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,809 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 11:47 AM

Here's the NJDev's crew at the board meet

Posted Image
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users