#21 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 06:18 PM

LOL...No wonder they got killed. I kinda thought they could stay in too. :-\

Man, the Jets playcalling is abysmal. You run the ball well with Jones and then abandon him? Wow. Oh. And not going for 4th down inside the Buf 45 was dumb. Where's the guts? Mangenius to Mangina?

Losman did good for Buffalo. Nice throw to Evans for putaway score.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#22 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 07:04 PM

MOUHAHAHA

Steelers-24-13Bengals.

Are you still rooting for Chad Johnson, Crasher?

WHO DEY?

WE DEY!

WHO DEY?

WE DEY!!

:koolaid:
Posted Image

#23 MDPucks

MDPucks

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 07:07 PM

If you had the Redskins and 48 points... YOU LOST!!! :koolaid:

#24 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 07:28 PM

I can't wait until the players and coaches finally get tired of Bill Belicheat and start headhunting the Pats star players....it gets to a point when people will get fed up with the point running...and they'll only have themselves to blame...not saying it's right but it's just bad sportsmanship to do what the Pats are doing and this is coming from someone who has been born and bred to hate the Redskins....
'05-'06 Hobey Baker Award Winner (Best Rookie Poster)

*click click* *whistle whistle* "Its my thing, my trademark...its what I do."

#25 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,013 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 07:42 PM

Wow. That was ugly.

NFL: Let's send two teams to an unplayable mud field.
Great job.
Still not an excuse for how poor Coughlin's team played. The playcalling stunk. You couldn't throw on that field for sh!t. At least Jacobs had a good game. Tiki who?

The D couldn't tackle either on that field. Terrible lack of discipline.
Well, it felt like a loss but got to take it and move on and get ready for the big 1st place showdown in two weeks.

Wow. Yeah it was.

I know, get out of London.
It wasn't.
Yikes that wasn't pretty. What else is new :P. I know. Yeah. Barber.

They couldn't, neither team could. I don't know if it was that, but ok.
It should feel like a loss considering it was a nailbiter aainst the Fins, and lets go COWBOYS. It'll be a good one.

MOUHAHAHA
Steelers-24-13Bengals.
Are you still rooting for Chad Johnson, Crasher?

WHO DEY?

WE DEY!

WHO DEY?

WE DEY!!

:koolaid:

Settle on the beer, man.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#26 harpua19

harpua19

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 07:42 PM

just got back from the jets game...what a nightmare...teams couldn't even cover the over 7 in the 1st Q

after MSG>Rock>Meadowlands im wiped out

jets are really a disaster
"We're coming to your town
We'll help you party down!"

#27 MDPucks

MDPucks

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 08:39 PM

I can't wait until the players and coaches finally get tired of Bill Belicheat and start headhunting the Pats star players....it gets to a point when people will get fed up with the point running...and they'll only have themselves to blame...not saying it's right but it's just bad sportsmanship to do what the Pats are doing and this is coming from someone who has been born and bred to hate the Redskins....

This isn't college, high school, or pop warner. The last I checked the players are being paid to play and its up to the "burgandy & gold" to stop them. I don't remember the 85 Bears, 86 Giants, or 00 Ravens defenses nor the 80's 49ers and 90's Cowboys offense turning themselves off until late in the 4th quarter. As Bill Parcells once said, "There's no medals for trying fellas." Its not Little League and not everybody gets a trophy.

The Patriots use garbage time of blowouts as an extra live practice against a live defense. It gives the following week's opponent more to look at and think about (the Redskins were already defeated on Tuesday listening to the interviews here), and in my own opinion the Pats are giving the rest of the NFL a giant "screw you" after camera gate.

After nearly 2 months I guess the whole NFL's been taping the Jets and the so-called "Man-genious" this season. :giggle:

#28 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 09:11 PM

You're right...it's not pop warner...and it's not Madden 08 either...it's just plain classless to run up the score by going for it on fourth down and using trick plays to end the half when you are up by 4 TD's already...it's just plain classless...like I said, I can't stand the Redskins and laughed, literally, out loud when I saw the score but realistically when you have teams and players and coaches turning against the Pats because they walk around thinking they are the end all then you are going to get people who will be fed up...if they want a "live" practice (which is the most hilarious excuse I've heard yet) then they are going to get it when teams don't let up on Brady and nail him to the ground...sure I don't want to see people get hurt but it's bound to happen when a team goes out there and thinks their sh!t doesn't stink...as Carson Daly said...it's all about Kharma....

tell me someone got that reference :)

#29 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 09:37 PM

Settle on the beer, man.

Do you know what the chant Who dey means?

Its the principal chant for the Bengals fans.. And ever since TJ HOUSHMANZADAH used the Terrible Towel to clean off his shoes, after clinching the Divison title...The Steelers fans used that " WHO DEY" for " WE DEY"! Because of that video:

:)

Edited by TravisZajac, 28 October 2007 - 09:38 PM.

Posted Image

#30 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,694 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 10:46 PM

I was having this discussion about the Pats and this absurdity that now Belichicken feels the whole world has done him wrong because they got caught with the videotape stuff... now he feels he needs to go over the line and be a douche to the whole league (and don't tell me about the Cowboys and 49ers in the 90s... NONE of those teams were running 4th and 2 with 8:00 to go in the 4th Quarter up FORTY, or using fake spikes and other bush league garbage like that... and I said it last week and I say it again... if I am the opposing coach... I say I don't care who... I don't care HOW... take that fvcker OUT)

if you want to run the ball (and lord knows they need to work on that some more for when the weather isn't bad and Brady can no look toss blind passes down the field while staring at cheerleader asses) and it goes in that's fine... beating up on a VASTLY inferior NFL "Talent" (and there's about 10 teams now that are purely HIDEOUS and you are impressing NO ONE with fake spikes and QB Dives while up 40)... this isn't a bitter thing... this isn't a this ain't my team thing (I WANT Romo out of the game up 35... save him for the next week when it MATTERS again)

it's a karma thing and I just wanna be there when Brady is carted off the field with a spatula!
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#31 njdevils783

njdevils783

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 01:10 AM

Wonder if they ran that passing play on 4th down to help get Brady his 3rd TD pass of the game to keep that streak going. Seems more logical then the small minded thinking of it being quite simply to run up the score. Brady doesn't even play the whole game anymore. This joke of a redskins team couldn't even stop the back up. Maybe the Pats should just start punting on 2nd down to keep the fans of the NFL happy.

Edited by njdevils783, 29 October 2007 - 02:21 AM.

Posted Image

#32 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 08:53 AM

Maybe the Pats should just start punting on 2nd down to keep the fans of the NFL happy.

If you are good and are going to win the game it's one thing...any fan whose a fan of a team that has been disrespected by the Pats during their 8 week rampage has to feel the same way...a loss is one thing but to be a d!*k about it and, like Crash said, go for it on 4th and 2 and to fake spike the ball, then it's classless....those are plays that are logically done when you need a spark or you are trying to get an advantage....when you are up 38 - nothing then you already have that advantage and it's just classless...take it from Crasher and myself, the Cowboys are, so far, the only team that were able to run with the Pats for a bit and their "f u" TD came after Phillips called a TD so it wasn't a complete "f u" so we have less to be pissed about....if I were a 'Skins fan (ew, my skin crawls just typing that :) ) then I would've wanted to lose weight and have all my teeth as well had a real reason to be uber pissed...

#33 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,694 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 09:28 AM

When you have Cowboys fans watching the game and going... damn I feel bad for the Redskins... THE REDSKINS... then you KNOW something is wrong :P

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#34 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,976 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 11:16 AM

Snifff.....Sniff.....do I $mell the 6th seed in the AFC?!?!?!?!? :o

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#35 JesterDevil

JesterDevil

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,115 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 11:30 AM

I was having this discussion about the Pats and this absurdity that now Belichicken feels the whole world has done him wrong because they got caught with the videotape stuff... now he feels he needs to go over the line and be a douche to the whole league (and don't tell me about the Cowboys and 49ers in the 90s... NONE of those teams were running 4th and 2 with 8:00 to go in the 4th Quarter up FORTY, or using fake spikes and other bush league garbage like that... and I said it last week and I say it again... if I am the opposing coach... I say I don't care who... I don't care HOW... take that fvcker OUT)

if you want to run the ball (and lord knows they need to work on that some more for when the weather isn't bad and Brady can no look toss blind passes down the field while staring at cheerleader asses) and it goes in that's fine... beating up on a VASTLY inferior NFL "Talent" (and there's about 10 teams now that are purely HIDEOUS and you are impressing NO ONE with fake spikes and QB Dives while up 40)... this isn't a bitter thing... this isn't a this ain't my team thing (I WANT Romo out of the game up 35... save him for the next week when it MATTERS again)

it's a karma thing and I just wanna be there when Brady is carted off the field with a spatula!

This isn't fricking junior high football. This is the NFL. If you have the talent to be the best team ever, why not show it?

Edited by JesterDevil, 29 October 2007 - 11:33 AM.

#36 MDPucks

MDPucks

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 12:31 PM

Lets see, fake spike at 17-0 just before halftime against a team SI's (and Devils season ticket holder) Peter King just ranked as the 6th best team in the NFL. Yeah, real bush league there. :rolleyes: Funny part was the Redskins expected it, weren't faked out, and still couldn't stop it.

90's Dallas never ran up the score with "classy" Emmitt on MNF waving back to the Giants running the score to 35-0? Or the "elegant" 49ers putting 55 on Denver and 52 on San Diego in the Super Bowl? How about Buffalo putting 61 on the Raiders in the 90 AFC Championship? Eh, that's okay its the Raiders. But since its the "model franchise" Patriots and Belicheck isn't chummy with the media its easy to hate on them.

People talk kharma. The NFL doesn't have baseball beanballs or NHL goons to enact frontier justice (I'd argue those leagues have lost those too). Last time somebody intentionally went after to hurt a QB late was Jim MacMahon on the Bears getting slammed 7 seconds after a pass by a no-name Green Bay linebacker in 1986. People talk great smack about avenging their lack of machismo with a dirty hit but it never happens. And if lets say a Dwight Freeney took a liberty with Brady then Rodney Harrison would be more than willing to even that score with Marvin Harrison.

Belicheck wants to burn the rest of the league that he and the Patriots took the hit in "camera gate" while the 31 other teams that do the same thing escaped scott-free.

#37 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,976 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 01:14 PM

How about Buffalo putting 61 on the Raiders in the 90 AFC Championship? Eh, that's okay its the Raiders.

First of all, get the facts straight....The Bills won that game 51-3 and I hope you realize the score was 41-3 at HALFTIME. So much for that.

Or the "elegant" 49ers putting 55 on Denver and 52 on San Diego in the Super Bowl?

Care to provide any factual evidence to back up these claims? From what I can recall, I do not have any, but feel free to provide some and I would be happy to be wrong.

SF 55, Denver 10, SF scores 2 TD's in 4th by RUNNING the ball

Belicheck wants to burn the rest of the league that he and the Patriots took the hit in "camera gate" while the 31 other teams that do the same thing escaped scott-free.

Again, where is the evidence?

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#38 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,694 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 02:02 PM

Snifff.....Sniff.....do I $mell the 6th seed in the AFC?!?!?!?!? :o

Put the weed down man :P

This isn't fricking junior high football. This is the NFL. If you have the talent to be the best team ever, why not show it?

You already did by being up 35-0 with 8:00 left in the 4th quarter... at that point you're PLAYING like a HS Football Coach in running up the score... what's the matter Belichicken... missed a Madden Trophy on the PS-3 last night ?? You SHOWED your talent you PROVED your damn point, there is something about being a good winner too (I used to think I was a bad winner... now i know different)

There's also a HUGE difference in running up the score in a playoff game against a team that should be on a more even level then clearly the last two opponents were (personally)

Just wait till someone snaps Brady's legs in two when they are running up the score... it's gonna serve them right!!!

http://sports.yahoo....U...n&type=lgns

10-pack: Patriots inexcusable for running it up
By Mike Florio - SportingNews

ProFootballTalk.com's Mike Florio weighs in on the biggest storylines of Week 8:

1. Is Belichick giving the rest of the NFL the finger?

ADVERTISEMENT

Last week in this space, I raised the question of whether opponents of the New England Patriots might be thinking that the team is running up the score -- and whether such opponents will be looking for payback for the full duration of Bill Belichick's tenure with the team.

This week, it's even harder to make the case that the Patriots didn't run up the score against the Washington Redskins and Hall of Fame coach Joe Gibbs. Apart from yet another fake-spike play late in the first half, the Patriots amazingly eschewed a field-goal attempt while leading 38-0 with 11 minutes to play and went for it on fourth-and-short from the Redskins' 7-yard line.

Let's get this straight: Belichick would have been uncomfortable with a lead of only 41 with 11 minutes to go? Please. The Redskins hadn't scored a point. Even if the Patriots had pulled 11 guys out of the stands to play defense the rest of the way, the gap would not have been closed.

And then, leading 52-7 with less than a minute to play, New England still had numerous starters on the field. That's simply inexcusable.

Belichick could be telling the rest of the NFL that if a big deal is going to be made out of the Patriots breaking a signal-stealing rule that many other teams routinely violate, then Belichick will stay fully within the rules -- and obliterate anyone who crosses his path.

The backlash is going to begin. As the buildup begins to the biggest regular-season game of the year -- and possibly ever -- the media will probe the question of whether Belichick is bullying the rest of the league.

Even though the Colts are 7-0, this New England team is so good that, next week at this time, folks might be debating the question of whether the Patriots ran up the score against the defending Super Bowl champs.

#39 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 02:15 PM

LOL...No wonder they got killed. I kinda thought they could stay in too. :-\
Man, the Jets playcalling is abysmal. You run the ball well with Jones and then abandon him? Wow. Oh. And not going for 4th down inside the Buf 45 was dumb. Where's the guts? Mangenius to Mangina?

Losman did good for Buffalo. Nice throw to Evans for putaway score.

I don't fault the play calling on the Jets. The line was so bad the Pennington had no time to set and throw outside of little drop off passes to Washington or Jones. Where the hell is the protection and the run blocking on this O-line?

Losman? That was ALL Evans taking away an interception and making a TD out of an underthrown ball.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#40 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,447 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 03:56 PM

The run-blocking on the Jets was there enough for Jones to average like 5 yards a carry. They also didn't go to him enough in the Philly game when he was dominant (eschwed Jones on three straight plays with one yard to go for a first down). Eh well at least the fans got what they wanted with Clemens now they won't lynch Mangini on the field this week :P

As far as the Patriots I agree that they're thumbing their noses at the rest of the league. All the Patriot lackeys can come up with all the defenses they want, 'live practices', 'getting role players TD's', let's be real - this is a pattern. The Patriots are intentionally rolling up the score week after week as a giant f u to the NFL. And they may yet pay for their audacity in having their starters play 60 minutes in blowouts especially if they keep pissing teams off.

I will say this though, you couldn't pay me enough to watch the Jet-Patriot game in Foxboro. They're going to try to win the game 70-7 (if the Jets can even manage that).
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users